Micro 725: Nomination Mafia | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Post by Chumley »

In post 349, Vedith wrote:
In post 348, Chumley wrote:But why? Lay the case out for me. If you are town it's your job to show me why you read somebody as town or scum.
No, my job is to find scum.
DUDE doesn't matter if you find every scum on day 1 if you don't convey why to the rest of town! You didn't back read, or ISO, like I told you, did you?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Vedith »

No I didn't read.
Why are you town? Last time I ask before I set myself to you and Comm as scum.
I claim scum \o/
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Chumley »

In post 349, Vedith wrote:
In post 348, Chumley wrote:But why? Lay the case out for me. If you are town it's your job to show me why you read somebody as town or scum.
Comm is scum. If you think I'm wrong, you can tell me why but I'm pretty biased.
Is it a meta read on your part? Have you played with Comm a pretty good deal enough to know when he is scum?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:04 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 352, Chumley wrote:Is it a meta read on your part? Have you played with Comm a pretty good deal enough to know when he is scum?
Yeah, me and Comm are best friends IRL.
I claim scum \o/
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:06 am

Post by Chumley »

In post 351, Vedith wrote:No I didn't read.
Why are you town? Last time I ask before I set myself to you and Comm as scum.
Well, the fact that I'm more than willing to be the mislynch if required on the assumption that the current pool is all town and I believe Comm and Alch would be more valuable alive on the assumption, of course, they are town should be telling.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:08 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 354, Chumley wrote:Well, the fact that I'm more than willing to be the mislynch if required on the assumption that the current pool is all town and I believe Comm and Alch would be more valuable alive on the assumption, of course, they are town should be telling.
Well, I do like that in all honesty.
Do you have the post(s) where you say this? I can look for them later otherwise as I'm at work.

However, if you 3 are set town, surely it shouldn't matter who is lynched out of the 3 of you?
I claim scum \o/
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:10 am

Post by Chumley »

In post 353, Vedith wrote:
In post 352, Chumley wrote:Is it a meta read on your part? Have you played with Comm a pretty good deal enough to know when he is scum?
Interesting then at least I would hope you could ISO him and break down for town why his behavior is indicative of his scum rather than town game and then boom we have a shot at making the correct lynch.
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:12 am

Post by Chumley »

In post 273, Chumley wrote:Good evening guys. If we are all 3 towns I'm probably the weakest link since I have a busy schedule and I'm playing a game elsewhere. I'd be willing to take it for the team if need be. No need to rush anything though we should try and get as much info out of the day phase as possible. UNVOTE: Alchemist21
@Vedith
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:13 am

Post by Vedith »

He answered me in a scum way to why he should be town.
I think that scum could be Ald and Comm.

Before I explain why on this, how did we get to choosing the 3 people for lynch? Who chose exactly because I wasn't told if I put any names forward.
If everyone chose 3 names, who chose what and why?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:14 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 357, Chumley wrote:
In post 273, Chumley wrote:Good evening guys. If we are all 3 towns I'm probably the weakest link since I have a busy schedule and I'm playing a game elsewhere. I'd be willing to take it for the team if need be. No need to rush anything though we should try and get as much info out of the day phase as possible. UNVOTE: Alchemist21
@Vedith
I like this less now...
But I think I'm onto something with Comm and Ald.
I claim scum \o/
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 am

Post by Chumley »

In post 358, Vedith wrote:He answered me in a scum way to why he should be town.
I think that scum could be Ald and Comm.

Before I explain why on this, how did we get to choosing the 3 people for lynch? Who chose exactly because I wasn't told if I put any names forward.
If everyone chose 3 names, who chose what and why?
The setup is open. Scum choose the 3.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:18 am

Post by Vedith »

And who ever isn't picked is on the next day?

Scum won't be together in a group 100% on this. There's 1 scum in each otherwise tomorrow (or today) it's a 2/3 chance of them being the chop.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 am

Post by Vedith »

I'm confident in Alch town here.
I'm also feeling rb as town (but less than Alch).
I claim scum \o/
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 361, Vedith wrote:And who ever isn't picked is on the next day?
In post 1, Draynth wrote:
Game Setup
  1. This game will start with 7 players and will be a confirmed
    5:2
    setup.
  2. This game is
    Nightless
  3. On odd-numbered Days, normal lynching mechanics apply.
  4. On even-numbered Days, a nomination mechanic applies to the lynch. At the start of Day, the mafia must select any three players (including themselves) to be available to be lynched. I will announce who the nominated players are for this day, and then everyone (including the three nominated) must only place votes on those three players until one is lynched.
  5. Town must lynch every day; as such, a plurality lynch rule applies at deadline if the town cannot decide. In the case of a tie, the lynch will be randomly decided.
  6. Mafia have daytalk.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 am

Post by Vedith »

Then again. Who do you think would be an easier push out of you and Alch, Chumley?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 am

Post by Vedith »

I don't read setups. I just go with it in game.
I claim scum \o/
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 am

Post by Chumley »

Be back this evening central standard time. I gotta be heading into work
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:23 am

Post by Vedith »

No worries, I'll be on fully in about 6 hours.
I claim scum \o/
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:34 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 353, Vedith wrote:
LOL no. Quit your lying you do not know me in real life.

Most of our games Vedith has been scum or scummy as fuck. He's slipped through because that's his meta in some games. Heck, in the game I just finished modding the town let Vedith survive and mafia got a perfect victory because they were tearing each other apart even though EVERYONE scumread him.

Now this one he is active and trying to play dumb like he usually does when scum. Not only that but it just so happens when we're set to lynch Alchemist that he begins trying. Meanwhile his "reads" are that Chumley and I may be scum. Pure definition of trying to break up the town block.

Furthermore Vedith, do you think I'd put myself on the lynch pool if I was scum? I'm one of the easiest mislynches out there when I'm town because I go against the current and actually try to solve the game. Putting me on this pool is a sure-fire way to make sure to push a narrative and NOW Vedith is looking at Aldu with a TR on rb. While I expect that from the 3 of them as they should be looking for the scum(s) among the 3 of them. Vedith has admitted to not even reading the set-up upon replacing in. Nor as he read anyone's ISO. Now he wants to push a Comm/Aldu narrative.

Vedith is a player I never see actually give solid reads as town, which to me tells me he is indeed scum and I'm beginning to think it's Vedith 100% + rb or even someone on this lynch pool. That's both my paranoia kicking in and the fact he's so adamant about choosing me for this lynch. I don't think it's Chumley, his interactions is soo townie that if he's scum he deserves the bloody win.

No, I think it's one of two set-ups.

Vedith + Alch
Vedith + rb

We can lynch Vedith tomorrow because he's 100% scum, but Alch, are you playing us? I know you won't answer me truthfully if you are but man, Vedith is hardcore trying to keep you from the noose today and that's setting off all the pings on my scumdar. He could be trying to buddy you, but it could be that you are actually scum. You are the first person who suggested a 1 on and 1 off the pool and now Vedith is trying to push it with it working in your favour here if you're scum-buddies.

But here's one part I do not understand. Why the hell does he think it's myself and Aldu? I want to lynch Aldu and Aldu wants to lynch me, in fact Aldu was going to be tomorrow's lynch target.

Let me explain. Now with people looking at Aldu for tomorrow's potential lynch, here comes Vedith to push that idea of Comm and then Aldu. Alch was ready to take the rope but lo and behold his buddy pops in to push another narrative. (The part where Alch was willing to take the rope says townie but then again maybe he'd use it for a last moment push onto someone else? But more than likely it's a Vedith + rb set-up). So basically he wants the town-block to doubt their biggest TR's. At least long enough that he can push an Aldu scum narrative regardless of who is lynched today. If he successfully pushes that Aldu = scum narrative he can mislynch him tomorrow and rb and Vedith would win. He also begins pushing it when we talk about Aldu BEING the lynch tomorrow and that a lot of us are SR'ing him.

If you guys decide to lynch me, I say take Vedith out here, that'll give you enough lynch-room that you can afford to be wrong at least one more time. But my senses say to check one of Alch/Chumley flip because of the fact I TR a scum every game and that I am not 100% certain on their alignments. I'm 95% certain, but not 100% because I'm not a cop this game.

Vedith, I swear to fuck if you're town I'm going to rip into you post-game. You're making me SR you over Aldu (and actually making me think Aldu is TOWN). If it's Aldu/Alch or Aldu/rb and you screwed this up for town by being scummy as usual. I'm going to haunt you.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 368, CommKnight wrote:We can lynch Vedith tomorrow because he's 100% scum, but Alch, are you playing us? I know you won't answer me truthfully if you are but man, Vedith is hardcore trying to keep you from the noose today and that's setting off all the pings on my scumdar. He could be trying to buddy you, but it could be that you are actually scum. You are the first person who suggested a 1 on and 1 off the pool and now Vedith is trying to push it with it working in your favour here if you're scum-buddies.
He was pushing me at first though. He did this same thing in 715 where he replaced in and demanded that everyone prove their Towniness to him. Honestly doesn't surprise me that he didn't read the setup; kinda figured that when he had to ask who's up to be lynched. I don't see him as trying to keep me from the noose as much as going down the list and getting reads on each player in his way.

I don't think I've seen Vedith's scumgame before, so I can't say for sure he does things differently as scum, but he's switching from person to person in a way that feels more fluid and natural to me.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 am

Post by CommKnight »

Two examples of his scum-play.

The game I modded

The game I replaced into

The games where he's town his reads are so bad that if they were followed, town would lose 100% of the time.

I think I got enough experience with Vedith to know something's up when I see it.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Vedith »

Comm is caught scum.
So that leaves rb and Ald, and I don't think it's rb.

Easy game, easy money.

VOTE: Comm
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 368, CommKnight wrote:Vedith, I swear to fuck if you're town I'm going to rip into you post-game. You're making me SR you over Aldu (and actually making me think Aldu is TOWN). If it's Aldu/Alch or Aldu/rb and you screwed this up for town by being scummy as usual. I'm going to haunt you.
Also, this is something scum Comm would say.
Thou art too obvious.
I claim scum \o/
Chumley
Chumley
Goon
Chumley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Chumley »

In post 372, Vedith wrote:
In post 368, CommKnight wrote:Vedith, I swear to fuck if you're town I'm going to rip into you post-game. You're making me SR you over Aldu (and actually making me think Aldu is TOWN). If it's Aldu/Alch or Aldu/rb and you screwed this up for town by being scummy as usual. I'm going to haunt you.
Also, this is something scum Comm would say.
Thou art too obvious.
Give me evidence that town CK acts differently and maybe you persuade me and the rest of town. How have you bullshitted your way this long without becoming an auto policy lynch in every game you play?
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Draynth »

What're you lookin' at...
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”