Newbie 694 (over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:CR; I am not trying to say you are scummy, I'm trying to say that I don't think 11 days will make a difference.

Glad to see the replacement, though; thanks Dipstick, and thanks hasdfgas.

Westbrook and Dipstick; you two are the most suspicious to me, and to most, although this is based entirely on the actions of your predecessors. The best thing that both of you can do to remove suspicion from yourselves would be some long, detailed posts analyzing who you think looks the most suspicious and why.
FoS GIEFF

Why are you telling them how to remove suspicion? If these players aren't scum, then their play should reflect it. These seems like coaching to me.

Also, long, detailed posts don't necessarily make someone town. Good suspicion and clear posts can come in the form of very small posts.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I am telling them how to remove suspicion in an effort to get this game moving. He said it was his second game, so I'm letting him know how to play it.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:I am telling them how to remove suspicion in an effort to get this game moving. He said it was his second game, so I'm letting him know how to play it.
I understand that you are "trying to help them play the game."

It's just the way you did it is suspicious. Why tell them how to get rid of suspicion?

And in your opinion, is a player who posts like you stated pro-town?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Dipstick »

Well, its VERY believable how my predecessors could be on ANYONES scumdar...

For some reason, these people made me suspicious:
infamous (Also wanted day phase to end quickly... "Are we ever gonna lynch someone?" though, could also want the game to go quicker, like everyone else... )
Xtoxm (Seemed to want the day phase to end quickly, meaning that they could be Mafia (so they could kill at night). Though, everyone wants the game to go quicker... Not really suspicous about them ANYMORE...)

Though, I havnt been able to find ANYTHING good on anyone, because not enough discussion has been going on... (or, alot of people in this game is good at keeping clues AWAY from everyone)

So, im not gonna lynch til Westbrook says something...

So, Im suspicious of Westbrook (only because of their predecessor though) and, I dont feel like lynching until they post... but if they dont post soon, or if they dont post anything that gives me great proof I shouldnt lynch, then ill lynch...
Im new to Mafia...
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Dipstick wrote:Well, its VERY believable how my predecessors could be on ANYONES scumdar...

infamous (Also wanted day phase to end quickly... "Are we ever gonna lynch someone?" though, could also want the game to go quicker, like everyone else... )
Xtoxm (Seemed to want the day phase to end quickly, meaning that they could be Mafia (so they could kill at night). Though, everyone wants the game to go quicker... Not really suspicous about them ANYMORE...)

Though, I havnt been able to find ANYTHING good on anyone, because not enough discussion has been going on... (or, alot of people in this game is good at keeping clues AWAY from everyone)

So, im not gonna lynch til Westbrook says something...]/b]

So, Im suspicious of Westbrook (only because of their predecessor though) and, I dont feel like lynching until they post... but if they dont post soon, or if they dont post anything that gives me great proof I shouldnt lynch, then ill lynch...
What about Westbrook made you think they were scum?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Dipstick »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
Dipstick wrote:Well, its VERY believable how my predecessors could be on ANYONES scumdar...

So, im not gonna lynch til Westbrook says something...

What about Westbrook made you think they were scum?
Their predecessor seemed... a little scummy to me... though, it IS my opinion...
Though, im waiting for Westbrook to post, so they can answer who they think is the scummiest...
Im new to Mafia...
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Dipstick »

And, the reason their predecessor made me think they were scummy was that they seemed to want to get through the day phase quickly...
Really, thats ALL I can get from these 14 pages...
Im new to Mafia...
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Dipstick, it's a good idea to say why you think someone is scummy so that that person can make a reasonable response to your accusation. Just saying "you're scummy" doesn't add much and is difficult to respond to.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Dipstick wrote:And, the reason their predecessor made me think they were scummy was that they seemed to want to get through the day phase quickly...
Really, thats ALL I can get from these 14 pages...
There has to be more than that. A lot of us have been pushing the day a little quickly, as you noted.

Is there anything context wise that makes you think they are scum?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Dipstick »

Well, then I really have nothing... I just have a feeling though...

Just waiting on Westbrook to say what they think to get this going...
Im new to Mafia...
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Dipstick wrote:Well, then I really have nothing... I just have a feeling though...

Just waiting on Westbrook to say what they think to get this going...
And how do you expect them to respond against a gut feeling?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 am

Post by GIEFF »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
GIEFF wrote:I am telling them how to remove suspicion in an effort to get this game moving. He said it was his second game, so I'm letting him know how to play it.

It's just the way you did it is suspicious. Why tell them how to get rid of suspicion?

Not at all, but in my eyes the more that somebody writes, the more chances there are for us to catch them making a mistake.

I am telling them how to get rid of suspicion because if they in fact do as I ask, they really WOULD get rid of suspicion. Actually presenting your opinion as to who is scum would be hard to do if you really KNEW who was scum (as the scum do), so if they were able to do so to my satisfaction, it really would alleviate suspicion in my eyes, even though I told them how to do it.

Maybe this is just tunnel-vision, but Dipstick's posts seem scummy to me. He is unable to provide any reason why he finds Westbrook scummy, and if I were scum in his shoes, I would naturally try to deflect suspicion onto the next-most-likely lynch, which just happens to be infamous/Westbrook.

I am still uncomfortable with Westbrook's lack of activity; please give us some logic or analysis, as you promised you would do when you were less tired.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Dipstick »

Well, Westbrook hasnt posted any logic/analysis... im thinking that either:
1. They are avoiding to post much because they could give away Mafia status (IF they are mafia)
2. They arent on much... (which means they could be MAFIA OR townsfolk...)

And, I know my posts may seem scummy, I just cant find any reasons to see anyone as suspicious... so im just aiming at the MOST suspicious (Westbrook/inf)
Im new to Mafia...
Westbrook_Owns_U
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Westbrook_Owns_U »

Sorry, I'm back. I haven't been on in a little while.

First off, let's start with a list.

Dispstick: Obviously pushing for a lynch of me, for m previous character. In fact, all his posts so far have been about my character. It's quite annoying how the fact you keep trying to make up all this odd logic. Most of it's just been "I think he's scummy because I think he's scummy" logic. Or my character's inactivity and wanting to push the day faster. He jsut keeps trying to avert attention from himself to the easiest person. IMO, Scummy.

Clockwork Ruse: He always tries to make new suspicions and I don't notice much bandwaonging. IMO, Protown.

Xtoxm: He never seems to read the thread, form what his posts say. He usually just posts to make sure he stays in the game. With posts like, "I satill say we should lynch those two people" and such. He also switched his "two people" a few times, in a bandwagon-ish manner. IMO, MotR.

GIEFF: A decently protown player. He also seems to ty to look on new suspicions, and I haven't noticed much suspicious activity (from what I've skimmed over). IMO, Protown.

CarnCarn: Meh, he seems protown from his posts. Not too flashy either. I'ma go with MotR.

Silver Pheonix: His current character is doing nicely. Haven't noticed much posting, but I haven't either, and neither have most people in this game :/. IMO, Unsure.

Elennaro: Short, sweet posts, stating ways to help the other characters, usually. No real suspicious activites from what I've skimmed over. IMO, Unsure.

Sorry, if I missed anybody. Well there ya have it, sopme of my suspicions on people. HOpe this can get the game moving a little, but I'm unsure if it will.
Mafia - 0-1
Town 2-0
Flaked - 5
Remember kids, it's [i] multi-cultural [/i]out.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

GIEFF wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:

Not at all, but in my eyes the more that somebody writes, the more chances there are for us to catch them making a mistake.

I am telling them how to get rid of suspicion because if they in fact do as I ask, they really WOULD get rid of suspicion. Actually presenting your opinion as to who is scum would be hard to do if you really KNEW who was scum (as the scum do), so if they were able to do so to my satisfaction, it really would alleviate suspicion in my eyes, even though I told them how to do it.

Maybe this is just tunnel-vision, but Dipstick's posts seem scummy to me. He is unable to provide any reason why he finds Westbrook scummy, and if I were scum in his shoes, I would naturally try to deflect suspicion onto the next-most-likely lynch, which just happens to be infamous/Westbrook.

I am still uncomfortable with Westbrook's lack of activity; please give us some logic or analysis, as you promised you would do when you were less tired.
I'm just trying to understand your ideas.

You think it's harder for scum to present cases because they know who their partners are? I'm not sure if I follow this completely or agree with it. It depends on the player.

I do see what you mean about catching people with longer posts, but once again, it depends on the player.

Dipstick; are you saying that you don't have any suspicions so you are concentrating on who the town is suspicious of?

Westbrook; Can you sum up what about his odd logic strikes you the most?

What does MotR mean?
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:52 am

Post by CarnCarn »

ClockworkRuse wrote:What does MotR mean?
"Middle of the Road," probably.
ClockworkRuse wrote:I do see what you mean about catching people with longer posts, but once again, it depends on the player.
I don't like that as a scum-tell/town-tell at all. Scum will try to do whatever to blend in with the town. If that means making longer posts, then they'll do that. Some people won't, though, because that is just their play style, but that doesn't make them scum since they'll make concise posts as town, too.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Dipstick »

I just dont have any suspicions, so im putting what I FEEL in so that I can get the person to say what they think of it, and possibly GET a suspicion...

does motR = Mafia or Town (insert something here for the R)?
Im new to Mafia...
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:15 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

CarnCarn wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:What does MotR mean?
"Middle of the Road," probably.
ClockworkRuse wrote:I do see what you mean about catching people with longer posts, but once again, it depends on the player.
I don't like that as a scum-tell/town-tell at all. Scum will try to do whatever to blend in with the town. If that means making longer posts, then they'll do that. Some people won't, though, because that is just their play style, but that doesn't make them scum since they'll make concise posts as town, too.
I think he meant that it's more likely scum will make a mistake in longer posts than not.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:16 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Dipstick wrote:I just dont have any suspicions, so im putting what I FEEL in so that I can get the person to say what they think of it, and possibly GET a suspicion...

does motR = Mafia or Town (insert something here for the R)?
To be honest, there is enough in the game to form so kind of suspicion.

And it's nearly impossible to really react to just gut feeling.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:49 am

Post by hambargarz »

Westbrook_Owns_U wrote:Dispstick: Obviously pushing for a lynch of me, for m previous character. In fact, all his posts so far have been about my character. It's quite annoying how the fact you keep trying to make up all this odd logic. Most of it's just been "I think he's scummy because I think he's scummy" logic. Or my character's inactivity and wanting to push the day faster. He jsut keeps trying to avert attention from himself to the easiest person. IMO, Scummy.
Dipstick did not really have a case on you at all, what interests me is your reaction and wording. Dipstick's averting of attention away from himself is not necessarily a scum tell. You mentioned he is targeting the "easiest person", I assume you mean yourself. Is there a reason you see yourself as the "easiest person" ? If you are town why would the odd logic and made up facts of a scummy looking player like dipstick "annoy" you? ie. It's as if you don't trust the town to see this for themselves, like you have something to worry about and hence be annoyed.

Not sure if I've FOS'd you already, but
+1 FOS: Westbrook_Owns_U

Westbrook_Owns_U wrote: Elennaro: Short, sweet posts, stating ways to help the other characters, usually. No real suspicious activites from what I've skimmed over. IMO, Unsure.
Elennaro has not contributed recently (verging on active lurking), I'm still waiting for his promised player analysis from a while back which I have not been able to find on reread.
Westbrook_Owns_U wrote:Silver Pheonix: His current character is doing nicely. Haven't noticed much posting, but I haven't either, and neither have most people in this game :/. IMO, Unsure.
Yes, Silver Pheonix, like Uriel has successfully kept under the radar. He's not one of my main suspects, but I'm especially wary of players like this.

Oh and you forgot analysis on me BTW :P
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Dipstick »

Dipstick did not really have a case on you at all, what interests me is your reaction and wording. Dipstick's averting of attention away from himself is not necessarily a scum tell. You mentioned he is targeting the "easiest person", I assume you mean yourself. Is there a reason you see yourself as the "easiest person" ? If you are town why would the odd logic and made up facts of a scummy looking player like dipstick "annoy" you? ie. It's as if you don't trust the town to see this for themselves, like you have something to worry about and hence be annoyed.
I am agreeing with the above here...
Looks like this is starting to pick up.
So,
FoS Westbrook_Owns_U

I wonder what Westbrook will say to defend from this...
Im new to Mafia...
Westbrook_Owns_U
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Westbrook_Owns_U »

hambargarz wrote:Dipstick's averting of attention away from himself is not necessarily a scum tell.
Actually I believe it is. By averting attention away from yourself, and focusing on a one-player bandwagon (i.e. always going after one person in a bandwagoning manner) is a slight scum-tell in my book. I'm not entirely sure though, it's been a while since I actually played.
hambargarz wrote:You mentioned he is targeting the "easiest person", I assume you mean yourself.
Yes, I do mean myself. In a previous life, I had a lot of suspicion on inactivity and very short posts that were uncontribal. I also already had a bandwagon started on me. Making it much easier to make other people portray me as mafia.

[quote="hambargarz"town why would the odd logic and made up facts of a scummy looking player like dipstick "annoy" you?[/quote]

Well, I guess not technically annoy. It's more like, just being there and not doing anything productive. I haven't really seen much on the productive side from him, other than trying to improve a case on me, on the same old suspicions which he refuses to state (other than lurking).
hambargarz wrote:Not sure if I've FoS'd you already
I believe you have ;).
Clockwork Ruse wrote:What does MotR mean?
It means Middle of the Road, as stated by CarnCarn.
Clockwork Ruse wrote:Can you sum up what about his odd logic strikes you the most?
Well basically it's just his blatant bandwagoning with weak cases. He doesn't really come on strong with cases and focuses solely on one person (me). He just doesn't seem open minded. Maybe this is just his playing style, or based on in-experience, I'm not sure.

If you would like a case of his blatant bandwagoning:
Dipstick wrote:I am agreeing with the above here...
I've noticed that quite a lot of his posts are like this.
hambargarz wrote:Oh and you forgot analysis on me BTW
Lol I knew I forgot somebody. Would you like an analysis on yourself? :P
Mafia - 0-1
Town 2-0
Flaked - 5
Remember kids, it's [i] multi-cultural [/i]out.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

So far, I haven't
seen
a case from him, other than gut.

Dipstick, I'm going to give you a chance to actually form a case. Outside of newbie games just saying "I think X is scum, because of my gut", especially with a deadline approaching, doesn't cut it.

There are 342 posts in the game, including this one. Go through and find posts that strike you as scummy or odd.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Dipstick »

Heres a post of everything I find odd...(or just plain out of the ordinary)

[quote=infamousace2]I love random voting![/quote]

Now, im wondering a few things from this... the town needs to vote using alot of LOGIC... but, the Mafia dont. Their little amounts of logic goes to making them look like Townies, as ClockworkRuse said in Post 82. They know who is Mafia and who ISNT, thus, they dont need to use alot of logic AT ALL. (Unless they are aiming to take down power roles, then they still need very little logic)
The Random voting stage isnt great to be in (its a start for the game, but the longer it is, the WORSE) And the fact that he likes the random voting stage... possibly that he could keep his possible IDENTITY away from us?

[quote=Xtoxm]Anyway, i've got my top 2 suspects, and i'm ready to lynch. [/quote]

That also stood out to me... it seemed Xtoxm had suspects, but didnt vote them, waiting to possibly SWITCH onto someone else... (for some reason, I find this a little scummy)

[quote=Xtoxm] I believe I explained my reasons for finding them suspicous well.

People often moan at me for not giving copius amounts of content in my posts. I don't feel there's anything more to say [/quote]

Then, why didnt you just post them in a post to refresh us about it and give us your opinions? Afraid to bring it back up? I see that you DID point out when you saw scumtell, but still, why not bring it back up with more opinions?

So far, thats what I have... If I find anything else, ill post it...
But still, not ready to vote yet...
Im new to Mafia...
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Dipstick »

EBWOP:

Heres a post of everything I find odd...(or just plain out of the ordinary)

infamousace2 wrote:I love random voting!

Now, im wondering a few things from this... the town needs to vote using alot of LOGIC... but, the Mafia dont. Their little amounts of logic goes to making them look like Townies, as ClockworkRuse said in Post 82. They know who is Mafia and who ISNT, thus, they dont need to use alot of logic AT ALL. (Unless they are aiming to take down power roles, then they still need very little logic)
The Random voting stage isnt great to be in (its a start for the game, but the longer it is, the WORSE) And the fact that he likes the random voting stage... possibly that he could keep his possible IDENTITY away from us?
Xtoxm wrote:Anyway, i've got my top 2 suspects, and i'm ready to lynch.

That also stood out to me... it seemed Xtoxm had suspects, but didnt vote them, waiting to possibly SWITCH onto someone else... (for some reason, I find this a little scummy)
Xtoxm wrote: I believe I explained my reasons for finding them suspicous well.

People often moan at me for not giving copius amounts of content in my posts. I don't feel there's anything more to say

Then, why didnt you just post them in a post to refresh us about it and give us your opinions? Afraid to bring it back up? I see that you DID point out when you saw scumtell, but still, why not bring it back up with more opinions?

So far, thats what I have... If I find anything else, ill post it...
But still, not ready to vote yet...
Im new to Mafia...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”