Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:27 pm

Post by Dirge »

Silgado about your questions...

Regarding the "inkling" I never intended to leave clues as to what I was thinking. I
had an idea/came to a conclusion
and I proceeded to act on it.
silgado wrote:Didn't you find it weird that both STD and Fuldu answered to a question which you hadn't seen? Couldn't you have then backed me up, instead of letting anyone be suspicious of me being the only one with a named role?
As I said, I questioned it earlier hoping to get a response. To see what people thought of "named roles". People getting suspicious is important in this game, That’s where most of our information comes from, people making accusations and players answering the accusations.

About shelper, I think that it sucks to have to defend something that somebody else said. That being said, I do think that anybody who seems to know hidden mechanics is should be looked at carefully.
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:19 pm

Post by massive »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure shelper is the right play here, and I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going to kill tonight. Gah, pressure. Good luck townies.

vote shelper
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:43 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

This is it...oooo...feels so epic.

vote shelper
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:57 am

Post by silgado106 »

Here we go. It is twilight. Good luck town, and hope for the best
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:06 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Final Vote Count:

shelper - 3 (
Dirge II, STD, massive
)
Dirge II - 1 (
shelper
)

Not voting: silgado106

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrrrr! Shelper's goose be cooked, so they say. After a flurry of pistol shots and swingin' cutlasses, his dismembered body falls to the ground.
So watch yer backs, mateys, and keep yer pistols handy, and remember this: Ye can only trust a man if he can be called PIRATE!
Tho' he was no sailor and no pillager, shelper's love of illicit music downloads means he was a true PIRATE!

-----------------------------------
"Time to rid my colony of these damned pirates once and for all!" yells Dirge.
"ARRRR! 'Tis a fine idea!" shouts massive.
Murderous massive quickly turns one o' the port cannons around and fires, blasting Swashbucklin' SaveTheDragons into oblivion. Dastardly Dirge II easily overpowers silgado106 -- it turns out the Dread Pirate's reputation was heavily embellished. Silgado's body is soon swinging from an improvised gallows.

The Captain sheds a single tear for the loss of shelper and the ending of the pirating way of life. "Tragic! Tragic!" croaks his parrot.

"We should get him too," says Dirge, as he and his compatriot advance on the moderator, weapons drawn.

"HAR HAR HAR!!! Ye'll never take me alive!" laughs Bloodthirsty Blicero. He grabs ahold of a vine and swings across to another ship, one with black sails raised. "The pirates may have been bested in this town, but the pirating way of life will always survive! ARRRRR!"

"That ship wasn't there before," says Dirge.
"Where the hell did that vine come from?" asks massive. "We're out on the ocean!"

"HAR! I be the one writin' the scene, ya saucy barnacles!" screams the clearly insane Captain as he sails off into the sunset. "The Pirate will return!!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

shelper (Internet Nerd) - Lynched Day 4
silgado106 (Dread Pirate Roberts) - killed endgame
STD (Pirate Who Forgot Where He Buried His Treasure) - killed endgame

Dirge II (Governor) and massive (Renegade Pirate) control the town.

The pirates have been killed! Mafia wins!

Full roles coming soon....
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:07 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

- Wait... wait. Cap'n?
-What?
- You said the pirates have been killed! What about DoomCow? You said he got himself a wife and a nice home and settled down. Even if he isn't pillaging or carousing or blasting merchant vessels, isn't he still alive?
- Aye... if ye can call that
living.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:45 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

TOWN:
Thoth, you are WEREBEARD, otherwise known as the Pirate from Texas Mafia. After vanquishing the evil scum in your small town in Texas, you've set sail again for pillage and plunder. With you is your old, ancient blunderbuss, which will allow you to make one (and only one) night kill. Let me know when (if?) you want to use this ability -- I will not wait for your choice to end Nights.
Don't know how anyone could ever think the original Pirate would be evil in a game where preserving the pirating way of life is the town's victory goal (or why everyone assumed the presence of a serial killer, even with only one Night One kill)... this guy was as pro-town as you get.
Dirge, you are the Pirate With A Spyglass. Each night, you may use your spyglass to spy on a fellow player, in hopes of figuring out his alignment. Your goal is to defend the pirating way of life.
Dirge (I) was the cop. He would get detailed physical descriptions of the players he observed, but he never had a successful investigation due to:
drummer97531265358023, you are the Pirate Who Hasn't Kept Up With The Times. Unlike the young hotshot pirates, who are always talking about new-fangled killing methods like shooting, or hanging, or bludgeoning, you know there's only one killing method for a TRUE pirate: Walking the Plank. Each night, you must send me the name of a player who you will force to walk the plank. If you do not send me a choice, I will pick randomly for you (and I might have you target yourself). Your goal is to preserve the pirating way of life!
Of course, walking the plank is completely non-fatal (try to think of a movie or book or tv show where someone walks the plank and actually dies). drummer was a pro-town roleblocker with a deceptive role PM.
shelper, you are the Internet Nerd. Feel free to download whatever music you like and play it while you post. You have no in-game abilities. Your goal is to preserve the pirating way of life.
Townie. Software Pirate.
Flying Dutchman, you are the Pastry Rodent. You are a rat, and you are unusual in two senses: 1) You are able to talk, and 2) You really like pie. You have no abilities, but your goal is to preserve the pirating way of life.
Townie. Pie Rat. I figured having two non-explicit pirates would make them a little more believable.
indentureddjinn, you are the Pirate With One Too Many Wooden Limbs. You have no abilities, and your goal is to preserve the pirating way of life!
The Pirate With One Too Many Wooden Limbs was immune to nightkills from the Priest. Use your imagination.
DoomCow, you are a Pirate. ARRRRRRRR! You have no abilities, and your goal is to preserve the pirating way of life!
With all the special Pirate roles in this game, I figured DoomCow was screwed the worst when it came to role claims. I mean, who would believe a simple, powerless Pirate in a Pirate Mafia game? Sadly, my deviousness didn't pay off when he got knocked out Night One.
silgado106, you are the Dread Pirate Roberts. You are actually quite a nice guy, and never really killed anyone, but you have a very frightening reputation nonetheless. Each night, you can put any player under your protection, and no one will dare attack that player. So, send me a player's name every night if you want to protect them. If I don't get a name from you, then you won't protect anyone. You may not protect yourself. Your goal is to preserve the pirating way of life!
Yes, this was the only named pirate (and the only one taken from an outside source.) I toyed with including Captain Jack Sparrow, who would have some kind of posting requirement, but thought better of it.
Gaspode, you are the Pirate Who Forgot Where He Buried His Treasure. Each night, you may choose to dig up a player's grave in an attempt to find your buried treasure. So, send me the name of a dead player every Night, and I'll let you know if you strike gold. Your goal is to preserve the pirating way of life.
No one knew what to do with this role. This Pirate was the town's all-around back-up. He could use the Spyglass, the Flag of the Dread Pirate, or the Blunderbuss if he dug up the appropriate dead town role. Maybe I should have provided more hints about this role, because I don't know why one would expect to find treasure in the grave of a Priest or a Pastry Rodent.

MAFIA:
Someone, you are the Governor. You hate pirates, you've always hated pirates, and with your two friends, you are on a mission to destroy the pirating way of life!

Here is your mafia group:

Someone (Governor) - kills by hanging
massive (Renegade Pirate) - kills by cannonballing
Lord Gurgi (Priest) - forces the pirate to marry, thus making him respectable

Everyone else is told that their goal is to preserve the pirating way of life, but your goal is to destroy that way of life. You may communicate with each other during the Night phases, and each night, you may send one of your members to kill another player. Please send your choices in promptly.
Lord Gurgi, you are the Priest. You hate pirates, you've always hated pirates, and with your two friends, you are on a mission to destroy the pirating way of life!
massive, you are Renegade Pirate, otherwise known as the Pirate Who Uses His Pirating Skills To Destroy The Pirating Way Of Life Without Realizing The Inherent Contradiction. You can use your pirating skills to track down a player and blast him to shreds with your mighty cannons.
massive would look like a pirate when viewed through a spyglass (never happened)

That's the game. I originally thought it was slightly mafia-biased because of the roleblocker, but I didn't expect there to be that much confusion about the nature of the backup role, which skews it a little further in that direction. I want to thank all of you original players and all of you who volunteered to replace (and Dirge, who did both).

I never expected this game to be the one that had a ton of dropouts, and I really think all the replacements affected the game. Given the enthusiasm for the game, I felt I could use temp replacements at the beginning to keep a fast pace going, but in retrospect, that was a really bad idea. So, apologies to those of you affected by that... I won't be doing that in any future games.

Post-game discussion can commence...... now!
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:47 am

Post by Dirge »

Good game Cap'n. I think that you should get an award for best scenes.

I don't know wether to be happy because we won as mafia or because we lost as town. I'll go with the win.
~high fives massive & Lord Gurgi~

Silgado you were right about me so often. I was afraid that you'd get me lynched. I really got a work-out spinning and re-spinning lies.

I do think that the temp replacements were a distraction. But, who knew they would be?
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:38 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

sorry shelper and town, I knew I kinda contradicted myself with the statement "Thoth and Dirge could be over aggressive townies" and then voting dirge with that big long post. I did try to leave a hint though.
big_kahunia wrote:I just wanna listen to pirate songs.
shelper wrote:I am an internet pirate, or more specifically, the internet nerd. I illegally download stuff. Music, software, books, games, you name it, i've probably downloaded it illegally. No powers, just a townie.
Thanks Capt'n!!!!!
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:59 pm

Post by silgado106 »

Wow... what an embarrassment. I'm sorry STD I chose to really think Massive was cleared :( Like I said, I didn't like that we were lynching someone that both STD and Dirge were trying to lynch, but decided to follow Massive instead. They had it completely won once Massive convinced us two that he wasn't scum. He was great at pretending he was a Vig from almost all the way at the beginning. Kudos for that. And congrats to Scum. And sorry Shelper :( Ugh... None of you ever play with me again, I just ruin things all the time, and I thought this one was almost won :(

Oh and Blicero the reason why I thought, once convinced by Massive, that there was a possibility that Thoth could be a SK was because he could have targetted FD with me on night one.

And also, Thoth did happen to use his kill on Night 2, in your face Massive :P , which greatly helped Massive's claim of course.

Well I'm done. Sorry again :(
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:37 pm

*Banging head over and over and over and over and over and over for many different reasons.*

Head so hurty...
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:24 pm

Post by massive »

Heehee! I knew once I read my role that there had to be a role that gave pirate/non-pirate results, so I started fabricating a pirate role from the very beginning. It was almost godfatherish of a sort. Cap'n sure did his level best to tell you all that Thoth wasn't evil ... and I'm glad it worked out for us in the end!

I think we could have won the game yesterday. At one point there were enough votes to lynch, minus one ... trying to remember WHO though. I could have tacked on the last vote and ended the day, but I really was skeptical that there wasn't an SK lurking about. Sure, I wanted to make it seem like Thoth was, but there was no way for me to be sure that I wouldn't just make myself look suspicious without winning us the game. It all worked out in the end, thank goodness!

Good game all, thanks CB for running it.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:37 pm

Post by shelper »

Good game everybody, can't remember when i had so much fun in a mafia game. :D
When i was lynched i was praying for massive to turn out SK (didn't choose to use his powers to appear more vig-like) and he and dirge would shoot eachother.
Who would've guessed STD was telling the truth, and even so, i never would have linked dirge to massive.
Thanks for modding cap'n, and thank goodness i didn't marry a nice girl.

One last thing though, why didn't you guys kill the doctor? Was it because you were trying to get the town to lynch him?
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:58 am

Post by massive »

Yeah, once Dirge replaced into the remaining scum role, we kinda decided that silgado had done a lot to make himself suspicious and that we could let him roll. He was far from a "confirmed innocent", which is what Dirge felt Fuldu was the second time that we did it - and it just worked out for us (with silgado protecting me instead of Fuldu).

After the second time, knowing that the town would again begin to question why he was still alive (and knowing that he was, in fact, the doctor), a big part of my strategy was to "protect" silgado and make sure that he felt I was a "confirmed innocent" as much as I was backing him as a confirmed innocent. All we needed was one person to see things our way, and I figured silgado was my best shot.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:05 am

Post by silgado106 »

Yep. My gullibility lost us the game guys :( I can't believe I even thought once, just once the thought raced through my head, that Massive could have been backing me up just to get him on his side. And even though I kept going against STD and Dirge, I let it all go to let Massive lynch Shelper?? Could I have been any more dumb? Ugh. I do think though that Massive got really lucky with the Thoth thing. I kept saying that he was a vig, yet Massive kept telling me otherwise, of course I decided to believe him, and the game was done.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:00 am

Post by Thoth »

Good game CB, thanks. And well done scum.

Sorry town for misusing my vig kill. I just could not believe Dirge being the cop, but only claiming to be blocked.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:32 am

Post by silgado106 »

Oh yes of course, thanks CB! It was a great game :)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:03 pm

silgado106 wrote:Oh yes of course, thanks CB! It was a great game :)
Yeah, that. ;)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:42 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”