LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 2871, Ranmaru wrote:I want everyone in town (especially those town reading Quick) to look at #2725, and then explain how Quick is progressing the town win condition over the scum win condition.
Oh, please. :dead:

you made you answer about why I am Scum, not having hardly anything to do with answering what I was actually saying. Anyone can cherry pick posts like this from my game and say "look, Scum" but you fail to recognise all the posts I pretty much never make as Scum.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2868, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2858, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2851, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay but my point was you can't make the same analysis for all teams. Gambler's Fallacy just sounded like the right term.
You're making the same generalization like you did about your point with bussing. Are you saying that there's something different to that analysis when it comes to me? If so, please elaborate. If not, this doesn't mean anything.
What bussing generalization?
Also the point is that each team makes their own decisions. I need to see each one's and analyze those.
These two posts, my response to which I don't believe you've answered:

Spoiler:
In post 2708, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2659, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 2656, Ranmaru wrote:This is white flag.
That doesn't all the sudden mean Scum don't bus.
In post 2709, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2665, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2661, LicketyQuickety wrote:Incorrect question. You should be asking instead, why wouldn't Scum bus Marquis?
  • It puts them at one lynch away from an instant loss, a significantly disadvantaged position that they don't need to put themselves in.
  • If marquis is scum, there are other town lynches would be equally as easy to push as the marquis wagon (and wouldn't be on a scumbuddy).
  • Nobody gains significant towncred from a scum marquis flip given that he's barely around to provide any interactions and the number of people willing to scumread him.
Plenty scumread him, but it can be read into what is done with that read

Sure, each team makes their own decisions, but do you have something specific to say about how a general trend would be violated in my case specifically?

Pedit – Gamma is still town.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 2866, Ranmaru wrote:Here, is where as town, you'd admit you were wrong, and re-evaluate. Yet you stick to your guns and can't seem to write anything because you know he is right. He defended himself well. You still being confident on CES doesn't make sense alongside that.
NSG: What is your response to this?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm

In post 2874, Ranmaru wrote:Gamma is not dumb, he's making good points. (That I in fact would not have thought of) Gamma's town.
Quit putting yourself on a fucking pedestal... I haven't seen you catch any Scum yet.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

you're acting like just because i deleted my response that it's something that utterly proves me wrong. it's not. i don't flip my readslist upside down based on one post.

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Better question: Do you think CES was right (or wrong) in his #2534? Do you agree with what he is saying or disagree?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

I disagree with what he's saying.

things fall apart
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:14 pm

In post 251, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 239, Thestatusquo wrote:Here, I'll help you out:

If your claim is that he "wolfy jumped in the thread" and made a vote based off of wanting to "push a wagon" you'd think maybe he'd have chosen actually a wagon, instead of just randomly throwing a vote at the wind in a place where no one else was.

More to the point, I find it deeply unsettling that you think this is the most important thing to go off of at this point. We have 10 whole pages bruh.

VOTE: gamma emerald
I thought others voted before him, huh
UNVOTE:
In post 253, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 240, Thestatusquo wrote:Also I'm not wild about the fact that your first instinct was to attack me instead of trying to figure out what I meant. As town when someone says something to me that on face doesn't make sense my first reaction is generally to try to clarify, not to fos them.
I thought you were trying to br obtuse, now I see you were right I'm no longer FOSing you
In post 256, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 254, Thestatusquo wrote:Ok but why are you voting dunn? Your vote for him is nonsense and there's a lot of scum motivation to park on the lurker who is literally doing nothing, and then make a big show about it as if you had some hyper special read on him and you didn't understand why others didn't. What do you think about the literal anything else thats happened in this game? Why do you think that dunn is the best vote when there is so much going on? Why were you unaware that it wasn't a wagon vote when you've placed your entire sorting efforts in this game into figuring out what happened in that one random early vote?
Okaaaay you're blowing this way out of proportion and I don't like it. I literally unvoted the second I realized my mistake. And the reason I thought there was a wagon there was I remembered votes on someone Llalmarble suspected, and knew some people were suspecting Marquis, so I thought the votes were on her. I get that there is some scumminess to what I did, but I didn't just votepark, I actually thought I had a point. And I've asked other questions and made other reads, so what I'm seeing here is you boiling down my content to one misguided push. Given that and the fact Something_Smart is telling me not to trust you, I feel comfortable with this.
VOTE: TheStatusQuo
This is one of the weirdest progressions I have ever seen..

IDK why Shea doesn't press Gamma on that mistake Gamma made more than this and instead later ends up TRing Gamma based on his which I personally found severely lacking, and I don't get this rapid turn around from Gamma on Shea...

Someone said Gamma's 180 on Shea is Townie, I completely disagree. It makes me think there is a very real change of there being at least one Scum in Shea/Gamma. This is due to Shea's turnabout read on Gamma based on 395. It just doesn't seem like Gamma deserves to be let off the hook that easily.

People (pretty much everyone) are saying Gamma is Town here. Since I think there is one Scum in Shea/Gamma I'm going back to this:

VOTE: TSQ

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 2881, northsidegal wrote:I disagree with what he's saying.
Why? Elaborate.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:15 pm

*chance, not change.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 2870, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 2866, Ranmaru wrote:Here, is where as town, you'd admit you were wrong, and re-evaluate. Yet you stick to your guns and can't seem to write anything because you know he is right. He defended himself well. You still being confident on CES doesn't make sense alongside that.
This is actually a good solid point.

You make a lot of noise, but sometime you really make sense.
Then how does that affect your read on NSG? Would you vote her?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

In post 2885, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 2870, LicketyQuickety wrote:
This is actually a good solid point.

You make a lot of noise, but sometime you really make sense.
Then how does that affect your read on NSG? Would you vote her?
I am voting back on shea for reasons mentioned.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I don't remember asking about you voting Shea.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm

That's nice.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

So, how does that affect your read on NSG, since you say I make a solid point and am making sense.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm

You should feel privileged that I gave you an answer of any kind. It doesn't matter how I answer because you are not going to factor my answers to you into your analysis anyways.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

NSG: Still waiting on that reply.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:36 pm

In post 413, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 411, Thestatusquo wrote:Happy to VOTE: tchill.

I'm pretty happy with gammas contributions especially 395 since our tiff. I still want him to find a good vote because I get the impression that he doesn't actually think I am one, but he seems way more engaged in trying to find one than he was before.
I don't really have any strong suspicions from current events, but I can at least
UNVOTE:
While I review the game.
Like... WTAF is this shit?

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Quick continues to distract.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

This video is for Quick, NSG, and Action Dan.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Marquis »

Tomorrow
link in bio
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:12 pm

The "No Doubt" post.
In post 480, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 477, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 476, LicketyQuickety wrote:And I know why people are Scum reading me. I think Lycan hit on this point and so did Postie a bit.

It's because people are interpreting my play as "mechanical" and for some reason they thing this means I am Scum. Instead, I would say I am trying to play in a logical way with a big picture outlook on the game. That means I am not going to get into specifics of relating what Player X did at point A and compare that to what Player Y did at Point B. I have never played that way so if people expect me to play that way, I am sorry to say that they will be disappointed. How I play is looking at posts in isolation and seeing if they are internally logical insofar of what I know to be logical comparing this to what I think is the correct way to play. I sometimes compare a post they made somewhat recently to what they are saying, but I am not going to remember something that someone said on page 5 at this point. I will, however, ISO players occasionally and I will usually do this if someone asks me to.
I don't think your summary up there is even remotely responsive to why I am scum reading you. I don't give a damn if you play mechanically or not. I laid out in detail why I think you're scummy, and its mainly because I don't actually see you doing the thing you say you're doing here. I see you starting conversations and interactions with people and then trying to gauge town reactions to those things and disengaging with the pokes as soon as its clear people aren't going to start voting the person. Like, I have no doubt you would have voted me after our exchange if a couple of other people had.
You have NO DOUBT. Is what you are saying... Do you see why this is a problem? Town ALWAYS has an element of doubt. So either you are Scum, or you are trying to read me making assumptions about my play that you have not idea about. Also, you are basically assuming that I should OMGUS you in that spot. Also, what you describe as me "dropping" a point of interest is perfectly in line with my Town play. I have talked about this before, but I am not good at Town because I actually have any ability to solve the game, but rather that I take perspectives that don't often occur which produces content that would otherwise not be in the game. So what you are assuming here is that I would follow up to make a conclusion about what I had pushed earlier, but that is not really the way I play. I just keep taking different angles on things all game long without really looking at what the results of what I am pressing is later in the game. I even highlighted this basic concept when I said I wasn't someone who was going to look at what Player X does at point A and compare that to what Player Y does at point B.

In short, your Scum read on me is based on an assumption about how I play and how I approach the game, which you do not provide the evidence for that I do operate this way.
In post 476, LicketyQuickety wrote:Do you think the methods others are using on you are ineffective or disingenuous? These are different claims, and I think one might be true, but also I don't think its the one you're claiming.
I don't see how I could have any way to answer this without knowing the alignments of the people who are coming at it from the angles they are. There is motivation for both to be true, so I can't definitively say that it's one or the other. For one person it could be that they are ineffective in trying to sort me and another person might be disingenuous. Since I think it's pretty much equally possible for both given I am someone who people generally do not understand too well in a setting like this, which would mean people's methods to sort me are not a good litmus test to tell if I am Town or Scum because they are trying to measure the wrong things, it makes things extremely complicated and I generally don't like to go neck deep in details to deduce who is telling the truth and who is not. I prefer to work intuitively and this is in large part why I am so hard for people to understand at times.
In post 476, LicketyQuickety wrote:I think this game has become too lopsided. Lots of people voting a single lurker for being a lurker (Marquis) with most people on the wagon having little demonstrated reason for being there. Then you have most of the active players who are fighting amongst themselves mostly and a lot of people who have very little content who are getting by with not doing a whole lot of anything. The state of the game isn't a good one for Town currently - especially considering that a lot of people have expressed that they are Scum read me, whom I consider myself to generally be a Town leader when I am Town. I cannot yet tell who or how many Scum players are going to try and actively push my lynch, but there will most certainly be Scum on my lynch if it happens, so look at those on my wagon upon my lynch.
Homie you were literally voting for that lurker ONE PAGE AGO. With NO EXPLANATION YOURSELF. Literal naked vote. Then you jumped on another wagon without demonstrating or explaining any sort of scum read there. WHY are you voting TChill? WHY did you vote marquis? People aren't scum reading you because you're mechanical, they're scum reading you because you don't seem to care who is lynched and because you're not telling us what your reads are and not explaining them. In the absence of information, what the hell else am I supposed to think?
In post 476, LicketyQuickety wrote:I thought I provided a fine conclusion for voting Marquis. I'd say I gave more reason for being there than anyone else even. I did give a naked vote, but I then later gave a pretty detailed explanation why I thought it was a good idea to push Marquis. I'm willing to go back there if Marquis doesn't end up doing anything but right now I want to press Chill because I have found his reasoning lacking for the reads he has.

And I think you are projecting an awful lot here. Lycan explicitly stated that he thought I was playing mechanical and that was the basis for his SR on me. Postie has also said similar things stating that Postie expected more from me insofar as I am not as forceful or chaotic that RC expects me to play. Llama really has yet to state a reason for why I am Scum, so you are just assuming you know the reason that Llama is SRing me. Who does that leave? Marquis? Marquis is not much more than an OMGUS. She still has yet to address what I asked them to do to get involved in the game. Who else does that leave? IDEK who else is Scum reading me, but a lot of people are strongly TRing me as well. So what do you make of those players? Are they all my Teammates trying to cover for my ass? What's your theory for why People are so polarized on me?
What shea is implying here is that I would have voted him if more people would have... Why? Why does he think this? Regardless of me pressing this "no doubt" point, he never really gives an answer for why he thinks I am someone who (under unknown conditions) would have voted him if more people would have. Where does this come from? He's had plenty of chances to talk about why he thinks this, but he never says why he thinks this... It just ends up being completely baseless! Like, as TOWN do I jump on the BW? As SCUM do I jump on the BW? As EITHER ALIGNMENT do I jump on the BW? If it's the case that as either alignment I would vote shea if there was a wagon on him, I am really clueless what this says at all about the game... Like, what does pointing this out actually add to the game? It makes it seem like he already knows I am Town here considering the narrative that he is expecting me to do X when I don't do X.. What function does this serve? What Town motivation is there for saying this? I suppose one could say he is simply saying "Wow, you surprised me with what you did here!" But then that just feeds back into why is he expecting me to do X in the first place? I mean, this is what it sounds like to me "Quick, you totally would have voted me if I had a BW on me because I was Scum in a previous game" I mean that is basically what he is saying, right? If that's the case, why does he just completely dismiss the rest of the conversation unless he "knows" that I would actually be right in being on a BW on him? He is admitting here that in the case that there is a BW on himself that I would be there, but for right or for wrong? He doesn't address this because it just ends up being a "I'm Town, you would be wrong." Which is basically saying "Stop suspecting me!" *hides face* which is an admission of a guilty conscience. This is why Shea needs to die.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

NSG
: You state that CES isn't trying to sort people but by your refusing to post a reads list soon, and by deleting your post towards him, it shows you don't really have anything to continue your push, nor are you interested in getting an understanding from him. You say you disagree with the push, but you feel that what you have to say is bad. You cannot elaborate on it when I ask, your silence is telling. Plus you still remain confident in CES, which doesn't make sense if you can't even respond to his rebuttal. The original post where you vote CES #2526 is refuted, yet you A) Keep your vote on him and B) have nothing to say when he rightly refutes it.

CES, Shea, Lycanfire, Davsto
: Thoughts on this.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I need more votes on NSG.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:18 pm

In post 2897, Ranmaru wrote:
NSG
: You state that CES isn't trying to sort people but by your refusing to post a reads list soon, and by deleting your post towards him, it shows you don't really have anything to continue your push, nor are you interested in getting an understanding from him. You say you disagree with the push, but you feel that what you have to say is bad. You cannot elaborate on it when I ask, your silence is telling. Plus you still remain confident in CES, which doesn't make sense if you can't even respond to his rebuttal. The original post where you vote CES #2526 is refuted, yet you A) Keep your vote on him and B) have nothing to say when he rightly refutes it.

CES, Shea, Lycanfire, Davsto
: Thoughts on this.
I think this is a good read.

I have a good read as well tho.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”