HoldenGolden
(1):
Raya36 ()
Chemist1422
(1):
Fredrick A Campbell ()

Not Voting
(5):
Sujimichi, Chemist1422, Mohab500 (), Homura (), Snowblaze ()

With 13 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-14 12:17:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 333, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 331, Ydrasse wrote:...
@fredrick: what reasons do you think i would have for not posting here as much? ()
I am not going to give you the reasons I thought up so that you can use them. Give us your reasons.
honestly, hearing that makes it seem like there's not a whole lot of reason behind it.

i wasn't active here because it's my first non-newbie game and i find it daunting to tackle a new setup and concepts. it's way easier for me to offer content to games that i have been active in before i went v/la and that i am comfortable with the setups for. there's less i feel i have to go through and think about in those than here where save for a brief in the moment thoughts i haven't been able to get too deeply into reading through until last night when i was up to the task.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 349, Umlaut wrote:
In post 345, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:VOTE: Chemist1422

I would like to point out what this player has done is worse than Ydrasse. (citation)
Your citation is their list of posts sitewide. Could you be a little more specific?
Sure. I just thought I didn't have to to be understood. Chemist1422 had posted more in their other games than Ydrasse had in the same span of time.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:20 pm

In post 351, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 333, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 331, Ydrasse wrote:...
@fredrick: what reasons do you think i would have for not posting here as much? ()
I am not going to give you the reasons I thought up so that you can use them. Give us your reasons.
honestly, hearing that makes it seem like there's not a whole lot of reason behind it.

i wasn't active here because it's my first non-newbie game and i find it daunting to tackle a new setup and concepts. it's way easier for me to offer content to games that i have been active in before i went v/la and that i am comfortable with the setups for. there's less i feel i have to go through and think about in those than here where save for a brief in the moment thoughts i haven't been able to get too deeply into reading through until last night when i was up to the task.
A reason you might have been doing so was to do so was to do your part in stalling the game, which I thought.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

that’s fair!

honestly i don’t blame you because i feel the inactive slots might have scum who don’t know how to integrate into the town; given that the wagons so far are all fragmented, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s mainly town players voting and reaching for smaller scummy things to push upon with lack of actual content from the absent and theoretically scum spots.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pm

In post 332, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 328, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 327, RCEnigma wrote:Frederick comes off genuine. Didn't really think claiming there was no day talk to discredit Mohab made much sense in the first place.
I don't think the post quoted below was discrediting anyone.
In post 305, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 79, Eevee wrote:
In post 62, Homura wrote:Bear with me since I rarely play setups besides the Newbie one, but is Holden being post-restricted? I don't remember which game it was that had a player similarly bound by pirate-speak.
in contrast to Mohab's setup question - this i like

Homura usually plays newbie games and she's apparently played in game where a player had a pirate speak post restriction before so this is a legitimate question to ask
it being a legitimate question means she could've asked it in her scum PT or not suspected it in the first place if scum have said soemthing about the open setup in there

it's minor High Seas points to Homura - let's just say 1 actually i don't do halves

~Eve
I would like to point out that mafia doesn't have daytalk and Homura thus couldn't have asked it in the scum PT. Also, scum might not have said anything about the open setup in there, causing what we observed.
Err I meant Homura there. You aren't discrediting a read directly but by challenging Eevee's basis for defending Homura by pointing out no day talk it nullifies the reasoning eevee had.

But day talk can be confirmed or disconfirmed so it's not something scum would fake having or not having. I'm saying I don't think that's what you were doing there.
"But day talk can be confirmed or disconfirmed so it's not something scum would fake having or not having." I didn't claim to be scum and have daytalk. What are you trying to say?
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

@Ydrasse, I agree on the lack of actual scumreads from most players - that, more than the consensus townreads, is making me feel scum are lurking. Also, your vote is still on Menalque - do you scumread him now he’s explained his play? And if so, why?

@Fredrick, generally if you want people to vote for someone with you it’s wise to make yourself understood.

@RCEnigma, who do you think is most likely to be “scum agreeing and banking on a low info lurker lynch”?

Chemist gets slight townpoints for their only response to Fredrick’s accusations being “wat”, I feel like scum would be more likely to take accusations seriously.

I’m concerned by the number of townreads and leans I have now. Maybe I need to be more paranoid. Or maybe scum
are
just lurking, and I have so many townreads because all the players who are around and contributing are town.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:49 pm

In post 356, Snowblaze wrote:...
@Fredrick, generally if you want people to vote for someone with you it’s wise to make yourself understood.
I've attempted to make a clarification. If there is something you still don't understand, please be more explicit.
In post 352, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 349, Umlaut wrote:
In post 345, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:VOTE: Chemist1422

I would like to point out what this player has done is worse than Ydrasse. (citation)
Your citation is their list of posts sitewide. Could you be a little more specific?
Sure. I just thought I didn't have to to be understood. Chemist1422 had posted more in their other games than Ydrasse had in the same span of time.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Chemist gets slight townpoints for their only response to Fredrick’s accusations being “wat”, I feel like scum would be more likely to take accusations seriously.
I would like to point out that since making that post, Chemist1422 has posted 4 times in Micro 953: Treestump Express as of the time I am making this post. (citation)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I had a minor emergency come up this afternoon-evening and now it's 3am and I have to sleep. I'll engage with this game tomorrow.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 pm

In post 359, Umlaut wrote:I had a minor emergency come up this afternoon-evening and now it's 3am and I have to sleep. I'll engage with this game tomorrow.
Whatever it is, I wish it was solved. See you in the morning. (Your morning, it's already afternoon here.)
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:12 pm

In post 114, Eevee wrote:
In post 60, Chemist1422 wrote:holden's take on the mechanics was towny imo it's a bit bold for scum
Which takes do you referring to? And why do you think mechanic talk is "bold" in any circumstance?

~Eva
Anyway, I just noticed this post and looked through your ISO, Chemist1422. You have not responded to this question and I am interested in the answer.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 355, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 332, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 328, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 327, RCEnigma wrote:Frederick comes off genuine. Didn't really think claiming there was no day talk to discredit Mohab made much sense in the first place.
I don't think the post quoted below was discrediting anyone.
In post 305, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 79, Eevee wrote:
In post 62, Homura wrote:Bear with me since I rarely play setups besides the Newbie one, but is Holden being post-restricted? I don't remember which game it was that had a player similarly bound by pirate-speak.
in contrast to Mohab's setup question - this i like

Homura usually plays newbie games and she's apparently played in game where a player had a pirate speak post restriction before so this is a legitimate question to ask
it being a legitimate question means she could've asked it in her scum PT or not suspected it in the first place if scum have said soemthing about the open setup in there

it's minor High Seas points to Homura - let's just say 1 actually i don't do halves

~Eve
I would like to point out that mafia doesn't have daytalk and Homura thus couldn't have asked it in the scum PT. Also, scum might not have said anything about the open setup in there, causing what we observed.
Err I meant Homura there. You aren't discrediting a read directly but by challenging Eevee's basis for defending Homura by pointing out no day talk it nullifies the reasoning eevee had.

But day talk can be confirmed or disconfirmed so it's not something scum would fake having or not having. I'm saying I don't think that's what you were doing there.
"But day talk can be confirmed or disconfirmed so it's not something scum would fake having or not having." I didn't claim to be scum and have daytalk. What are you trying to say?
That you wouldn't have said what you said if you were scum.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

You guys cool with 1 sentence responses if I let you guys know that's my prerogative beforehand? Just to keep things concise and simple.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 356, Snowblaze wrote:@RCEnigma, who do you think is most likely to be “scum agreeing and banking on a low info lurker lynch”?
If snow/ydrasse/suji has >2 scum probably Mohab/menalque/Raya farther off, ≈1/2 scum.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:22 pm

In post 364, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 356, Snowblaze wrote:@RCEnigma, who do you think is most likely to be “scum agreeing and banking on a low info lurker lynch”?
If snow/ydrasse/suji has >2 scum probably Mohab/menalque/Raya farther off, ≈1/2 scum.
I'm less certain that Ydrasse is scum now. His given reason for what he did is consistent with observable evidence. That just makes him null for me, though.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Eevee »

In post 315, Menalque wrote:Interesting that Eve hates dumbtells, I wouldn’t have guessed that. And idk, but I didn’t do exactly read the setup closely. Maybe mohab received an invitation and decided to accept on the basis of that + a good PL and moderator?
it's less so that I hate dumbtells and more i get polarising opinions about them - i often strongly townread or scumread them
In post 323, Umlaut wrote:I mean I agree it probably should have been in the rules already one way or the other, and that it's reasonable to assume no daytalk.
actually i think it's reasonable to assume daytalk if there's no mention in the rules - daytalk is the standard nowadays
i have some questions for you: when's the last time you made an omelette, what is your read on Mohab, and would you like to join Eva and i at the midnight buffet - since Ydrasse shut us down?
In post 331, Ydrasse wrote:@eevee: is meta the sole reason that snowblaze gets a little scum ping for having reads so early on? () you liked when umlaut provided a reads list that had little to substantiate it. () so i guess i don't see how the situations distinguish themselves from one another save for the meta...?
yep in a vacuum the snowblaze early reads i'd like for town but it doesn't work out that way because of meta for her

~Eve
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Eevee »

In post 358, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
I would like to point out that since making that post, Chemist1422 has posted 4 times in Micro 953: Treestump Express as of the time I am making this post. (citation)
you shouldn't talk about other ongoing voyages btw

why have you decided to use cross game activity tells to this extent on today's cruise? i skimmed though your last town expedition and couldn't find you use a single one - do you scumread anyone in this game for their content alone and not those tells?

~Eve
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:10 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 366, Eevee wrote:i have some questions for you: when's the last time you made an omelette, what is your read on Mohab, and would you like to join Eva and i at the midnight buffet
This is an FL post.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:11 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I don't think Eve is FL for clarity.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

I’m not going to answer fredrick because I’m of the opinion that cross-game activity tells should be against the rules if they aren’t already
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 366, Eevee wrote:actually i think it's reasonable to assume daytalk if there's no mention in the rules - daytalk is the standard nowadays
i have some questions for you: when's the last time you made an omelette, what is your read on Mohab, and would you like to join Eva and i at the midnight buffet - since Ydrasse shut us down?
I guess either is something a person could assume, because no daytalk is the historical standard but having daytalk seems to be in practice more common now.

I haven't made an omelette in quite a while, but I do have some ham in the fridge so I may have to do that later! Thanks for the suggestion.

I've been very disengaged from this game and don't have real reads on anyone atm, but I'm planning to get some today! At the moment I would just say Mohab hasn't done anything to make me think she's town and I found her RVS behavior unnatural (unvoting "because RVS is over" is ridiculous and something that seems to indicate a "going through the steps" mindset rather than a "finding scum" one)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Umlaut »

Oh, and I'm intrigued by the midnight buffet and may take you up on that, depending on what genre of food we're talking about.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: holden
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I would say "do you want to explain that vote, Menalque" but I assume you would have explained it if you wanted to
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Open Games”