Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Cogito Ergo Sum is Scum.

1. Vote / Reads Progression

Let's start back at the start of the game. CES and never explains why. He later calls for wagons, and again never explains why. Llamarble , saying that he doesn't understand why he'd want that as town. This is CES' response:
In post 216, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's not always about you, 'marble.
He later describes this vote as something he chose to do instead of putting down a serious vote on the marquis wagon.

He calls Marquis the (Dunn, Marquis, Wgeurts), and again doesn't explain why. He makes a lot of posts just calling marquis scummy around this time still without explaining why before finally talking about it in . What were his reasons? "Awkward tone" and meta from one scumgame in 2015 that he never really explains in any depth. As far as I can tell,
these are still the reasons he's scumreading Marquis
, along with lurking. It goes without saying, but these reasons are both very easily fakeable and are apparently good enough for CES for that single read to last the entire game.

He briefly , perhaps influenced by marble's questioning of postie in the previous post. He again only explains this much later, saying that . In that same post he says that he obviously agrees with the gist of the eddie case, but that he still thinks it would be an easy thing for postie to focus on if she were scum. All of these opinions are contradictory to eachother.

His comes for Gamma's case in , but again he only barely explains this until much later, with a vague comment about Gamma's case being "accusatory" in . He goes into more detail in , saying that Gamma was being awkward and looked concerned with how justified his votes were. This is another weak read, and he pretty much entirely drops this point and doesn't bring it up again – you know, after the consensus largely came to be that gamma is town.

I've talked a lot about CES' read on tchill/screenplay, but let's really go over his progression there.
– Brings up two points that make tchill scummy, one point that makes him towny. Describes it as a "wagon driven by relatively crude heuristics."
– Pretty much doesn't take any stance on tchill, talks about how the lurking doesn't affect his read.
– The swap makes him feel better about the wagon.
– Argues that screen being willing to swap means it's more likely that the tchill slot is scum here.
– When responding to ran, describes how the scumread on postie seems more convincing to him than the eddie part, which "doesn't really sway [him]".
– Hammer.

CES says that he detailed the nature of his read change but he really didn't in any truly explanatory way. He's said how , but the only reasons in his iso for this are the swap and screen's desire to survive.

Day two, . Later, when Tsq asks him why he's not on the eddie wagon when he's stated that he agrees with postie's case, he says that . What?

He later jumps on the Eddie wagon with no real indication as to why the switch.

Finally, day three, back on the marquis wagon.

Let's examine all of the reasons CES has voted people for, this game:
-Lurking
-Awkward wording
-Looking more good than actually solving the game (this vote never went anywhere, however)
-RVS? (Llamarble)

First of all, these reasons are, as a whole, surface level. It was llamarble who said that if CES doesn't lynch scum then he's probably scum himself – given that this is what CES has been pushing people on, I'm inclined to trust that. Next, all of his scumreads have been opportunistic – on players that looked lynchable (notable is that dunnstral is an exception to this, with a very weak reason from CES – this lends credence to my view of the scumteam). Marquis has always been a viable wagon. Tchill and eddie both actually went through. Gamma looked viable for a bit, and that's when CES voted / scumread him. His postie vote followed llamarble placing a bit of pressure there and again stopped afterwards. It's all agenda-driven.

A quick review of team mafia 2015 indicated that he didn't vote lurkers all the time. He seemed to have fairly well-developed reads that don't compare with his fairly robotic scumhunting this game.

2. Undeveloped Townreads

Here's a list of every time i could fine where CES calls someone "town":

– He talks about a "nice town tell" from tchill but still evidently scumreads him (if his behavior is anything to go off of).

– Says that i had a "townish line".

– Describes how one of quick's posts shows a pro-town mindset, but ultimately comes to the non-conclusion of "It's not hard to find scummy posts by Lickitung but it's not hard to find townie posts by him either."

– Calls lycan town for scumreading him, calls tsq "sheaey", so wants to sheep llamarble's read on him.

– Says that Ran is his strongest townread.

– Says that davsto generally sounds town, but that he needs to take a closer look.

– Quick is solidly town.

I'm pretty sure that's it. He's barely mentioned a large amount of the playerlist, and for the reads that he has mentioned, his reasons are always self-admittedly weak.

He's keeping his options open.

Look back at team mafia 2015 – a huge difference in how he approaches townreads. He's not playing the same at all, and i'm fairly confident it's because he's scum.

3. NKA

Let's examine llama and postie and their relation to cogito ergo sum.

First, llamarble's mentions of cogito ergo sum.
– Says to lynch CES in lylo no matter what. Can't imagine why CES called for dueling Marble/Marquis wagons if he was town.
– Calls CES null, and makes the point that strong players always appear town early on.
– Says again to lynch CES in lylo, mentions that he's been buddied by CES as scum before and to not let it happen this game.
– Calls CES the first alternate to his scumreads
– Put CES in his scumteam.
– Reiterates to lynch CES in lylo.
– Says that he could could "easily believe" a scumteam with CES in it.
– Same as before.
– Lays out a lynch order where CES is first on the chopping block if tchill flips town.
– This one is important – says to give CES some time,
but if town isn't winning before LyLo, CES is scum
. He also advocates lynching whoever is left in lylo that should've been nightkilled.
Says that CES should be lower on Ran's readslist.
– Places CES in the category of "don't let live to lylo".

As an aside, Llamarble's thoughts on marquis were that , and his lynch order had town leaving him alive until lylo. The llamarble kill day one is a point against marquis scum unless marquis is also scum with one of the people in marble's lynch order.

When it comes to postie, there's very little indication that postie would have gone after marquis and she had me as locktown. Her death clears the way for both of those pushes. This point less directly related to CES scum but still something i'd like to talk about later.

Now, a look at cogito ergo sum's use of NKA / his use of dead people's reads.

In , CES says that would be where we should look given the marble kill, but the readslist in that post was heavily based around tchill being scum. One of the things marble was incredibly adamant on was that we not let CES get to lylo if town isn't winning by then. His readslist also wasn't lynch from the bottom up – he explicitly said that there was scum in the good but hard to read players.

In , he says that if he doesn't care about marble's reads then nobody will as a defense of his TSQ read. Not only is this not true in the first place, but it's kind of a misrepresentation of what marble had made clear – people who are alive at lylo when they shouldn't be need to be lynched. The fact that he doesn't mention this nuance or seem to take it into account doesn't do anything to defend his weak TSQ read, and only furthers the idea of a scumteam there.

Let's look at another TSQ interaction based on marble's reads. In , CES says that he feels good about sheeping marble's townread on TSQ because they know each other in real life and thus marble should have a good idea of how to read him. This again is just selectively choosing parts of what marble said.

– Says that postie was killed because scum preferred to take out a scummier player with unknown reads, when postie had known reads outside of eddie.

– Argues that the postie kill was to make me look better and to give me more sway to steer the lynch away from marquis. What? How does postie being dead, someone who had me as locktown, give me
more
town sway as opposed to less? If the scumteam actually cared about protecting marquis, they probably would've killed the person hard tunnelling him from day one – CES himself. The fact that he doesn't recognize this and this whole point are incredibly disingenuous.

When it comes to what dead townies have said and what the nightkills mean, CES cherrypicks the points that agree with him, ignores the ones that don't and makes disingenuous arguments.

4. VCA

I'm confident in saying that cogito ergo sum has voted only town this entire game.

The cogito ergo sum wagon never moves anywhere despite nobody really townreading him. Here are the people who have voted CES:
Day 1 – {Lycan, Ran, NSG}
Day 2 – {Eddie, Lycan}
Day 3 – {Lycan, Davsto, NSG, Ran}

Comparatively, the people who have voted marquis (excluding rvs) are:
Day 1 – {Davsto, Dunn, CES, Llama, Quick, Gamma}
Day 2 – {Ran, Eddie, Gamma, CES, Quick, Dunn}
Day 3 – {CES, Quick, Dunn, Ran, Gamma, TSQ}

The cogito ergo sum wagon doesn't take off because scum don't want it to. The marquis wagon does, the same way the eddie wagon did. If cogito ergo sum were town, his wagon should have taken off at some point during this game, but it hasn't – not even after ran was canvassing pretty hard for it.

5. Defense of himself

Cogito ergo sum's defense of himself is notably lacking and inconsistent at times.

– Ran brings up multiple valid points against CES, some of which i've talked about myself. His response is just to call the paragraph lots of spin with little substance and provide some self-meta of him as town.

– His defense of the tchill lynch is to go back to his percentages without going in-depth as to why the percentages changed.

– Discredits my push on him by discrediting both of my teammates' opinions, then tries to reduce my scumread on him to just his being on the lynches.

– People (ran) apparently take this as some incredible reason to townread CES. I've responded to this already, but i'd like to reiterate some points.

CES says that he detailed the nature of his read change on tchill – my point is that his read change is justified with incredibly poor reasoning.
I made the point that he wasn't gamesolving, and he responded that he was solving the game and wasn't interested in "brownie points". He's not solving the game. He's not really coming up with any possible partners for marquis, he's not giving any thoughts as to what happens if he's wrong, he's not really sorting anyone else or looking for townreads (as we've gone over).

– CES argues that scum marquis could just be saying that he townreads CES while a buddy of Marquis' pushes on CES, but he doesn't actually say who that buddy would be. In this same post he also talks about how he didn't like the tchill wagon, inconsistent with what he's been trying to tell me about his reasons for switching.

– Basically completely ignores the question of what happens if marquis ends up being town.

– Again discredits reads from my teammates saying that math is uninvested in the game.

6. Conclusion

Cogito ergo sum has exclusively voted town, and has voted the low-hanging fruit in marquis every day so far.

He has almost no townreads – he's keeping his options open.

He's avoided talking about what happens if marquis flips town – again, keeping his options open.

He's selectively and disingenuously used NKA and the reads of dead townies to push things like the marquis wagon.

His wagon doesn't take off because scum don't want it to. This stands in contrast to other town wagons that we've seen in the game.

Cogito Ergo Sum is Scum.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I'm going to digest that in the morning.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

THAT is a CASE!!!

VOTE: CES

I applaud you.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:02 pm

In post 3150, northsidegal wrote:CES says that he detailed the nature of his read change but he really didn't in any truly explanatory way. He's said how , but the only reasons in his iso for this are the swap and screen's desire to survive.

Day two, . Later, when Tsq asks him why he's not on the eddie wagon when he's stated that he agrees with postie's case, he says that . What?
This is what sold it for me.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:05 pm

In post 1875, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1869, Davsto wrote:
In post 1801, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:By my reckoning he's got about 55% chance of being scum.
My I ask precisely where you got this from?
I have a specific process to come up with numbers like these - I make them up. Then, after making up a number for everyone, I add up all the numbers and see if they add up to #ofscum - they probably don't, so I start changing the numbers until they do, making sure to think long and hard about how embarrassed I would be if one of my town reads turned up scum whilst doing so in order to keep my confidence in check. The idea is that the triple constraints of math, embarrassment and not wanting to underestimate my confident scum reads will lead to some semblance of truth. It's a bit involved but I prefer it to making reads list in terms of taking stock because I could actually experience how the existence of null reads like Dunn and ActionDan make me somewhat less confident in Marquis and Eddie.

Spoiler: Answer to the inevitable question
Marquis: 60%
Eddie: 55%
GE: 30%
Postie: 25%
Dunn: 25%
ActionDan: 25%
northsidegal: 20%
LQ: 20%
Davsto: 15%
Lycan: 10%
TSQ: 10%
Ranmaru: 5%
In post 1891, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1875, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1869, Davsto wrote:
In post 1801, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:By my reckoning he's got about 55% chance of being scum.
My I ask precisely where you got this from?
I have a specific process to come up with numbers like these - I make them up. Then, after making up a number for everyone, I add up all the numbers and see if they add up to #ofscum - they probably don't, so I start changing the numbers until they do, making sure to think long and hard about how embarrassed I would be if one of my town reads turned up scum whilst doing so in order to keep my confidence in check. The idea is that the triple constraints of math, embarrassment and not wanting to underestimate my confident scum reads will lead to some semblance of truth. It's a bit involved but I prefer it to making reads list in terms of taking stock because I could actually experience how the existence of null reads like Dunn and ActionDan make me somewhat less confident in Marquis and Eddie.

Spoiler: Answer to the inevitable question
Marquis: 60%
Eddie: 55%
GE: 30%
Postie: 25%
Dunn: 25%
ActionDan: 25%
northsidegal: 20%
LQ: 20%
Davsto: 15%
Lycan: 10%
TSQ: 10%
Ranmaru: 5%
Explain your method.. otherwise it just looks like you are making up numbers.
In post 1892, Thestatusquo wrote:a) he did explain his method. b) he admitted that the method involves coming up with rough guestimates of numbers and then tweaking them with different sources of information.

Sometimes its like you're not even reading the posts you're responding to?
In post 1893, Thestatusquo wrote:Like you're literally quoting the post where he's explaining his method and telling you that part of it involves making up some numbers and you're responding "EXPLAIN YOUR METHOD! OTHERWISE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE MAKING UP NUMBERS!"
In post 1894, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1892, Thestatusquo wrote:a) he did explain his method. b) he admitted that the method involves coming up with rough guestimates of numbers and then tweaking them with different sources of information.

Sometimes its like you're not even reading the posts you're responding to?
A) He did not explain his method, he literally said he was making up numbers and then arbitralily manipulating them. Seriously? What constitutes a number being what it is? That was more my question. What are these numbers based on?

B) Tell me what the numbers are based on if he explained him method.
In post 1895, Thestatusquo wrote:a) he said it was a bit arbitrary. The fact that you don't like the method does not mean he didn't explain it.

b) I'll just quote you: "he literally said he was making up numbers and then ... manipulating them"

If you think his method is bad feel free to attack it, but suggesting that he hasn't explained it when literally in your point a you say what he does because he explained it is a bad look.

And I edited out the arbitrarily in your sentence, because while its clear that some amount of the process is guess work, it doesn't look to me like anything he said about it suggests its at random.
In post 1896, Thestatusquo wrote:key word is "bit." he says the initial numbers are basically guesses.

how is that any different from posting that someone is a "town lean"

how is it different in any way besides the fact that hes trying to quantify his reads differently than you are?
In post 1898, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Shea, what do the numbers actually stand for? That's what he hasn't answered and that is what I think is the most important thing in his whole numbers thing.
In post 1901, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1889, Thestatusquo wrote:How has this never come up in any of the games I've played with you before?

Has this came up before ever?

Can you point me to other times you've talked about this method.
First time I remember using it is actually TM2012 White Flag, which is also the only game I can remember having played with you. I definitely haven't discussed this explicitly before for the same reason it may have been better to avoid having done so here.
In post 1898, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Shea, what do the numbers actually stand for? That's what he hasn't answered and that is what I think is the most important thing in his whole numbers thing.
Chance of being scum, probably, given the context.
In post 1883, Dunnstral wrote:Actually

VOTE: Marquis
Why the vote change? I mean, I kind of like it but I don't see quite what prompted it.
Complete Bull Shit! That numbers thing is just to look like you are doing something. I always had a problem with this whole thing here. Just quoting it so people can see I have my own reasons for SRing CES.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 3131, ActionDan wrote:Fumes and hot air will only propel you so far.

Your 1) 2) 3) points are laughable at best. For the first two, you're attempting to turn null-tells into scum tells and the 3rd lacks the rather important context that I spent the first half of the day voting Gamma and unvoted the post before, and was attempting to find another option for my vote that explicitly wouldn't be gamma. I think that should be a clear signal to everyone that you're attempting to find everything and anything to throw at me and call it scum motivation.

I mean that and you barely rely on the content I do produce to form a read aside from crying Boo-hoo he should have been more forceful in telling us not to lynch Eddie! the monster!
It shows how often you were posting 'tomorrow' and then never posted. You have been prodded as well. Your presence had been severely lacking, Yet you are more present now then ever. Tell me, why are you more present now? Your votes show that you only vote Dunn and Gamma. One of which is town. Early game you seem to joke vote Postie when things are already getting serious, and you don't really state anything that can progress RVS. For example, you state that you are confident that Dunn will flip scum in your #2318, but it doesn't feel like it to me.
In post 3132, ActionDan wrote:
In post 3119, Thestatusquo wrote:Also, I don't think that someones lynch pool remaining mostly static is a scum tell in any way. I think the same people are scum that I thought were scum yesterday. For the same reasons. Not much has changed in that regard imo.
This is still an outstanding question for you Ranmaru and one that I've brought up repeatingly too before.
I think it's suspicious if a person keeps the same lynch pool, when it's only based on gut, and no other game solving or any other contribution. (Besides the meta case) I feel like Shea did plenty in Day 1, but much less Day 3. I feel like he is getting lazy.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 3095, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Well, I managed to sort of write up 2 of my reads. Let's pretend that this is a good start.

Marquis: Marquis is scum. His play is performative and lacking in pro-town intent (e.g. he made a big show of wanting to cooperate with me but hasn't answered the question I asked 2 hours later). His entrance was awkward and he then lurked his way out of the resulting pressure (he admits as much in which is also an example of him being performative with the 1)2)3) righteous indignation angle). Another example is him popping in at the end of D1 and being more focussed on working in the claim that he wouldn't pick scum naturally into his posting than on what was actually going on in the game (i.e. the Screenplaylynch). Yet another example is - just look at his explanations for his read on me and GE or that last paragraph, he's talking to an audience trying to look town. His vote on Ranmaru is the most textbook example of him trying to look town (i.e. the classic scum vote against the grain); I don't actually think this is the most compelling example but certainly the most easy to digest.

ActionDan: quite a bit less confident in this read as I don't strong vibes from most of his posting either way, so this ends up being more about a few specific ones. One point is his behaviour around the Eddiewagon - I don't get how as town you think it important enough to mention Eddie's alignment preference on page 6 when no-one's suspicious of him but don't find it important enough to reiterate this fact during Day 2, when the Eddielynch seemed the most likely outcome of that Day basically right from the start; he only gets round to defending him one real-life day before the end (I also have some niggling feelings about the structure of but I think the timing was sufficiently bad that ADscum wouldn't have to skimp on the content). My other issue with AD was in his recent response to Ranmaru's push - I really don't like his accusation in (reiterated in ) that Ranmaru led 2 mislynches; that doesn't match how I see the game at all and I think holding mislynches against townies is something scum really like to do.
I actually like this post. Especially since Marquis seems content on doing nothing really. He's not even trying. I can actually see that he's not even trying to have a conversation with yourself or me. He's also being hypocritical, before my push on him, he accused me of trying to shade town reads, when I was pushing Shea. Then after my push on him, he says I'm just trying to push weaker players like himself. Yet I was just pushing Shea before that. So why does he *really* have a problem with me. Also note, that he had me as a top town read below Shea, and I asked him why he was town reading me. He never answered. Also take note that he was trying to pocket me Day 1.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 3143, northsidegal wrote:Ran, if dan's lynch isn't happening today (which it isn't), where would your vote be going?
Marquis. I think scum are [Dan, Marquis, Shea]. (Least confident about Shea)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3155, Ranmaru wrote: It shows how often you were posting 'tomorrow' and then never posted. You have been prodded as well. Your presence had been severely lacking, Yet you are more present now then ever. Tell me, why are you more present now?
does this make him scum, somehow?
I think it's suspicious if a person keeps the same lynch pool, when it's only based on gut, and no other game solving or any other contribution. (Besides the meta case) I feel like Shea did plenty in Day 1, but much less Day 3. I feel like he is getting lazy.
you realize this perfectly describes cogito ergo sum, yes?

mathdino is saying that he thinks you're very biased by who's supporting the wagon you're currently on, and that effort isn't AI for marquis.

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 58, ActionDan wrote:
In post 36, Marquis wrote:For the record nsg is scum-tryharding as opposed to postie town-tryharding. The difference is in the reactiveness (?) or general gist of that
NSG looks like NSG here. What you'd call scum-tryharding I'd call NAI. But I 100% disagree with your postie assessment and think as NSG as said, it comes off as forced. "forced" really isn't doing it justice actually, it's more like a cross-examination that where any one line of inquiry splits into two arbitrarily ad nauseam.
In post 17, ActionDan wrote:Ellibereth might be a neutral organizer of the event but our team has harnessed his power; we have learned the sacred scum hunting techniques and have inherited his scum prowess.

VOTE: Postie
In post 15, Marquis wrote:VOTE: north
In post 24, Marquis wrote:
In post 21, Postie wrote:
In post 19, Marquis wrote:Someone ttm
Hi! Why did you vote for north
Probably the same reason you did!

---

NSG, I just want to show you why I feel Scum are trying to set you up as their 'fall girl'. It's right above. Marquis votes you and puts himself an in awkward position, to link himself to you on his scum flip. Dan, on the other hand, votes Postie (your attacker) to show a veiled chainsaw. (Essentially, he's pseudo defending you by attacking your attacker) Either flip implicates you, but I think you are town and they are doing so as a red herring since this is white flag, and they'd rather draw fake connections instead of bus.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 3158, northsidegal wrote:does this make him scum, somehow?
I would think so, yes. I don't see a pro-town reason for him to come out of the woodworks when his established pattern of presence was much less then that.
In post 3158, northsidegal wrote:you realize this perfectly describes cogito ergo sum, yes?

mathdino is saying that he thinks you're very
biased by who's supporting the wagon you're currently on, and that effort isn't AI for marquis
His isn't based on gut, and I can actually follow it. I am confused, can you elaborate further on this. Also, who's scum on a CES town flip? Who's scum on a CES scum flip?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Ran, if you're back to marquis scum, then respond to these?
Spoiler:
In post 2549, northsidegal wrote:from what i can tell most people's marquis scumreads are just from him not doing anything, but i don't think that reality and the idea of him being scum go together realistically. like, the reads that he's given today are completely wild and seem utterly inconsistent with any scum agenda: quick and davsto scumread in to dunn/ran scumreads in and a ran vote just don't make sense to me if marquis is scum. it's utterly inconsistent with any realistic scum agenda i could think of and heavily indicates to me town that can't get into the game rather than scum. combine that with and you see why i'm confident that marquis is the lynchbait.

ran, i really think you need to get off of this wagon. vote cogito ergo sum with me?
In post 2602, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2556, Ranmaru wrote:Marquis's #2517 is why he is scum. This is the post he would make in a game with PR's, where he would claim VT, to gain the reaction NSG has given in her #2549. Since there are no claims in this game, the best Marquis can do is make that post to survive and seem townie.
This is why I call your case confbiased, Ran. You're starting off with an explanation of why, as scum, marquis is
doing something
, but not of why he's scum in the first place. Why doesn't this post come from town marquis?
It would be fine if he actually tried to sort people and gave effort but he just sits there without doing anything else. He doesn't actually make use of his vote in the best way possible, which would be to wagon CES.
Sure, he's not doing much – why is it scum and not town who just can't get into the game? I've given reasons for why I think it's town who can't get into the game – what are your reasons for the contrary? Also, if marquis isn't scumreading CES, why would you expect him to vote there?
Marquis's #24 still looks forced, it again feels like a buddy voting a buddy to salvage their mistake since to them, it's magnified so they feel they have to fix it. Here Marquis mentions his read on NSG #42, but doesn't reply to Action Dan's #58, ever. That is also the time NSG stops replying, until she gets back in with her #138. I again stress the point that, scum would not weaken their position for any good reason but to progress their own win condition, and salvaging a buddy seems like what happened. Marquis lurked until his #381, giving excuses of being sick. In his #455 he looks at his wagon and picks Quick as being the most likely scum on his wagon, that's the most game content he shares on Day 1.
Stop doing pre-flip and just stop scumreading me in the first place. Like, I know it's not a convincing argument to say this and it normally bothers me when other people say this, but just stop scumreading me in the first place. This day will be far more productive and (in my opinion) likely to end in a scum lynch if you start there. Seriously – your team has me as hard town, postie literally had me as locktown, and i would literally
never
choose scum here. How much of your marquis scumread remains if you consider that i'm never partnered with him because i'm never scum in the first place?

In fact, (and this is something mathdino was talking to me about), who
do
you think marquis makes sense with as scum? Because just on a surface level analysis i think the fact that pretty much everyone seems okay with this lynch should be raising major flags for you. "But bussing!" i hear someone think – yes, bussing exists in white flag, but i wouldn't say it would ever happen on as nonsensical a level as this. I don't think anybody is getting major towncred from this lynch given that marquis is basically not around to give any interactions or do any theater to try to clear a scumbuddy. scum bussing here would basically just be putting themselves one lynch away from an instant loss when, if marquis were scum, there would be different and not much more difficult mislynch options available.
It doesn't make sense.

He doesn't even vote LQ until Screenplay is hammered, in his #1226. That vote was very badly timed. Marquis's #1466 shows that his early push on NSG was a farce, alongside him not actually considering Dan's point of view.
Do you expect someone to have the exact same read 1000 posts later that they did on page two? Also, he elaborated on his read on me in – does his reasoning there change anything, to you?
His #1481 reads to me as something he'd post to try to seem townie and leave the thread again without any further input, and a vote on LQ. #1493.

So in general: Marquis knows that early game is important to be in for a good position but screws that up, and gets wagoned, and lurks out of it to survive. His vote in EOD is badly timed, to cover for the fact that he has had no presence or intention to check in thread before. He checks in D2 to try to seem townie, and in D3 he tries to AtE a 'give up' post since there are no claims. He tries to seem townie to live, and isn't trying to progress the game. He is going to get lynched today. It is time.
You have again given reasons for why he would do something as scum but not for why those action makes him scum in the first place.

I really don't want to be spending time defending marquis like this – i would much rather be trying to figure out viable scumteams with you. it's just that i think you're pointed in the entirely wrong direction.

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Yes, I'll get to that. I want to ask what you think of his recent posts, by the way. Then compare it to how you are reading Dunn.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3160, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 3158, northsidegal wrote:does this make him scum, somehow?
I would think so, yes. I don't see a pro-town reason for him to come out of the woodworks when his established pattern of presence was much less then that.
Are you saying it would be pro-town of him to continue his low activity?
In post 3158, northsidegal wrote:you realize this perfectly describes cogito ergo sum, yes?

mathdino is saying that he thinks you're very
biased by who's supporting the wagon you're currently on, and that effort isn't AI for marquis
His isn't based on gut, and I can actually follow it. I am confused, can you elaborate further on this. Also, who's scum on a CES town flip? Who's scum on a CES scum flip?
CES' reasons aren't based on gut, they're based on very poor reasoning (as i went over in that huge case at the top of this page). Sincerely doubt cogito ergo sum flips town. If he does, it's some weird team with dunnstral. Scum probably won't bus CES, but the scumteam is {CES, TSQ, Dunnstral} i'm pretty sure. At the very least, lynching CES into {TSQ/Dunnstral} in any order should win the game.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3162, Ranmaru wrote:Yes, I'll get to that. I want to ask what you think of his recent posts, by the way. Then compare it to how you are reading Dunn.
i think they're pretty much following the same pattern as i've gone over before. what's the comparison you're mkaing there with dunn?

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Only comparison in my mind is that Marquis is suspicious to me, while Dunn is null. Only concern I have with Dunn now is that he's not voting nor is he helping right now, and posting else where. I would expect both will be lynched either way. I just suspect Marquis will be the red flip. I also think Marquis's recent posts are those of a survival instinct. Can you talk to me more about the bias thing?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Do you have anything to say about that massive case at the top of the page there? Also, to pull a you for a moment, waiting for responses to and .

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I've been reading it, and will comment later with my input on it. (Would you rather I give input as soon as I get a chance, or after CES responds to it?) By the way, the weather is fine. I may take a nap though as I am tired. Anyway, in the case we get this wrong today, I really do want you, Lycanfire, Quick, and Gamma to try hard to re-evaluate and find the right scum once I am killed at night. Has KMD gotten a chance to read up on the game any further?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

This is why me and chamber always say cases are scummy. It's just a cavalcade of nonsense and it's very obvious a lot of it is just ripped from its context or hasn't been given much thought. It just creates the impression that there has to be something there because of its size.

I'll give a detailed reply as soon I can, but the fact that she claims that the reasons for my scum read on Marquis haven't changed when my very last summarizes exactly why I'm currently scum reading Marquis (and it's not like I hadn't talked about those things before).
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 am

In post 3150, northsidegal wrote:Let's start back at the start of the game. CES and never explains why. He later calls for wagons, and again never explains why. Llamarble , saying that he doesn't understand why he'd want that as town. This is CES' response:
In post 216, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's not always about you, 'marble.
He later describes this vote as something he chose to do instead of putting down a serious vote on the marquis wagon.
The opening paragraph sets the tone for how much of this is going to go:
  • Vague intimations of scummitude (I have no idea why it'd be scummy that I wanted dueling 'marble-Marquis wagons (it's easy: dueling wagons means people have to make choices but because the options are 'marble and Marquis, on the whole we're also basically guaranteed to make the right choice which is lynching Marquis (I acknowledge that this was slightly silly)))
  • Outright inaccuracies (I explained my 'marblevote in )
  • Leaving out relevant context (i.e. Marquis was on 5 votes this entire time).
He calls Marquis the (Dunn, Marquis, Wgeurts), and again doesn't explain why.
I literally do give a reason why Marquis was the scummiest in that post ("when his posts have a) been scummier and his lurking has been more in the style of a scumbag?") - the first point is admittedly not convincing without context but I was talking specifically to 'marble who did seem to agree with me that Marquis' early posting was scummy; the second point could admittedly use more context (i.e. Marquis' lurking was in response to a wagon whereas Dunn's and Wgeurts' wasn't) but again I was talking to 'marble specifically, not a general audience.
He makes a lot of posts just calling marquis scummy around this time still without explaining why before finally talking about it in . What were his reasons? "Awkward tone" and meta from one scumgame in 2015 that he never really explains in any depth. As far as I can tell,
these are still the reasons he's scumreading Marquis
, along with lurking. It goes without saying, but these reasons are both very easily fakeable and are apparently good enough for CES for that single read to last the entire game.
I have talked about the meta point - it was specifically in relation to Marquis' "Please hold as I forward you to a representative"-nonsense; he used a similarly annoying affectation in the linked scum game (albeit for longer). I obviously just gave a summary of my Marquisread in that I encourage everyone to read but anyone who's been reading my Day 3 posts with any sort of attention should know your core claim here is just outright false.
He briefly , perhaps influenced by marble's questioning of postie in the previous post. He again only explains this much later, saying that . In that same post he says that he obviously agrees with the gist of the eddie case, but that he still thinks it would be an easy thing for postie to focus on if she were scum. All of these opinions are contradictory to eachother.

His comes for Gamma's case in , but again he only barely explains this until much later, with a vague comment about Gamma's case being "accusatory" in . He goes into more detail in , saying that Gamma was being awkward and looked concerned with how justified his votes were. This is another weak read, and he pretty much entirely drops this point and doesn't bring it up again – you know, after the consensus largely came to be that gamma is town.
I'm sure I've talked about this before but I was just superbusy during that time (I think my longest post during that week came in the interval of a magic show). I was definitely influenced by 'marble questioning of postie because I knew I didn't have the time to single-handedly shift the lynch away from Tchill and I was hoping 'marble would be able to help. Similar deal with the Gammavote; I was throwing it out there more out of hope than any real expectation of success.

W.r.t. to my Postievote specifically, there's no contradiction there. I can see multiple posts that seem in my eyes to focus on looking good over scumhunting ( seriously is a post that a) looks good to most players and b) accomplishes absolutely nothing) but those posts were (generally?) not the ones about Eddie. I make that clear in the post you link ("I have a harder time judging her play since the Eddiepush started").

W.r.t. to my Gammavote specifically, I acknowledge that it's a weak read, which is why I only gave it upon being prompted by ranmaru. There hasn't been any reason to talk about it since (I'll admit that I haven't gotten round to taking a closer look at GE's more recent play with all that's been happening; I was going to do that for the reads post that I never found the time for fully).
I've talked a lot about CES' read on tchill/screenplay, but let's really go over his progression there.
– Brings up two points that make tchill scummy, one point that makes him towny. Describes it as a "wagon driven by relatively crude heuristics."
– Pretty much doesn't take any stance on tchill, talks about how the lurking doesn't affect his read.
– The swap makes him feel better about the wagon.
– Argues that screen being willing to swap means it's more likely that the tchill slot is scum here.
– When responding to ran, describes how the scumread on postie seems more convincing to him than the eddie part, which "doesn't really sway [him]".
– Hammer.

CES says that he detailed the nature of his read change but he really didn't in any truly explanatory way. He's said how , but the only reasons in his iso for this are the swap and screen's desire to survive.
I appreciate the amount of context you've included because it shows how much of a nothingburger this is. Screenplay went from basically null to slightly scummy as a result of essentially those two reasons. As you point out, I explained in why I thought the swap was scummy. It's not screen's desire to survive that I found scummy (town obviously does also want to) but the absence of much else, which I think is self-evidently scummy (certainly on D1 in White Flag this will be scum's only motive). Your comment on should say "the Tchill part" and it shouldn't be too surprising because it was Screenplay's actions that led me to think the slot was slightly scummy.
That just refers to the fact that we need to lynch 2 scum to win the game (in context it provided a nice contrast - 2 vs 1). I was worried about the exact situation that I think we find ourselves in now: Eddie's town, Marquis is scum and my credibility has been undermined by me joining the Eddiewagon.
He later jumps on the Eddie wagon with no real indication as to why the switch.

That's because my vote for Eddie essentially came down to me letting go of the more strategic approach and just voting with the goal of getting what I thought was a good lynch. It was prompted by me explaining my reads to Ranmaru and at that point I just felt that I was being somewhat condescending by trying to game the system in order to secure my preferred lynch (i.e. intentionally not joining the Eddiewagon when it was my natural inclination to do so in order to keep my credibility intact for a Marquislynch).
Let's examine all of the reasons CES has voted people for, this game:
-Lurking
-Awkward wording
-Looking more good than actually solving the game (this vote never went anywhere, however)
-RVS? (Llamarble)

First of all, these reasons are, as a whole, surface level. It was llamarble who said that if CES doesn't lynch scum then he's probably scum himself – given that this is what CES has been pushing people on, I'm inclined to trust that. Next, all of his scumreads have been opportunistic – on players that looked lynchable (notable is that dunnstral is an exception to this, with a very weak reason from CES – this lends credence to my view of the scumteam). Marquis has always been a viable wagon. Tchill and eddie both actually went through. Gamma looked viable for a bit, and that's when CES voted / scumread him. His postie vote followed llamarble placing a bit of pressure there and again stopped afterwards. It's all agenda-driven.

A quick review of team mafia 2015 indicated that he didn't vote lurkers all the time. He seemed to have fairly well-developed reads that don't compare with his fairly robotic scumhunting this game.
This is mainly a reiteration of your italicized claim about the Marquisread but you've additionally managed to miss out my reasons for voting Eddie!

I know what 'marble said but I'm also pretty sure he didn't say "If I, 'marble, get Tchill mislynched and CES helps get Eddie mislynched, then CES has to be scum." That's a ridiculously overzealous reading of what 'marble said - I am not magic and we also lynched town D1 and D2 last White Flag (and I was unquestionably more culpable in that game than here). In your summary you've managed to hold both my acquiescence to the Tchilllynch and my attempts to prevent the Tchilllynch by voting Postie and GE against me as if they're even comparable to my more serious votes on Eddie and Marquis.
2. Undeveloped Townreads

Here's a list of every time i could fine where CES calls someone "town":

– He talks about a "nice town tell" from tchill but still evidently scumreads him (if his behavior is anything to go off of).

– Says that i had a "townish line".

– Describes how one of quick's posts shows a pro-town mindset, but ultimately comes to the non-conclusion of "It's not hard to find scummy posts by Lickitung but it's not hard to find townie posts by him either."

– Calls lycan town for scumreading him, calls tsq "sheaey", so wants to sheep llamarble's read on him.

– Says that Ran is his strongest townread.

– Says that davsto generally sounds town, but that he needs to take a closer look.

– Quick is solidly town.

I'm pretty sure that's it. He's barely mentioned a large amount of the playerlist, and for the reads that he has mentioned, his reasons are always self-admittedly weak.

He's keeping his options open.
It's absolutely true that I don't tend to focus on my town reads. Mafia is about lynches and out of Lycanfire, Ranmaru and LQ, maybe Lickitung was in some risk of being lynched at some point when I was less confident in my scum read, so it should be fairly natural that that also held here. Tchill was a null read of mine when I made which I've made abundantly clear and I did talk about him precisely because
he was
at the risk of being lynched.
Look back at team mafia 2015 – a huge difference in how he approaches townreads. He's not playing the same at all, and i'm fairly confident it's because he's scum.
If you want to quote meta evidence, actually quote (or link) it because this doesn't pass the smell test and this whole case is long enough that people aren't exactly going to be incentivised to read my iso in another game too.
3. NKA

Let's examine llama and postie and their relation to cogito ergo sum.

First, llamarble's mentions of cogito ergo sum.
– Says to lynch CES in lylo no matter what. Can't imagine why CES called for dueling Marble/Marquis wagons if he was town.
– Calls CES null, and makes the point that strong players always appear town early on.
– Says again to lynch CES in lylo, mentions that he's been buddied by CES as scum before and to not let it happen this game.
– Calls CES the first alternate to his scumreads
– Put CES in his scumteam.
– Reiterates to lynch CES in lylo.
– Says that he could could "easily believe" a scumteam with CES in it.
– Same as before.
– Lays out a lynch order where CES is first on the chopping block if tchill flips town.
– This one is important – says to give CES some time,
but if town isn't winning before LyLo, CES is scum
. He also advocates lynching whoever is left in lylo that should've been nightkilled.
Says that CES should be lower on Ran's readslist.
– Places CES in the category of "don't let live to lylo".

As an aside, Llamarble's thoughts on marquis were that , and his lynch order had town leaving him alive until lylo. The llamarble kill day one is a point against marquis scum unless marquis is also scum with one of the people in marble's lynch order.
This is just a very elaborate of describing that I had a slightly lame start, 'marble scumread me for it a bit but dropped that nonsense by the end of D1 and went back to generic stuff. I don't think you're taking what 'marble's saying all that seriously because then you might be more inclined to actually give me Marquislynch. There's also the fact that 'marble would've been nightkilled by 90% of all scum teams anyway, so this is all a wash.

(As an illustration of how hard it is to respond to all of the nonsense in this post, there's also the separate point that nsg's comment on creates a connection between tchill flipping town and me being scum that just isn't there in the original post.)
When it comes to postie, there's very little indication that postie would have gone after marquis and she had me as locktown. Her death clears the way for both of those pushes. This point less directly related to CES scum but still something i'd like to talk about later.
I also don't think there was any indication she would've opposed it either.
Now, a look at cogito ergo sum's use of NKA / his use of dead people's reads.

In , CES says that would be where we should look given the marble kill, but the readslist in that post was heavily based around tchill being scum. One of the things marble was incredibly adamant on was that we not let CES get to lylo if town isn't winning by then. His readslist also wasn't lynch from the bottom up – he explicitly said that there was scum in the good but hard to read players.
This manages us to be inaccurate in 3 different ways. In (it's the third reply), I'm questioning you why you jumped to as a point of reference when clearly 'marble's thoughts had evolved since then. is very clearly meant as a last reads list, before he dies, and there's no indication that it's predicated on tchill being scum (and it'd be weird for it be so, given that 'marble was generally to cover all eventualities). I also certainly never implied that it was lynch-from-the-bottom-up; I just linked it.
In , he says that if he doesn't care about marble's reads then nobody will as a defense of his TSQ read. Not only is this not true in the first place, but it's kind of a misrepresentation of what marble had made clear – people who are alive at lylo when they shouldn't be need to be lynched. The fact that he doesn't mention this nuance or seem to take it into account doesn't do anything to defend his weak TSQ read, and only furthers the idea of a scumteam there.

Let's look at another TSQ interaction based on marble's reads. In , CES says that he feels good about sheeping marble's townread on TSQ because they know each other in real life and thus marble should have a good idea of how to read him. This again is just selectively choosing parts of what marble said.
I don't count you quotemining 'marble for nonsense so I would say it is true that people generally don't care about 'marble's reads (I want people to care-care, not "I can use NKA to bolster my argument"-care). It's not LyLo now or even necessarily close to LyLo so I don't see how that part of 'marble's reads should have come up in my explanation for why I was town reading Shea.
– Says that postie was killed because scum preferred to take out a scummier player with unknown reads, when postie had known reads outside of eddie.
Relatively unknown reads, yeah. I don't know what Postie would've done D3 and I think it was implicitly clear from your point on Marquis and Postie that you don't either.

– Argues that the postie kill was to make me look better and to give me more sway to steer the lynch away from marquis. What? How does postie being dead, someone who had me as locktown, give me
more
town sway as opposed to less? If the scumteam actually cared about protecting marquis, they probably would've killed the person hard tunnelling him from day one – CES himself. The fact that he doesn't recognize this and this whole point are incredibly disingenuous.[/quote]
Saying that I "argue[d] that" is an overstatement; I theorized it but also said the previous possibility was more likely. I would say that Postie being dead gives you more town sway because it means you can explicitly invoke a dead townie's word to get people on your side (as you have done a few times); a living Postie is more helpful in keeping you alive but I think less helpful in terms of getting the town to do what you want. It's true that nightkilling me would've been a more direct way of protecting Marquis but I also really wasn't expecting to be nightkilled given Lycanfire's hateboner for me. Assuming Lycanfire's town, that's just a guaranteed mislynch for scum at some point.
I'm confident in saying that cogito ergo sum has voted only town this entire game.
If you assume I'm scum and my targets have been scum, then that is probably true, yes.
The cogito ergo sum wagon never moves anywhere despite nobody really townreading him. Here are the people who have voted CES:
Day 1 – {Lycan, Ran, NSG}
Day 2 – {Eddie, Lycan}
Day 3 – {Lycan, Davsto, NSG, Ran}

Comparatively, the people who have voted marquis (excluding rvs) are:
Day 1 – {Davsto, Dunn, CES, Llama, Quick, Gamma}
Day 2 – {Ran, Eddie, Gamma, CES, Quick, Dunn}
Day 3 – {CES, Quick, Dunn, Ran, Gamma, TSQ}

The cogito ergo sum wagon doesn't take off because scum don't want it to. The marquis wagon does, the same way the eddie wagon did. If cogito ergo sum were town, his wagon should have taken off at some point during this game, but it hasn't – not even after ran was canvassing pretty hard for it.
Maybe it's just because Marquis has been scummier than me? Both dead townies that are included in those sets ('marble and Eddie) were on Marquis. Also pretty sure LQ voted me at some point before this but I'm pretty sure it's a completely arbitrary point regardless.

I'm going to have lunch now and reply to sections 5 and 6. Thanks for wasting hours of my time, northsidegal, it's really appreciated.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:22 am

In post 3150, northsidegal wrote:
5. Defense of himself

Cogito ergo sum's defense of himself is notably lacking and inconsistent at times.

– Ran brings up multiple valid points against CES, some of which i've talked about myself. His response is just to call the paragraph lots of spin with little substance and provide some self-meta of him as town.
That paragraph
was spin
. Ran wasn't saying stuff like "CES did X and I think that's scummy because Y"; he said stuff like "In his and his he is voting town" about my near-deadline Postie and GE votes when we didn't know either was town (Postie hadn't flipped yet) and without any consideration of context. I linked a recent town game of mine because I worried that I had previously linked him some games wherein I had done some sweet scumhunting and he was expecting too much, too fast from me. (I also don't like the phrase "self-meta of him" here; self-meta is a distinct thing wherein you analyze your own play; most people won't click through to the post and assume that's what I was doing when I merely linked a game of mine.)
– His defense of the tchill lynch is to go back to his percentages without going in-depth as to why the percentages changed.
You're right that works badly as a defense of the tchilllynch. It does however work perfectly as a response to the bit of . If you claim I had a town read on Tchill when I clearly didn't, obviously I'm going to refute that.

But let's take the bigger picture. This whole conversation started with your in which you state you had a problem with my "sudden switch to thinking that [the Tchillwagon] landed on scum" - since I never actually expected the Tchillwagon to land on scum, my response focused on the exact nature of my reads change and why that reads change led me to hammer. If you're claiming now all your problem all along was my exact reasons for the reads change, then I don't get a) why we had such a long back-and-forth where you kept misstating my position when apparently that wasn't important to you and b) why you didn't talk about either reason I gave.
– Discredits my push on him by discrediting both of my teammates' opinions, then tries to reduce my scumread on him to just his being on the lynches.
You yourself called kmd's reads outdated, but again, that post is not me defending myself, it's engaging with you. You started with Day 3 with a whole bunch of stuff but it was all from your team mates and you were just completely in the background. So I tried to pull you in the foreground and have you actually talk about the team stuff you posted (something I still haven't managed you to do despite multiple attempts). And then in my parenthetical statement I correctly pointed out that your team's scum read (not your scum read, your team's) amounted purely to "he voted for a townie; I don't buy the vote" in different colours.
– People (ran) apparently take this as some incredible reason to townread CES. I've responded to this already, but i'd like to reiterate some points.

CES says that he detailed the nature of his read change on tchill – my point is that his read change is justified with incredibly poor reasoning.
Again, if it was justified with such poor reasoning and that was your whole issue, then why did you never talk about the reasoning? I have no idea why you disagree the swap or Screenplay's hyperfocus on survival was scummy, let alone why you're now claiming it's incredibly poor reasoning.
I made the point that he wasn't gamesolving, and he responded that he was solving the game and wasn't interested in "brownie points". He's not solving the game. He's not really coming up with any possible partners for marquis, he's not giving any thoughts as to what happens if he's wrong, he's not really sorting anyone else or looking for townreads (as we've gone over).
I very expressly didn't say I was solving the game. I said I was trying to win the game; I agree I don't particularly care for gamesolving these days - a good example of that would be The Third Fortnight wherein I incidentally found the whole scum team on Day 1 but, since the win conditions were bit wonky and meant mentioning it would provide no benefit to me personally, I literally didn't say it during the game. My approach is simply to identify the play that I see as most likely to lead to a town win and then try to make that happen - right now that's a Marquislynch so that's where my focus has been.

I did actually write up a response to Marquis' rhetorical question about what would happen if he flipped town whilst I was in a "just respond to as much as I can" mood on the phone but then that got swallowed and I came to my senses a little bit. I just think it's fundamentally a distraction from what I want to focus on.
– CES argues that scum marquis could just be saying that he townreads CES while a buddy of Marquis' pushes on CES, but he doesn't actually say who that buddy would be. In this same post he also talks about how he didn't like the tchill wagon, inconsistent with what he's been trying to tell me about his reasons for switching.
I was arguing against a too cramped conception of what Marquisscum would do; I certainly wasn't arguing that a buddy of Marquis was necessarily pushing me (hence the e.g. in ) and while I do think either you or Davsto could easily be that buddy, I think mentioning either of your names would've only detracted from the argument by needless specificity. I did say in that post that I didn't like the Tchilllynch, simply in the sense of "I'm not happy that this lynch is happening" (this is pre-Screenplay, obviously); I assume you're reading something else into it but I don't know what that would be.
– Basically completely ignores the question of what happens if marquis ends up being town.
That'd be a valid complaint if Ranmaru had asked me. I was just talking about my approach to the game; I didn't talk about what happens if Marquis ends up being scum either; I was simply talking in more general terms and it would've been just completely weird if I had gone into details about either hypothetical in that post.
– Again discredits reads from my teammates saying that math is uninvested in the game.
And again the purpose of that post was to get a response out of you. I did say math wasn't "that invested", which doesn't seem unfair and was relevant to the question of why you posted her comment uncritically, without e.g. fact-checking it.

And I don't need to respond to section 6 because it's just a summary of the previous stuff. Huzzah, I can go do work now!

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:02 am

In post 3168, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:This is why me and chamber always say cases are scummy. It's just a cavalcade of nonsense and it's very obvious a lot of it is just ripped from its context or hasn't been given much thought. It just creates the impression that there has to be something there because of its size.

I'll give a detailed reply as soon I can, but the fact that she claims that the reasons for my scum read on Marquis haven't changed when my very last summarizes exactly why I'm currently scum reading Marquis (and it's not like I hadn't talked about those things before).
The fuck are you talking about? North's case is based on and made based on the evidence of what you have actually done. I would say if North made an error, it is not providing enough of their own thoughts on what these things mean.. not like she has to. It's pretty self explanatory why why you have done is Scummy to anyone who knows what Scummy behavior looks like.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:29 am

In post 3171, LicketyQuickety wrote:North's case is based on and made based on the evidence of what you have actually done.
In the sense that movies are based on a true story, maybe. You can read my detailed response for yourself if you want but let me also give you what I consider to be probably the most egregrious example:

She writes:
In post 3150, northsidegal wrote:In , CES says that would be where we should look given the marble kill, but the readslist in that post was heavily based around tchill being scum. One of the things marble was incredibly adamant on was that we not let CES get to lylo if town isn't winning by then. His readslist also wasn't lynch from the bottom up – he explicitly said that there was scum in the good but hard to read players.
She's accusing me of cherry-picking a reads list by 'marble that has been made obsolete by the tchillflip, leaving out incriminating info on me and apparently also misrepresenting the nature of said reads list. That's scummy behaviour she's describing, no doubt about it. Now let's look at the relevant part of :
In post 1557, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1456, northsidegal wrote:Me and mathdino both agree that llamarble was killed to break up town cohesion, and that the post we should all be looking at is . To that end, he thinks that postie vs tsq is a pointless debate to have as that'll be resolved itself as the game goes on.
Wouldn't be the obvious post to look at if that was your point of view?
It's literally just me asking nsg why she is looking at rather than . Why did I pick ? Simply because it was 'marble's last posted (and therefore most up-to-date) reads list; the =======[] icon at the end also signifies fairly clearly that it's explicitly intended as a last reads list. I don't know why she picked but even if you think it's the more relevant reads list to look at, I still have no clue as to what's supposed to be the scum intent about asking her. As to the point that was heavily based on Tchillscum, that's contradicted by its first line: "I think we're well set up to win even if the first day or two don't go how we hope."

This happens again and again throughout the case: nsg accuses me of something that does sound self-evidently scummy but then if you click on the link(s) and read the relevant post(s) or if you know the relevant context, the accusation just melts away. This is what happens when someone writes a big case, they don't pay attention to their points, they don't give it much thought, they just make a big impressive-looking list and make the target deal with it. I've had to spend a ridiculous amount of time I still didn't get round to pointing out everything that was misleading and provide the full context to every point (e.g. the example I gave in this post also features in my rebuttal but I didn't go into as much detail).

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I'm at work, will respond to NSG and comment on her case after I get home. CES, can you comment on my Action Dan case?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:50 am

In post 3172, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 3171, LicketyQuickety wrote:North's case is based on and made based on the evidence of what you have actually done.
In the sense that movies are based on a true story, maybe. You can read my detailed response for yourself if you want but let me also give you what I consider to be probably the most egregrious example:

She writes:
In post 3150, northsidegal wrote:In , CES says that would be where we should look given the marble kill, but the readslist in that post was heavily based around tchill being scum. One of the things marble was incredibly adamant on was that we not let CES get to lylo if town isn't winning by then. His readslist also wasn't lynch from the bottom up – he explicitly said that there was scum in the good but hard to read players.
She's accusing me of cherry-picking a reads list by 'marble that has been made obsolete by the tchillflip, leaving out incriminating info on me and apparently also misrepresenting the nature of said reads list. That's scummy behaviour she's describing, no doubt about it. Now let's look at the relevant part of :
In post 1557, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1456, northsidegal wrote:Me and mathdino both agree that llamarble was killed to break up town cohesion, and that the post we should all be looking at is . To that end, he thinks that postie vs tsq is a pointless debate to have as that'll be resolved itself as the game goes on.
Wouldn't be the obvious post to look at if that was your point of view?
It's literally just me asking nsg why she is looking at rather than . Why did I pick ? Simply because it was 'marble's last posted (and therefore most up-to-date) reads list; the =======[] icon at the end also signifies fairly clearly that it's explicitly intended as a last reads list. I don't know why she picked but even if you think it's the more relevant reads list to look at, I still have no clue as to what's supposed to be the scum intent about asking her. As to the point that was heavily based on Tchillscum, that's contradicted by its first line: "I think we're well set up to win even if the first day or two don't go how we hope."

This happens again and again throughout the case: nsg accuses me of something that does sound self-evidently scummy but then if you click on the link(s) and read the relevant post(s) or if you know the relevant context, the accusation just melts away. This is what happens when someone writes a big case, they don't pay attention to their points, they don't give it much thought, they just make a big impressive-looking list and make the target deal with it. I've had to spend a ridiculous amount of time I still didn't get round to pointing out everything that was misleading and provide the full context to every point (e.g. the example I gave in this post also features in my rebuttal but I didn't go into as much detail).
Apparently, you missed the point where I said Llama was a threat because of their ability to figure out the game
eventually
[regarding shea, but it applies elsewhere as well]. Given this is likely the case and given that she WAS SRing you and put into place precautions in case she dies and you make it far into the game without lynching Scum, I see more reason to believe what North is telling us than what you are. It's a perfectly legitimate POV to say that because of what Llama said about you that she was possibly fear killed because of that.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”