Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Umlaut »

Official Vote Count 1.04

Crassula capensis "Cape Snowdrop"

EliminationWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate someone.

hellbooks
(1): GeorgeBailey
George Bailey
(1): Snowblaze
NoPowerOverMe
(1): Alduskkel
Billy Pilgrim
(2): JamSV, Testarossa
Iconeum
(3): VP Baltar, Andresvmb, NoPowerOverMe
Andresvmb
(3): Datisi, Iconeum, hellbooks
VP Baltar
(1): Billy Pilgrim
Not Voting
(1): jankofan

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-08-13 23:15:00).

Mod notes:
Hi, folks![/area]
Last edited by Raya36 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 293, Datisi wrote:
In post 292, VP Baltar wrote:Perhaps people who have played with Icon before can weigh in and say if this is typical behavior.
*waves*

ico can get very annoyed at scumreads he considers unfair, it's not scum!indicative

your thoughts on andres?
The pocketing of me feels a bit hard, so I have a natural skepticism of that. I would agree with you that some of his posts feel a bit like busy work, though I did find myself nodding along at a couple points. I could probably make a stronger argument that Billy and snowblaze are busy bodies with little substance.

Overall, still have a null on Andres. Would rather we ran up ico or Billy.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, hi Umlaut!
YOUR AD HERE

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Andres - I see you think Icon is scummy and VP is town. You have any other reads?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Hey Jam, you got thoughts or did you drop this game like the premier league dropped Watford?
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:44 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Imagine if the team is literally just Janko and Jam.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:49 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Anyways, I think Ico vs NPOM is TvT.

As Datisi stated:
In post 219, Datisi wrote:it's like... the more nopoweroverme posts, the more i disagree with him, but also the more i think his posts come from a genuine place of wanting to solve the game?
I don't think NPOM has acted very opportunistic, just, a bit of an awkward start.

I'm pretty sure this tunneling is Town from Ico.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:53 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

VOTE: SnowBlaze

I agree with Hellbooks on:
In post 247, hellbooks wrote:most of your actions as of late have seemed to ask people to clarify something or other which could be genuine or could be busy work, am waiting to see how you follow up on these things
It seems a lot like what I thought NPOM was doing earlier.
GeorgeBailey
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Raya36 »

JamSV has requested replacement. Currently searching.
Last edited by Raya36 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 136, Billy Pilgrim wrote: Honestly the dude seemed testy, which could be scum or could be a way town reacts to jokey rvs. The fact that he doubled down on it almost feels too scummy to be scum. But i thought that overt hostility was too scummy to be scum before and that player ended up being scum. So this is something that im going to treat as a play style thing that may be less so later.
To come back at this, I don't get this thought process at all. So your impression on NPOM intensified that he was too scummy to be scummy and you had a similar case before (in another game?), where exactly said player ended up being scum, so you back off here... because...?

Also can you point out where NPOM was showing hostility (he was annoyed, sure, but hostility is a stronger word imo) and why you thought this hostility was scummy (or too scummy) and couldn't have come from hostile town?
In post 164, Andresvmb wrote: I am voting here for a few reasons. I felt Iconeum was overly eager to cast a Scum net over NPOM, and I would describe the certainty that George Bailey is Town as a factor as well. I have no real certainty on whether Iconeum, NPOM or George Bailey are Town or Scum. I am not going to pretend that I have a solid answer here. But the whole Town slipping thing and arguing so strongly that there was a Town mindset just seems off to me.
One thing that I don't really get on the Ico push is the motivation for the shown certainty of Icoscum pointing out GB as town via "slip". Why not just attacking NPOM for his questions and using GB's comment as basis for his push on GB instead of coming up with a townslip? I mean it's not that Ico has even used the townslip to pocket GB (to be fair, GB disappeared after that for a while), so it feels kind of unnecessary to risk a tmi slip.
In post 239, Snowblaze wrote:@NPOM, can you explain your hellbooks townlean? I'm not really getting any read from her posts so far.
We are not getting any reads from you either. Not a single one so far in fact.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 240, VP Baltar wrote: Let's get some more votes on Icon pls. Hellbrooks, testarossa, we got a live one over here.
Nah, still solidly town on Ico. :shrug:
Like my read is mostly based on my impression of his personality that he displayed so far and looks pretty consistent to me as he started with getting excited in finding a supposed towntell for GB and getting through that to an early scumread to push until getting hotheaded and genuinely annoyed that an illogical scumread (with which I agree with to a certain extent) was used to push him. Like he comes across to me as someone that would rather break through the wall then just run past it and this showed in his back and forth with you guys, while I still feel he is trying to resolve it like he was trying with NPOM, which looked like a townie approach to me. Stuff like omgus is rather nai, especially if it becomes emotional.
Also helps that I have warmed up to have Datisi as town, who seems to be strongly familiar with Ico, so him defending Ico gives me a bit reassurement here.
In post 241, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 186, Testarossa wrote: Not really away from NPOM, but I feel it's locking too much into NPOM/Icon and I don't really like Billy's posts or what he isn't doing atm.
Tell me more. I'm also interested in this.
The Ico/NPOM part or the Billy part?

If the former it felt to me that everyone was just focussing on that skirmish or to keep their noses out without looking offside of there imo. Like I don't think it was SvS, for that both sides seemed too annoyed. So either TvT that was befired by someone (or scum holding back) or TvS, but then only within you or NPOM imo. But I am not that sure about that anymore, NPOM recent posts were better and I am still around null with you, which might be because you were mainly involved with Ico so far. I just feel the situation was stagnating, which wouldn't necessarily make sense if one side has scum advantage.

As for Billy, I found his response pretty vague, his handling of NPOM still looks weird, but judgement is still holding out here. What triggered me more was him appearing again only to respond to critical posts towards him, like I get one just feel obligated to it, but that is actually something I see from scum too often. Didn't helped that he wasn't really trying to get reads on people or attempted to look for scum. After all he had the luxury to come late in to have already some juicy stuff at hand. Didn't know of the storm issue of course, but still that entrance was quite lackluster.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 242, hellbooks wrote: yea. like what do u think about them
Yeah, they are mostly fine. I can understand why he got riled up by the accusations, because it seems a bit arbitrarily by Baltar that he gives NPOM the benefit of doubt with saying scum wouldn't act like he did while he assumes with Ico that he would go as scum after the easy target. I am not getting scummy vibes from Baltar though as I was assuming Baltar went with the angle that Ico wouldn't act as the scum in NPOM's former game, because he wasn't familiar with NPOM. The banter afterwards is tedious, tedious and tedious, on first sight nothing really new came up there.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Testarossa »

It's past 02:00 Am and I just want to sleep. I am going to save Andres for tomorrow. On first glance I don't really have a problem here, his reads have some substance and look interesting. But I need to look more at it in detail. Only disliked his post regarding Snowblaze as I think his post looked more like shade than Snowblaze's post did.

Since he gets completely ignored, I am not feeling really positive about Alduskkel. Like he ignored most stuff that was going on to drop his vote on NPOM, which might be by placement a critical point (have to reread that part again though, I might have forgotten about the timeline). The remaining comments seemed rather non-committal. Would be interested in Datisi's take on this.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Billy pilgrim

This game needs a change of pace and an actual wagon.

GB, thoughts on Billy? Why are you not on this wagon, bb?
YOUR AD HERE

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Raya36 »

DkKoba replaces JamSV. Please welcome them!
Last edited by Raya36 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hi VOTE: ico am busy but when i was reading game b4 replacing in this slot pinged me v hard notably between pages 6-10
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 315, DkKoba wrote:hi VOTE: ico am busy but when i was reading game b4 replacing in this slot pinged me v hard notably between pages 6-10
Tell me more Tell me more
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 316, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 315, DkKoba wrote:hi VOTE: ico am busy but when i was reading game b4 replacing in this slot pinged me v hard notably between pages 6-10
Tell me more Tell me more
im drunk and drunk me is always right and ico's posts screamed "SCUM ALRT" to me.

the fact the wagon on them has dissipated since i read the game last makes me sad though.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

its GAMER time.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 310, Testarossa wrote:
In post 240, VP Baltar wrote: Let's get some more votes on Icon pls. Hellbrooks, testarossa, we got a live one over here.
Nah, still solidly town on Ico. :shrug:
Like my read is mostly based on my impression of his personality that he displayed so far and looks pretty consistent to me as he started with getting excited in finding a supposed towntell for GB and getting through that to an early scumread to push until getting hotheaded and genuinely annoyed that an illogical scumread (with which I agree with to a certain extent) was used to push him. Like he comes across to me as someone that would rather break through the wall then just run past it and this showed in his back and forth with you guys, while I still feel he is trying to resolve it like he was trying with NPOM, which looked like a townie approach to me. Stuff like omgus is rather nai, especially if it becomes emotional.
Also helps that I have warmed up to have Datisi as town, who seems to be strongly familiar with Ico, so him defending Ico gives me a bit reassurement here.
In post 241, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 186, Testarossa wrote: Not really away from NPOM, but I feel it's locking too much into NPOM/Icon and I don't really like Billy's posts or what he isn't doing atm.
Tell me more. I'm also interested in this.
The Ico/NPOM part or the Billy part?

If the former it felt to me that everyone was just focussing on that skirmish or to keep their noses out without looking offside of there imo. Like I don't think it was SvS, for that both sides seemed too annoyed. So either TvT that was befired by someone (or scum holding back) or TvS, but then only within you or NPOM imo. But I am not that sure about that anymore, NPOM recent posts were better and I am still around null with you, which might be because you were mainly involved with Ico so far. I just feel the situation was stagnating, which wouldn't necessarily make sense if one side has scum advantage.

As for Billy, I found his response pretty vague, his handling of NPOM still looks weird, but judgement is still holding out here. What triggered me more was him appearing again only to respond to critical posts towards him, like I get one just feel obligated to it, but that is actually something I see from scum too often. Didn't helped that he wasn't really trying to get reads on people or attempted to look for scum. After all he had the luxury to come late in to have already some juicy stuff at hand. Didn't know of the storm issue of course, but still that entrance was quite lackluster.

lol this post is scum i just cant explain it but its probably all the big complex epxlainations and big words that do it
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

datisi and GB are deffo town.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ya lets hang in ico/testa today (:
retired
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m keeping Testarossa, Datisi and VP Baltar in my Town pool, and I’m going to lay off Iconeum. Frankly, Testarossa’s deference to Datisi there, and my TR of both, means I am probably barking up the wrong tree.

I’m liking hellbooks and GB’s push on Snowblaze, so VOTE: Snowblaze. There’s not a whole lot of posts from hellbooks, but certainly a lot I can agree on. And Snowblaze’s ISO strikes me for sure as a lot of busy work, some empty questions, and no stances or reads. GB highlighted the relevant post from hellbooks in .

@Testarossa, the only thing I can say about why Ico might have pushed a Town slip type argument in favor of GB to go after NPOM is if Ico wanted some easy Town cred defending the guy most under pressure, who say Ico knows is Town. But now that I see this in writing, I will admit that I feel it’s a stretch. It would have been a lot easier to go after NPOM directly and not rely on a secondary read for it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

why are they in your townpool lool
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also how many scum are in a mini normal cause this is my firs ttime playing a mini normal
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”