Newbie 694 (over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, waiting for a claim is a good idea.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:41 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Dipstick replaces _over9000.

Thank you!
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Dipstick »

Hey everyone, glad to be here!
This is my second game ive played, so im not really pro...
Ill go read the posts and post on what I think...
Im new to Mafia...
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:44 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:What do you expect to change in 11 days, CR? I don't think a replacement will be able to come in, read all 300 posts, and quickly mount enough of a defense of TWO different people's scummy actions to deflect enough suspicion onto somebody else in just 11 days.

Does anybody else have an opinion on this?

And Westbrook, I'm still waiting for you to post your thoughts. Just what you think of each poster as you read the thread would be helpful.
300 posts in 11 days isn't much at all. Are you saying I am scummy because of this or are you trying to tell me that unvoting has no difference to the outcome of this day?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Dipstick »

first off:

Unvote

Second off, I read, and I dont think I have enough information to make a solid vote yet... so, ill wait for mroe discussion to pick up...

Seeing as how I am at 3 votes, im not in the BEST situation...
Ill wait for discussion to pick up before making a solid vote... I dont want to make a random vote at this time...
Im new to Mafia...
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Dipstick »

Also, for my defence, if anyone wants to ask me questions to see if im Mafia, then go ahead. Ill answer them...

The first day is the most important day, so I want to get enough information in before randomly voting.
Im new to Mafia...
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

If you are looking for more discussion, why didn't you ask questions to anyone here?

Do you have any defense for yourself, based on your predecessors?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by GIEFF »

CR; I am not trying to say you are scummy, I'm trying to say that I don't think 11 days will make a difference.

Glad to see the replacement, though; thanks Dipstick, and thanks hasdfgas.

Westbrook and Dipstick; you two are the most suspicious to me, and to most, although this is based entirely on the actions of your predecessors. The best thing that both of you can do to remove suspicion from yourselves would be some long, detailed posts analyzing who you think looks the most suspicious and why.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:CR; I am not trying to say you are scummy, I'm trying to say that I don't think 11 days will make a difference.

Glad to see the replacement, though; thanks Dipstick, and thanks hasdfgas.

Westbrook and Dipstick; you two are the most suspicious to me, and to most, although this is based entirely on the actions of your predecessors. The best thing that both of you can do to remove suspicion from yourselves would be some long, detailed posts analyzing who you think looks the most suspicious and why.
FoS GIEFF

Why are you telling them how to remove suspicion? If these players aren't scum, then their play should reflect it. These seems like coaching to me.

Also, long, detailed posts don't necessarily make someone town. Good suspicion and clear posts can come in the form of very small posts.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I am telling them how to remove suspicion in an effort to get this game moving. He said it was his second game, so I'm letting him know how to play it.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:I am telling them how to remove suspicion in an effort to get this game moving. He said it was his second game, so I'm letting him know how to play it.
I understand that you are "trying to help them play the game."

It's just the way you did it is suspicious. Why tell them how to get rid of suspicion?

And in your opinion, is a player who posts like you stated pro-town?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Dipstick »

Well, its VERY believable how my predecessors could be on ANYONES scumdar...

For some reason, these people made me suspicious:
infamous (Also wanted day phase to end quickly... "Are we ever gonna lynch someone?" though, could also want the game to go quicker, like everyone else... )
Xtoxm (Seemed to want the day phase to end quickly, meaning that they could be Mafia (so they could kill at night). Though, everyone wants the game to go quicker... Not really suspicous about them ANYMORE...)

Though, I havnt been able to find ANYTHING good on anyone, because not enough discussion has been going on... (or, alot of people in this game is good at keeping clues AWAY from everyone)

So, im not gonna lynch til Westbrook says something...

So, Im suspicious of Westbrook (only because of their predecessor though) and, I dont feel like lynching until they post... but if they dont post soon, or if they dont post anything that gives me great proof I shouldnt lynch, then ill lynch...
Im new to Mafia...
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Dipstick wrote:Well, its VERY believable how my predecessors could be on ANYONES scumdar...

infamous (Also wanted day phase to end quickly... "Are we ever gonna lynch someone?" though, could also want the game to go quicker, like everyone else... )
Xtoxm (Seemed to want the day phase to end quickly, meaning that they could be Mafia (so they could kill at night). Though, everyone wants the game to go quicker... Not really suspicous about them ANYMORE...)

Though, I havnt been able to find ANYTHING good on anyone, because not enough discussion has been going on... (or, alot of people in this game is good at keeping clues AWAY from everyone)

So, im not gonna lynch til Westbrook says something...]/b]

So, Im suspicious of Westbrook (only because of their predecessor though) and, I dont feel like lynching until they post... but if they dont post soon, or if they dont post anything that gives me great proof I shouldnt lynch, then ill lynch...
What about Westbrook made you think they were scum?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Dipstick »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
Dipstick wrote:Well, its VERY believable how my predecessors could be on ANYONES scumdar...

So, im not gonna lynch til Westbrook says something...

What about Westbrook made you think they were scum?
Their predecessor seemed... a little scummy to me... though, it IS my opinion...
Though, im waiting for Westbrook to post, so they can answer who they think is the scummiest...
Im new to Mafia...
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Dipstick »

And, the reason their predecessor made me think they were scummy was that they seemed to want to get through the day phase quickly...
Really, thats ALL I can get from these 14 pages...
Im new to Mafia...
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Dipstick, it's a good idea to say why you think someone is scummy so that that person can make a reasonable response to your accusation. Just saying "you're scummy" doesn't add much and is difficult to respond to.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Dipstick wrote:And, the reason their predecessor made me think they were scummy was that they seemed to want to get through the day phase quickly...
Really, thats ALL I can get from these 14 pages...
There has to be more than that. A lot of us have been pushing the day a little quickly, as you noted.

Is there anything context wise that makes you think they are scum?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Dipstick »

Well, then I really have nothing... I just have a feeling though...

Just waiting on Westbrook to say what they think to get this going...
Im new to Mafia...
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Dipstick wrote:Well, then I really have nothing... I just have a feeling though...

Just waiting on Westbrook to say what they think to get this going...
And how do you expect them to respond against a gut feeling?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 am

Post by GIEFF »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
GIEFF wrote:I am telling them how to remove suspicion in an effort to get this game moving. He said it was his second game, so I'm letting him know how to play it.

It's just the way you did it is suspicious. Why tell them how to get rid of suspicion?

Not at all, but in my eyes the more that somebody writes, the more chances there are for us to catch them making a mistake.

I am telling them how to get rid of suspicion because if they in fact do as I ask, they really WOULD get rid of suspicion. Actually presenting your opinion as to who is scum would be hard to do if you really KNEW who was scum (as the scum do), so if they were able to do so to my satisfaction, it really would alleviate suspicion in my eyes, even though I told them how to do it.

Maybe this is just tunnel-vision, but Dipstick's posts seem scummy to me. He is unable to provide any reason why he finds Westbrook scummy, and if I were scum in his shoes, I would naturally try to deflect suspicion onto the next-most-likely lynch, which just happens to be infamous/Westbrook.

I am still uncomfortable with Westbrook's lack of activity; please give us some logic or analysis, as you promised you would do when you were less tired.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Dipstick »

Well, Westbrook hasnt posted any logic/analysis... im thinking that either:
1. They are avoiding to post much because they could give away Mafia status (IF they are mafia)
2. They arent on much... (which means they could be MAFIA OR townsfolk...)

And, I know my posts may seem scummy, I just cant find any reasons to see anyone as suspicious... so im just aiming at the MOST suspicious (Westbrook/inf)
Im new to Mafia...
Westbrook_Owns_U
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Westbrook_Owns_U »

Sorry, I'm back. I haven't been on in a little while.

First off, let's start with a list.

Dispstick: Obviously pushing for a lynch of me, for m previous character. In fact, all his posts so far have been about my character. It's quite annoying how the fact you keep trying to make up all this odd logic. Most of it's just been "I think he's scummy because I think he's scummy" logic. Or my character's inactivity and wanting to push the day faster. He jsut keeps trying to avert attention from himself to the easiest person. IMO, Scummy.

Clockwork Ruse: He always tries to make new suspicions and I don't notice much bandwaonging. IMO, Protown.

Xtoxm: He never seems to read the thread, form what his posts say. He usually just posts to make sure he stays in the game. With posts like, "I satill say we should lynch those two people" and such. He also switched his "two people" a few times, in a bandwagon-ish manner. IMO, MotR.

GIEFF: A decently protown player. He also seems to ty to look on new suspicions, and I haven't noticed much suspicious activity (from what I've skimmed over). IMO, Protown.

CarnCarn: Meh, he seems protown from his posts. Not too flashy either. I'ma go with MotR.

Silver Pheonix: His current character is doing nicely. Haven't noticed much posting, but I haven't either, and neither have most people in this game :/. IMO, Unsure.

Elennaro: Short, sweet posts, stating ways to help the other characters, usually. No real suspicious activites from what I've skimmed over. IMO, Unsure.

Sorry, if I missed anybody. Well there ya have it, sopme of my suspicions on people. HOpe this can get the game moving a little, but I'm unsure if it will.
Mafia - 0-1
Town 2-0
Flaked - 5
Remember kids, it's [i] multi-cultural [/i]out.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:

Not at all, but in my eyes the more that somebody writes, the more chances there are for us to catch them making a mistake.

I am telling them how to get rid of suspicion because if they in fact do as I ask, they really WOULD get rid of suspicion. Actually presenting your opinion as to who is scum would be hard to do if you really KNEW who was scum (as the scum do), so if they were able to do so to my satisfaction, it really would alleviate suspicion in my eyes, even though I told them how to do it.

Maybe this is just tunnel-vision, but Dipstick's posts seem scummy to me. He is unable to provide any reason why he finds Westbrook scummy, and if I were scum in his shoes, I would naturally try to deflect suspicion onto the next-most-likely lynch, which just happens to be infamous/Westbrook.

I am still uncomfortable with Westbrook's lack of activity; please give us some logic or analysis, as you promised you would do when you were less tired.
I'm just trying to understand your ideas.

You think it's harder for scum to present cases because they know who their partners are? I'm not sure if I follow this completely or agree with it. It depends on the player.

I do see what you mean about catching people with longer posts, but once again, it depends on the player.

Dipstick; are you saying that you don't have any suspicions so you are concentrating on who the town is suspicious of?

Westbrook; Can you sum up what about his odd logic strikes you the most?

What does MotR mean?
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:52 am

Post by CarnCarn »

ClockworkRuse wrote:What does MotR mean?
"Middle of the Road," probably.
ClockworkRuse wrote:I do see what you mean about catching people with longer posts, but once again, it depends on the player.
I don't like that as a scum-tell/town-tell at all. Scum will try to do whatever to blend in with the town. If that means making longer posts, then they'll do that. Some people won't, though, because that is just their play style, but that doesn't make them scum since they'll make concise posts as town, too.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Dipstick »

I just dont have any suspicions, so im putting what I FEEL in so that I can get the person to say what they think of it, and possibly GET a suspicion...

does motR = Mafia or Town (insert something here for the R)?
Im new to Mafia...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”