Micro 800-B: "Normal" Stock Photos Mafia [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Paraphrase
:

Me: ok chamber y u recruit me?
Chamber: ur still scum but i think ur a pr role (dats y i chose u) also don't expect me to talk in here
Me: im town yes
Chamber: im town yes? so ur not claiming a role k imma keep my read of scum on you
Me: wut lol *wifoms pr answer*
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 250, Ranmaru wrote:
Paraphrase
:

Chamber: ur still scum but i think ur a pr role (dats y i chose u) also don't expect me to talk in here
Chamber: im town yes? so ur not claiming a role k imma keep my read of scum on you
LOL...
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 223, Errantparabola wrote:You're willing to straight up self-destruct, send us to LYLO, and bet the whole game on us managing to get two out of two correct lynches today and tomorrow.
I mean.

What other option is there?

I hammered Alisae three fucking pages and less than 24 hours into the game--yes, it was an accident. Yes, it was unintended. But even if I could explicitly prove as much (I mean there's evidence which supports as much from the post existing in a draft in my PT to the fact I was quoting the OP combined with me being a chronological reader but while that's IMPLICIT evidence it's not EXPLICIT evidence and thus isn't hard proof). Even if I was able to undeniably give you something that, beyond all shadow of doubt. Proved it was an accident and unintended.

All that does is prove it was an accident. It doesn't prove I'm town. There's no proof I'm town, and yet a strong sentiment that I could be scum lying and that there was no accident involved. That is not something to have in lylo. So the options are everyone trusts me as town now, or everyone lynches me now. The former I don't think will happen, leaving the latter.

Which gives you lylo tomorrow.
In post 223, Errantparabola wrote:You're pushing one of those lynches as una, who your partner has previously said to you is locktown. This is something that literally determines the game and you didn't care about it enough to follow up?
Mostly because I am having a hard time reconciling his thoughts with...anything. I am obligated to share them. I'm not obligated to investigate them. That's actually more your job.

My job is to give my own thoughts and to relay Pine's thoughts; your job is to investigate the things I give from both me and Pine, as I see it.

I'll ask him though because with his stated reads I don't think he realizes he's calling you by implication scum. (Which I obviously disagree with, too.)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by MariaR »

Too scummy to be scum vibes incoming whew
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by MariaR »

I think if I can figure out UnaBombaH alignment I can win this game
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 226, Errantparabola wrote:I was considering asking her to claim.
I mean.

I accidentally claimed my role yesterday when I said that it'd be safe for a Neapolitan to investigate me; that kinda gave away that I'm a VT.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Mastina, so you say you are a chronological reader. Yet, why do you vote without making sure that you are on the last page, caught up? How do you prevent an accidental hammer as a chronological reader? How do you not see MariaR's L-1 post as a chronological reader?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by chamber »

Paraphrase
:

This paraphrase is mostly accurate but lacks nuance. The big thing missing (which I didn't fully explain before) is that you didn't actually look interested in solving the game day 1. Your questions didn't go meaningful places. This to me makes it much more likely that you are scum (and thus don't need to know more info) or are a town investigative PR (and thus have other ways of getting the info). I didn't have PR reads on anyone else and already explained why I thought a neighbourhood in this game was more or less useless for anything other than PR organization.
Taking a break from the site.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 241, CheekyTeeky wrote:Mastina can you ask Pine about EP?
Did before reading this post. Will let you know when he gets back.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 249, MariaR wrote:Tell me if I have to tone it down btw I might get fired up for this game especially so I don't wanna seem too edgy :P
I actually like it that way. So keep it up if no one else is bothered by it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by chamber »

Paraphrase
:

I do think this is another instance of a bad faith paraphrase though, not in that it isn't based in truth, but in that it makes things look as bad for me/good for you as possible.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 248, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 246, chamber wrote:
In post 243, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 240, chamber wrote:
In post 237, mastina wrote:God this is going to be hell.

So Pine says that he thinks Maria's 203 is very town (which means he has stated strong townreads on the two players I most scumread), thinks Cheeky is very town, and that Ranmaru is slimy scum capitalizing on my error (which I understand his reasoning behind but hard disagree on). He does say I should trust my chamber read tho.
Hydra dissonance like this is way more common from scum in my experience, as another knock against mastina.
It's stuff like this that creeps me out.
You've made some off hand comments before. (Like your ew at my question to EP). Can you explain why those both bother you? Especially the EW one.
No. Short of time and overgamed. Feel free to use your imagination.
I honestly have no idea. I think both posts by me are middle tier at worst (I think my EP question was actually excellent though).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 256, Ranmaru wrote:Mastina, so you say you are a chronological reader. Yet, why do you vote without making sure that you are on the last page, caught up?
Because who the fuck waits to vote?

I do that as scum as an excuse to not move my vote around (this might actually be one of Elli's tells on me by the way--and yes I say "one of" because I don't believe Ellibereth would have ONLY ONE tell on me), but frankly it's exactly that. An excuse. Something I do as scum in order to manipulate the gamestate to my favor but don't do as town.

I have always held that votes are the strongest tool in the arsenal of a town player.
Towns are universally given two weapons. Their voice, and their vote. Not using one is just as wasteful as not using the other. So I should ALWAYS have a vote out.

Furthermore.

I like to partake in the RVS.

My Alisae vote was an RVS vote.

And yet because my RVS content always has an agenda. My vote was also meant to generate reactions. In particular, I was looking to Alisae's reaction to my vote and looking forward to Alisae's "Okay mastina voted me that makes me an IC" comment.

Furthermore.

When I read chronologically.

Sometimes, new content is generated faster than I can read.
So if I waited to get caught up--I would never vote because I'd never get caught up.
Something I'd never abide by as town.

Why did I vote?

The better fucking question would be why the fuck wouldn't I vote?
In post 256, Ranmaru wrote:How do you prevent an accidental hammer as a chronological reader?
This game gives the fucking proof that you don't. You're literally asking "how do you prevent (thing which happened) from happening?" when, by the fact that the thing happened...it's self-evident that I DON'T prevent it.
In post 256, Ranmaru wrote:How do you not see MariaR's L-1 post as a chronological reader?
Because I was on post fucking zero when I posted my vote. Maria's vote was on post, what, 72? Something like that. That's a full 72 posts' worth of content I didn't fucking read until AFTER the vote.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 260, chamber wrote:I do think this is another instance of a bad faith paraphrase though, not in that it isn't based in truth, but in that it makes things look as bad for me/good for you as possible.
Then please, paraphrase everything to show what I 'missed' then. This is me showing that, I did not like that you threatened me with keeping your scum read on me for not claiming my role, as if I need to claim to you so you can town read me (or null read me).
In post 254, MariaR wrote:I think if I can figure out UnaBombaH alignment I can win this game
I agree, I'd like to see more from him. Are you familiar with his meta?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by MariaR »

not rly I've been scum against una every game
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by chamber »

I've already stated the important clarifying bits. The other bit wasn't a threat, was just a fact. Why state the fact if not as a threat? To indicate the use of the neighborhood was mostly dead to me. Shrug.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by MariaR »

why don't you para it the way you see it if it's incorrect
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by chamber »

I didn't say it was incorrect. It just twisted things in slightly bad faith. He wrote everything from his POV instead of a neutral one. Again, I've made the one clarification I feel was most important.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I just feel that, you had no good targets to choose and you had to force a scum-sided tactic to progress your win condition by choosing me and trying to guess what kind of role I am to have a
use
for your role.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by chamber »

If I were a scum neighbourizer I'd have not used it at all.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by chamber »

I hate being scum, having to fake being town in multiple places sounds awful.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I'm also curious if you were intending on reading my games, why you hadn't done so over the night to have a better idea of my slot then saying that after I accuse you of not voting me while stating you scum read me.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by MariaR »

need to talk to dunn
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I'm interested in hearing what he has to say, having played with him in WF.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 271, Ranmaru wrote:I'm also curious if you were intending on reading my games, why you hadn't done so over the night to have a better idea of my slot then saying that after I accuse you of not voting me while stating you scum read me.
I don't remember the exact chronology of everything. I'd have likely read past games of yours at some point regardless, but normally its a higher priority for me to do it for question marks than it is for people I have reads on. I believe you moved up higher in the priority when actually talking to you in the PT. With that said, I didn't read any games during the Night. Metaing takes time. I chose to do other things.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”