Mini 216 - Final Fantasy Mafia. GAME OVER!

Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:26 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

Another possibility is that the masons are the doc. There was a pair of roles like that in Muppet Mafia.

By the way, Choco, while we're waiting for Thesp to show up (he hasn't posted on Misetings since the 28th either, so it's not just this game he's missing/avoiding), would you mind giving us the fluff portion of your role?

Finally, unless Kaoticity or Bamboomancer are being *really* reluctant to claim after multiple calls for it, or the other mason is lying about their role, Thesp would seem to be the only remaining candidate for mason, because I know I'm not. He was the only person not to either pressure Blackberry to claim or vote for him after he did claim, and that bit about encoding messages could easily have been in-thread communication to his partner. Since he'd probably have to claim anyway, I figured there wasn't any harm in pointing this out. Now, either Kaoticity or Bamboomancer can prove me wrong, or you guys really should unvote Thesp.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:33 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

Two scum/SK would be very balanced if the SK had town masonry... just a thought.

I don't know if you're asking me to claim but I don't think you are. I will if I have to, to shine the light on others, but with the wave of stabbings I just don't see how we can't kill thesp for having a dagger. Of course, we should also point out that this could be a way to make the scum look like town, though that might be over powered.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:39 am

Post by ChocoCid »

I thought I already said it, but my fluff is a Sabre/Saber.
Sorry for not posting the past few days, but my browser has been saying that Mafiascum.net exceeded its bandwidth limit and I couldn't access the site. I actually added the mod to my MSN to try to find out for sure.
[url=http://www.rpgelite.net]RPG Elite[/url] (777) Dragoon Choco-Mage: ChocoCid
Kaoticity
Kaoticity
Townie
Kaoticity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:42 pm

Post by Kaoticity »

Apparently its a good idea so i will claim.

I am the last moogle/mason.
--Kaoticity
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

I suppose we should wait for Thesp to check in before lynching him, then.

Any sign he's alive, mod?
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Townie
Fry Guy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:03 pm

Post by Fry Guy »

Alright, I sappose my thunder for tonite will be headed at Bamboom, unless we get a counter-claim for Moogle.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

I don't see any reason why you should thunder me, but since you're planning on it, I guess I'll claim. The role I took over is the paladin and my ability is cover. There's an ability like it in FFV, but the paladin class and the ability is only in FFTA, which is what my former self was referring to in the early pages. My fluff is a shield.

Basically, i'm a bodyguard. I take on the choices that target someone. Night one, My alter ego targeted thesp and last night I targeted SO the theif.

If you intend to thunder me at least let me defend myself.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

Since I'm the only one left unclaimed except for Thesp, here's my role. I am the
White Monk
. Apparently, night actions are considered dishonorable, so I don't have any. Go go vanilla townie. My item is a claw.

I was rather expecting to see someone with Cover, although I was originally thinking it would be the FFV Knight.

Unless Thesp counterclaims mason, he and ChocoCid are looking the most suspicious to me right now.
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Townie
Fry Guy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:41 pm

Post by Fry Guy »

Alright, Bamboom. You wont be my target for tonight. Just make sure you take the bullet for SO if you can. Got it?

I am now unsure as to who I should plan on vigging tonight. :(
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:42 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Hm. An interesting thought comes up.
Lt. Origen wrote:I am the White Monk. Apparently, night actions are considered dishonorable, so I don't have any. Go go vanilla townie. My item is a claw.
Why would a white mage have a claw? In FFTA, FFV, and all other FF's that come to mind, a White Mage has a staff. This smells foul. Perhaps scum, a monster with a claw, trying to cover himself in case he's investigated? I don't like that at all.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:43 pm

Oh, wait, my bad. Read it wrong. White MONK... claw users. Stupid me :P
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:21 am

Post by Thesp »

Sorry for the delay, blame the hurricane. :(

Anyway, on to business. Yes, I did indeed have a knife (not a dagger, actually, can you confirm that, SO?), as I'm a
Juggler
. My item was more functional than flavorful though, as it let me stop a nightkill coming my way. Unfortunately, I've now lost this ability along with the knife. As far as I know, this was my only ability.

Also, is the knife the only reason people are voting me? I didn't see others. If there are other issues, please bring them up and we can discuss them.

In any case, my guess now on who's scum is ChocoCid, for previous unabated suspicions, and I don't buy the unprompted Blue Mage claim.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:27 am

Post by ChocoCid »

Welcome back to the game, thesp.

Why not? Clearly I need to get SOMETHING to target me or else I'm vanilla, and it would be helpful sooner rather than later.. Have SO investigate me tonight and we'll have two cops or a confirmed scum. Would either be a bad thing?
Lynching me today has to be a mistake, when you can lynch someone who claimed vanilla.

Also, who the hell is responsible for the frogging?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:29 am

Just to confirm: so you're saying because I stole your knife, you now can't use your ability?
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:30 am

Post by ChocoCid »

DERF.
I just forgot that we killed a malboro. Obviously that's where the frogging came from.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:31 am

Post by ChocoCid »

DERF again. Mafia wouldn't frog another mafia.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:19 am

Post by Thesp »

SinisterOverlord wrote:Just to confirm: so you're saying because I stole your knife, you now can't use your ability?
Yes. :(
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:32 am

Post by Lt. Origen »

Hmm. Here's a quick and handy list:

Pretty much/definitely confirmed roles:
SO (Thief)
Kaoticity (Moogle/Mason)

Unconfirmed roles:
Fry Guy (Red Mage/vig)
warpdragon (Fighter/vanilla) (I'm putting this here just to be careful; we know he has the sword, but he could be lyning about his role)
Bamboomancer (Paladin/bodyguard)
Thesp (Juggler/self-protection)
Lt. Origen (White Monk/Vanilla)
Chococid (Blue Mage/Ability copier)

Interestingly, we don't seem to have a doctor. It's possible that Nanook was, I suppose, but that would seem to make him some wierd multi-role doc who's also capable of frogging, as he seems to be the only candidate for that action.

I'm suddenly a lot more suspicious of Chococid's roleclaim. Didn't Blue Mages learn their abilities from monsters, not party members?

Other thought: Thesp, are you claiming to be a moogle?
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Townie
Fry Guy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:54 am

Post by Fry Guy »

Thesp claimed juggler, not moogle.

And I'll be proving my role tonight. I beleive my thunder will be easy to tell apart from the scum's kills.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:01 am

Just checking the PM, yeah, it is a knife, not a dagger.
So, as far as my investigations go, I should get:
Kaoticity: ? (fluff?)
Fry Guy: rapier
warpdragon: Checked, sword
Bamboomancer: sword
Thesp: Checked, knife
Lt. Origen: claw
ChocoCid: saber

This correct? Kaoticity, your role PM have any fluff (heh) that indicates what I'd get?

Now. I'm somewhat suspicious of Thesp over that. It doesn't seem right that my investigation would remove his ability... granted, we can't exactly check with warpdragon, seeing as he has no ability, and granted, the mod did mention to him that he had a replacement, indicating that this might be relevant somehow. Hmm... I wonder if I can return the knife in question?

Thoughts are. Lynch one of the townie-roles... Kaoticity, Lt. Origen, Thesp. I don't list warpdragon as the purpose of this is that they may be lying, and if they're not the loss is lessened than a power role. I'd lean against Kaoticity too, as the presence of a mason means another, and it hasn't been counter-claimed... of course, noone said both masons had to be protown, but the alternative's a lesser probability. So I'd say either Lt. Origen or Thesp, who might as well be a townie now I've got his knife (neener neener neener :P).

I'll investigate ChocoCid. If he's telling the truth, we've got another cop. If he's lying, then it'll become clear.

Fry Guy should use his ability, by way of confirming himself - if we see someone fried by lightning, we'll know who did it. I reccomend the one of Lt. Origen or Thesp we don't lynch.

If, by that stage, we haven't won yet, then our list of suspects will be fairly narrow. Admittedly, this is a somewhat cold-blooded approach to doing this, but it's playing the numbers - to more probably take out the game.

Given the circumstances, I'd say Thesp's the best lynch target for today. He's already on 3 with 5 to lynch, and he's on shakier ground, IMO. But I won't put the vote on just yet, see if anyone can poke any holes in my theory first.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:03 am

Oh, and Fry Guy: in FFTA (which, AFAIK, is the only place Jugglers appear), the Juggler class is restricted to Moogles only. But if Thesp's telling the truth, I doubt he was given that per se, as none of the other 'class' roles seem to have been given races.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:08 am

Post by ChocoCid »

Kaoticity claimed moogle/mason, but other than that, this all looks pretty reasonable to me.
I can go along with this plan, so
Vote: Thesp

I'm suddenly a lot more suspicious of Chococid's roleclaim. Didn't Blue Mages learn their abilities from monsters, not party members?
Sure. If I got hit by 1,000 needles and survived, I'd be a second vig. (Presumably a second doc as well :wink: )

I suggest that we follow Overlord's plan for today, and if it doesn't win us the game, things should be really damn close to a win tomorrow.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:18 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

ChocoCid wrote:Welcome back to the game, thesp.

Why not? Clearly I need to get SOMETHING to target me or else I'm vanilla, and it would be helpful sooner rather than later.. Have SO investigate me tonight and we'll have two cops or a confirmed scum. Would either be a bad thing?
Lynching me today has to be a mistake, when you can lynch someone who claimed vanilla.

Also, who the hell is responsible for the frogging?
OH MY GOD

NOBODY LISTENS TO ME.

Juggler CONFIRMS this is FFTA. IN FFTA THE ALCHEMIST HAS THE FROGSHAPE ABILITY.

I HAVE SAID THIS SO MANY TIMES
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:53 am

Post by warpdragon »

Thesp wrote:
SinisterOverlord wrote:Just to confirm: so you're saying because I stole your knife, you now can't use your ability?
Yes. :(
It said I was able to find another sword in the next dungeon, so I dont see why Thesp couldnt find a dagger. Also, how does having a dagger protect you from a nightkill?

If anyone has a line in their role that says they lose their ability if their item is stolen speak now.

I think that the Alchemist did the frogging but it probably caused some sort of posting restriction the next day or something similar, but not a roleblock.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:18 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

You have to realize, warpy, that you're a powerless townie.

Thesp. Your ability has a name. What is it. I want to know the next time you come to this thread.

I mean that.

It's possible that without my shield, I won't be able to cover, because what would I cover with. So mabye warpdragon got a new sword simply because it didn't matter.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”