New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2524, Lapsa wrote:
In post 2478, Lapsa wrote:
In post 2476, Titus wrote:Scum want me lynched, but they want town to do it.
name them. who are scum and how exactly they are pushing for your lynch?
I have already answered that specifically in my ISO as the events occurred.

You want more than that, answer my questions.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, first ISO: Sickofit (12 posts):
Disregarding the RVS vote; the
In post 75, Sickofit1138 wrote:Wow and we're already out of RVS.
doesn't serve any purpose IMHO, but still I wouldn't make much of it on it's own, but then..
In post 89, Sickofit1138 wrote:ummm town wouldnt type a post to stand out, that outs attention on them and away from hunting actual scum. ... so it sounds like you are insinuating that he is scum. i think it could be that you are scum pushing against an early mislynch.
IMHO this is quite the OPPOSITE of my own view. SCUM wouldn't type a post to stand out, bc SCUM are afraid of being in the spotlight. Town is never afraid of that, and is likely to do stupid stuff like that (especially so when they're not a significant PR).

Not just that, but he uses this faulty logic to throw dirt on a THIRD player altogether, and actually votes that third player (Mirhawk), saying it was MIRHAWK who was insinuating Transcent was scum (when -in fact- Mirthawk didn't decide on Transcend either way at this point).

Then this:
In post 149, Sickofit1138 wrote:TLeaning almost50. putting himself too far out there in a 1v1 to be scum
Now which is it? Do town NOT "post to stand out", or do they "put themselves out too far"?

Oh, I forgot MY which "may" explain the whole contradiction there. IF (conditional) Sick & Transcend were scum together then sick was indirectly defending his buddy subconsciously while looking for a reason to switch his vote off him. Either way Sick made the contradiction though not Transcend, so I'm more suspicious of him.

Next up:
In post 169, Sickofit1138 wrote:Actually Zachary feels like stupid town to me. He is drawing too much suspicion to himself to be scum I think
Now I don't care if he was defending me or a strong town read of mine. The whole thing just doesn't add up. I'm feeling he's doing this to get town cred, and -in this case- Transcend may actually be TOWN too. This is why I'm not too sure I would want to link Sick to Transcend.

His is non-committal at best, and his is confusing. He's not getting himself into the Zach vs Titus thing, but IS voting Dunn, who IS indirectly involved in the Zach vs Titus thing!!

is a weird phrasing:
In post 548, Sickofit1138 wrote:My bet? He's scum and looking for town cred when he gets lynched.
How do you look for "town cred" when you "get lynched"?? I presume he meant "so as NOT to get lynched" maybe?? But then, how does SICK know Titus alignment already?
In post 1287, Sickofit1138 wrote:Town: Titus, Zach, Shannon, Dunn, po, Agar
Scum: implosion, transcend, Lapsa, Wake
Wait. What?? I thought I was a town read of yours already! What happened during your holiday that put me back to null (obviously; since I'm on neither town nor scum lists).???

Then the replace out request (which -on it's own- is NAI, bc anyone who cannot keep up must've -at least- thought about it (yes, I did. But I never replaced out before, and I would hate to ruin the game for players and mod. I don't have RL issues that would FORCE me to replace out (such as a family catastrophe or internet connection dying on me ..) so I will finish what I started.)

Conclusion: Leaning scum, but won't be providing much info even if flipped.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Second ISO: AGar (14 posts):

Apart from wanting speed lynch Wake I cannot see one informative sentence in his opening 5 posts (and the first half of the sixth). Then he scum reads Titus for .. reasons.. fine. He is VLA until June 27th (which I believe has been and gone) and still he's not providing much of anything.

In his 8th post he provides more reasoning to scum reading Titus, and in the next one is talking to her about that previous game. he also scum reads Performer and indirectly defends both his own slot as well as Peregrine's (A D1 wagon on a lurker is useless as shit, as well, so let's not be silly.)

Post # is still big quotes with nothing actually added but hollow commenting, then he's prod-dodging in , then he decides to vote Vedith (whom he hasn't even said a word about before). Th funny thing is he pretends to be angry over the town "letting Titus off the hook" and he's voting one of the few who persistently pushed on Titus for the very reason AGar wants her lynched for.

His 13th & 14th are pretty much explaining why he hates Titus and thus is voting Vedith (or something!).

Conclusion: If this is town play we've lost the game already. A flip here "may" add plus points to Wake, Titus, Performer & Vedith. The latter in particular is town if AGar flips scum bc of the way he switched his vote to that wagon.

Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

^^ If Sickofit is lean scum to you it shouldn't matter the amount of " info " the flip provides -- a scumflip is a scumflip

So from your POV Agar > Sickofit in terms of scumminess?

Also don't be silly a lot of people's " town play " has already lost us this game in theory
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Third ISO: Airick (20 posts):

I didn't like the "new to closed setup games" card he played in his opening post. Nothing else stands out except his vote on Varsoon on which -to me- is strange considering he town reads all other 3 who fake claimed masons.

The main reason though I'm moving Airick slightly off the bottom of my list is he appears to be trying (i.e. engaging and having actual reads) and not giving "whole sale" read lists while admitting not to have read most of the game. His reads are logical according to what he admits to have read of the game.

Conclusion: I'd put him at null still and expect more from him before I decide which way to move him. After all, lynching him today tells me absolutely nothing just yet.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Zach:

I'm weighing my options by going through the shorter ISOs here. I do need info as much as I need to lynch scum, so if I'm scum reading two players to the same level I would rather lynch the one that gives me more info.

P.S. If you're stuck with my phrasing "If this is town play ..etc" it should be interpreted as "this is in no way town play in my view" meaning I do scum read AGar too.

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Vedith »

I'm up for voting Agar if needed. :giggle:
I'm also up for revealing my role for people to decide if they want me lynched or not, considering there is 5 days or so left. As this stage, my opinions still haven't changed on where I favor and I doubt my opinion on it will change so easily.
Due to that, if you actually think that I'm being anti town (regardless if you have other reasons or not to call me scum) with being so stubborn over the opinion, then it's a case of whatever.
Glad to see a second wagon actually forming though, otherwise it was just an obvious scum push.

Other than that, I don't really know what else to go with on this day from my side. I'm not going to individually comment on votes for me and there's no point in me wasting towns time in flip flopping if you can make a better choice on my details.
I claim scum \o/
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 2507, PeregrineV wrote:Mirhawk has no opinion on him, and calls him "newtown", when he's been here about a year and has dozens of games he posted in.
I mean in his demeanor, not the number of games he's played. S'fine if you don't see it though, as I said I don't have any particular problems with him if we're not choosing someone better.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Soft PR claim from Ved.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Rolefishing from Mir.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Dunn's openly advocating lynches without claims.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Next ISO: Shannon (27 posts):

Going straight to:
In post 144, shannon wrote:Record for completed games is two losses as town and a win as scum.
This quote subconsciously put he at my "disposable" players list already. (I know, and I'm fighting that back consciously).
In post 184, shannon wrote:If I was a mafia team with him I'd have replaced out by now
Again gets negative points by default. "If I was mafia I would have done so and so" always does in my book.

In She suggests Zach is not a great loss for town. I strongly disagree as he's being vocal (perhaps too vocal?) and I'm strongly town reading him. The "even if you're town" part is what gets to me. It's guys like Zach (if town-aligned) that will give us a chance to -at least- be competitive in this game.

does point to her being a newbie though, so I'm willing to give her more space to adapt before I jump on her.

In she says I "look really townie" on page 14, but in I'm a scum lean (!!). Now I don't mind being scum read (I get scum read more often than not anyway) but I'm wondering why one post of mine had more weigh in her read than an entire page, especially when the reason for her not liking that post is purely speculative.

After that point she gets more engaged 9compared to her earlier posts) and appears to be trying, and giving her the benefit of doubt I'm putting her at null until later.

Conclusion: Null until some flips lead to a connection or more of her posts lead me into either direction.

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 2533, Mirhawk wrote:Soft PR claim from Ved.
I'm not really one to soft claim, but that's for you to take it how you want. I'm just saying what I'll do if needed, and that's advise my role, if it's a PR or not, and let people decide instead of flipping back and fourth risking a late lynch where then people can easily worm out of looking bad on it.
I claim scum \o/
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2536, Almost50 wrote:It's guys like Zach (if town-aligned) that will give us a chance to -at least- be competitive in this game.
Spoiler:
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 2531, Vedith wrote:I'm up for voting Agar if needed. :giggle:
I'm also up for revealing my role for people to decide if they want me lynched or not, considering there is 5 days or so left. As this stage, my opinions still haven't changed on where I favor and I doubt my opinion on it will change so easily.
Due to that, if you actually think that I'm being anti town (regardless if you have other reasons or not to call me scum) with being so stubborn over the opinion, then it's a case of whatever.
Glad to see a second wagon actually forming though, otherwise it was just an obvious scum push.

Other than that, I don't really know what else to go with on this day from my side. I'm not going to individually comment on votes for me and there's no point in me wasting towns time in flip flopping if you can make a better choice on my details.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Mirhawk wrote:Soft PR claim from Ved.
NICE EYE THERE MAGNUM FUCKIN PI

In light of these developments my vote is switching:

VOTE: Performer

(Case inbound! If that fails I'll switch to Mirhawk)

Mirhawk wrote:Dunn's openly advocating lynches without claims.
the guy wasn't even at L-1 or L-2 or L-3 or L-4. i enjoy you shifting things to make them look the way you want them to, though.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm just going to stay in park.
I'm hungry.
Who wants to buy me a pizza?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Next up: GuyInFreezer (27 posts):

Mostly only posts VCs, and -judging by my experience- it's guys like him who always know exactly who's scum right from the start, yet won't share!! :P TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW OR GET LYNCHED FOR IT!! :lol:

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Fos: Almost50
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

I had a case typed up on Performer but I just wanted to ask Dunn...

So you weren't really masons... in that case, what is the real reason that you townread Titus since game start? You say you townread Lapsa to " mask " Titus so to speak, but now that you being masons is an admitted fakeclaim....
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

is that what you can't say? LOL I'll carry on then
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2544, Zachstralkita wrote:is that what you can't say? LOL I'll carry on then
No, I townread Titus from this game.

The masking part was a lie I was townreading Lapsa at the time, though that has changed
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Next ISO: PeregrineV (31 posts):

RVS
Irrelevant
naked vote on Soft
criticizing Titus vote on Wake on the basis that he hadn't posted yet.
Still arguing (I'm not taking a stance here)
Nothing
gets bad vibes from implosion
implicitly suspects me
losing track, got to page 9, yet the one thing he did comment on was Titus vote on Wake.
Later
Monday post
ISO'd me. Votes me. Doesn't even say state a reason.
wth
His reasoning to voting me is "lack of content in my posts" :lol: and "voting him for no given reason" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pulls a full read list out of his sleeve. When? Where? How? Nobody knows (at least, I don't.)
Yeah, I could call THAT content compared with everything before.
Not lynching Titus (i.e. the only player he actually criticized for their vote. If I didn't know better I would have assumed coaching at it's prime).
responding to a question with a question
reiterates same question (and dodges the original one which was: IS ZACH SCUMMY AS WELL? The answer to which is obviously NOT according to the read list, but answering that directly would have made the hunter become the hunted as HE would have to explain why!)
nothing
comes up with a BS case based on my early posts (and the problem is HE KNOWS that IS how I start certain games bc he has seen it before).
OK, I'll play your game. implosion is scummy for town reading Almost for no content. Right. Now go back and ISO YOURSELF up to that very point and quote what you would call CONTENT in YOUR OWN POSTS! Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.
humongous quotes with few words for commentary are generally made to make the poster look like they're posting lots to the naked/skimming eye. If you're not commenting on the whole thing, just edit out the unnecessary fill FGS.
Yeah, we got that.
real informative
words of wisdom that actually mean nothing, but sound like they do

Then 4 newer post that still do not change much.

Conclusion: Lurk bag at best. Scum hiding behind the look of a lurker at worst. Either way lynching him is the town's gain, but -unfortunately- nothing could be gained in terms of info and connections from it, so he can wait.

shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by shannon »

A50's assessment of me is fair. I have been of very little use this game, simply because I don't know how to engage with it. Not only the mason claims, but the sheer volume of posts (most of which seem to amount to 'I know you are but what am I?'), the hostility and complete lack of cooperation. It's not what I thought mafia was meant to be like. Again, podoboq hit the nail on the head with his commentary in Titus and why titus has been the most destructive for town.

if it gets toward EOD and there is no dominant wagon, I'd accept being voted off the island. It's not fair to make a replacement read all these pages, and I'm VT so while it's not the best option for town, ar least you won't accidentally hit a PR. If there's not a scum candidate we can all agree on, I volunteer as tribute.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2547, shannon wrote:I'm VT