Post by Skruffs »

Mod edit
Votecount:
Skruffs (1): Ether
Ether (1): Skruffs
Ryan (1): Erg0
Erg0 (1): Ryan
NabakovNabakov (1): Elmo

Not voting (4): Korlash, The Fonz, Bookitty, NabakovNabakov.

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch. At deadline, the one with the most votes is lynched. In case of a tie I will look at who reached the highest amount of votes first.

Hey ether, start with the post that that conversation originally started: Post 2211

I go through various scenarios, you attack me for not knowing for sure that Fonz was scum, and suggest that lynching the lovers and killing one scum for sure as compared to possibly mislynching was 'sacrificing a lynch'.

I reiterate and explain: at that point, I thought your aggravational play was some sort of genuine sincerity in your own self righteousness. However, looking back, I can see that you were dead set on a Sikario lynch and 'considering the options' could have meant you 'sacrificing' the second most important mislynch you needed in the game.

More insults. "Stop thinking and listen to me", is the gist of post 2217, whcih is ironic because in a later post on the same page, your tone changes.

I call you out on being heavy handed, and you try to turn what I was saying into makign it abuot confirming Fonz and BooKitty's roles: When in fact the point of my suggestions was about finding the best way to maximize the benefit and minimize the risk for our lynch that day.

I point out what would happen if we mislynch; and then ask why sikario is being pressured.

You pull a emotion card for losing Bookitty, make the death of fonz as nothing more than a confirmation of his role (rather than a reduction of hte number of scum in the game, which should be the priority, something that Bookitty even agreed with at that time)
and
Right after accusing me of thinking we would mislynch, you say that the benefit of mislynching yesterday was:
"At least we'd get the mislynch over with at a point that, y'know, wouldn't lose us the game."

However, you missed something altogether: If we had lynched the lovers yesterday, we would be 8/3 today instead of 9/4, we wouldn't have the scum with an advantage of having a partner that will quick hammer *with immunity* at every given chance, and we would have had, possibly, a different combination or players around today. So you can yell at me all you want for not seeing the 'benefits' of mislynching yesterday over lynching scum AND town yesterday all you want, I think it's jsut a cover for your own agenda, and I'm sticking with that.

Later on in the post you say that I am "resigned" to a Siklynch, which was just blatantly not true, and both tell me to do my homework AND to start voting. Less talk more action! (which ties in with the "Idiots" post before. 'Stop thinking, and do what I say, even though everything I say to do turns out wrong and I will wind up blaming YOU for it later!' would have been the APPROPRIATE 'truth-in-advertising' post to make at that time.)

I was initiating conversation about it, the reasons behind it, etc, trying to find out why it was happening so that I could defend or attack it. You tell me to figure it out for yourself and then cede that you didn't like Guadian's deadline behavior. You point out that Fonz defended him, and then basically say that ManaSpryte brought it on himself for not liking your vote on him: But with your intentionally arrogant, heavyhanded posting style in this game, which you yourself seem to realize, I don't believe that that is a valid reason: It's like saying that your wife must have wanted a black eye, or she wouldn't have burned the roast.

Most importantly, you suggest that Nab as scum is a reason to suspect SIkario. However, and I pointed this otu already, and elmo just reiterated it in his last post, IF one person being scum incriminates the second, you lynch the FIRST person first, NOT the second, which was your intentions. Even if you *were* town, and *honestly* believed that Nab and Sikario were scum, the way you are going about trying to determine it is Wrong and scummy.

Sikario AGREES with you, at that point, BooKitty pounces on this (Which is why I am skeptical of the benefit of ahving a confirmed townie around, esp if the townie is oppurtunistic or easily mislead. {no offense meant bookitty})

I, (quite calmly I think) point out that you are forcing assumptions onto me, especially regarding the sikario lynch. I asked again why he would be Best, and bring up the fonz/bookitty thing. (I know, I bring it up a lot, but that kind of thing really pings me)

ERg0 'takes ether's advice', dropping the 'lynch fonz' mindset and 'trying to think'.... he then turns his attention to Ryan (which I guess hasn't wavered yyet)

vacation talk,a nd then Ryan throws in endorsement of the sikario lynch.

After that, things start to calm down, but I think it's funny that Ether was telling me to 'form my own opinions', and I'm basically the only person who posted in those two pages who actually DID form any opinion that WASN'T following behind Ether.

Erg0, Ryan, Nabakov, even Sikario did, and he's the one she was attacking. BooKitty also had him high up on her list. THat's 6 players, out of 11, all against 1 player, who turned out to be a townie. And yet when I try to stop Ether's nearly cultlike following the next day from blindly lynching Nab the same way as she got Sikario lynched, *I* suddenly replace Nabakov as the day's target.

So you can see why I'm pretty dead set on you, Ether.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Elmo »

Ether: Skruffs ain't town, I just have a weird gut feeling about him, at the moment. I've actually hopped backwards and forwards about how to interpret it since I posted 2673, and I'm considering discarding it entirely. I can't figure out why he seems so stressed out, it doesn't really make sense for either alignment. Oh well.

Meh, I'm going back to EtherTown, SkruffsScum at the moment. Longer post to follow.

What's disturbing about my vote? I'm most sure of NabNab, although after his post (and a small reread) I'm probably okay with lynching Skruffs too.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:27 am

Post by ryan »

Elmo: Are you most sure about NabNab being town or scum? I'm confused by that last line in your post.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Elmo »

Scum.

I'm pretty sure NabNab is scum.
I'm pretty sure you're (ryan) town.
I'm now fairly sure Ether is either town or extremely good at faking it.
I'm wavered back and forth on Erg0. My annoyance at his lurking is due to the fact that if I could get a read on him that I was happy with, then it would make things a great deal easier. I think the way he gets wagoned is persuasive, but I'm unhappy with acting on that in LyLo.

Having said that, if I'm right about ryan and Ether being town, then even at random I've got 3/4 odds to be voting for scum. So I don't think it's all that bad.

Erg0, after I respond to Skruffs, I will try and respond to your case on ryan. I would impress upon you that if you're town, you need to actually be doing stuff, because you're liable to be the one left alive in 5p endgame if it goes the distance, and ryan is currently voting for you.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:07 am

Post by ryan »

Elmo: I do share your sentiments about NabNab (and actually tossed back and forth between him and Erg0 for who was going to get my vote) but I'm not a fan of how you worded that you'd be willing to dump that vote for Skruffs. It almost seems like you are searching for a bandwagon on somebody to be apart of, am I off base with this thinking?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:15 am

Post by Elmo »

Well, I really want to lynch NabNab today, but I don't think that's likely to happen. So I'm basically forced to hop onto one of the other wagons, at this point, if I want my vote to do anything at all. And I do think I've be quite clear in my view of who the scum for a while, it shouldn't be unusual that I'm willing to vote for Skruffs. (If you still have qualms, I suggest you reread only my posts using the dropdown at the bottom.)

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:22 am

Post by ryan »

No I didn't say you didn't have suspicion of Skruffs, it just seemed like you were pretty willing to vote hop around. I agree that I also want my vote to mean something and if I have to flip to NabNab, than so be it. Erg0 and NabNab are at the top of my scum list (as I've listed before) Let me ask you this though. Who would likely be partners with Erg0/NabNab??? (besides of course The Fonz)
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Elmo »

I believe NabNab is tied heavily to Zindaras/Korlash, which I explain in post 2470. So, I think they make very good partners. The ties between Skruffs and both NabNab and Korlash are weaker, but certain things like Skruffs echoing NabNab about Ether as the day started make me think there's a good chance of a connection there, and I'm recently feeling worse about Skruffs individually.

So my most probable threesome is NabNab - Korlash - Skruffs. I think that's always been my most probable threesome since about Christmas. I think NabNabScum quite strongly points to KorlashScum. The problem from there is that I think Skruffs is linked NabNab, but it's not as strong; both YogurtBandit and Erg0 have been very lurky for most of the game, so I think the link is less reliable than the others, which is why I wanted to lynch NabNab and then Korlash first. I do think Skruffs 2675 significantly influences my opinion that he's scum, though.

If Erg0 is scum.. I have difficulty seeing who his partners are likely to be. I mean, it's difficult to
rule out
people from being his partner, apart from it being unlikely Korlash is, but there's not really anything that makes me think "yeah, this is dead right" in the way that NabNab - Korlash - Skruffs does.

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Deadline in 24 hours!

At deadline, the one with the most votes is lynched. In case of a tie I will look at who reached the highest amount of votes first.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Elmo »

I should also say that I've decided I'm not going to lynch Erg0 today. So you may wish to move your vote if you're not going to be online for a while, unless someone else is going to vote Erg0.

Mod
: At precisely what time does the deadline fall? 00:01, 23:59, noon? (Timezone?)

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 am

Post by ryan »

Elmo: Could you see NabNab, Erg0, The Fonz and Skruffs?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Elmo »

Ooh, good question!

Hmm. Perhaps. I believe I considered this seriously a short while ago. Thinking about it, I would not be stunned if that were the case, actually. I have a question mark in my head about NabNab's linkage with Korlash.. it might be NabNabScum deliberately trying to link himself with a townie. On the other hand, Ether said she didn't see it, so perhaps it's simply that I'm WIFOMING the thing too much and it's for real. Um.

I suppose the only things precluding that are a) Fonz's behaviour towards Erg0's wagon and b) I've got a few scum vibes from Zindy, but then again Erg0 has been lurking. I think that's viable, actually. The common ones are NabNab and Skruffs, still, though, so I feel quite good about lynching either of them today.

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

@Elmo: deadline is in 24 hours from my previous post. I'll try to close the thread at the exact same minute. If my calculations are correct, deadline is at 5:42 PM GMT February 7 2008.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:12 am

Post by ryan »

Elmo wrote:I should also say that I've decided I'm not going to lynch Erg0 today. So you may wish to move your vote if you're not going to be online for a while, unless someone else is going to vote Erg0.

Mod
: At precisely what time does the deadline fall? 00:01, 23:59, noon? (Timezone?)
Well I do want to make sure my vote counts at deadline..........not sure if I'm ready to make the move to NabNab or not, I'll have to mull it over today
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

Elmo wrote: I can't figure out why he seems so stressed out, it doesn't really make sense for either alignment. Oh well.
I'm glad you are all fine and well. Apparently losing the game isn't as much of a concern to you as it is to me; I lose with one more mislynch, and you lose only if town lynches correctly three times.
Elmo wrote: Meh, I'm going back to EtherTown, SkruffsScum at the moment. Longer post to follow.
Somehow, I'm not surprised that you are still buddies with Ether. After a 'precursory' glance over her, you are back to being her stalwart defender.
Elmo wrote: What's disturbing about my vote? I'm most sure of NabNab, although after his post (and a small reread) I'm probably okay with lynching Skruffs too.
If it helps, you are helping convince me that you might be more likely a scum target than Ether. You are intentionally goading players; ther'es still aslim chance that Ether is just a crappy MScummer. You mention 'my post' three or four times in your posts today but do not bring up anything ABOUT the post except that it 'changed your mind', which, me and you both know, never actually changed at all. But at least you put up the show of 'considering the anglges', unlike ether, who is pushing for the "Iraq-91 connection' between nab and me. She established yesterday that "nab was scum, so let's lynch sikario', and now today, she's saying 'skruffs is in my way, so let's lynch him', and you are more than willing to agree with her. I pointed out your bandwagon agreement on nab earlier in the day, she got angry at me for noticing, i called her out, she shut up, you took over. She comes back for moral support, and you immediately fall in line bhind her agin, and this time it looks like you are pulling otoher people with you.

I was the first person to be at 1, which may have been Ether's planj all along: she saw that korlash wasn't punished for voting Elmo early on, so decided to try that gambit herself. With both elmo and ryan considering me, it seems, anad with only (it seems) bookitty thinkign I am town, it is very likely that scum will win with ether's single vote on me. Unfortunately I can n ot seem to convince anyone to put ether at 2, if only just to put her to the top of the list. I would be willing to vote elmo or Ether at this point.

Elmo's 'chill out, it's only a mislynch at lylo' comment is, i think, what did him in for me officially. With less than 24 hours, I'm really peeved that it's coming down to this. I've asked everyone's opinion, i've stirred up discussion, i've analyzed points, and ether is going to win by putting a vote on me and then, basically, leaving the game until the day before deadline.

If I'm really the only person who can see this, then maybe I *should* be lynched... town probably doesn't deserve to win in that case.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:29 am

Post by ryan »

Skruffs: To be accurate my vote choices are between NabNab and Erg0 at deadline (which I stated in 2681) Why are you so against NabNab or Erg0 being scum?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm willing to vote for NabNab or Ether. Not going to vote for Skruffs.

Actually, I will

vote: Ether

and hope I'm right.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

I am not saying Nab is not scum: My original issue was the growing anti-nab sentiment and his 'scumminess' being used to lynch a townie yesterday. He *could* be scum as well; I started off poking a finger into the anti-nab mass and wound up getting attacked for it. In fact, Ether wanting so bad to lynch nab but continuously voting other people DOES make it more likely nab is scum; however; I actually caught scum that i'm comfy lynchign with ether and now elmo. I still stand by the base that nab is more likely town being used by scum, though, in the end.

Erg0 could also be scum, though right now i see it as ether, elmo, fonz, and korlash, if i had to make a list. I feel he's been mimicking other players to an extent, but i'm kind of tied between him and you.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:49 am

Post by ryan »

I'll be interested in where Korlash and NabNab place their votes but for now I'm staying with Erg0
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Ether »

Skruffs: y'know those debates about whether teaching creationism in schools is a good idea? Painting a Fonzlynch as an open-minded attempt at original thought is kind of like that. By "get an opinion," I meant "vote someone."
(I don't want to get into a thick debate about this--there was
no
advantage to lynching Fonz. In the LyLo situation we'd have been in through either a townlynch or a Fonzlynch, it would be
harder
for four scum to organize a speedlynch than for three.)

Other stuff about my behavior toward Nabakov has to come after I get home. Beyond that, I have no idea what you're going on about.

Elmo: the deadline. There were five votes out on five different people. We needed a wagon. Preferably a good one. Badly.

Basically, the exact opposite of what Ryan was saying.

(Looking back, my earlier logic seems to have a problem--I said I'd have voted Nabakov if he'd had a vote on him already, in order to grab two-votes priority, when the placement of the vote on him was what scared me in the first place. So that was inaccurate.)

Also,
unvote; vote: NabakovNabakov

Also also--Bookitty,
why?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:25 am

Post by ryan »

Ether: Exact opposite of what was I saying?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Ether »

Post 2679, Ryan wrote:but I'm not a fan of how you worded that you'd be willing to dump that vote for Skruffs. It almost seems like you are searching for a bandwagon on somebody to be apart of, am I off base with this thinking?
Post 2694, Ether wrote:There were five votes out on five different people. We needed a wagon. Preferably a good one. Badly.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Elmo »

Ether: NabNab, being scum, is an excellent wagon. :P

Bookitty: What part of the utter tripe Skruffs posted convinced you to vote Ether?

I'm going to eat; afterwards, the sound of pgdn keys breaking will be present in this thread.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Skruffs »

Please make it quick: I will not be able to post for a while starting in about two hours.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Elmo »

Welp, you can have the first bit now, then.
Skruffs, 2211 wrote:If we are ever going to lynch the lovers before end game, we may as well do it now. At least that way we will have information.
Ether, 2212 wrote:Skruffs: do you seriously believe Fonz might be town and Bookitty scum? Do you
seriously
believe we'd be better off sacrificing a lynch--and that's what we'd be doing--on this off-chance?
Skruffs, 2675 wrote:you attack me for not knowing for sure that Fonz was scum, and suggest that lynching the lovers and killing one scum for sure as compared to possibly mislynching was 'sacrificing a lynch'.
It
is
sacrificing a lynch. If you lynch the lovers that day, we've got one lynch left before we lose. If we don't, we've got two before we lose. You explain this quite clearly in 2211, in fact. Essentially, we already know one is scum and one is town; the only persuasive reason to lynch them is if we're unsure which is which. I felt it was fairly obvious that Fonz was scum, on the reread; nonetheless she didn't attack you for "not knowing for sure" Fonz was scum. It is simply that
it was obviously not worth sacrificing a lynch to find out for sure
because it is already quite straightforward, which is what she actually said. To seriously advocate lynching the lovers, a precondition must be that the information gained from lynching the lovers is of greater value than the benefit of having two attempts at lynching correctly. I have great difficulty seriously believing that was ever the case. Ether is correct.

Skruffs, 2675 wrote:However, looking back, I can see that you were dead set on a Sikario lynch and 'considering the options' could have meant you 'sacrificing' the second most important mislynch you needed in the game.
Okay. Great. SHOW IT. You insist on repeating this without actually showing how you reach this conclusion. If you're actually town, then you want me to figure out that Ether is scum, and
it would be great to actually say why she is

Skruffs, 2675 wrote:More insults. "Stop thinking and listen to me", is the gist of post 2217, whcih is ironic because in a later post on the same page, your tone changes.
Ether, 2217 wrote:
Post 2215, Skruffs wrote:I'm not questioning which of them is scum, I am wondering which strategy yields the bestresults.
Post 2216, Ryan wrote:What more will we learn from a Sikario8 lynch than say a Fonz lynch?
We get an extra lynch out of it.
Idiots.
Skruffs, 2218 wrote:Ether, that's a little heavy handed.
Ether, 2219 wrote:I'm sorry; I was already in a bad mood.

But seriously, do you think confirming Fonz's and Bookitty's alignments is more critical than getting an extra lynch?
I believe that's commonly known as apologising. The only other post on that page is 2223:
Ether, 2223 wrote:See...your wording implies that you don't think we're going to be able to lynch scum at all. You're like those newbies who try to no-lynch under the rationale that we're statistically unlikely to lynch scum anyway. A mislynch is
still
better than lynching the lovers because:
{snipped}
I am becoming increasingly impatient and skeptical toward your failure to see this.

I'm baffled by Nabakov's and Skruffs's questions about lynching Sikario; it feels like you're resigned to a Siklynch, but you both fail to provide your own opinions or do your own damn homework. (I note that Nabakov has not answered my question. It was serious.) Can't we start treating this like a normal day and voting already?
I don't detect a change in tone, here. Even if I did, you will still need to show how it's scummy; I agree she was somewhat heavy-handed in 2217, but I can perfectly understand her getting frustrated if she's town and in a bad mood, that's just being human. I don't see anything scummy about that.

Skruffs, 2675 wrote:you try to turn what I was saying into makign it abuot confirming Fonz and BooKitty's roles
Skruffs, 2211 wrote:If we are ever going to lynch the lovers before end game, we may as well do it now. At least that way we will have information.
Do you not think the quoted section indicates that you wish to lynch the lovers for the purposes of confirming information about their roles? Seriously?

Skruffs, 2675 wrote:You pull a emotion card for losing Bookitty
Ether, 2223 wrote:
  • As an extension to this, Bookitty is like one of the few people in the game who's still pulling her weight and her death would be kinda depressing in and of itself.
Losing Bookitty is a big deal. If you believe Fonz is scum (which I did, and is not a difficult conclusion to come to) then Bookitty is confirmed innocent. Personally, I would jump at the chance to keep the lovers alive, at that point; Bookitty is not only a good player, but yes, I believe it's justified she was one of the few pulling their weight. (You can argue the toss here with the proviso that I will abandon all attempts at being diplomatic in answering you.)

Skruffs, 2675 wrote:
{You}
make the death of fonz as nothing more than a confirmation of his role (rather than a reduction of hte number of scum in the game, which should be the priority, something that Bookitty even agreed with at that time)
Ether, 2223 wrote:
  • It's kind of obvious who the loverscum is; it's not like we're
    really
    learning something new.
For starters, she's directly responding to your comment where you assert that lynching the lovers for information is a good thing. She does
not
state that reducing the number of scum in the game in unimportant. She
does
state that lynching the lovers does not yield a great deal of information for the town, which is both true (in my opinion) and in direct response to a statement you made. Saying that she makes the death of Fonz nothing more than a confirmation of his role implies that she asserts there is no other reason to kill Fonz other than to confirm his role.
She does not assert this

Also, perhaps this is arguable, but you appear to assert that the death of Fonz will reduce the number of scum in the game, indicating that you know or strongly believe Fonz is scum. This would contradict with advocating that we need to lynch the lovers for information purposes. I suppose this is open to interpretation, but it certainly doesn't make me feel better about you.

I cannot find where Bookitty is supposed to assert that reduction in the number of scum in the game should "be the priority". I seriously doubt that she would say that lynching the lovers should take priority over a plan that gives the town the best chances of winning; my impression was that she supported the plan of lynching a non-lover. (It would be good to have this clarified, Bookitty.)

Skruffs, 2675 wrote:and Right after accusing me of thinking we would mislynch, you say that the benefit of mislynching yesterday was:
"At least we'd get the mislynch over with at a point that, y'know, wouldn't lose us the game."
Skruffs, 2222 wrote:It depends on how sure we are of the 'extra lynch'. A mislynch today and we go to lylo, with the known scum being unlynchable until the end game. If we lynch right, we have the same options tomorrow as we have today, which is better than the alternative.

If we lynch the lovers today, we are in lylo tomorrow too, 8:3, but we also have confirmation of scum, and, if worse comes to worse, we can no lynch to reduce the risk of mislynching for a day.
Ether wrote:See...your wording implies that you don't think we're going to be able to lynch scum at all. You're like those newbies who try to no-lynch under the rationale that we're statistically unlikely to lynch scum anyway. A mislynch is
still
better than lynching the lovers because:
  • At least we'd get the mislynch over with at a point that, y'know,
    wouldn't
    lose us the game.
Skruffs, 2675 wrote:However, you missed something altogether: If we had lynched the lovers yesterday, we would be 8/3 today instead of 9/4, we wouldn't have the scum with an advantage of having a partner that will quick hammer *with immunity* at every given chance, and we would have had, possibly, a different combination or players around today. So you can yell at me all you want for not seeing the 'benefits' of mislynching yesterday over lynching scum AND town yesterday all you want, I think it's jsut a cover for your own agenda, and I'm sticking with that.
With respect to her comment about mislynching and the above quote, the logic is very simple.

From the players alive on day 4, pick the person most likely to be scum. That is, in retrospect (and there was not much argument against this) Sikario.
Plan a) is to lynch the lovers, then lynch the most scummy person. So we would have discovered Bookitty was town, Fonz was scum and then
we would have lost by lynching Sikario
. We also do not have the benefit of Bookitty around, as I said earlier.
Plan b) is not to lynch the lovers. We lynch Sikario, who was town, but because we didn't lynch the lovers, we
don't
lose and have another chance to lynch scum today.

Basically, if we have lynched a lover yesterday, we would have almost certainly lost today by lynching Sikario. So there is basically no grounds for criticising Ether for advocating not lynching the lovers yesterday, because it was the right thing to do.

If you want me to follow vote Ether, you need to show how "it's jsut a cover for
{her}
own agenda" and what it is instead of just saying things like that. I am not a fan of the negative propaganda feel, here; state your case properly or leave it out.

Skruffs, 2675 wrote:Later on in the post you say that I am "resigned" to a Siklynch, which was just blatantly not true, and both tell me to do my homework AND to start voting. Less talk more action! (which ties in with the "Idiots" post before. 'Stop thinking, and do what I say, even though everything I say to do turns out wrong and I will wind up blaming YOU for it later!' would have been the APPROPRIATE 'truth-in-advertising' post to make at that time.)
Ether, 2223 wrote:I'm baffled by Nabakov's and Skruffs's questions about lynching Sikario; it feels like you're resigned to a Siklynch, but you both fail to provide your own opinions or do your own damn homework. (I note that Nabakov has not answered my question. It was serious.) Can't we start treating this like a normal day and voting already?
I think it's reasonable to state that you haven't provided your own opinions on Sikario's lynch at that point. I don't entirely agree that you seem resigned to a Sikario lynch, but I can see what she means, I think. I do get the feeling that you're not going to argue against it, and are happy to push it through, although it's perhaps slightly biased perception because I'm already looking for it. I really think the "stop thinking and do what I say" points are tired out by now.

There is more, but I'll hit submit so you can start talkin'.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”