Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 345, Chip Butty wrote:So you just typed a paragraph to say you think he is lurking?
I don't think it's just lurking
per se
because if it's the case, I would be IceGuy.

It's just something like this...
In post 128, Realeo wrote:
@CommKnight
Are you genuinely indifferent with every shit that happens? The last time you posted was page 5 and in that post it seems you're still in RVS mood?
...but the severity of it becomes worse as time progress.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Wait, A21's question was about Assembler. Are you talking about him or CK, or both?

Also i don't see the distinction between what you're pointing out, and lurking...
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 339, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 332, Mulch wrote:Chip - - can you link some games when that has happened
Not for philosophy specifically, it was elsewhere. Once it was scum.me. i took a lot of flak for it but ultimately survived.

What i am saying is it is a form of iioa, as i have said a couple of times, and that is so much of a thing that it has an entry in the wiki.

I don't consider it a bad rationale for poking at someone early on a slow d1. I don't see why people are getting excited about it, except that it IS a slow d1.

The vibe i get from Realio is he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, but that isn't AI.

You said every time you've seen this it's been scum tho right- even if it's another site, can you link when you've seen it
Amrock#3784
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 72, IceGuy wrote:
In post 41, grapes wrote: Not to literal you to death but at this point I don't have a read on anyone based on three words.

But I mean different strokes for different blokes; I don't enjoy sitting around until some arbitrary word count to happen on page 3 in order to stop censoring myself so that people don't immediately discredit me based on playstyle for giving thoughts as they come to me.
You made a list of people you consider town/null/scum. This list included people who've posted three words and people that aren't in the game. You posted things that look like they're useful to town, but aren't.

I also really don't like the way how you vote everybody who attacks you.

VOTE: grapes

On the other hand, I'm not completely convinced that grapes is scum; I have this nagging feeling scum is sitting amongst the lurkers and laughing at how we're attacking ourselves.

Alchemist is town. Realeo is probably town, at least I don't think he's bussing. Everybody else - that includes Chip Butty - needs to post non-RVS posts.
In post 247, IceGuy wrote:Back from work, catching up.
In post 161, UnaBombaH wrote: I'm comfortable with this, maybe put me one slot higher in your next list? :]
I do not like how you try to persuade people to rate you townier. If you want people to consider you town, do something useful to town, don't just say you want to be considered town.
In post 164, Luca Blight wrote: Uh, no. I've seen you coasting on the back of Grapes the whole game so far and have done little else.
Are you really just going to dismiss my entire post like that?
Yes, because you're saying that I'm scum based on things like that I'm unsure with my reads (on page 3 of all places), or that my reads change.
Now you have unvoted Grapes, who is your biggest scum read?
The whole peanut gallery of lurkers. ironstove, Assemblerotws, Duckworth/Riddleton. I'm not going to rank them because they're equally useless. UnaBombaH at least posts but I don't like what I'm seeing. Since there is a wagon on him by a player I consider towny, I'm going to vote him VOTE: UnaBombaH, and hereby express my intention to vote any of the other three if a wagon will form.
Considering he has done nothing else in this game though, wouldn't you agree it seems like he's trying to 'look useful without being so' which is exactly what he actually sumread Grapes for in the first place?
I've provided actual content, which grapes at that point hadn't.
In post 171, Chip Butty wrote:VOTE: Realio

Overtheorising.
This is a bad vote and the justification in #174 is even worse.
In post 183, Realeo wrote: I'm waiting for his vote to see if he actually meant it. Given how he read my post, I can no longer predict the sentiment of his text.
I'm not voting Luca. I don't consider him particularly scummy.
In post 191, Chip Butty wrote: 3. Cruising. Yes I've been cruising, because this game has been developing very slowly and boringly and i have two others i am way more engaged with.
I have a question. Why do you consider this game boring?
In post 287, IceGuy wrote:
In post 257, Luca Blight wrote: I don't like the reasons for this vote or the position he is conveying either - he's focusing on the lurkers who are the easy targets for the lynch. He doesn't care which of them is lynched and has made it clear he will switch to any of them if a wagon forms. Basically this just looks opportunistic to me.
Do you always get your #1 scumread lynched? Don't you see the point in compromising?
And yet ChipButty isn't someone you're considering for the lynch (based on your quote above)? You have genuine reasons to vote ChipButty so why just pick on the lurkers instead?
A bad justification is not necessarily a scummy justification. Also, why are you so intent on defending the lurkers who have literally contributed nothing to the game?
You said earlier that I had decided to start a wagon on you and was trying to find reasons - that implies a scum read to me, or do you think Town would have similar motivation?
As above: Town does bad things.
In post 290, IceGuy wrote:
In post 288, Realeo wrote:
In post 287, IceGuy wrote:Do you always get your #1 scumread lynched? Don't you see the point in compromising?
Isn't it too early to compromise? I personally would only compromise during deadline or people are starting to tunnel.
I haven't changed my vote from UnaBombaH and I currently do not intend doing so (especially with his first "content" post, which is basically OMGUS). I still hope the UnaBombaH wagon goes through.

However, if the UnaBombaH wagon falls apart and there's a wagon on any of the other three (and they do not start being towny posters), I will immediately switch. I would also switch back if there's a UnaBombaH wagon after all and he doesn't suddenly start to become town.

Read list:

Town: Chip Butty/Alchemist/Realeo
Leaning town: Luca/CK/grapes
Neutral: Mulch/GNB
Leaning scum: ironstove/Duckworth
Scum: Assemble/UnaBombaH
In post 304, Luca Blight wrote:And anyone else surprise by IceGuy's ChipButty Townread?

I've only seen him say negative things about him so far, yet suddenly he's first name on his Townie list.
I'm surprised to be top tier, but null to tl wouldn't have surprised me. As far as i can see, his only mentions of me prior to the tr were

1. Pointing out i needed to make non-RVS posts, which at that time was true.
2. Asking why i found the game boring. (Answer: because i did. It has improved now)
3. Defending me by saying my justification for my Realeo vote could be badtown rather than scummy.

Could you point out where Iceguy made negative comments about me prior to his tr?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 352, Mulch wrote:
In post 339, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 332, Mulch wrote:Chip - - can you link some games when that has happened
Not for philosophy specifically, it was elsewhere. Once it was scum.me. i took a lot of flak for it but ultimately survived.

What i am saying is it is a form of iioa, as i have said a couple of times, and that is so much of a thing that it has an entry in the wiki.

I don't consider it a bad rationale for poking at someone early on a slow d1. I don't see why people are getting excited about it, except that it IS a slow d1.

The vibe i get from Realio is he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, but that isn't AI.

You said every time you've seen this it's been scum tho right- even if it's another site, can you link when you've seen it
No sorry. It's a site i haven't played at in over a year. I really don't have the time to go digging rhere. Lynch me for it if you want.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

@ChipButty
- These are the only times IceGuy mentioned you before he posted his reads list.
Alchemist is town. Realeo is probably town, at least I don't think he's bussing. Everybody else - that includes Chip Butty - needs to post non-RVS posts.
In post 247, IceGuy wrote:

Overtheorising.
In post 191, Chip Butty wrote: 3. Cruising. Yes I've been cruising, because this game has been developing very slowly and boringly and i have two others i am way more engaged with.
In post 247, IceGuy wrote: I have a question. Why do you consider this game boring?
As you can see, there is nothing there to indicate a Town read, and the middle quote is clearly negative.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 354, Chip Butty wrote:No sorry. It's a site i haven't played at in over a year. I really don't have the time to go digging rhere. Lynch me for it if you want.
Can I have the site name and the user name please. The no lifer can do the meta digging if you don't want.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Btw what happened to Grapes?

Hasn't posted for three days.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Realeo »

He haven't being online on any games so site flake?

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I plan to also do a comprehensive reads list at some point today.

I think the more who do this the better so we can get an idea of where we're at, given we're now approaching the deadline.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 356, Realeo wrote:
In post 354, Chip Butty wrote:No sorry. It's a site i haven't played at in over a year. I really don't have the time to go digging rhere. Lynch me for it if you want.
Can I have the site name and the user name please. The no lifer can do the meta digging if you don't want.
You're joking, right?

Right?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 355, Luca Blight wrote:
@ChipButty
- These are the only times IceGuy mentioned you before he posted his reads list.

Overtheorising.
In post 247, IceGuy wrote: I have a question. Why do you consider this game boring?
As you can see, there is nothing there to indicate a Town read, and the middle quote is clearly negative.
As he explained later, he was saying badtown, not scummy.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

But yeah, like i said, I'm surprised to be top tier. Food for thought there, for sure.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 361, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 355, Luca Blight wrote:
@ChipButty

Overtheorising.
As he explained later, he was saying badtown, not scummy.
The post of mine you quoted () was made before his explanation.

Not that I'm too trusting of that explanation at this point - if he thought it was 'bad town' he should have said so in - not doing so implied a scum read, if anything.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Yeah i still haven't done my reread of this game. I got caught up in another game. I hope to do it a bit later but no promises.

Iceguy ISO, too.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

@Luca: I'm not too trusting of that explanation either, but your reason for doubting it seens thin / reachy.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 365, Chip Butty wrote:@Luca: I'm not too trusting of that explanation either, but your reason for doubting it seens thin / reachy.

How so?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 366, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 365, Chip Butty wrote:@Luca: I'm not too trusting of that explanation either, but your reason for doubting it seens thin / reachy.

How so?
For example, he might have thought that by calling my vote bad rather than scummy, he thought he would be understood as saying badtown. If he has a history of using 'bad' and 'scummy' interchangeably, then this explanation doesn't work though.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 367, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 366, Luca Blight wrote:

How so?
For example, he might have thought that by calling my vote bad rather than scummy, he thought he would be understood as saying badtown. If he has a history of using 'bad' and 'scummy' interchangeably, then this explanation doesn't work though.

The way I see it, why bother commenting on it if he's not reading it as scummy? If he's reading it as bad Town then fair enough, but make that clear. I think any reasonable player reading that would assume he's marking it as scummy based on wording.

It just seems to me like he's thrown that in there for the sake of content, and then backtracked a bit that 'bad' actually meant 'bad town' when called out on it.

It doesn't feel genuine to me, but if you think that's 'reachy' then that's your call.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

I'm not saying it's not worth noting. My impression of Iceguy is that he makes nitpicking criticisms of people, perhap wanting to be seen doing something and casting shade. I know that is similar to what has been said by others. I'll have a clearer picture when i do the ISO.

I also feel there might be a slight push to set me up for today's lynch. Something I'll look for in my reread.

Now i must really break away for a while...
DuckWorth
DuckWorth
Townie
DuckWorth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by DuckWorth »

In post 335, Mulch wrote:
In post 249, DuckWorth wrote:Many of his votes are reactionary and trigger-happy at mild issues and therefore they give me a scumvibe.
Why?
A lot of his vote timings and motives are strange to me. He uses votes too aggressively in a way that isn't town for me.
  • is RVS so that is fine.

• doesn't have a town motive behind it. He chooses to vote instead of the (more logical) approach to ask why Una was voting me.

• is the worst vote and justification from him so far. Again the flaw is like above as there's no intent to question, but rather just vote. Additionally, he is being too quick to react and vote Realio based on 1 philosophy post he made prior.

• is his vote on me. Make of that what you will; I am biased. However, I believe his justification and motive for this vote is better than his previous vote on 174 which made no sense to me.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Vote Count 1.4

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

Assemblerotws- 1 (Realeo
Realeo- 1 (grapes)
Chip Butty- 2 (Duckworth, CommKnight)
GameNBurger- 0
ironstove- 0
IceGuy- 3 (Mulch, Luca Blight, UnaBombaH)
Luca Blight- 0
Duckworth- 1 (Chip Butty)
Mulch- 0
Alchemist21- 0
grapes- 0
CommKnight- 0
UnaBombaH- 2 (Alchemist 21, Ice Guy)

Also, I am aware I am a day late, but grapes has been prodded. He has 24 hours to post, or he will be replaced.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:56 am

Post by grapes »

Prod received.

Reading up!
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:53 am

Post by grapes »

Realeo wrote:Pardon? I think I make the division clear between my concern against you and against Alchemist?
I realize it's annoying how stickler I am for details but can you put into words why you didn't think alch and I was scum/scum.
In post 134, Realeo wrote:I agree that IceGuy is sketchy, but I am considering the chance if both grapes and IceGuy are cases of "awkwardly done transparency under good faith"
Not a bad post--mimicked my thoughts a bit.

Luca's heart seems to be in the right place; like normally I'd agree that iceguy's line "but I'm not convinced grapes is scum" would be scummy but you have to consider how early it was and how rigid iceguy seems to be.

Like that's probably the earliest scumread he's ever had.
In post 137, Chip Butty wrote:@Grapes: sorry if I've missed this in your gargantuan posts, but can you please link us to a game where you were town and played in a similar style?

@Luca: Speaking of easy, how come you have accepted Grapes's account of his style without asking him what I have just asked him?
Not one of my prouder games but this one comes immediately to mind.
In post 149, Mulch wrote:VOTE: gamenburger

@grapes
- why did you have my predecessor as scum early game?
Believe I touched on this a bit already but; Smooth and Game's rvs posts were a bit worse than the rest in that they were null to the point of kinda being scummy; I'm not sure if that's gonna make sense to you but there ya go.

Not a bad vote either btw.
In post 204, Chip Butty wrote:I can see it's going to be one of THOSE games.
Shaping up that way.
In post 249, DuckWorth wrote:I tr Commtown, his reads list is solid and I agree with it for the most part.

I also tr Realeo based on his posts in Page 8/9 about mafia analysis and his general tone when stating his philosophy on the game.

Chip's vote in 171 is strange and has little basis to it, especially so as we are out of RVS now. Many of his votes are reactionary and trigger-happy at mild issues and therefore they give me a scumvibe.

I still dislike the amount of reads that grapes good so early in the game.

VOTE: ChipButty
VOTE: Duck
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 34, DuckWorth wrote:VOTE: Grapes

Hello.
In post 112, DuckWorth wrote:Apologies for the confusion everyone and apologies for the alt slip. I am riddleton.

I will post more later on.
In post 249, DuckWorth wrote:I tr Commtown, his reads list is solid and I agree with it for the most part.

I also tr Realeo based on his posts in Page 8/9 about mafia analysis and his general tone when stating his philosophy on the game.

Chip's vote in 171 is strange and has little basis to it, especially so as we are out of RVS now. Many of his votes are reactionary and trigger-happy at mild issues and therefore they give me a scumvibe.

I still dislike the amount of reads that grapes good so early in the game.

VOTE: ChipButty
In post 250, DuckWorth wrote:EBWOP: "I still dislike the amount of reads that grapes got so early in the game"
In post 252, DuckWorth wrote:How about make up your own reads?
In post 334, DuckWorth wrote:Iceguy why do you tr Chip?
In post 370, DuckWorth wrote:
In post 335, Mulch wrote:
In post 249, DuckWorth wrote:Many of his votes are reactionary and trigger-happy at mild issues and therefore they give me a scumvibe.
Why?
A lot of his vote timings and motives are strange to me. He uses votes too aggressively in a way that isn't town for me.
  • is RVS so that is fine.

• doesn't have a town motive behind it. He chooses to vote instead of the (more logical) approach to ask why Una was voting me.

• is the worst vote and justification from him so far. Again the flaw is like above as there's no intent to question, but rather just vote. Additionally, he is being too quick to react and vote Realio based on 1 philosophy post he made prior.

• is his vote on me. Make of that what you will; I am biased. However, I believe his justification and motive for this vote is better than his previous vote on 174 which made no sense to me.
1. I have voted 4 times in this game, inc 1 rvs vote. Yet Ducky uses the phrase 'Many of his votes...' in #249. Then in this post he uses the phrase 'A lot of his vote timings...' And then discussing #174 he calls it my 'worst vote and justification SO FAR'. It's my second serious vote! This all represents a sustained effort to deceitfully present a very minor thing as a major thing.

2. He criticises my voting Una and Realeo because i didn't question them first Look through Duck's ISO up there: Did he question me before voting me? No, he didn't.

3. His criticism of my #171 is flogging a dead horse. It has been addressed.

4. He is saying he is voting me for my votes on Una and Realeo, Yet he also describes my votes as 'reactionary and trigger-happy at mild issues'. Pot, kettle, black much?

All in all it looks like a very contrived attack, constructed to look considered and balanced but in reality anything but.

We should lynch this guy.

Return to “Completed Open Games”