Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Ythan »

You can get indignant when you play to your win condition, ie follow the site rules.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Leech »

Thatguy wrote:I thought Leech was scummy because things he said seemed to suggest that everyone is twisting your words around.
I said one person misrepped me. That's not everyone.
Thatguy wrote:It's fucking page 11, what would you like?
A level-headed player that doesn't freak out and go on a tangent every time you're simply questioned? That sounds like something I'd like.
Thatguy wrote: I'm just saying I'm apparently not experienced enough for day one in a mini game. Vote me out. End of day one.
Or, you could actually try to play this game and not screw over everyone else in it? Let's face it, if you're town what you're doing is hurting every other town player in the game. If you're scum, you're fucking your team by begging to be lynched. If you want out that bad, why don't you seek replacement instead of screwing over whatever side you're actually playing for?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Ythan »

Here are the options. He's town who's unhappy with the game and is trying to throw it off. I saw this once in a newbie game where a VT claimed doc, forcing the real doc to CC. Not the same claim, but if throwing a wrench into the game is the aim it's one possibility.

He's scum and honestly wants out.

In either of these cases he has repercussions coming his way.

Or, he's scum taking a dive for other scum.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:10 am

Post by Fate »

Why are people giving up D1 in all of my games? Why do people sign up to play mafia if they don't like it, aren't good at it, or don't feel like trying?

RAAAAAAAAGEEEEEE
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Ythan »

D1 is just as fun as any other day PLUS everyone gets to play.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ythan, cool it.
green shirt thursdays
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Ythan »

I apologize, I thought that was pretty standard. I didn't intend to ruffle any feathers.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by ooba »

Back. Just read through the last few pages - have to re-read the Ythan-Sando interchange again ..

However,
Unvote. Vote: thatguy00
. Your play is quite similar to Prof. Guppy in my first game here. I would like a claim ..
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Ythan »

Explain your suspicions more than just providing a name and a link. Also, claims are for keeping a town PR from the noose. Asking for one now serves no purpose for a town player.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Fate »

Unvote: Thatguy

Vote: Ooba

"Here's a reason for me to be on the lynch, claim please."

Anti-town.

I'm willing to let Thatguy get to "D2" where "his play picks up."
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by ooba »

Simple. It's far too easy for new players to play the "I'm inexperienced." card. While I do not consider the reply that "I explained that I can't define a gut feeling" to be scummy, his refusal to answer other questions behind that guise is scummy. (Refer example below which has nothing to do with gut feels)
Ythan wrote:
thatguy00 wrote:Ythan, it seems he also got lynched on day one of the game he did it as scum. I guess I don't need to tell you that, since you were there. But I found that somewhat interesting.
What is the meaning of this? You were obviously trying to do something by posting this. Oh, but you answer with this.
thatguy00 wrote:Interesting in the way that it was coincidental... Konowa wants to lynch him day one for posting that survey.
Konowa wants to lynch him. The day is regardless. Your previous post is still suspiciously out of the blue.
Left alone, this is a distraction to the town. I am in favor of a claim because
a) If it is believable, we can assume that he is a frustrated\inexperienced townie and use the lynch on another player
b) If not, we lynch him
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Ythan »

Thatguy, why is D2 easier for you?

Everyone other that thatguy, thoughts on this?
thatguy00 wrote:You're right, I'm total scum.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Fate »

Defeatist attitude. Leaning on null-tell for it.

I called for my own lynch at MyLo in another game of mine (Mafia in Sienna in my wiki), because:

1. I didn't know it was MyLo, underestimated # of scum left.
2. I was a vanilla and knew that my lynch wouldn't lose us a PR, so I wanted to end day quicker to limit scum gaining info on who the PRs were.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

If that's the case he should tell us or he really won't be playing to his wincon.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Leech »

@Ythan: To me it looked more like sarcasm mixed with frustration.
Ooba wrote:Left alone, this is a distraction to the town. I am in favor of a claim because
a) If it is believable, we can assume that he is a frustrated\inexperienced townie and use the lynch on another player
b) If not, we lynch him
I'm not in favor of a claim due to the fact that it really doesn't benefit us in any way. I'll use your own reasons why.

a) If he's a PR he'll most likely get night-killed. If he's not, it's narrowing down the PR pool for the scum.

b) Depending on what he claims will determine the actions of the scum in this game. If he claims PR, the scum will probably either say it's not believable and push a lynch, or claim to believe it to kill him off in the night.

He's not L-1 so I do not support a claim. Claiming right now would only benefit the scum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Ythan »

Like I said, a claim is not to aid in anyone's investigations but to keep a PR from being lynched.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ythan wrote:Everyone other that thatguy, thoughts on this?
It reads to as a frustrated response from someone unprepared for the scrutiny that can be involved in a Mafia game. Null-tell in my eyes.

@thatguy – If you are still bothering to read the thread what about Day 2 (other than perhaps knowing a few dead player’s affiliation) turns you into someone who can make a solid contribution from your self-described ‘shitty Day 1 player’?

As for Ythan’s post to me at 252 I’ll respond to the points that are actual questions and not editorial comments –
Ythan wrote:
MoI wrote: Do you believe that bouncing around your vote with at best superficial reasoning is anything other than Anti-town / scummuy
How are you going to explain that it is anti-town or scummy?
Firstly for someone who expects everyone to answer your questions you sure don’t practice what you preach. I don’t think a player bouncing around their vote on a consistent basis is at best anti-town. It is what you did? You’ve already contradicted yourself regarding whether your behavior was RVS voting or ‘strong attacking’. I’d ask you to respond again to my question – Do you believe that voting with no support isn’t anti-town / scummy, in light of the fact that you stated it was not random voting?
Ythan wrote:I find that contributions like this tend to be active lurking and a common way to build a case as scum.
Your activity reads as promoting a fluffy back and forth regarding myself instead of scum-hunting.
Both opinions with which I disagree. If you don’t like my style of play feel free to say so but don’t pretend your style is the only logical way to play the game and every other way is inherently scummy.
Ythan wrote:I can't see a pro-town reason to make this up.
It’s the way your play reads to me. Which, based on the statements you made that I just quoted is a perfectly acceptable way to attack someone. You don’t answer questions when asked. Reference 112 to116 for a perfect example of your behavior in this regard.

@havingfitz and danakillsu – You both have had sufficient time to review the thread. Please give us your thoughts.

@horrordude – What happened to your comments?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Ythan »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Firstly for someone who expects everyone to answer your questions you sure don’t practice what you preach.
Except that wasn't about me being asked questions at all so that goes beyond meaningless to straight disconnected.
I don’t think a player bouncing around their vote on a consistent basis is at best anti-town.
Except not a consistent basis. Don't worry, further observation on your part will clear that misconception right up.
You’ve already contradicted yourself regarding whether your behavior was RVS voting or ‘strong attacking’.
Please do use context when you respond, such as indicators that this never happened. If you feel that you have any evidence to the contrary, that would have been a great place to include it.
I’d ask you to respond again to my question – Do you believe that voting with no support isn’t anti-town / scummy, in light of the fact that you stated it was not random voting?
I did answer your question. Take a level in comprehension to see that I said it's fine, or one in context reading to catch it on your own next time without having to ask.
Both opinions with which I disagree. If you don’t like my style of play feel free to say so but don’t pretend your style is the only logical way to play the game and every other way is inherently scummy.
Take criticism better, especially if you're going to play in a way that's likely to draw it.
It’s the way your play reads to me.
How short a time it took for disagreeing with playstyle to become acceptable.
Which, based on the statements you made that I just quoted is a perfectly acceptable way to attack someone. You don’t answer questions when asked. Reference 112 to116 for a perfect example of your behavior in this regard.
I did answer those actually. I even pointed out to you afterward that you are simply a poor reader.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by danakillsu »

/confirm
Sorry for taking so long, guys. Can't post until Monday the 8th, but I'll play then if you still want me. (Just so you know, I couldn't help any of this at all)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Ythan »

Why did you replace into this game. I think it's time to replace out if you can't do anything for eleven days.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ythan wrote: Except not a consistent basis. Don't worry, further observation on your part will clear that misconception right up. I did anwwer your question. Take a level in comprehension to see that I said it's fine, or one in context reading to catch it on your own next time without having to ask.
Take criticism better, especially if you're going to play in a way that's likely to draw it.
I did answer those actually. I even pointed out to you afterward that you are simply a poor reader.
One day when you grow up you'll learn that relying on insults as the main thrust of your arguments isn't effective. You seem to suffer under the delusion that you are in some sort of position of authority to be respected and not questioned. This too shall pass.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Ythan »

Considering that all you can do is reprimand me for my discourtesy I guess you're done pretending anything you said before has any merit?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Sando »

Ok, so we've gotten out of that that Thatguy (hehe, I just wanted to write 'that' 3 times in a row) is prob-scum. It's not indignation that he's showing that we would do this to him, as I'd expect he'd express as townie. The 3 people he basically says have out-played him, Horror, Fate and Ythan he doesn't think are scum, I would expect a townie who thinks they've been unfairly targetted to react with fairly strong attacks on those attacking him. It doesn't look like newbie-town, I've seen newbie-town in this situation, I was in a similar situation in my first game, this isn't it.

Ooba, clear active-lurking now. The vote on me at least had original reasoning. The vote on Thatguy is simply following the flow, providing no reasoning until pushed, and is his 3rd post for the entire day.

Ythan's rundown posts, pretty clear indication of style over substance, they provide very little of substance on actual scumminess, and in some cases are clear misrepresentations. Ythan is looking more and more like scum attempting very hard to look town.

Leech is still up there. The vote on Ythan and subsequent backpeddling look incredibly scummy. The speed with which he fell back on WIFOM for being town makes it look quite contrived, and the excuse that it'd generate discussion is anti-town unless Leech is himself scum.

Would lynch any of these 4, vote stays on Thatguy.

The request for a claim... I personally think that he's pretty much definitely not a PR. Upset newbie townie I could see, but newbie PR in this role tends to be even more indignant, with 'you'll be sorry' types of posts, we've all seen them.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

Happy scumday Sando. And where are you getting prob-scum on thatguy, especially as a consensus? As for my "style over substance" and "misrepresentations", if you can't even point a single thing out when you make that claim just save your pointless fluff accusations for a newbie game where they might actually do something.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”