Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Corinthian »

Look: If I'm a sane cop, then our two choices are Gimbo and Gojira. (Which makes it seem a little odd to me that Gojira is the one who said Gimbo must be the mason partner of Phoebus.)

FFB could be the mason, too, let's not forget. (I investigated him because he hadn't been active at all.)

I think Gimbo is more likely scum. In his first posts of the day, he says
I doubt Gojira being scum, and skitzer's case is only a bit stronger than Gojira but most likely not scum
Then after I post, saying FFB is confirmed innocent, he tries to cast doubt as to whether I'm really a cop, then says
I am not scum and if you are presumably not scum and neither is FFB, then it must be either skitzer or Gojira.
The two people he just said weren't scum are suddenly his two top suspects! Immediately following, he remembers that skitzer is one of my confirmed innocents, and goes for Gojira.
Look Gojira, we lynch you today, if you are scum, all the best, if you are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent and town will DEFINITELY kill Corinthian tomorrow. Either way town wins.
How many scum do you think we have left? We've been right with the lynch every single time so far- is it possible that there are two scum remaining? Do I need to explain how: if Gojira is town, that does not necessarily prove that two of Corinth, skitzer and FFB are scum? Do I need to point out that even if I were scum, that wouldn't mean I MUST have been lying about skitzer or FFB?

(I do also think it's a little strange that both Gimbo and Gojira "forgot" that skitzer is confirmed innocent and wanted to vote him. Although, I'm willing to believe that Gojira was reading Gimbo's skitzer vote and that confused him.)

Not to mention the way Gimbo jumped on Gojira's suggestion that he was Phoebus's mason buddy. Again, it is strange that Gojira would suggest that, given that if it were true, it would mean he was the only possible scum choice.

As to the "might there be no cop?" question, I ask you, what would be the point of giving Slaine Hayes the "godfather" role, if there were no cop to investigate him?

Vote: Gimbo
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Gojira (2): Gimbo, skitzer
Gimbo (1): Corinthian

Not voting (2): FlyingFoxBat **, Gojira

3 votes to lynch
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Gimbo »

Corinthian, please don't snap defeat from the jaws of victory, i've seen too many of that.....are u a democrat too? lol

i'm surprised someone would even vote for ME when it's obvious that i was mason with Phoebus, thats why he was insistent on me beign town on D1 when i was really close to being lynched. and by process of elimination Gojira must be scum...unless you Corinthian is the scum, only 2 choice of town ;)

i'm assuming here there's 1 scum left, wouldn't 4 scums be too many for a game like this?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Gimbo »

Corinthian, please don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, i've seen too many of that.....are u a democrat too? lol

i'm surprised someone would even vote for ME when it's obvious that i was mason with Phoebus, thats why he was insistent on me beign town on D1 when i was really close to being lynched. and by process of elimination Gojira must be scum...unless you Corinthian is the scum, only 2 choice of town ;)

i'm assuming here there's 1 scum left, wouldn't 4 scums be too many for a game like this?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:08 am

Post by skitzer »

Gimbo, you could be mason, but it's almost as likely that you may be lying in the hopes that FFB, who could be the real mason, isn't posting.
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Corinthian »

If Gimbo's assuming there's one scum left, then
if you (Gojira) are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent
makes no sense.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Gimbo »

Jesus, you guys are well on your way of 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory', seriously, I thought it's crystal clear, Gojira today, IF something crazy happens and he flips town, Corinthian's dead tmr and town wins!

Corinthian: my post makes sense, IF Gojira is not scum (1% chance), then you must be scum, because I don't see why a pro-town role of any kind would need to lie about the alignment of other players.

EDIT: skitzer, I AM the Mason, not 'could be', how more obvious could this get?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:06 am

Post by skitzer »

Notice how I am voting Gojira, Gimbo...

What proof do you have that you are the mason? Is it clearly stated in the thread? Because I don't see any.

Finally...Corinthian has two, possibly three, correct investigations. You also seem like you would kill someone else so that Corinthian would be under suspicion...
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Gimbo »

No, I'm saying that it's almost definite that Gojira is scum as I don't see why Corinthian would lie about one of skitzer/FFB, but since its always possible (and I say like 1% chance), so if anything goes wrong, we look to Corinthian next, doesn't that make perfect sense?

I'm confused as to why both Corinthian and you skitzer are hesitating.

Proof of me being mason, I can't proof because I can't just quote my PM, but look back to Phoebus's response to me being under pressure, even Gojira mentioned at one point he was point by why Phoebus was so insistent on me being town. Also note how Slaine wanted my dead as a D1 easy-lynch, I thought it couldn't have been clearer that 1) I'm def. pro-town and 2) there's def. something between me and Phoebus.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Corinthian »

Gojira being town in no way shape or form means Corinth must be the scum.

If we vote Gojira and he's town,
then we lynch Gimbo
the next day.

@Gojira: why did you say Gimbo must be the mason? Did you realize that makes you obvscum?

Where the hell is FFB? We need a replacement.

I'm not voting Gojira because Gimbo is making a nonsensical argument with invalid proof against a claimed cop.
corinth wrote: If Gimbo's assuming there's one scum left, then
gimbo wrote: Quote:

if you (Gojira) are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent
makes no sense.
gimbo's reply wrote: Corinthian: my post makes sense, IF Gojira is not scum (1% chance), then you must be scum, because I don't see why a pro-town role of any kind would need to lie about the alignment of other players.
Lets try this again. (Gimbo is either scum talking in circles, or a moron.)
If Corinthian is scum, and there's only one scum left, then Corinth WASN'T lying about skitzer or FFB being innocent.

Gimbo's case against Corinth is based on the point that pro-town wouldn't lie about alignments.
If Corinth is scum, Corinth never lied.

Gimbo's arguments make no sense. He's continually trying to make it seem like if Gojira is town, then Corinth is the next day's logical lynch, based on a case that makes no logical sense.

I say we lynch Gimbo, and if he turns out to be a stupid townie, then we lynch Gojira the next day.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:06 am

Post by XReyoX »

Gojira (2): Gimbo, skitzer
Gimbo (1): Corinthian

Not voting (2): FlyingFoxBat **, Gojira

3 votes to lynch

FlyingFoxbat will be prodded tommorrow.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Gimbo »

but I am mason!

this is like a paradox:

Corith - cop
skitz - innocent
FFB - innocent
Gimbo - mason
Gojira - ???

I could bet my life Gojira is scum, if he isn't you Corinthian
[removed by mod]
must be lying, lets see what happens. if he is (scum)...sry for calling u a
[removed by mod]
;
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:41 am

Post by skitzer »

But it could also be:

Corinth - cop
skitzer - innocent
FFB - mason (who would be innocnet)
Gimbo - scum
Gojira - ???

Just listing my possibilities...
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:47 am

Post by XReyoX »

FlyingFoxbat has been prodded.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Gimbo »

i've told you my rationale, of course i can't 'proof' i'm mason, looking back, it clearly made sense how things turned out, in fact had i not gotten myself into trouble day 1, you guys might've never seen how close i was with phoebus. so that leaves 2 ??, Corinthian and Gojira and i'm 99% sure Gojira is scum.

sigh.... ok, look, IF Gojira flips town, then I give you permission to LYNCH ME TOMORROW.

the very fact that you guys are still doubting drives me insane and if it means losing this game in order for me to come back and say 'I TOLD YOU SO!!" so be it.

lynch Gojira today, if he flips town, kill me tomorrow. hows that?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 am

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

Ok, well, it looks like it's time for me to stop lurking. I'm gonna go ahead and post now.
The main thing that I find suspicious is that Gimbo is pushing so hard for a Gorija lynch. Right now, I find him somewhat the scummiest player simply due to the fact that he said things such as
Therefore, why don't you (Gojira) do us a favor and sacrifice yourself for town if you are really town? You can do this by letting us lynch you.
Although that is indeed a tactic that can be used, Gimbo seems to be all over the place here, and is jumping between "Gorija is scum" and "Gorija is town but to avoid confusion, let's lynch him". I find this moderately scummy, simply due to overeagerness. Especially because he seems to be behaving as though he's confirmed innocent, by practically bossing everybody around in terms of voting, especially in post 302.
FoS: Gimbo
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:51 am

Post by skitzer »

First: are you Phoebus's mason partner?
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:54 am

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

skitzer wrote:First: are you Phoebus's mason partner?
Nope.
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:54 am

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

You want my claim?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:59 am

Post by skitzer »

No, this just confirms that Gimbo is, in fact, the mason.

Yes, my vote stays on Gojira.
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 am

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

I'm presently split between Gimbo and Gorija. I have my suspicions for the latter to do his completely ignoring Gimbo's request for him to claim, and the fact that nobody here has been able to assign him a role in the posted scumdars on Day 4. I've already stated my suspicions of Gimbo. Despite his behavior, I'm getting town vibes from him, and somewhat neutral about Gorija. Skitzer is giving mild pro-town to me, and corinth is neutral, but nobody counterclaime dhim as cop, so I'm going to assume he's pro-town. I am indeed innocent, and that only leaves Gorija. Does anybody here besides me think it might be good for him to claim?
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Corinthian »

I agree.

Something else- mod said there is no guarantee that the game is balanced. could that mean there was only one mason?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:47 am

Post by skitzer »

no, that would be bastard modding..from the looks of this game so far, I don't think so.
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Corinthian »

Well, okay then. I suppose that rules out the idea of two godfathers as well.

Gojira hasn't posted since the 30th.

Town, should I wait for Gojira to claim, or go ahead and hammer?
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:48 am

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

Personally, I think we should just wait for him to claim. However, this is speed Mafia, so although what I'm about to do is rather hypocritical based on my gameplay in this game so far:
Mod, can we get a prod on gorija?

I do this mainly because I'll be out of town on the 5th and want to be able to contribute as much as I can before then, which includes lynching possible scum. And I'm interested in his claim.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”