clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:14 am

Post by clammy »

Checking in, still like a roffman lynch. Don't want to see it go to deadline but if there's no other way....
Long and short of it: position hasn't changed.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Please, can we get some activity? anything?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:58 am

Post by icemanE »

Hello, sorry I've been so damn inactive. Been hiking for the past few days.

It's been said that I should commit to a position before deadline, and I agree.

unvote - vote: Roffman

It seems the choice is between MLF and Roff today - the "MLF hammered" argument, which is as far as I can tell the only point against him, is not a good one.

I will look further into roff but of the two apparent plays today, a roff lynch seems more justified at this stage.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by melikefood »

Sorry, School started for me.

Anyway, I'll Vote Roffman.
But I'll ask for a Vote count first so that we don't end the day before we need to.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Darox »

icemanE wrote:I will look further into roff but of the two apparent plays today, a roff lynch seems more justified at this stage.
Why? Seems like you flipped a coin here, or just decided to go with the majority.

Also, why did you vote clammy?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:31 am

But I'll ask for a Vote count first so that we don't end the day before we need to.
Considering we're coming close to deadline, why the nervousness about voting Roffman? (it's not bolded, so it don't count) Are you worried that a hammer might make life harder for you?
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

You know the same thing happened day 1 with the same people.
RS post 90 wrote: I would like to hear from the not so active players.
Pacman???
Melikefood???
Both of you have said you have your doubts of Ythill and might vote him but neither of you have been active. Staying away from your buddy's sinking ship?
Understand I am not asking you to put your money where your mouth is being as ythill is at L-2. We need as much info as possible. Your input would be delightful though.
MLF post 92 wrote: I think a lynch on Ythill would be fine.
Not sure how we'll go from that in no-reveal though.
Vote Ythill
KoC post 251 wrote: Please, can we get some activity? anything?
MLF post 253 wrote: Sorry, School started for me.

I really think that MLF could be the possible scummy here. I know that would mean that Ythill was probably town because the idea that MLF hammered his partner is a little out there in a no reveal game. But this whole hardly posting but following others arguments and making the vote / hammer. I know I argued with Clammy the validity of the simul post and all that but this is just too obvious to me. MLF is still following and not posting much game content of his own. At least he learned his lesson about making sure of the vote count before voting…..

And Iceman why would you completely ignore my question to you when I asked it twice and Darox asked it also?
I do not like you voting habits at all now that you find yourself comfortable on the Roffman wagon.
Icemane post 252 wrote: It seems the choice is between MLF and Roff today - the "MLF hammered" argument, which is as far as I can tell the only point against him, is not a good one.

I will look further into roff but of the two apparent plays today, a roff lynch seems more justified at this stage
What about your previous post 185 11 days ago…… the last time you bothered posting in this game.
unvote - vote: Clammy

That’s all you had to say. Please explain. I really think that a roffman lynch could be possible but there IMO are others more suspicious.

I know this is a little out there but what else can I say... It really looks like two groups fighting and settling on one player....like the paper said.... Between IcemanE voting Clammy and then the next post changing to Roffman and KoC voting MLF but then a few posts later changing to Roffman….. if it isn’t two groups then it’s one unorganized group.

Anyway I’ll be here all week but this weekend is a holiday and I wont be around and then deadline Sept 1st.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:34 am

Post by icemanE »

That’s all you had to say. Please explain. I really think that a roffman lynch could be possible but there IMO are others more suspicious.
If you want an honest answer, I was pressed for time and realized I hadn't contributed anything to the game for awhile. My clammy vote was purely for pressure.
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Pressed for time?
By my math that gives you (between your last content post Aug 7th and the latest Aug 25th) - 18 days of time to post something.
Ice 185 wrote:
RS wrote: Even if you did vote him for "Jumping on an easy wagon"
It feels like swaying the wagon onto Roffman from MLF.
unvote - vote: Clammy
This was all you posted.
Nowhere did you mention pressure, it looked to me like you were agreeing with my suspicions.

But your newest vote has you contradicting yourself (I assume you had seconded my above argument since you quoted me) by jumping on the Roff wagon with this as your reasoning
Ice 252 wrote:It's been said that I should commit to a position before deadline, and I agree.

unvote - vote: Roffman

It seems the choice is between MLF and Roff today - the "MLF hammered" argument, which is as far as I can tell the only point against him, is not a good one.

I will look further into roff but of the two apparent plays today, a roff lynch seems more justified at this stage
What gives?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 am

Post by icemanE »

By my math that gives you (between your last content post Aug 7th and the latest Aug 25th) - 18 days of time to post something.
Indeed, but between other games with more significant issues to tackle, modding a HM game, and being generally insanely busy IRL, I haven't had much time to delve deeply into this game.
This was all you posted.
Nowhere did you mention pressure, it looked to me like you were agreeing with my suspicions.
Right. Over the games I've played I've observed that stating "I'm placing this vote in the name of PRESSURE!" accomplishes nothing. If you want to place an effective pressure vote, you have to do it with at least a thin veil over it.
But your newest vote has you contradicting yourself (I assume you had seconded my above argument since you quoted me) by jumping on the Roff wagon with this as your reasoning
I guess I don't see the contradiction. If you could elaborate, I'd appreciate it.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:00 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two: Vote Count #2

5 roffman (Yosarian2, clammy, TheSweatpantsNinja, Knight of Cydonia, icemanE)
2 melikefood (Darox, roffman)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch! Deadline August 26, 9:59 CDT. At deadline it takes
to lynch.

Not Voting – 3 – melikefood, pacman281292, Rotten Snitch
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Elaboration
Of all my arguments and blather you could have quoted in your post you choose this one to vote ("Pressure") Clammy
RS wrote:Even if you did vote him for "Jumping on an easy wagon"
It feels like swaying the wagon onto Roffman from MLF.
I was arguing that Clammy was attacking Roffman because he jumped on an "Easy bandwagon" which is pretty obvious from my above quote.

You used this quote when you voted Clammy.
Your next post 11 days later you turned around and voted for Roffman.

Isn't that contradictory that you would vote to "pressure" someone and then turn around and follow his vote?

If your vote was for "pressure" then what did he say or do that caused you to think he defended or whatevere'd himself to your satisfaction?

Same question different wording:
What post of Clammy's caused you to lift the pressure vote on him?
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

@ Roffman

It looks like unless we can get a complete change in votes in the next 9-10 hours you are today's lynch.
No reveal at death but you are allowed to claim pre-death. Even if we can't 100% believe you, we might get something out of you to help us tomorrow?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:29 am

Post by icemanE »

Isn't that contradictory that you would vote to "pressure" someone and then turn around and follow his vote?
I didn't think Clammy was particularly scummy - but when a game slows down, or I lose interest in it, bandwagoning someone to get a response is useful. It's not contradictory to vote for someone that someone you bandwagoned voted for, at all. Do you think my vote will be more useful on Clammy than on Roff at this stage?
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Actually at this stage your vote on Roff was useless you put the fith vote on someone who was going to be deadline lynched (4 votes) in a few more hours.

Saying you put Clammy at L-4 for "pressure" and then saying you... um... how did you put it........
"It's not contradictory to vote for someone that someone you bandwagoned voted for, at all"
You're right Ice......
If I agree with someone and vote along with them to "pressure" something. Then I change my mind and vote, with the person I just voted against. No imput from me at all between these moves, explanation of what pressure was acheived, or anything that was gained from my "pressure" vote...... it all makes sense. :roll:

You still didn't tell me what it was Clammy said that moved you to pull your vote off of him and add your vote to the wagon he was on.
I would like to know that before night time please.
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

and to answer your last question.... Yes your vote would be more useful on someone other than the wagon.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:02 am

unvote

Just to prevent MLF from hammering and saving his skin for another night, at least.
I didn't realise how close we were to lynch - perhaps that's why MLF didn't bold his vote?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:14 am

Post by icemanE »

Actually at this stage your vote on Roff was useless you put the fith vote on someone who was going to be deadline lynched (4 votes) in a few more hours.
Actually that's a good point. Until the mod posted that votecount I didn't realize that it only took 4 votes at the deadline to call it a lynch. Now that Knight has unvoted, my vote counts, though, so I'll leave it where it is.

The primary reason I switched from Clammy to Roffman wasn't because of anything Clammy said or did to convince me I shouldn't be voting for him - it was because I was asked to choose a side before the deadline hit, and that made sense to me - I've been pretty inactive here, so I wanted to make sure I had a stake in the game that counted for something.
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Rotten Snitch »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
unvote

Just to prevent MLF from hammering and saving his skin for another night, at least.
I didn't realise how close we were to lynch - perhaps that's why MLF didn't bold his vote?
You do realize that the day is over in the next few hours even with your unvote?
MFL wasn't going to hammer which is why he asked for a vote count.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:56 am

MLF was going to hammer, he slipped up and forgot to bold the Vote Roffman section:

This would have been hammer. It may only keep roffman going a few hours, but I intend to wait until deadline, and see if anything comes of this cocked-up hammer, rather than let MLF end all discussion.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by roffman »

Rotten Snitch wrote:@ Roffman

It looks like unless we can get a complete change in votes in the next 9-10 hours you are today's lynch.
No reveal at death but you are allowed to claim pre-death. Even if we can't 100% believe you, we might get something out of you to help us tomorrow?
I'm a one-shot vig. No paper.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by melikefood »

No, I was going to wait.
FomS
Because I have faith in your reading comprehension
But I'll ask for a Vote count first
so that we don't end the day before we need to.
Rotten Snitch
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Rotten Snitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Rotten Snitch »

well thanks Roff if I was voting ya i'd probably unvote but I can do nothing.

Well at hopefully i made some arguments today that the rest of the content roffman voters can ignore tomorrow.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

I'm suspicious of clammy. He is really pissed off about a lynch.
The more we discuss, the more we have. And the more we have, the easier we lynch scum.
Buit, anyways, we are on a deadline.

I'm not sure about roffman's claim. We will not find out anything if he is lynched. We must try to use all the possible time for finding a good lynch (I mean, a scum lynch)
melikefood wrote:No, I was going to wait.
FomS
Because I have faith in your reading comprehension
But I'll ask for a Vote count first
so that we don't end the day before we need to.
It would have been a hammer, yeah. If we hammer without asking, we might arrive to a lot of accidental town lynches. I can't understand the "reading comprehension" part.
FomS: melikefood.

Sorry if my grammar is confusing :(
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Darox »

Pacman, the Deadline was August 26, 9:59

Thats just under two hours away. You are a bit late, to say the least.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”