carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:42 pm

Post by carrion pigeons »

I acknowledge that I'm not confirmed, however, I'm not nearly such a good target as you, given that your confirmation would provide certain confirmation of two other townies, and that your behavior would be highly explainable as mafia.

Given a choice between Nicole and mneme, I'd choose mneme, simply because he's paying less attention to the game than Nicole is, plus there's a small amount of flavor evidence due to his post-restriction-claim against him.

Vote mneme
. This might actually get us somewhere.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:56 pm

Post by TBuG »

I'd vote mneme, but I'd like to express caution.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:24 pm

It may just be me, but I'm noticing an awfully large number of potential kills in this game. We have a mafia, a ninja, armlx every other night, and potentially more. Assuming armlx uses his kill tonight (which he should announce), we have at least 4 kills this day/night. Do we feel comfortable killing off people just because they have no evidence in their favor? If the ninja-lady is pro-town, which I think she is, we may very well just be able to outrace the mafia. (One of us dies from a mafia kill, 3 of mneme, IS, Warp, EYNH, and Nicole die from townie kills, tomorrow, one of us dies (down to 2 supposedly confirmed people), and town gets 2 more kills (no armlx), leaving the confirmed's as the only players left.) Town wins at the beginning of day four at the latest.

That's assuming a few things, but it might be something we can look into, if we can get a little more info.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:13 pm

Post by armlx »

I'ld honestly want to kill IS tonight, but I want everyone's opinion on it first. I think that despite his normal play style he has been overly aggresive this game. Of course, I may be biased due to his D1 crusade against me.

CP's plan sounds good to me, though I would want to edit the list of possible kills slightly.

As for a lynch, Mneme sounds good to me. I'll just wait for everyone to pitch in any info before we proceed.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:08 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Hey Armix, youre not TOTALLY off the the hook you know.

But I like lynching Nicole a little more now.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:40 am

Post by TBuG »

I like the idea of lynching mneme and armlx killing IS, just because I don't really see IS being very helpful.

Vote: Mneme
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:27 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

carrion pigeons wrote:It may just be me, but I'm noticing an awfully large number of potential kills in this game. We have a mafia, a ninja, armlx every other night, and potentially more. Assuming armlx uses his kill tonight (which he should announce), we have at least 4 kills this day/night. Do we feel comfortable killing off people just because they have no evidence in their favor? If the ninja-lady is pro-town, which I think she is, we may very well just be able to outrace the mafia. (One of us dies from a mafia kill, 3 of mneme, IS, Warp, EYNH, and Nicole die from townie kills, tomorrow, one of us dies (down to 2 supposedly confirmed people), and town gets 2 more kills (no armlx), leaving the confirmed's as the only players left.) Town wins at the beginning of day four at the latest.

That's assuming a few things, but it might be something we can look into, if we can get a little more info.
Whoa whoa WHOA. What would convince you that the crazy ninja chick is pro-town? She seems more like an SK to me, why would a vig have killed Drummer last night? If YOU were the crazy ninja chick, I could understand that comment a bit more, but you're not, because the crazy ninja chick wouldn't have a post restriction making them act like an english teacher.
FOS: CP
. You're making far too many assumptions.

Also:
PBuG, in post 276 wrote:I'd vote mneme, but I'd like to express caution.
PBuG, in post 280 wrote:I like the idea of lynching mneme and armlx killing IS, just because I don't really see IS being very helpful.

Vote: Mneme
What the hell? First "expressing caution", then jumping on the bandwagon with only three posts in between?
FOS: PBuG
. We haven't even heard from mneme all day, and he's two votes away from a lynch.

Mod:
can we get a prod on
mneme
?
prinny, dood
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:49 am

Post by TBuG »

Well, I think that mneme and IS are the most suspicious right now, and if the ninja is scum, we're still looking at three kills (mafia, sk, and armlx). I thought that cp made a good point aside from his assumption that the ninja is pro-town. If we don't take care of some scum soon, we're screwed.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:25 am

Post by armlx »

Ok, I'll vig IS if a majority of the non-IS people agree with it. So far

Pro: PBuG, Armlx

Against: No one.

As for the ninja being pro-town.... I doubt it. I have a strange feeling about CP being the ninja though, wasn't he the one Drummer tried to go after D1?
carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:57 pm

First of all, I support armlx's idea to use his lynch, and IS is as good a target as any. We've reached the endgame awfully fast, due to the number of kills, and I think we need to try to race the mafia, because by tomorrow, we're going to have very few people with any trust factor at all, and it won't be easy to win once that's the case.

Second of all, about the ninja, I think she's pro-town because she killed someone who looked far scummier than anyone else at that point. (Admittedly that's just my opinion, but since all I'm doing is basing my opinion on my other opinion, I think I'm justified.)

I'm a little confused why armlx would think I'm the ninja, especially if he thinks she's anti-town. My role does not support it, my posting restriction makes no sense with it, and I didn't claim it (why wouldn't I when I was so sure that he was scum, and nothing has proven otherwise?). I fail to understand why an anti-town would want to kill off someone who's already having to defend against his own scummy behavior? They'd prefer to save him for a daykill then waste a nightkill on him. It makes much more sense that a vig thought my opinion was justified and decided to act on it.

That said, I am a limited vig, and I can probably prove that the ninja-girl kill was not me when the mod gives the description of the night's kills, if that's what the town wants. I referenced in my last post that there might be more kills because I knew there could be, but I wasn't sure if it was in the town's interest. The flavor of my role is that I'm a perfectionist copy-editor, and I bug people to death with my corrections, so I can only target people who make plenty of errors.

I also get extras when everyone has perfect grammar for a whole day, which basically make it impossible for the mafia to win, which was why Puzzle was trying to get everyone to be grammatically correct. But since that never happens, it'll never happen.

There's my roleclaim, since I think the town should know what they have at their disposal right now; if anyone feels my ability can be of use to the town, their input would be appreciated.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:01 pm

The only one I trust is CP.

Im still telling you Nicole is the lurker from the scum faction. But keep listenng to Pbug, he sounds like a misguided townie to me.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:19 pm

Well, we've managed to go a whole day without anyone saying a word. What's going on? I actually thought we had more than enough to talk about.

Anyways, IS, it looks like we might have as many as 5 kills tonight, and it makes sense to me to leave warp alive so he can investigate PBug, so we'll almost certainly get Nicole. The game is ending awfully fast, so we'll see if she's scum or not pretty soon, assume people ACTUALLY START POSTING!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:56 am

Its easy to see that the next choice is to lynch Nicole. But its a little too hard to ask for common sense.
Show

Nicole
Nicole
Townie
Nicole
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:10 am

Post by Nicole »

IS, what logic did you use to arrive at the conclusion that I am the next choice?

BTW, I agree with you that 'common sense' ain't so common anymore.
Nicole

*Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!*
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:42 am

Post by TBuG »

I didn't want to give part of my role yet, but I guess I have to or I'll be lynched tomorrow.

I send notes to people. I sent last night's note to Drummer, with an investigation of, ironically, LoudmouthLee. But I am very unpopular in Murphyville, so investigative roles view me as scum, because they want to find any excuse they can to kill me. It's mandatory that I send a note to someone.
carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:26 am

!!!

You're telling us that you have a role that is disturbingly similar to armlx's, except that it is totally, completely, 100% impossible for anyone to ever have reason to trust you? It doesn't make sense to have a role that shows up false to investigations in a game where investigations are the only proof of roles we can get.

Mafia like to put the town into catch 22's a lot more than the typical mod does.
Vote PBug

Anyway, this throws serious kinks into the plan, since it can't be assumed that anyone is confirmed anymore. PBug could be lying about having received the note (I doubt this, but it's a possibility), or he could be lying about his result, or there's a small chance he could be telling the truth, (although he still makes the best lynch for the day, since he's the only person guaranteed not to be confirmable as a townie).

I need to think about this some more. This game is never easy.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:48 pm

mwahahahaha Nevermind Nicole. Pbug just saved your ass.

Unvote: Nicole
Vote: Pbug
Show

warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:30 am

Post by warpdragon »

IS doing an evil laugh is scary.

I don't think the mod is that sadistic or stupid to put a miller type role in the game.
Vote PBuG
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:08 am

Post by TBuG »

o.o; Didn't expect that. I just thought I should say something before I turn up as scum during the night, and then I'd be lynched for sure. Here's part of the description:
Elizabeth Smith – Unpopular Writer

Elizabeth was born in the city of Compton, as the only student of European ancestry at her school she became very disconnected from her peers at a young age. Being a very troubled child Elizabeth found her frustration to be at ease while she was writing.
The Disconnection ultimately caused her to seek out solitude, a place where she could do her writing and not have to deal with hate and disrespect. This didn't work, though; she had a hard time fitting in and quickly became an outcast.
Shortly after moving to Murphyville a string of murders began to occur, startled by this information Elizabeth tried to return home, as she knew that because of her unpopularity, she would be a prime suspect.
Before she could finish packing the police arrived at her door informing her that she was a suspect in the murders and would not be allowed to leave until the investigation was complete.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:15 am

Wait a minute. PART of the description? So, you left stuff out? Like, the stuff that makes you seem like a scum (see: Crola)?

Vote: PBuG
. If you're not going to give us all of it, at least don't admit it.
prinny, dood
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:06 pm

Post by armlx »

Meh, guess we found scum

Vote Pbug

I'll kill Nicole tonight? Or IS? Or no one?
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:12 pm

Upon re-reading, I don't believe I ever unvoted from mneme.

Unvote mneme
. My vote on PBuG from post 294 stands.

But still...
mod: prod mneme?

Perhaps we need a prod on our mod as well....
prinny, dood
carrion pigeons
carrion pigeons
Goon
carrion pigeons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:46 pm

How about if we have you target Nicole, and Dranko can protect her, or something? That way, we can verify if Dranko is still really what he claims, if Nicole survives, rather than PBug's scumbuddy. Unless Dranko can self-protect, which would allow us to target him directly and save us some time. Dranko? If you can, you should say so now.

As for my kill, and the ninja's, if she's pro-town (and still alive), I think we should hold off. After PBug and the mafia kill are done, there'll be 7 players left, with three of them (armlx, Dranko, and whoever warp investigates) decently confirmed, or else there'll be 6 players left, one of whom we know is scum (Dranko). If there are seven players left, then there can be 4 kills possible that day/night, w/ Dranko protecting those we feel are confirmed. Odds are, two of the remaining players will be players we're confident in, and we can lynch the survivor. If there are 6 players, we kill Dranko and learn warp's investigation result, have the mafia kill, and then we have armlx's investigation that night, so we're left with at fewest, two confirmed townies among 4 players. If both end up as mafia, we lose then, but otherwise (as is more likely), we can vote off one unconfirmed and find a way to win that night (vig/roleblocker/doc/etc.). I think this offers our best chance, so I'm not going to use my ability tonight.

We just need to make sure nobody does anything dumb.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:19 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

No prod needed, sending a prod to mneme now.

Also in counting I see that PBuG has 5 votes upon him. Which is a lynch.

Note that I never made mention of needing to unvote before voting again, so EnterYourNameHere's vote on PBuG is good.

In an astonishing turn of events PBuG was able to not only steal the show to score an astonishing 5 points, but he was also able to end the day in record time (record time for you guys at least)
As his body hang from a tree one of you gets the great idea to run the name PBuG through that ohh so wonderful Google search engine. Your results turn up...

Elizabeth Smith – Jittery Writer

Elizabeth was born in the city of Compton, as the only student of European ancestry at her school she became very disconnected from her peers at a young age. Being a very angry child Elizabeth found her frustration to be at ease while she was writing.
The Disconnection ultimately caused her to seek out solitude, a place where she could do her writing and not have to deal with the annoyance of people.
Shortly after moving to Murphyville a string of murders began to occur, startled by this information Elizabeth tried to return home to Compton where it’s “safe.”
Before she could finish packing the police arrived at her door informing her that she was a suspect in the murders and would not be allowed to leave until the investigation was complete.

Day will reopen in roughly 4 days, as 3 didn't seem to be enough time for people last time.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

The Morning comes and the town arises with nothing unusual having occured. This of course means that people are dead.

What happened exactly, well I can't tell you that, but I will give you a little hint into the transpirings of the night.

The shadow of darkness fell over the town as everyone returned to their homes in the hopes of someday leaving this place. Dranko walked into his living room to find that he'd been beat there. The familiar shadow of a female figure could be made out sitting in his living room.
"I'd ask you what you're doing here but I already know that."
"Really?" The woman spoke as she stood up, the glint of moonlight could be seen reflecting off her sword. "How do you know that."
"I know everything about you, I know why you came to this place, I know who's been killing the townsfolk. I knew that you'd be here when I arrived."
"If you knew that then why did you come here?"
"Where else am I supposed to go? It was either come here and die, or continue living this nightmare. I just hope the town is smart enough to catch you. I hope they make you burn. Noob!"
"I think I'm doing the town a favor Dranko, nobody seems to like you anyway. Everything you say is so offensive, so derogatory. I would think myself the monster if you weren't such an ass."
As she raised her blade to end his life, Dranko had but one thing he could say to her, "You're Gay!"
As always, once the job was done, she slipped away silently, unheard, unseen, and unnoticed.

That's right, Dranko, your doctor is dead. Or is he your doctor. Can't tell you for sure. But here's what you found out about him when you searched Dranko20 on Google:

“Shug” – Nice Guy/Psychic

“Shug” grew up in Michigan during the time of the Regan Administration. A tough life as it was growing up lead him to have to fend for himself as a child. At an early age he discovered that he possessed a rare gift to read people’s minds. Unfortunately the gift came with a curse, as he could read peoples minds he was unable to tell anybody what he discovered. When he heard about the Murphyville murders he realized that he needed to go to discover the mystery behind the bloodshed.

Elsewhere in the town we had a similar situation occur. carrion pidgeons sat in his home drinking coffee. "If I never sleep they can never catch me off guard. I'll kill the first son of a ***** that walks in here!"
With a dull butter knife in his hand and nobody in particular that he was talking to he was making far too much noise himself to be able to hear the intruder enter his house through his bedroom window. Nor was he able to resist when a thin but very strong piano wire was slipped around his neck and squeezed until his coffee got cold.

Another google search shows carrion pidgeons true identity to be:

Neill Herbert – Perfectionist Copy Editor

Neill works as a copy editor for a well known San Francisco newspaper. After suffering the harassment of his Editor-in-chief he becomes a very anal and perfectionist editor, oftentimes being mean to his fellow staff and becoming disliked by those around him.

After being fired for slapping a reporter Neill decided to move to Murphyville, a small town in a small state where nobody would be able to bother him.

Upon taking up a job as a copy editor for “The Murphyville View” Neill began to fall back into his old routine of being mean, unreasonable, and all around not a nice person.

Very soon after being fired from “The Murphyville View,” Neill decides that it is time for him to go. Being sick of these illiterate farmers already he begins to pack his bags. Before he can even finish the police arrive at his door. They inform him of the lockdown taking place and that he is not to leave until the issue has been resolved.

Seeing that he has no place else to go he agrees to remain in town until the lockdown has ended.

There are now six players remaining, and the fate of Murphyville rests in your hands. With four votes we have a lynch. Good Luck.
"This game has been brought to you by Google."
I miss Puzzle.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”