[Game Over] Newbie 1784 - Escape Room

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

yeah ik but BV is being a meanie ;~;
GTKAS
| here.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1062, WhyMafia wrote:
Town = Nancy, BlackVoid

Town Lean = Nobody :/

Unsure = Stealthy, Chronicle

Scum Lean = Loopdan, SrceenPlay, Tes

Scum = Drixx
In post 1159, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1151, TesXX wrote:{Chronicle} I still need to read more through this one's iso, I'll make an updated version of this list when I do.
{Loop} null I guess, I've been having trouble trying to get a read on him. I will include any opinions I've changed in the update. Somebody may have asked this but @Loop how come you wanted a Pine lynch in ?
{Srceen} nullscum. I dislike the change if thought process from to .
{StealthyNoodle} also nullscum. I'm not completely done looking through his slot, I haven't liked some of his cases against nancy and I don't like how he tried to pull the same thing as WhyMafia did in
{WhyMafia} scumlean. I'm not a fan of the "I'm fine with getting lynched therefore I am town" thing that he pulled and I disagree with his reasoning of why scum wouldn't do it. Unsure of why he had a switch in attitude toward Chronicle, unless I missed something.
{Drixx} also scumlean. Yeah, I looked back at Pine's wallpost(I may take another look at it eventually) and his wallpost did seem like he was actually
trying
to townread nancy, possibly because she'd be the easiest to not have to put effort into making fake reads for(since he could probably pull the meta crap). There's also what BV said in about a possible Drixx + WM team which I agree with if WM were to flip red.
btw
is this the best you can do?
It seems like you put hardly any effort into those reads. Literally everything you said is parroting what other's have said. I fail to see how thinking of these reasons were hard, considering everyone already posted these reasonings. VOTE: TesXX
You voted me over your top scumread for something you did yourself. You've said before that if you were to say anything it would just be parroting other people's reads, so you know that there are situations where people don't have anything to say that hasn't been said by other people. I don't see why it's so scummy to not have any new ideas in readlists, even if the person accusing me
hasn't
parroted things others said.
In post 2216, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 2129, StealthyNoodle wrote:@WhyMafia, I think my townreads on you are pretty fine, but you've been doing a lot of shady stuff as well.
In post 1659, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 1637, BlackVoid wrote:What's notable here is when he was accused of defending Pine, he jumps to say that he was defended another slot as well.
I like this observation as well. Here's some further investigation.

Deerstalker OnActually, I did take note of post 176 (which is his only defense of Cog, as mentioned in 463). And something was off about it: I remember being a bit annoyed because he pretty much spewed out the same non-sense as Chronicle:
In post 178, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 173, Chronicle wrote: Your vote is
wasted on a slot
that hasn't even
logged in since the game started
, and you voting him will not pop him an email telling him to check in on this game and post his thoughts.

And when he does finally catch up, he will post his thoughts accordingly. Your one vote doesn't do anything. It will not spur any sort of reaction, it does not give him any sort of incentive to pay more attention to this game, because he is not ignoring this game. Because he hasn't even logged in yet.

Your vote does not do anything. His inactivity thus far is not alignment indicative.
It doesn't seem like you're reading my posts at all. So let me rephrase:
If bjc0303 is lurking, he sees this. If there's more pressure and he's still lurking, there'll probably be a response as well. To explain further:
He doesn't have to be online to lurk.
I don't get why you keep pushing such an invalid argument.
In post 176, WhyMafia wrote:Why are we debating his alignment when he's not even lurking - he hasn't
logged on since the game started
. This is
wasting time to find scum
, unless we're using this to gauge reactions.

But idk I'm bad at mafia
And that goes for you as well.
I've included WhyMafia's whole post 176 in this quote. Had to alter it in order to get my point across.

This was his
only defense
of bjc(the one Cog replaced), and it's pretty much Chron's words, rearranged.
Care to explain why your post is so similar to Chronicle's?
Because I agree with it. It's a fact. He didn't log on ..
What's more to be said?

In post 2433, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 2425, TesXX wrote:
In post 2422, TesXX wrote:
In post 2216, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 2129, StealthyNoodle wrote:@WhyMafia, I think my townreads on you are pretty fine, but you've been doing a lot of shady stuff as well.
In post 1659, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 1637, BlackVoid wrote:What's notable here is when he was accused of defending Pine, he jumps to say that he was defended another slot as well.
I like this observation as well. Here's some further investigation.

Deerstalker OnActually, I did take note of post 176 (which is his only defense of Cog, as mentioned in 463). And something was off about it: I remember being a bit annoyed because he pretty much spewed out the same non-sense as Chronicle:
In post 178, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 173, Chronicle wrote: Your vote is
wasted on a slot
that hasn't even
logged in since the game started
, and you voting him will not pop him an email telling him to check in on this game and post his thoughts.

And when he does finally catch up, he will post his thoughts accordingly. Your one vote doesn't do anything. It will not spur any sort of reaction, it does not give him any sort of incentive to pay more attention to this game, because he is not ignoring this game. Because he hasn't even logged in yet.

Your vote does not do anything. His inactivity thus far is not alignment indicative.
It doesn't seem like you're reading my posts at all. So let me rephrase:
If bjc0303 is lurking, he sees this. If there's more pressure and he's still lurking, there'll probably be a response as well. To explain further:
He doesn't have to be online to lurk.
I don't get why you keep pushing such an invalid argument.
In post 176, WhyMafia wrote:Why are we debating his alignment when he's not even lurking - he hasn't
logged on since the game started
. This is
wasting time to find scum
, unless we're using this to gauge reactions.

But idk I'm bad at mafia
And that goes for you as well.
I've included WhyMafia's whole post 176 in this quote. Had to alter it in order to get my point across.

This was his
only defense
of bjc(the one Cog replaced), and it's pretty much Chron's words, rearranged.
Care to explain why your post is so similar to Chronicle's?
Because I agree with it. It's a fact. He didn't log on ..
What's more to be said?
But you voted me for stating opinions that had already been said.
In post 1159, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 1151, TesXX wrote:{Chronicle} I still need to read more through this one's iso, I'll make an updated version of this list when I do.
{Loop} null I guess, I've been having trouble trying to get a read on him. I will include any opinions I've changed in the update. Somebody may have asked this but @Loop how come you wanted a Pine lynch in ?
{Srceen} nullscum. I dislike the change if thought process from to .
{StealthyNoodle} also nullscum. I'm not completely done looking through his slot, I haven't liked some of his cases against nancy and I don't like how he tried to pull the same thing as WhyMafia did in
{WhyMafia} scumlean. I'm not a fan of the "I'm fine with getting lynched therefore I am town" thing that he pulled and I disagree with his reasoning of why scum wouldn't do it. Unsure of why he had a switch in attitude toward Chronicle, unless I missed something.
{Drixx} also scumlean. Yeah, I looked back at Pine's wallpost(I may take another look at it eventually) and his wallpost did seem like he was actually
trying
to townread nancy, possibly because she'd be the easiest to not have to put effort into making fake reads for(since he could probably pull the meta crap). There's also what BV said in about a possible Drixx + WM team which I agree with if WM were to flip red.
btw
is this the best you can do?
It seems like you put hardly any effort into those reads. Literally everything you said is parroting what other's have said. I fail to see how thinking of these reasons were hard, considering everyone already posted these reasonings. VOTE: TesXX
@WM do you have any explanation for this contradiction?
Because that was one post while 99% of your reads were parroted
It was still a hypocritical vote. And just because you only parroted in one post doesn't make it reasonable to choose me as a vote over your strongest sr.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by TesXX »

Going to bed now.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2825, Alisae wrote:yeah ik but BV is being a meanie ;~;
Well as you said so aptly, if the town can't work together well end up losing, even with this Aden!

We all need to come together to figure it out!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2825, Alisae wrote:yeah ik but BV is being a meanie ;~;
He's just scumhunting bae.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by nancy »

I feel like 1062 is a good example of why WhyMafia is Town because he's clearly feeling like he should have someone in his townleans and yet doesn't even though there's no reason at all why he couldn't have Chronicle for instance in his townleans, like if he were scum inventing reads that readslist doesn't really make sense.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2716, nancy wrote:Ari what are your thoughts on Noodle?
Will Is there soon :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Iso*
Fucking Iso
Iso Iso Iso!

Maybe my phone will finally pick up on this!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2746, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 2745, StealthyNoodle wrote:I still have 3 or 4 pages left to read, but I gotta say. The fact that some of you are so easily persuaded by nancy's shit-reads saddens me.
Not a single one of you went back to look into her reason for voting me, and check whether she was right or wrong.
@Alisae You're just appearing more and more scummy from licking nancy's boots. Just like Chronicle did at one point.

I'll respond to your post about me later BlackVoid. For now, thanks for actually acknowledging my wallpost-read(your pretty much the only one who did); I truly appreciate it.
Also, regarding whether I played before: No - This is my first game except for playing in Meat World.
Edit*
Niiiice Ad Hom man!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Y U do dis?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2774, nancy wrote:
In post 2757, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 2756, StealthyNoodle wrote:It's the exact opposite? He's been acting like this several times now. "Lynch me, I don't care". If he was town, he'd likely realize we're not in autowin, and not "give up" that easily.
Thanks for kind words though, WhyMafia.
We're fairly close to it. Plus I kinda lost motivation for this game, I made way too many mistakes and Idk how to rectify them at this point in the game.
Lol you claiming scum dude?
Doesnt read as a scumclaim to me, just demotivated. It happens to all alignments at times.
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2835, Aristophanes wrote:Doesnt read as a scumclaim to me, just demotivated. It happens to all alignments at times.
Yea I was kidding around.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

But was Screenplay?
In post 2761, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 2757, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 2756, StealthyNoodle wrote:It's the exact opposite? He's been acting like this several times now. "Lynch me, I don't care". If he was town, he'd likely realize we're not in autowin, and not "give up" that easily.
Thanks for kind words though, WhyMafia.
We're fairly close to it. Plus I kinda lost motivation for this game, I made way too many mistakes and Idk how to rectify them at this point in the game.
Scum claim
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by nancy »

Nah but he's Srceenplay.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2786, TesXX wrote:
In post 2628, nancy wrote: If Ari continues to lurk like a scum!Ari then I would be willing to lynch there. Otherwise I cannot see a town!Noodle world.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71318
You wouldn't know this, but it can be in certain cases. Myself for instance!
As scum, I find it very hard to scumhunt and make genuine looking content. So as town, I ask questions, interact, and basically do shit actively!
As scum, I tend to lurk very hard and get caught for it a lot. I do this as town when I get busy, but the difference is active lurking (as scum) vs not reading/not having time (as town). It's tough to discern those two, so it's not a perfect system for reading me, but activity can, in fact, be AI if the player's meta says so!

And yes, I'm acknowledging my own meta, which is something many players see as negating that meta (because once aware of it, one can manipulate it). However, I have struggled to do so many, many times in the past, making it reliable despite my acknowledgment of it!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2838, nancy wrote:Nah but he's Srceenplay.
lol truee
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2787, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 2779, BlackVoid wrote:Just wanted to ask why you were being so antagonistic towards nancy. That doesn't seem much better than Alisae randomly going off on me. I'm reading you as town and would like that read to be right so I can narrow things down but I'm slightly weirded out that you agreed with pretty much everything I said and lashed out at nancy. That's in addition to agreeing with my push on WhyMafia at the beginning of D2.
Alisae is "randomly" going off on you, because she believe's she's right and you're wrong. You could probably explain to her why you think she's wrong, and she'd accept it if she sees your point.

narcy
on the other hand, is right about everything, and everyone but her is wrong. She's not interested in discussing, she's not interested in being proven wrong, she's not interested in teaching(yet she obliviously claims so).
She does love to make wild assumptions, sick exaggerations, with little to absolutely no backing. I'd seriously love to make a list for you at some point.
After experiencing this on close hold for a long time now, let it be said that it's annoying and exhausting like I can't tell you.

YOU
on the other hand, make stone-cold observations, elaborate on genuinely believable scum-thinking,
and
you consider people to be innocent as well as guilty. Maybe I give you extra cred because you're conf!town, but my devotion to your research is certainly not just buddying. More like a sigh of relief.

No one supported me when I stepped up against nancy (Well, there was Chronicle, papa bless), and after spending hours wasted(starting around 644, ending at beautiful 744), I had little motivation to ever engage with her again.
If someone else is about to experience that same seemingly effortless situation, I won't stand idly by.

Seeing nancy going all "disgust" over your investigation(like she does to everyone that doesn't approve of her ways) is one of those kinda situations.

pedit: @TesXX Probably true, and no I won't.
Ad Hom the Doctor some more why don't you!
This isn't helping you in any way, and I am very tempted to call you the final acum for trying to discredit
nancy
like this!
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by nancy »

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2788, nancy wrote:Activity is not a scum tell in a vacuum, no. When a player's scum meta involves lurking, it is a scum tell.
You just said this so much better than I did!!
In post 2789, nancy wrote:I'd feel really horrible if Ari replaced into a scumslot :////
Don't You worry friend, I didn't :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2792, nancy wrote:
In post 2791, TesXX wrote:
In post 2788, nancy wrote:Activity is not a scum tell in a vacuum, no. When a player's scum meta involves lurking, it is a scum tell.
I ate a banana once when I played as serial killer.
I'm eating a banana right now.
This confirms me as serial killer.
In Ari's case this would be:
Ari always eats bananas when he is a serial killer and only when he is a serial killer - or just extremely, extremely hungry.
Ari is eating a banana right now.
Therefore he is either extremely, extremely hungry right now (exceptional case) or he is a serial killer.
This analogy is bananas!
And actually might be my favourite one ever! :lol:
In post 2794, StealthyNoodle wrote:
In post 2671, BlackVoid wrote:I'd like to know if Noodle actually pre-wrote that post and why. Did he mention this anywhere?
Yep, and I had no intention of hiding it. I actually had several versions ready, depending on the outcome (though they were pretty similar). I also had an alarm set, so I could be the first one out.
I was certain Drixx was about to turn town (considering his post-hammer posts), and thought I had a way of proving nancy (2nd in my lynchpool after Drixx) guilty or innocent. The theory wasn't really of that much use though, considering Drixx turned scum and no one ever counterclaimed.
This bugs me more than it should...
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2844, Aristophanes wrote:This bugs me more than it should...
Say more?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay, like, keep in mind that I haven't gone back and read the post yet.

A few things but me here. First, the prepared post idea. This is something that benefits sum more than to. It's clearly meant to push his agenda and to make his push the prominent one of the day. This isn't a town mindset, but a sum one. Secondly, the idea of having multiple versions of it depending on the results is like, WTF!? I can't see any reason to do this. You should have ideas, yes. Thoughts for how things change depending on flips. Fluid reads that are based in the games progression. But present ideas of what to say depending what happens? No. Third, the fact that he didn't adjust things once Drixx flipped sum (at least according to 2794) and that he wanted to push you regardless (once again, or so it seems), is ugly and should never happen in a town mindset!

That's why I dislike it.
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2846, Aristophanes wrote:It's clearly meant to push his agenda and to make his push the prominent one of the day.
Poor guy just didn't foresee me hardclaiming Hufflepuff :shifty:
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2847, nancy wrote:
In post 2846, Aristophanes wrote:It's clearly meant to push his agenda and to make his push the prominent one of the day.
Poor guy just didn't foresee me hardclaiming Hufflepuff :shifty:
Pottermore tells me I'm a Ravenclaw! :)

But yeah, he didn't see it coming. What if you hadn't been a PR though? He's have manufactured a push on you because he felt like it?
No es bueno!
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by nancy »

Pues claro que sí y estoy de acuerdo con todo lo que has dicho hombre.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”