podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 am

Post by podoboq »

pagetop
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 249, podoboq wrote:
In post 246, sheepsaysmeep wrote:if i vote mew it's not a hammer right
Mewtaph's not at L-1, but why would you place a vote without catching up first anyway?
i can always change it as i read further but i already have a strong read here and placing a vote down first is always better than not voting

VOTE: mew

im on page 3 and im starting to disagree a lot with dannflor? but i still have them as a pretty strong villa read for how they push things
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 214, podoboq wrote:Alright, let's do this. I don't like color coding my reads lists, because someone accused me in my first game on site of trying to subliminally affect others' perceptions. So in order to make this readable, I'm just gonna use my mod color for everyone!

Towny

LolWagons

LolWagons entire iso is trying to interact and sort players. I don't think there's anything specific I need to cite. At this point, LolWagons is playing a lot, and appears
to not be afraid to disagree with people. I like this slot a lot.
You literally said this. It’s the exact opposite of what Trekkie stated.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i didnt fucking read the game before replacing in :cool:
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 252, LolWagons wrote:You literally said this. It’s the exact opposite of what Trekkie stated.
I read a lot of disagreement from you with regards to Mewtaph. That made me like your slot.

Then Trekkie comes in and discounts it. He says you're not getting too involved, and I thought you were getting pretty involved with Mewtaph. So I find common ground, and ask him to elaborate, because it'll help me figure out what I think of Trekkie. Doesn't mean I agree with him. Just that I want to cooperate with him.

The fact that you're not comfortable with that is fascinating to me, though. Please continue.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:57 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 214, podoboq wrote:Writing your own name instead of "myself" is a common and successful trick. On Survivor, there's an understanding that once your name is in people's mouths, it'll never leave. If you've been talked about being voted out, you will never truly be safe again, because it's a name people know has some kind of traction. In mafia, the same thing is true. "____, ____, and mbaki is the town core I am working with," makes other people see that people are talking about mbaki as part of a town core when they're skimming. It makes it look like mbaki is considered a part of town, but it's artificial, because you're the one putting yourself in that town core. It's like including yourself in your own readslist.
I do usually include myself in reads lists. It helps for factoring numbers, games can be solved by having the majority of the player list as town reads.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:57 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 214, podoboq wrote:A less arcane problem is that this post just displays zero scumhunting, and is just coasting off of the town pool that Dannflor laid out. There is no controversy in mbaki's posts. There's no real thought. No action was taken to move the game forward, which, if he's scum, indicates he's happy with the current flow of the game. I'm worried this means that scum!mbaki is happy with us voting for xtoxm, but for now, I want to pressure that slot regardless.
Outright false.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:57 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 255, mbaki wrote:I do usually include myself in reads lists.
Y I K E S
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:58 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 214, podoboq wrote:I can't tell if mbaki's push on GE is scummy or not, but it's garbage either way. The fact that he came to the same conclusion, "I don't believe Gamma Emerald read the game and came to the conclusion his current nitpick is how he's going to find scum," but his next step was "therefore he's scum," doesn't make sense to me when that reads as extremely towny to me. Either mbaki is mistaking bad play for scummy play, or mbaki is just trying to justify his scumread without any real supporting evidence.
Except I'm
not voting Gamma Emerald
?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:58 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

mew's posting/questions are terrible to top of page 5 so far

im just strugglign to see that this is ever genuine solving rather than trying too hard to look like a really active solver
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:59 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i put myself in readlists too
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:00 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 136, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Let's discuss this then.

7 posts in your iso.

1) rvs; irrelevant
2) theory post; irrelevant (queue the "why are we discussing this")
3) agree with someone else; relevant, though not starting discussion nor scumhunting
4) random 1-liner; irrelevant
5) agree with someone; relevant, as this post l-1s someone
6) random takeaway; irrelevant
7) "why are we discussing this"; irrelevant

In conclusion, there are exactly two posts relevant to the game in your iso. One of them puts a player at l-1, and one of them agrees with something another player says. Neither advances discussion, provides insight, or affects the game-state... other than bringing a wagon to l-1.

Why aren't
you
discussing
anything
, and why is #124 the thing you choose to comment on when there is game relevant content around and after it including from me?
I mean, you
DID
vote for him, and you're still pushing the narrative that he's scum even though your vote is parked on someone who just replaced for the time being.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:01 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 260, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i put myself in readlists too
Y I K E S
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:01 am

Post by podoboq »

Thanks guys, I'm glad we're finally playing mafia in this thread.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:06 am

Post by podoboq »

mbaki, are you an alt? Because if you're just new to forum mafia, that can explain away some stuff.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:09 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 254, podoboq wrote:
In post 252, LolWagons wrote:You literally said this. It’s the exact opposite of what Trekkie stated.
I read a lot of disagreement from you with regards to Mewtaph. That made me like your slot.

Then Trekkie comes in and discounts it. He says you're not getting too involved, and I thought you were getting pretty involved with Mewtaph. So I find common ground, and ask him to elaborate, because it'll help me figure out what I think of Trekkie. Doesn't mean I agree with him. Just that I want to cooperate with him.

The fact that you're not comfortable with that is fascinating to me, though. Please continue.
Noooo you’re trying to reframe switching a position as offering an olive branch to a player. You specifically say I’m interacting with players. Players. Plural. Not just Mew. Now you’re trying to say my only meaningful interaction was with Mew. It is not semantics. Because I’d have a hard time believing that you would townread someone who you thought was only interacting with Mew. This is a position change and you’re not owning it.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:15 am

Post by LolWagons »

And even after this exchange you could have been like “oh damn, you know what, yeah, I might be wrong”

I literally just did that on my mbaki townread

The fact you’re not wanting to own a reads change and are trying to reframe it is hella suss
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 265, LolWagons wrote:
In post 254, podoboq wrote:

Noooo you’re trying to reframe switching a position as offering an olive branch to a player. You specifically say I’m interacting with players. Players. Plural. Not just Mew. Now you’re trying to say my only meaningful interaction was with Mew. It is not semantics. Because I’d have a hard time believing that you would townread someone who you thought was only interacting with Mew. This is a position change and you’re not owning it.
In post 174, LolWagons wrote:
In post 170, bristep123 wrote:I'm not feeling the Gamma push, need to keep an eye on that. Especially Xtotm who only said 'Gamma is scumposting' but didn't vote. That's my thought anyway.
Bri’s apathy is a bit annoying but that a fairly Townie thought process

Sorry mew on mobile and am not going to one on one a wall but I haven’t forgot about your response
In post 208, LolWagons wrote:
In post 156, mbaki wrote:I have glazed over almost every Mewtaph post this game. Just the way he types I guess.
Does scum say this? I don’t think mafia tends to say shit like this.
In post 209, LolWagons wrote:I think Mbaki, Podo, and Bri are town.

I think Dann leans town.

No clue on Gamma. Thought I knew how to read him and a game just wonder where I was wrong.

I’m hanging up the Mewtaph hat for now, I genuinely can’t tell if it’s a play style difference or I’m onto something but I’m willing to look elsewhere.

Bri made a good point about Xtom and I’m not parking my vote on a slot that needs replaced so

VOTE: Xtotm
These were enough high quality posts, interacting with the game and talking about other players, that I came out liking your slot. I'll admit that I didn't notice that every other post in your ISO was talking only to Mewtaph. I wasn't very observant. That still didn't completely change my read on you.

I think it's hilarious however that your response here is to attack a person for wavering by essentially saying they should have noticed it earlier. Like, you're not denying that it's a valid perspective that you're scummy. You're just saying it's scummier that I didn't notice how scummy you were acting before posting my readslist.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 266, LolWagons wrote:The fact you’re not wanting to own a reads change and are trying to reframe it is hella suss
Oh don't worry, the read on your has changed. It's just not because of the lack of meaningful interactions directly with other players. I think you can interact with the game without talking to players individually. I misread you leaving opinions on the game, and interacting heavily with Mewtaph, as you interacting with several players in the game. I don't think the realization that I was missing something means that you're scummy.

This reaction to me is pretty fun, though.

VOTE: LolWagons
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:22 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 214, podoboq wrote:
LolWagons

LolWagons entire iso is trying to interact and sort players. I don't think there's anything specific I need to cite. At this point, LolWagons is playing a lot, and appears
to not be afraid to disagree with people. I like this slot a lot.
In post 268, podoboq wrote:VOTE: LolWagons
Man I missed playing mafia.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:25 am

Post by LolWagons »

Oh boy.

It’s not about the direction you read me (town to scum or vice versa) it’s about the shift and your unwillingness to acknowledge it until I told you that owning it would have been indirect better then trying to reframe it as “finding common ground”

Of course it’s a valid perspective. He has a right to think that. I selectively disengaged during the Gamma push. The difference between you and him is he fucking owned it up front.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 242, LolWagons wrote:It’s more the fact you checked my ISO this morning and now that someone is suspecting me you’re suddenly shifting to an opinion that I’ve only contributed in regards to the Mewtaph exchange, which is probably partially true but I’ve engaged with other players and have reads on them, so it’s more of a relative comparison (I came in very engaged and hopped off when things got less interesting).
Personally I've found very little of your "engagement with other players" not including your ongoing activity with podoboq, and your contributions in the exchange between you and Mewtaph are lacking IMO.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Thespio »

Marcos Antunes Trigueiro, known as the Industrial Maniac and the Contagem Maniac is a former Brazilian driver accused of being a serial killer of women who operated in the Contagem and Belo Horizonte cities

VC
VOTE COUNT:

Mewtaph:
bristep123, Sheepsaysmeep
Sheepsaysmeep:
Dannflor, LolWagons
Podoboq
Mewtaph, Gamma Emerald
LolWagons:
Trekkie33, podoboq
Trekkie33:
mbaki
No Vote:
No one
With 9 alive it takes 5 to Lynch.

Time Remaining:
(expired on 2018-12-27 19:05:03)
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:28 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 270, LolWagons wrote:Of course it’s a valid perspective. He has a right to think that. I selectively disengaged during the Gamma push. The difference between you and him is he fucking owned it up front.
Still don't think you being disengaged indicates that you're scum. This last couple of pages does, though.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:29 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 236, podoboq wrote:"Hey Trekkie elaborate please"
I wanted to use this to sort Trekkie, but I'll suffice with using it to sort LolWagons. Unexpected result, but a welcome one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”