swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by swyellowtail »

Ah, something LESS creative. However, it requires memory of previous events. You just had to come up with the creative challenges... =/
The Swiftwolf Temple consists of 6 different dungeons: Luck, Cooperation, Risk, Strategy, Deceiving and Might. Click here to learn more about the temple and the dungeons.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by kdowns »

These Submit and then vote amongst the players in the game add a HUGE unfair advantage.

#deadposting
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Snakes »

Well, I assume that who submitted what won't be revealed, so no one will know who they are voting for.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 2702, Snakes wrote:Well, I assume that who submitted what won't be revealed, so no one will know who they are voting for.

Cute.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by kdowns »

In post 2703, Xalxe wrote:
In post 2702, Snakes wrote:Well, I assume that who submitted what won't be revealed, so no one will know who they are voting for.

Cute.

You do know that there is a thing Called AIM and you can just tell each other who's submission is whose.

#moredeadposting
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

You have no faith in the remaining players, who are some of the most honest people I know, and would rather win on their own merits.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Nicholas1024
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
Nicholas1024
The Ides of Mash
The Ides of Mash

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Nicholas1024 »

Not to mention, the previous challenge was breakable in the exact same way, and yet it didn't happen there.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

The previous challenge also had a rule blocking discussing who wrote what song (which should have applied to this as well although I didn't remember to put it here again) so it applies now.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Votes are due in 24 hours and again lack of vote counts as a -1 for your story.

Spoiler: Story 1
I did not start playing Mario games until very soon
I always start playing right at noon
I started with Mario Baseball
I chose it first because I like Baseball
Then I thought I should try more Mario games
When people talked about Mario, I didn't want to take the blame
I got Super Mario Brothers and went to try it
But when I ran into a goomba, I had a fit
Eventually, I worked hard and got better
But for the Mario Video Game hall of fame I won't get a letter

Spoiler: Story 2
Ah, yes, Mario games. I'm sure most, if not all, of the people remember playing Mario games when they were younger, beacuse I sure have. I still (vaguely) remember my first Mario game from the NES era. It was quite an interesting beginning for me. However, I didn't get to play a multitude of Mario games, which puts me a bit behind in the franchise as a whole.

In my early years, I remember playing Super Mario Bros 1-3 quite often. Each and everyone of them had different outcomes. In SMB1, I had quite a bit of trouble with getting very far in the game. In SMB2, I believe I did get to probably around World 3 or 4, but it still wasn't to completion. Super Mario Bros 3, on the other hand, was like a masterpiece to me.

Later on in life, I started getting into the N64 games. Yes, I never had a SNES, so I never played Super Mario RPG or Super Mario World. Anyway, my first game I remember playing was Mario Tennis, which was probably an interesting game as a whole. I also remember playing Mario Party 1, 2 and 3, especially 3, since I actually have that game. The minigames from those games were amazing and were quite fun to play back then, especially the button masher minigames. People always hated playing those against me (they still do today). One other game I remember playing was Mario Kart 64. There's not really much to say about this game, as I wasn't that great of a gamer back then.

During the Gamecube generation, I remember playing quite a few games. Super Mario Sunshine was probably the most unusual game I've seen in up until this point in my life, due to the fact that a lot of the game focuses around water and using it for platforming and puzzles. Then Mario Kart: Double Dash came along. This game, along with Mario Party 5, became my most favorite games of the generation for the Mario franchise. Then again, all three games I have listed were very innovative in their own ways.

The only two systems that I can't really say much about are the Wii and the GBA. I didn't get very many games for either of them. For the GBA, I had Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Mario Party Advanced. For the Wii, I only had Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros Wii. To be honest, the only games here that felt innovative are Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii. The others didn't really shine like they did in the Gamecube generation.

So, to wrap things up, I do have a bit of a Mario collection, excluding the NES games, since I sadly got rid of those, but I wouldn't exactly consider myself a pure Mario person. I've played some games from the NES. Sadly, I never had a SNES. But, I did play some new and interesting games on the N64. From there, I had quite a bit of fun with the Gamecube games. After that, however, I didn't have much entertainment from the GBA and Wii.

Spoiler: Story 3
Every so often after school on a weekday afternoon, I would leave with a sense of excitement greater than what almost anything could achieve nowadays. The house of my best friend at the time was indeed nearly exotic to my seven year-old self, with its differently coloured furniture and a design so unlike that of the one I grew up in. What excited me most, however, were the games he owned that I would never have played otherwise. In particular, I would be secretly hoping that he’d take out his GameBoy and show me his new Pokemon. It didn’t matter if I just watched (though I was ecstatic every time he let me have a turn!). I was content just sitting there marvelling at the new and exciting creatures to be found, the extensive area to be explored.

Naturally, I decided that I needed a Pokemon game of my own. My need felt so great that if I had stumbled upon a genie at the time, I would have asked for one instantly. At some point my parents must have decided to give in to my newfound obsession, as on my next birthday I uncovered what was unmistakably the thing I wanted, and felt an intense happiness that is slightly embarrassing to me now. It is with fondness that I remember the days of my younger brother and I sitting side by side, hunched over the tiny screen, arguing about which Pokemon were the coolest, which move should be made in challenging battles that could have us either groaning with disappointment or whooping with delight after an especially satisfying success.
It was not only Pokemon games that my brother and I played together though. There was a Spyro game where we would take turns, each of us being able to complete certain stages that the other couldn’t. In car racing games, even though his habit of recklessly speeding, crashing into walls and other cars, contrasted greatly with my more careful braking and steering, we were quite evenly matched and would often spend lazy weekend days just racing each other. Over and over.

Unfortunately, as we grew older, our interests also grew apart. He would spend hours on first-person shooters, while I would be much more interested in role-playing or strategy games. Despite the occasional attempt at playing together, the game in question would either be too boring for one of us, or one would just dominate the other. None of these activities lasted long.
This is how things continued, except for a brief period just a couple of years before now. One of my brother’s friends happened to give him a Mario Party game during our summer break, and joined by our sister, we decided to try it out. Despite our agreement on the heavy influence of luck and the almost childish nature of the game, we enjoyed the undeniably fun mini-games, waited together in suspense for the roll of a dice that could have been the difference between winning and losing. It reminded me of times when we were younger, when it didn’t matter how ‘good’ a game was, when just any game would be exciting enough for us both to play. At summer’s end, however, we each got distracted by other things and I’m sure the game has since then lay unused in a cupboard’s corner.

Now, I will occasionally get my hands on a controller, plod over to a console to turn it on, push the buttons as I go through a game that is universally considered a standout. While doing so though, I can’t help comparing it to simpler, more enjoyable times.

Spoiler: Story 4
So you're asking me to write some fanciful thing about my Mario game experiences eh? Well alright, then.
I think the first Mario game I ever played was Super Mario World on the SuperNES. This and Link to the Past were the first two SuperNES games we owned growing up. So they got a lot of game play. And let me tell you, while i loved SMW, nothing frustrated me more. See I have this problem in all video games, PC or not: I can't jump. I end up falling and dying 9/10 of the times I die. I don't know what the hell it is, but I fail so badly when I have to jump. And it's not even that I'll dye the same way when I jump in Mario, oh no, that would make sense. No, I can have made a jump twenty thousand times before, but somehow on that twenty thousand and first time I'll fall and die. But with my amazing skills of falling death, I learned many secrets and such and still have them memorized. And even though I've played a bunch of the other Mario's(Sorry NES and SuperNES ones are my favourites hands down) Super Mario World is by far my favourite. Lots of fun memories attached to that game. And that is my little memoir thingie you asked for. Enjoy!
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Result vote wise is story 4 wins. Story 4 belongs to xofelf so she has immunity. 24 hours like usual to vote for the second to last elimination vote.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Who wrote the other stories?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I did.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

1. Snakes, 2. swyellowtail, 3. DV
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Klick »

Snakes' poem was amazing. :P
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Snakes »

In post 2713, Klick wrote:Snakes' poem was amazing. :P

*bows*
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2708, Mehdi2277 wrote:I started with Mario Baseball
I chose it first because I like Baseball

GENIUS! :P

By the way, congrats on making it this far. :)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Okay that's enough deadchat.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by xofelf »

I loved the poem tooo. Also, I'm quite proud of myself because I could tell who each person's was.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Xalxe »

Just missing one vote.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Xalxe »

Tribal Council 20

We'll now bring in the jury: The Ultimator, D3f3nd3r, kdowns, Nicholas1024, and TheBadOne, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

First vote:

Second vote:

Third vote:

Two votes DeasVail, one vote swyellowtail. One vote left.

Fourth vote:

We have a tie.

Here's how this will work. We'll have a revote. DeasVail and swyellowtail will not vote, as they will just cancel each other out. If the tie is not resolved by the revote, a tiebreaker challenge will take place between DeasVail and swyellowtail.

Snakes, xofelf, you have 24 hours to PM me your votes.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Xalxe »

Having nothing to do with any of that, The Ultimator has unreplaced Klick on the jury.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:25 am

Post by swyellowtail »

...I was expecting this.

Snakes, you're becoming a bit too predictable. (Unless that's somehow xof putting the vote on me)
The Swiftwolf Temple consists of 6 different dungeons: Luck, Cooperation, Risk, Strategy, Deceiving and Might. Click here to learn more about the temple and the dungeons.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Tribal Council 20, Part 2

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

First vote:

Second vote:

That leaves us tied. Again.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Tiebreaker Challenge

Complete this puzzle. Screenshot your time and submit it to me. The player with the slowest time will be eliminated. You have 24 hours.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 am

Post by swyellowtail »

Just an FYI, Xalxe, three TCs ago you put TC #19, but after that you put TC #19 again, meaning that this TC is #20.

Kinda interesting, especially since we're on TC #21, not #20. (I even PM'd you saying TC 21, not 20)

Return to “Social Game Archive”