Mini 1648: Mafia in the Noose Factory. (Game Over)

Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Ponystar17 »

In post 294, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Nobody claims to be scum, that would be silly.

But, it's great information to work with and start the game. You can analyse the wagon; who was on it, who was off it, what was their reasoning for their respective decisions? Does the claim seem believable? How do other people react to the claim etc etc. Instead of all this happening on p25 with 6 hours to go till deadline and no time to analyse the new information (usually ending in the speedlynch of someone else if the original person run up claims a PR, leaving very little information to work with) I propose we do it earlier and give ourselves 12 days to analyse the information and decide on how to proceed.

No, I'm asking why you think people have a problem with early pressure. Not everyone who gets run up claims PR, either.

PEdit - Ploben, what is your read on Slandaar? You're very good at dodging questions; ever thought of going into politics?

While I agree that peoples' reactions would normally be a perfectly good reason to do this, I still can't understand why you admitted you were pushing for a claim. If you really did want to see whether or not Zeb would claim when pressured, why destroy the pressure by admitting to pushing for a claim? I do also agree that if we're going to force someone to decide whether or not to claim today because we plan to lynch them, it's better to do it earlier rather than later, but I present to you a scenario which could have happened (as a result of us pressuring someone who we had no idea whether we were actually going to lynch at the end of the day).
Zeb claims PR (doctor, cop, tracker, whatever). People aren't entirely convinced, but they find someone else who they'd rather lynch. Then Zeb is nightkilled and flips PR. I'm not going to ask a rhetorical question at the end of this, because that would be an insult to your intelligence. Draw your own conclusions.

Do people have a problem with early pressure? I think I said that I
don't
- I just find it very, very strange that you ruined your own attempt to pressure Zeb halfway in. Early pressure is all well and good, but my impression from your attempt was that you were trying to look like you were pressuring Zeb. Which... would actually lead me to the conclusion that you're both scum, and you were trying to look like you were bussing him without actually causing a lynch or putting too much pressure on him. That's the problem I have with what you did.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:37 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

VOTE: Ploben

I think I'm more confident in this read actually.

Pile votes on Ploben please.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:42 am

You're assuming there is no WIFOM surrounding a potential kill on a PR N1. For example, do you think an outed PR is likely to be protected N1?

I'm not sure how you could possibly link myself and Zeb. Your paranoia further makes me believe you're town though, vote Ploben please.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Kaboose »

Personally really don't like Ploben's last post.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:48 am

Vote him?
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Zebulin »

In post 280, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Zeb, I'm not scum-reading anyone for not being able to play. Can you show me where I have done that?

Here:
In post 253, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Will lynch Tip for this.

- Will lynch Luca for this.

It was small, but I was wondering why you did it. Why did you post that?

Working on a readslist.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Kaboose »

That would go against what I'm looking for D1.

Let's lynch house or tip today.

Ploben we can think about tomorrow?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:54 am

Zeb, that doesn't show me scum-reading Tip and Luca, it shows I would be willing to lynch them.

Kaboose, I feel good that Ploben is scum. I would prefer to lynch a scum slot than an inactive slot.

Should their play not improve, I will gladly lynch either tomorrow. Especially House.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Zebulin »

In post 307, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Zeb, that doesn't show me scum-reading Tip and Luca, it shows I would be willing to lynch them.

Kaboose, I feel good that Ploben is scum. I would prefer to lynch a scum slot than an inactive slot.

Should their play not improve, I will gladly lynch either tomorrow. Especially House.

Fair enough. Policy lynching inactives D1 isn't a good idea IMO, as they could be replaced, drop out, or start playing the game actively.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:01 am

Zeb, your read on Ploben please?
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Zebulin »

Readslist:

Very Town:
Ponystar17

Town:
Kaboose

Leaning Town:
Boonskiies

Null:
randomidget, Slandaar, House

Lurk:
Luca Blight, Always Mafia

Leaning Scum:
MonkeyMan576, tip

Scum:
BlueBloodedToffee, ploben

Very Scum:

My read on BBT keeps waffling from Null to Scum as I try to figure out whether he believes in the early pressure PR fish or if he's just doing that to give scum information. Boonskiies and MonkeyMan576 are gut reads.

P-Edit: Scummy. Scummier than you, actually. My vote is on you because it gets town more info right now.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Vote Count 1.11randommidget: (3) pisskop, ploben, tip
ploben: (1) BlueBloodedToffee
tip: (2) randommidget, Kaboose
MonkeyMan576: (1) Slandaar
Zebulin: (3) Luca Blight, House, Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee: (2) Ponystar17, Zebulin

Not Voting: MonkeyMan576

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-03-08 19:53:20)

Mod Notes:
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Kaboose »

Who said I wanted to lynch nonactives? I want to lynch tip who has been active and useless.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:37 am

In post 310, Zebulin wrote:Readslist:

Very Town:
Ponystar17

Town:
Kaboose

Leaning Town:
Boonskiies

Null:
randomidget, Slandaar, House

Lurk:
Luca Blight, Always Mafia

Leaning Scum:
MonkeyMan576, tip

Scum:
BlueBloodedToffee, ploben

Very Scum:

My read on BBT keeps waffling from Null to Scum as I try to figure out whether he believes in the early pressure PR fish or if he's just doing that to give scum information. Boonskiies and MonkeyMan576 are gut reads.

P-Edit: Scummy. Scummier than you, actually. My vote is on you because it gets town more info right now.

Umm, House isn't classified under lurk because....?

Kaboose replaced Always Mafia.

If you're waffling between me being null and scum how does that make me scum? Like, at the very best that makes me leaning scum surely? You don't need to justify your vote anymore.

Bus your buddy and vote Ploben.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:38 am

- So many stale votes in this VC.

Ugh.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 307, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Zeb, that doesn't show me scum-reading Tip and Luca, it shows I would be willing to lynch them.

In post 308, Zebulin wrote:

Fair enough. Policy lynching inactives D1 isn't a good idea IMO, as they could be replaced, drop out, or start playing the game actively.

You both need to answer the below plz.

In post 312, Kaboose wrote:Who said I wanted to lynch nonactives? I want to lynch tip who has been active and useless.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:52 am

Post by House »

In post 297, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I like that reasoning Kaboose.

Though, I would say House and Luca are more useless than Tip. So, why the vote on Tip?

That's a fair statement, especially considering I've been prodded twice.

So yeah... why somebody who is actually particpating over a lurkslot like me that can't even make the 48 hour minimum?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 am

Post by House »

In post 298, Kaboose wrote:I've considered Tip to be more useless probably because he stands out more. House would be second for sure. Luca has been miserably absent. But I'll give him points for not clogging the thread up with stuff I don't need to read.

Oh really? Who is more likely scum, the one in the spotlight or the one flying beneath the radar?

Do you get lynched D1 as scum a lot?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:55 am

Post by House »

In post 306, Kaboose wrote:That would go against what I'm looking for D1.

Funny how you changed your tune when you were called out on it.

Attempting to redirect the wagon noted.

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 317, House wrote:
In post 298, Kaboose wrote:I've considered Tip to be more useless probably because he stands out more. House would be second for sure. Luca has been miserably absent. But I'll give him points for not clogging the thread up with stuff I don't need to read.

Oh really? Who is more likely scum, the one in the spotlight or the one flying beneath the radar?

I'm pretty sure you can find scum anywhere the same. But my point is that if you're going to be useless on D1, then I don't want to trust you to not be useless on D2 and beyond.

In post 318, House wrote:

What did I get called out on? And where did I attempt to redirect a wagon? My vote is on Tip, has stayed on Tip, and will remain on Tip until he stops being useless today or until someone says "I'm scum lol"
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:14 am

Does "Ploben's scum" count?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:19 am

Post by House »

In post 319, Kaboose wrote:
In post 317, House wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can find scum anywhere the same. But my point is that if you're going to be useless on D1, then I don't want to trust you to not be useless on D2 and beyond.

That's rather superficial reasoning, as there is jack all worth using on D1.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:21 am

Post by House »

In post 319, Kaboose wrote:
In post 318, House wrote:

What did I get called out on? And where did I attempt to redirect a wagon? My vote is on Tip, has stayed on Tip, and will remain on Tip until he stops being useless today or until someone says "I'm scum lol"

In post 297, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I like that reasoning Kaboose.

Though, I would say House and Luca are more useless than Tip. So, why the vote on Tip?

All of a sudden my name crept into your "can we lynch this person today" list after BBT called you out for it.

Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Zebulin »

In post 315, Kaboose wrote:

In post 308, Zebulin wrote:

You both need to answer the below plz.

In post 312, Kaboose wrote:Who said I wanted to lynch nonactives? I want to lynch tip who has been active and useless.

My comment was addressed to BBT, not you.

BBT:
Thanks for the bussing advice, I really appreciate it!
VOTE: Ploben (Real reason: the BBT wagon's not going through today, and the Ploben one might.)

I want a lynch on BBT or Ploben (BBT is scummy, Ploben outright lied) and I'm okay with one on tip or a lurkslot.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Kaboose »

When did Ploben lie?

@House if it makes you feel better I'll bump you from:

Tip
House