Hall Monitor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:28 am

Post by Phoebus »

unvote: JD

Just call me sheep.
I'd rather see deadwood removed.
vote:Otaku

else, replace Otaku...queek, queeeek!
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:46 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I'm not happy with the r0ver and JDTAY claim combination. Immune roles are easy to claim, and the fact that the two don't seem to parallel each other gets my hackles up. I also think there's no need to kill Otaku, since one dead weight in a town of ten with one scum isn't an undue hardship. I don't really have a feel for the other unclaimed, but Cadmium said earlier that the only people he had no feel for included one of them, so
vote: Recky
for now.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:46 am

Post by the silent speaker »

... that is,
unvote: JDTAY, vote: Recky
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Recky
Recky
Goon
Recky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:57 am

Post by Recky »

I guess I'm going to have to claim, based on what seems to be about to happen.

I put my hand up to the killing of Leonidas, for verily t'was me. I did it for the same reasons which someone else here mentioned, namely to get rid of a player who was clearly inactive and to save the mod having to pull a replacement out of the hat. In hindsight, I should probably have gone for Otaku instead (given that Leo was a cop). However, as wiser people than I have said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

So, does that make me the remaining scum? It might well do, but if so, then I'm unaware that that's my true role. I was told that I am a one-shot daytime vig, and that I win with the town. For the record, I was not given a role name of any kind. It's possible that I received the same message given to Ygg, and he turned out to be scum. I would therefore completely understand it if you decide to lynch me today. Let's face it, you have nothing to lose - with so many people still left (of which we assume only 1 is scum), lynching a townie now doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

If it turns out that the mod wasn't telling porkies and I am indeed pro-town, then I would automatically be suspicious of r0ver for claiming Cowardly Reporter. It's a role which I have consistently thought about claiming in previous games where I have been scum. It gives a perfect alibi for not having been killed (you stay at home), and it's easy to claim that you've investigated only dead people. Although r0ver has said that Leo was out at night, something which would appear to be borne out by the fact that he was a cop, I would counter by pointing to the fact that everyone in this town has a role, so saying that someone was out at night is almost certainly a very fair guess. In fact, that makes me wonder why on earth the mod would include someone who can only tell if someone if out at night or not in a game such as this where everyone has a role.

I will therefore
vote r0ver
, but not in any great hope that I'll live to see the deadline.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:24 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Fuldu wrote:Of these, I find the JDTAY and rOver roles to be questionable together. One or the other might be true, but I'm not sure I believe that both are present.
the silent speaker wrote:I'm not happy with the r0ver and JDTAY claim combination. Immune roles are easy to claim, and the fact that the two don't seem to parallel each other gets my hackles up.
Wow, I can't believe I missed that :oops:! It does seem kinda weird to put both a businessman and a cowardly reporter in the game. On the other hand, I believe both mafia groups have a day-time assassin, so these roles would balance the game somewhat.
Recky wrote:So, does that make me the remaining scum? It might well do, but if so, then I'm unaware that that's my true role. I was told that I am a one-shot daytime vig, and that I win with the town. For the record, I was not given a role name of any kind. It's possible that I received the same message given to Ygg, and he turned out to be scum.
Looking back at Ygg's claim, I'm fairly positive that he was well aware of his alliance:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:I agree, it's not that much of a stretch to turn this assassin role into a day-time vig. On the other hand, if he has this power and is evil, he will definitely use it today if we bandwagon him - whereas if we don't, one of the other bad guys might bump him off at night. Choices, choices...
To me, this indicates that DP knew Ygg's role and was being careful with his opinion (he was the eighth person to vote for him).
Dragon Phoenix wrote:If Yggs winning condition is to kill his GF, he'd done that straight away.
This looks like an attempt to make the town believe there's only one mafia group.

So if Ygg was aware of his role, he made up the whole one-shot daytime vigilante claim. And I don't think he made up a role that is actually in the game. It's way more likely that you copied your claim from him.

Further more, both Werebear and Coolbot were dead after day one, yet the killing went on. So the last mafia member is well aware of what he's doing. Which means that you either are innocent or guilty, not unaware of your true role. And if you truly are innocent, I think you wouldn't have included that possibility in your claim. It's looks like a way to make the claim more believable.

Vote: Recky
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:31 pm

Post by Thoth »

Let me roleclaim as well then: I'm a regular Vig: one time kill at night.

vote:Recky

I'm not buying a Mafia Assassin + a Daytime Vig + a regular Vig(Myself) + some ability for the other Mafia group
. Also I don't know whether Nanook was around during the night after Yggs' claim, but if he was I assume he would have shot Yggdrasil who claimed his role.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:20 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Vote: Recky

Sorry, this is just not believeable.
Recky
Recky
Goon
Recky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:05 am

Post by Recky »

*shrug*

I tell the truth and get lynched for it. No great surprise there. I'll be having harsh words with the mod if it turns out I'm scum though. I guess there will be harsh words for the mod from all of you if it turns out I'm not ;).

I think I'm lynched already, but if not I'll
Unvote r0ver
vote Recky
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:07 am

Post by Corsato »

After what seems to be a siesta, the town decides to do something. First thing that comes in mind is going over to the rooftop where that shot was obviously coming from. You find Recky, packing up his gun. He's quickly grabbed and dragged to the center of the town, were he is strung up.

A search of his house reveals not much . You can only conclude that he was a vigilante.

Recky, daytime vigilante, has been lynched. It's now night, deadline is tuesday the 5th, 7 PM CET
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:47 pm

Post by Corsato »

An unfortunate night for two players.

JDTay is sitting in his livingroom, still a bit tired of his last businesstrip. Just when he's going to get some coffe out of the kitchen, a shot is fired through his window. That shot ends the life of JDTay.

Flying Dutchman is walking home from a meeting with his friends. Well. what's left of them anyway. Suddenly he hears a whisper in his ear, saying "that's two down". You find him, shot from behind at close range.

JDtay (Businessman) and Flying Dutchman (Mason) are lynched. It's day, 7 alive means 4 to lynch.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:05 pm

Post by Phoebus »

lynched? shot? huh?
Bah!

O Cadmium...centre stage my man!
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:05 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Vote: r0ver

I'm assuming that the mafia killed Flying Dutchman and that Thoth killed JDTAY.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:08 pm

Post by Phoebus »

That was quick! :P

Thoth?
Suddenly he hears a whisper in his ear, saying "that's two down".
Does that sound like one mafia had the assassin, Reck was thrown in to screw with us and instead the other mafia has a one-time two-shot ability?

I'm assuming that vote is based off an investigation and I'll happily join on - as soon as we compile a list of known innocents.
Which of your other innocents are alive?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:19 pm

Post by Thoth »

Yes, sorry town and especially JDtay. He was one of the persons that I found most likely to be scum and I thought there was a good chance of me being killed last night, so I decided to use my kill.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:29 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Phoebus wrote:
Suddenly he hears a whisper in his ear, saying "that's two down".
Does that sound like one mafia had the assassin, Reck was thrown in to screw with us and instead the other mafia has a one-time two-shot ability?
Nah. That was meant as two out of three mason members down, I reckon.
Phoebus wrote:I'm assuming that vote is based off an investigation and I'll happily join on - as soon as we compile a list of known innocents.
Which of your other innocents are alive?
Fuldu is the only person I know to be innocent for sure. Yes, I investigated r0ver but I couldn't find anything in my archive, which indicates that he once bought a gun according to the mod. Oh, I'm a gunsmith ;).

First of all, we agreed that both a cowardly reporter and a businessman in this game is not likely. Now we know that JDTAY was telling the truth. Secondly, something weird happened to my investigation. This is the first time I didn't get told "owns a gun" or "doesn't own a gun". And third, although my result was different this time, it still indicates that he bought a gun at one point.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:43 pm

Post by Phoebus »

The funny part is...
Didn't r0ver claim before JD did?

But yes...a reporter shouldn't have a gun...

and what about you believing tss?
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:01 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Well, he claimed security guard before he even knew I had investigative powers. And a security guard could have a gun. That's about all I believe. He still looks a little suspicious IMO. But the facts fit.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:18 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Phoebus, I think "That's two down" is just talking about the mason group. I agree with the logic that we wouldn't have a businessman and a cowardly reporter, so
vote: rOver
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:33 pm

Post by Cadmium »

After re-reading last night's result, I think I need to PM the mod. This result can be interpreted in two different ways.

Unvote: r0ver
for the time being.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:41 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Time for tss to tell us what he does as the security guard?
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:43 pm

Post by Cadmium »

the silent speaker wrote:I'm a Security Guard. I target someone, and if they're attacked I have a 50% chance of driving away the attacker; if I succeed, I also see who the attacker is. Night one I picked Werebear (yeah, I know), night two I picked sycko but evidently failed -- hence my question as to where the docs were when he died. Night three I picked Leonidas.
It took me about 30 secs. to look this up and post it, Phoebus ;).
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:04 pm

Post by Thoth »

Getting a bit slow Cadmium. I had it in less than 10 :wink: .
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:10 pm

Post by Cadmium »

I couldn't get the quote tags to work :)!
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:42 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Okay, here's my point of view ;):

Cadmium
- Gunsmith

Fuldu
- Nurse (no gun)

Phoebus2
- Mason?

Otaku376
- Doc?

rOver
- Cowardly reporter (gun or no gun)

the silent speaker
- Security guard (gun)

Thoth
- Vigilante (proved himself)

I'm waiting for a result back from the mod and if r0ver has a gun, we lynch him and else we lynch the silent speaker (which I'm getting more and more confident about).
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:21 am

Post by spork76 »

hi i replaced awhile ago and havn't posted

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”