NY 143: Mafia on the Gulf Coast (Game Over!)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

It was so OMGUS. After all, thats why I'm voting him. OK meta, thats all nice and junk but it doesn't mean Mastin DID NOT RECIEVE A SCUM PM.
If I was still a scum read there's no need for him to hop on another wagon. You know what that looks like? Scum trying to find a wagon that sticks.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Pine »

@Mist: lol, this is a ridiculously good scumgame if it is one. He's got me 100% fooled in that case.

And do your homework on my meta, Mist. I don't go out on a limb like this for scumbuddies. I have never, ever chainsawed for a buddy. I will provide limited assistance, and I rarely bus. But if a buddy fucks up, they're on their own.

PE: No, it looks like Town with more than one strong scumread. See every game ever by competent Townies.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you know its also a chainsaw when you defend a townie for town cred.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by Pine »

I didn't need the Town cred. I don't think anyone in the entire thread had registered a scumread on me past the Amrun/Isa/Kiwi skirmish back in the first couple of pages.

Also, thank you for just confirming Mastin as Town. Super slip is super.

Mastin, you up for splitting a Best Town Scummy with me?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Thats really twisting my words. Thank you for confirming sscum status.

If I flip town do you think the town should lynch you or mastin?

Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

I'm surprised with these mastin/Pine interactions. Scum wouldn't be THAT dumb. 100% to have scum in the pair, likely that both are scum. Tajun is obvscum however, but I'm drawing many associative tells I can expand on in the future. I don't really see townies jumping on my wagon, but I am content.

pedit: nerocain, get on the Tajun wagon. Notice how mastin makes lists? He's usually helpful as a townie, but here he's giving me pretty nasty vibes. Note carefully how he places one scum in his list (I suspect, Tajun). Note how he attacks townies on the list, never once mentioning his scumpartner again (Tajun seems to have disappeared from his posts). Note that he refuses to answer direct questions and comments regarding his posts in this game. He is a perfect vig target, but Tajun wagon is today's lynch.

Pine is either wrong, dumb scum with obvious buddying, or smart scum buddying up to mastintown. Mastin is a smart player, and as a result, I'm inclined to toss out the third situation. So Pine is completely off, but we're not sure if he's scum or not. The main thing about these posts is that we're getting distracted from ACTUAL scum, Tajun. Furcolow is a smart poster and can present the case better than I can, so I'll leave this to him.

For now, let's keep the Tajun wagon going strong.

pedit: Pine is chainsawing by attacking people who attack mastin. Pine, I'd invite you to reevaluate your reads, like Isa did. And she's obvtown for this reason. I don't have to meta you. What you're doing is scummy. And in your situation, where you don't account for mastinscum, if he is fooling you, it's pretty much an autoloss on your part.

@the guy who asked me about sampson/2 other people: I don't feel like answering your question right now as I'm focusing on Tajun, and mastin's very peculiar posting.

pedit2: Pine, you have to tell us who you're responding to. Also, I'm starting to find you scummy for your mastin interactions, mainly calling me scum BEFORE I even attacked a methodology, and being unable to explain mastin's amazing vote counts/lists/slashes. It's just fluff that makes little sense, and we're not going to buy this sort of crap.

pedit3: NeroCain, ignore the dumbtownie/scumpartner of mastin2. Vote Tajun with me and Furcolow. Don't let nero distract you.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 350, Nero Cain wrote:It was so OMGUS. After all, thats why I'm voting him. OK meta, thats all nice and junk but it doesn't mean Mastin DID NOT RECIEVE A SCUM PM.
If I was still a scum read there's no need for him to hop on another wagon. You know what that looks like? Scum trying to find a wagon that sticks.

Implies Mastin is scum.
In post 352, Nero Cain wrote:you know its also a chainsaw when you defend a townie for town cred.

Outright calls Mastin Town.

This, folks, is a scumslip. He accuses me of defending a Townie for "Town cred". But wait! Wasn't Mastin scum to you JUST A FEW POSTS AGO? Boom, headshot.

Unvote
Vote: Nero

No excuses. Confirmed scum first, then obvscum, then theories.

PE: And the confscum number two! Either I'm being fooled, or I'm obvscum. You can't have it both ways, honey. I reevaluated my reads when Mastin posted his lists. I am VERY good as scum, and this would be terribad scumplay. I don't need to spell out who I'm responding to in lowercase letters and one-word syllables interspersed with grunts and gestures. Grow some big girl panties and read.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Classy.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Pine »

Truth hurts, sweetheart. Better luck next time.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Tanjun

Can we lynch Mastin or Pine manana?

I DID NOT call Mastin town. What I was saying is that there's TWO types of chainsaws. One is scum defending town, the other is scum defending town/3rd party not in their group.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Pine »

Nifty. So are you hunting an SK, or another scumgroup with that statement?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

??????

It doesn't really matter to me who is who with what alignment. Your chainsawing Mastin. After your blatantly misreading me I'm convinced that you are scum.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Pine »

See, "chainsawing" implies I have an ulterior motive.

I do not. I think he is Town, you are scum.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Here is where I'll come in and point out why you're misrepresenting Nero Cain.

"It was so OMGUS. After all, thats why I'm voting him. OK meta, thats all nice and junk but it doesn't mean Mastin DID NOT RECIEVE A SCUM PM.
If I was still a scum read there's no need for him to hop on another wagon. You know what that looks like? Scum trying to find a wagon that sticks."

What Nero is saying here is that mastin could possibly be scum, you seem to have 100% unshakeable knowledge that he is town. You're not accounting for this possibility. He's not saying "oh god mastin is obvscum in this segment.

"you know its also a chainsaw when you defend a townie for town cred."

Here he's saying that it's highly likely that you are scum defending town for towncred, that this is a strong possibility as well.

Let me make it very simple. Your posts the last few pages have been pretty bad. I'm hoping for your sake that you're scum and not town, because you can't be this foolish as town. That would be saddening. You're not rethinking anything, I still see unwavering devotion to mastin2 on your part. mastin has been pretty scummy on the other hand, and I think everyone is positively certain that there is one scum between the two of you. If two, then you guys are a terrible scumteam. But one of you is scum without a doubt.

You're ruining my Tajun wagon at this point, and I'd like Furcolow's and Haze's thoughts. I need some help in resolving this mess.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Pine »

Here's a fun game: Why has Mastin been scummy? Other than thinking you're scum, of course.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

You answer my questions first, cupcake.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by Pine »

The only questions you've asked me that are unanswered is whether Mastin could do what he did as either scum or Town, and whether I'd previously listed you as Town.

Mastin can fake it as scum. I have enough experience with him and insight into his thought processes to determine that he's not faking it. He's not as stream-of-consciousness or scattered as scum, and his cases tend to be airtight and complete. Incomplete but compelling cases is a hallmark of MastinTown.

I have never listed you as Town. I do, however, note that I was a "Strong Town read" of yours as of 313. Magic, how that reversed as soon as I formulated a scumread on you.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:58 am

Post by bvoigt »

In post 347, Mist Beauty wrote:Nero Cain, just vote Tajun so that we can string up scum, then move onto mastin/pine/voigt

You've barely, if at all, mentioned me before this point. Why do you think I'm scum?

In post 355, Mist Beauty wrote:Note carefully how he places one scum in his list (I suspect, Tajun).

How could you possibly know this? It doesn't even make sense..."there's exactly one scum on Mastin's list, and it's probably Tajun but if one of those other guys is scum, then Tajun is town."

Can you show where Mastin provided explanations in that previous game? I think it looks similar to this game in that you can follow his train of thought, but he's not really spelling it out. Thus, I think your case on him is fabricated, and you are scum.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Isa »

In post 356, Pine wrote:
In post 350, Nero Cain wrote:It was so OMGUS. After all, thats why I'm voting him. OK meta, thats all nice and junk but it doesn't mean Mastin DID NOT RECIEVE A SCUM PM.

Implies Mastin is scum.
In post 352, Nero Cain wrote:you know its also a chainsaw when you defend a townie for town cred.

Outright calls Mastin Town.

This, folks, is a scumslip. He accuses me of defending a Townie for "Town cred". But wait! Wasn't Mastin scum to you JUST A FEW POSTS AGO? Boom, headshot.

Unvote
Vote: Nero

No excuses. Confirmed scum first, then obvscum, then theories.

PE: And the confscum number two! Either I'm being fooled, or I'm obvscum. You can't have it both ways, honey. I reevaluated my reads when Mastin posted his lists. I am VERY good as scum, and this would be terribad scumplay. I don't need to spell out who I'm responding to in lowercase letters and one-word syllables interspersed with grunts and gestures. Grow some big girl panties and read.

I endorse this product and/or service.

VOTE: Nero Cain
Leaving in three hours, but it seems like I might have Internet access during the time. Yay! No promises though.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:19 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nero Cain (3, L-8): Super Smash Bros. Fan, Pine, Isa
Mist Beauty (3, L-8): Zombeh-Pug, bvoit, mastin2
Furcolow (0, L-11):
Pine

Tajun (4, L-7): Mist Beauty, Furcolow, Sampson, Nero Cain (Okay, now you guys are just trolling me. :P)

Shouldn't have switched, apparently.
Unvote, VOTE: Nero Cain
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

So it's pretty clear I can't be correct about all five of my scumreads, given how 4/5 are on the fifth.

And no scumteam busses their scumbuddy *that* hardly, while putting all of their cards on the line.

So, somewhere I went wrong.

Nero and Mist are both scum, yes.

But that means there's a maximum of onw scum in {Tajun, Furcolow, Sampson} and that the other two must be town.

Which means I need to reread the game.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:30 am

Post by mastin2 »

Skimming Furcolow's ISO, there are actually quite a few places in Mirror Mafia where he wasn't posting walls, but a lot of his posts WERE walls, and impressive ones at that.

In THIS game, however, his most impressive walls are 209, iso 14 and 166 iso 5, which mainly gets its length from the nested quote and would otherwise be no more than a paragraph long.

It still looks like scum. But meta alone shouldn't be enough, right now. I need to check his interactions again. I remember that they fit beautifully into the scumteam, so I'll need to take another look at it to make sure of it.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:43 am

Post by mastin2 »

This would have to be the most blatant scumslip of all time, or proof that Furcolow can't be scum.

His Nero buddyinig also would be a hilariously bad idea if he were scum, too.

This is by far one of his scummier posts, as it sheeps pretty much the town's popular opinion at that point.

But again. This looks too blatant to be true.

I *want* to see something scummy in here, but...honestly. It does look like the town-Furcolow I remember, right there. More than any other post.

More Nero interaction.

Alright.
FURCOLOW IS SCUM:
-Meta suggests his shorter posts mean he is scum.
-He seems to sheep popular opinion a lot.
-He seems to be buddying a lot.

FURCOLOW IS TOWN:
-He's too blatant with Nero to be his scumbuddy.
-Some original thoughts are scattered throughout his ISO, and suggest a town mindset.
-In particular, 166/iso 5 reminds me EXACTLY of what I know when Furcolow is town.
-He also sheeps Mist, which effectively double-rules him out.

Lookin' better for Furcolow than I had originally assumed.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

I STILL say this is scummy.

Nero wrote:We should be PLing one of

Furcolow
Bogre
Lowell
Amrun

vote:Lowell
Heh, could've looked here as well to determine Furcolow's not scum. Nobody on that list is.

So let's do a little review.

Sampson <--Under review.
PeregrineV <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page 1.
Pine <--Obv-town.
Furcolow <--Town.
Bogre <--Town. (See also: Nero's PLs.)
Lowell <--Town. (See also: Nero's PLs.)
Amrun <--Town. (Observe the debate between her and Nero. That's not scumVscum.)
Shattered Viewpoint <--Town. (Via bandwagoned over halfway to a lynch.)
Mist Beauty <--Scum.
Haze <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
Nero Cain <--Scum.
ConSpiracy <--Town.
Alabaska J <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
MacDougall <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
Princess Kiwi <--Town.
Super Smash Bros. Fan <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
bvoigt <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
Isa <--Was town. (And more than any others, probably still will be. But still, I need to review just to make sure.) Hadn't posted by page one.
Zombeh-Pug <--SK.
Tajun <--Scum?

One down, fourteen to go. Narrowing it down a little, I'm left with:

Sampson <--Under review.
PeregrineV <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page 1.
Haze <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
Alabaska J <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
MacDougall <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
Super Smash Bros. Fan <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
bvoigt <--Was town. Hadn't posted by page one.
Isa <--Was town. (And more than any others, probably still will be. But still, I need to review just to make sure.) Hadn't posted by page one.
Tajun <--Scum?

...These names as still requiring review.

In a minute, though.

I woke up and came straight to this game. I'm hungry. :P (Be back after breakfast.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

For the record, though.

Shattered Viewpoint (7, L-4): Isa, Furcolow, Alabaska J, Bogre, Tajun, Princess Kiwi, Lowell

This is the peak of the SV wagon. There still HAS to be two scum in here. I said Tajun and Furcolow before. Now I know only one of them can be scum.
I'm ruling Lowell and Bogre out via Nero's PL suggestion, and I want to rule out Kiwi due to Kiwi's Nero/Mist interactions, which'd leave Isa and AlabaskaJ.
Both of whom were fairly high on my town-list.

...I need a freakin'
drink
meal. :P
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”