Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:08 am

Post by Phoebus »

Night 2 Phoebus was protected, but we couldn't see who did it. (Assuming yanqush)
Night 3 Blackberry was killed but escaped unseen. (Assuming Phoebus)
You were actually told the action being committed?
And I escaped unseen?
You're pushing it, C. :P

I haven't even begun re reading yet.
Over the weekend. Promise.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:49 am

Post by Someone »

Er, sorry. Blackberry was killed but we couldn't identify
the killer
(not blackberry, which would be weird :P)

And yep, I get the action.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:00 am

Post by Phoebus »

Here.
leaning towards voting lucky.
I'll keep the suspense though.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:04 am

Post by Phoebus »

You know...
In case I lynch the wrong person today, I still have a night choice to kill someone.
This could turn into a ghost town.

Technically, scum cannot win...
What say you, mod? (Answer by PM maybe?)

lucky's late claim and backup doc is iffy.
someone's third NW doesn't help see how percentages would work with 3 people, usualyly it's 2 and 50-100% success rate...
Can you explain what you were told about success rate, Someone?
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:09 am

Post by halo freak »

Unfortunatly i can't think of a way of answering that with out giving you some sort of clue about the remaining roles.
Become a replacement for Italian Mafia [b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=adecd9ea5f99eb6ee344bd18c4bf4de0]HERE[/url][/b]

*smacks Cadmium with stick for fun*
- Phoebus
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:23 am

Post by Someone »

We weren't told anything. I can speculate that it's maybe 66 and 33...but I really don't know.

We were just told that we would get less effective as we die off.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by HezLucky »

This is a regular mini.

Back-up doc is a regular role.
A third night watch is not.
Do I have to spell that out for you?

I'm assuming you didn't kill Tigris, because if you did then you have got to be one of the worst mafia players I've ever seen.
If you'd like to try some sort of scenario at night I'm also open to that.

It is possible for scum to win. You shoot me and Someone knifes you and I feel like such a jerk that I don't protect you... but that won't happen.
The scenario would be you shoot me, I save you, someone does whatever the hell he wants it doesn't really matter and we're left with a vigilante and a serial killer; draw.

On the other hand, assume I'm evil. What the hell do you have to lose by shooting me? The same you have to lose by lynching me ... that is, it will be a draw between yourself and a serial killer.

The only way you can win is by lynching Someone. If you lynch me, it will be a draw unless the SK is unnightkillable.

If that is the case, I truly hope that you lynch Someone.

And that's the best I can come up with at the moment seeing as you seem convinced that my late claim is a scum tell.

Why do you think I was so upfront and pretty much revealed Yanqush as the doc? Cuz I didn't give a damn if he died because scenarios could exist wherein I could shock the town by saving and then revealing mafia for all... that would've given us the immediate win.

Also, I thought we already had the immediate win. But apparently you didn't kill Tigris, so Someone is unblockable.

If he's unblockable, maybe he's unnightkillable as well. Heck, maybe he wins in tiebreakers too.

I can't think of anything at all to prove my innocence at the moment. Can you? Because if you can, we might have this one in the bag.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:04 am

Post by Someone »

There's no real arguement against neighboorhood watch. Hez, do you seriously think that this game should go into a mini theme? This game is still played normally, and there is no theme knowledge required...This is obviously a regular game.

Hez, what was the point of your little scenario? Phoebus night killing you has the same effect as him lynching you, no? If Phoebus lynches or nightkills you, we win. Else, we lose. That's all there is too it. Don't complicate matters with night scenarios that don't amount to anything.

If you would just look at my claim and hez's, you would realize that
hez's is bogus
. Hez's claim seems to be made up on the spot. If you look at his post 194, you'll see that he analyses the game without even
mentioning
the possibility of a backup doc. I'm sure the possibility would have occured to him, if he was the doc...

Plus, backup doc is a very obvious role to claim. Hez probably just slapped the role out there without giving it much thought contextually to the game. Just look back at his posts. Does it make much sense that he's the backup doc? On the other hand, my role, the watch was a less common role, but you
cannot look back
and find much at all to dispute that I hold that role.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:16 am

Post by HezLucky »

I think it makes perfect sense.
I refused to claim because if I did, my role would be absolutely useless.
Why is this so hard to believe?

Of course I'm not going to consider the possibility of a backup doc, why on earth would I do that? That would just be giving my role away early. I refused to claim and not considering the possibility that my role exists is consistent with that.

If you don't believe I'm the backup doc, you can test it out at night and confirm me. You simply can't do that with Someone's role.

Your argument about looking back at the game is bogus: heck, I coulda claimed neighborhood watch and it woulda checked out. Look at my interactions with DP. He was voting EYNH along with me. Never once did he vote for me.

If I coulda done what you're doing, then your argument holds no water. I mean, I could make up random facts that don't actually support my position easily. Here, I'll do it right now:
- Notice that NOBODY on my bandwagon at the beginning of the game was a good guy... this includes Someone. We have some mafia members and a traitor, as well as our SK here ... and EYNH, who I don't blame because I was voting for him.

So heck, it would make more sense for me to be a neighborhood watch then it would for you. If I can argue that successfully, then your argument holds no water.*

*Not claiming to be a neighborhood watch. Duh. I'm a back-up doc. Sorry, THE back-up doc.

And I'd like you to specifically find an inconsistency. There aren't any. This whole time, I admitted that I had no night choice. I did that BEFORE VIKINGFAN REVEALED WHO HE BLOCKED. [then he confirmed that he didn't block me] Why would I take a gambit like that when its unnecessary?

So much for your theory that I made it up on the spot.

Post 191 is ironic as well. Check that out. Someone had information and didn't reveal anything at all that could've helped us. This is a moot point at the moment. There's not much he could've said. But he hints at nothing.

I'll type more after a response.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:03 am

Post by Someone »

You're slipping, hez. Some of this stuff doesn't make sense at all.
If you don't believe I'm the backup doc, you can test it out at night and confirm me. You simply can't do that with Someone's role.
How? Detail the plan which would "confirm" you, and I'll listen.
Your argument about looking back at the game is bogus: heck, I coulda claimed neighborhood watch and it woulda checked out. Look at my interactions with DP. He was voting EYNH along with me. Never once did he vote for me.
The problem is, I claimed first. You couldn't have claimed neighboorhood watch without looking extremely suspicious. Actually, at first I thought you were going to claim the same thing as me, which is why I held back my claim. But then I realised that phoebus would know you were lying.
So heck, it would make more sense for me to be a neighborhood watch then it would for you. If I can argue that successfully, then your argument holds no water.
No, it doesn't. Because you aren't the watch. You couldn't claim the watch without looking suspicious. The fact that a number of coincidences make it look like you're part of it doesn't mean anything at this point.

Maybe I'll have to rethink though. On a reread of the whole game (not just your posts), it does make more sense that you were planning your claim. I did miss that you admitted that you had no night choice.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:57 am

Post by HezLucky »

There is no plan that can confirm me without Phoebus trusting me. [unless Phoebus can come up with something]

Glad to see you've missed some of my posts. Trust me, I would've never guessed in a million years that you would've claimed a THIRD neighborhood watch. Especially considering I've never played with the role before so I trust what the wiki says.

As for the whole neighborhood watch business that you didn't understand, I'm just saying... say hypothetically that I claimed first and claimed neighborhood watch. All my actions would check out (except for the "no night choice" dealie) ... meaning you can't really say that your actions check out because if I can claim the exact same thing, then you really have no argument.

A simpler equivalent were if you were to vote for me on some sort of logic and I could turn that logic around and use it on you. That would nullify your logic. The same goes for the whole "neighborhood watch - my actions make sense" dealie. Had I claimed it [which I wouldn't have, but still, think hypothetically], I probably could've passed it off as a reasonable claim too.

My roleclaim was planned to be drawn out as long as possible from the moment I got my role pending some sort of scenario where I was one from a lynch. Right now, I'm one from a lynch so my role claim cannot be delayed any longer. I would not have changed anything had I claimed two days ago or now. There is no flaw in my logic. There is no gaping hole in anything I say. Anything you use against me is a result of twisting my words around or a misunderstanding. I have not done anything inconsistent. The only reason I could possibly be voted on now is because Phoebus finds my late claim suspicious. I can't do anything about that. If you win this game, it's because you have out-argued me (as mafia games tend to be won). But if I can find a scenario that ensures that you cannot win, then I will go for it.

And I have hinted at my role's powers before today (ie. no night choice). You, Someone, have not. Who is making it up on the spot? Not I.

More coming after someone else posts.

Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:32 am

Post by Phoebus »

Trying to wrap my head around this.

You both sound scummy! :P
I'm trying to figure out some of the semantic aspects of the previous posts.

Seriously, if I let the SK win this, next time I'm vig, I'm killing every night! :P

Leaning towards lucky for late claim. Also leaning towards Somoene for improbability.

Can I vote SomeoneLucky? :P
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:46 am

Post by HezLucky »

I'd have no problem with you lynching both of us. Can we vote aye on that?

halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:28 pm

Post by halo freak »

Sure.

Vote Count

Hez - 0.5 (Phoebus)
Someone - 0.5 (Phoebus)
Become a replacement for Italian Mafia [b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=adecd9ea5f99eb6ee344bd18c4bf4de0]HERE[/url][/b]

- Phoebus
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:11 am

Post by Phoebus »

That's a majority to lynching both.
Do it!
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:31 am

Post by HezLucky »

Vote: Lynch Both Someone and HezLucky simultaneously

or if that's not allowed...

Vote: Someone

Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:50 am

Post by Phoebus »

Meh.
The time for thinking is over. The time for action is here.

Disclaimer: I have not been swayed by Lucky's latest vehemence. I might probably be the biggest sucker in the world. However, I will go with probability, more than improbability.

Vote: Someone
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:46 am

Post by halo freak »

Town Wins!!

Someone - 2 (Hezlucky, Phoebus)

Someone - Serial Killer (lynched day 3)

Hezlucky - Townie
Phoebus - Vigilante

- Phoebus
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:47 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

W00t! Good judgement in the end guys. Thanks for modding halo!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:03 am

Post by vikingfan »

Dang, that's too bad. Us Mafia had a great thing going too.

halo, you might want to change up your plans next time. Blackberry and I caught on early that the setup was a virtual copy of your Simpsons Mafia, which allowed me to kill Yanqush on consecutive nights. We just had bad luck-losing our mafia night 1 and our traitor day 1.

BTW, I found out after the game I wasn't a real roleblocker, just someone who beat people up and gave them a post restriction. I understand now why Someone kept quiet-he knew I was scum but my role gave him a nice alibi. Should have killed hez instead, Someone- if you had, it would have been a 3 way standoff between me, you, and Phoebus- not a bad conclusion with 3 killing roles. Though, of course, in that scenario, the game would end in obliteration.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:17 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

PS: Viking, I knew you were scum with night 2 investigation :)
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:20 am

Post by HezLucky »

Heh ... I actually AM back-up doc, not townie.

I have no idea how Phoebus made the right call there. If I were in his shoes I probably woulda screwed that up.

Good job man!

Good game all!

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:28 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Good thing we elected to kill you, then, LML- you gave me a copish vibe, so I sent Blackberry to kill you.

BTW, if my role had been a real rolelblocker, the game would have ended in complete obliteration- blackberry went after Phoebus and I whacked/kill Yanqush, but he chose (correctly!) to protect Phoebus. To me, that was the real play of the game, and I'm surprised he picked correctly. If he hadn't, scum (probably Someone) would have won the game without much trouble.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Someone »

Nooooooooo...

:P

Hmm...I was really in a spot when I realised what Hez's role was. I couldn't claim backup doc too, because Hez was the one who dropped the hint. Was there anything else that I could have done to have a better chance to win the game?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:04 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Killed hez instead of me, Someone. Though that wouldn't have given you the game (unless your win condition specified that you won if everyone else was dead). Doing that would have made everyone die.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”