Mini 655 - Eddie Izzard Mafia (Game Over!)

ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Korlash wrote:
Clock wrote:A vote is a call to lynch or pressure, if I look back am I going to see you questioning Ku_F or adding any other kind of pressure to her?
This statement is so unbelievably biased I'm having a hard time not throwing it into prison for the possibility it will do a hatecrime some day.

Votes are made for all sort of reasons, thousands even... hell we have an entire phase of the game devoted to "random votes" which are arguably neither a call to lynch or pressure votes. We have lurker votes, V/LA votes, deadline votes, pre-analysis replacement votes, you can't try to hold every vote as this or that... thats... just plain BS. They are all different, and all made for different reasons.

Now I'm not going to try and guess what his vote was or was not for, thats for him to explain, I'm just tired of seeing full on cases made over something as badly thought up of as the legitamacy of every single vote ever made being the same.

Heck I can remember times I've voted a player I
thought
was town in order to help further confirm or prove his townyness. That vote was not a call for a lynch, nor was it just some lame excuse of "pressure." It was specifically designed to help increase the strength of my attack, and help increase his level of responce.
It was pressure though and you wanted to judge how he reacted. I'm being very bland when I give those general terms. Did you want me to list every single reason? :D

I just gave the most general reasons I was thinking of at the time.
Max wrote:no, because she could not answer to prior persons actions. It was because danger asked me to vote for someone there and then, I had not read completely/in depth, as my prior vote was based on a skim read it would be unfair to place on someone who a lynch even had a chance of a lynch.
So... you made your vote because Danger asked you to?

FoS
Max. Why are you attempting to appease someone who the entire town is finding very suspicious at this moment? Plus, if you haven't read the entire thread, why would you even bother voting? I find this being really irresponsible with your vote. Even if there was no threat of a lynch on Ku_F.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Korlash »

Clock wrote:I just gave the most general reasons I was thinking of at the time.
Exactly. But you seemed to be implying Max's vote did not follow them, so I was merely pointed out it didn't
have
to follow them, and that it might follow them anyways.

it's really hard for me to argue this without saying things Max needs to answer... *sighs*
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Korlash wrote:
Clock wrote:I just gave the most general reasons I was thinking of at the time.
Exactly. But you seemed to be implying Max's vote did not follow them, so I was merely pointed out it didn't
have
to follow them, and that it might follow them anyways.

it's really hard for me to argue this without saying things Max needs to answer... *sighs*
At least you don't say things that he should. That's a big pet peeve of mine.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Korlash »

I know but i wana... ;_;...

*sigh* whats the time we have left anyways?

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Sierra »

This is my last login before the deadline, so I'm going to hammer. I'm sure you guys can save this discussion with Max for the next day.

Vote Danger.
Ku_F
Ku_F
Goon
Ku_F
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by Ku_F »

This is the end for danger. I hope we can save the discussion, but that we'll see the next day.
Who's scum aru?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well way I figure it if he flips town then we need to find out who jumped on his wagon after he started flailing around and never let up. I'd say if he turns out town CKD has a smaller chance of actually being scum seeing as how he started this whole mess. I'd be a lot more worried about the people who's main points against Danger were his "strange actions" or his general "anti-townness." so look for those.

If he flips scum things are a bit harder. I'd be more interested in the people who were either lurky throughout the whole thing, or the people who did not oppose the danger wagon, but also did not push it. So be on the look out for people saying "I see what you mean, Danger does seem scummy." but never adds anything of their own. Also us lurkers should then be put under the light. CKD, I think, would have a greater chance of being scum just on the off chance he choose to attack his partner early on for distance purposes that turned into a long term bus.

To be honest, in both cases CKD's chance at scum is relatively the same, with only a slight difference in scale. More tonwny for one, less for the other. If you get what I mean. Point is I'm by no means saying ignore him or focus mainly on him, just simply trying to get everyone on the same page.

lets see... last minute things... Oh claiming order tomorrow... I'd be backing up either the pop-corn claim (in which we simply pick the scummiest and they chose from then on.) For starters if a scum flips his choice will be useful, and of course should someone mistakenly ask one of those that needs to claim last to claim sooner, we get an early place to start our pressure. I'd also accept a straight down the list claim as our investigator are at the bottom already.

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:12 pm

Post by mith »

Final Vote Count:

Danger: 7 (ChannelDelibird, ClockworkRuse*, curiouskarmadog, Niv, raider8169, Sierra)

raider8169: 2 (cerebus3, Rogueben)
Ku_F: 1 (Max)

Not Voting: 4 (Danger, Korlash, Ku_F)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by mith »

The Stoning

So in the Christian faith, God created Adam in his own image, yeah? So that was good. But 65,000,000 years before that, God created the dinosaurs, using the image of his cousin Ted. And, uh, Ted was not the black sheep of the family, he was the huge fucking monster of the family.

But in the present (well, present-ish), mith's girlfriend asks him for a story about a purple duck.

"Ok, so once upon a time, there was a purple duck named Bartholomew. And he had a friend, who was a stoat."

"What was his friend's name?"

"Um... Mr. Stoat. So anyway, one day Bartholomew and Mr. Stoat went to school. And the teacher said that there was going to be a spelling bee. So Bartholomew went in front of the class and the teach said 'Spell CAT'. And Bartholomew said 'C-A-T'. And then it was Mr. Stoat's turn. And the teacher said 'Spell SYZYGY'. And Mr. Stoat said 'W-T-F?' And so he got expelled from school."

"Oh no!"

"So the next day, Bartholomew went to school alone. And it was Halloween, so the class carved pumpkins. And Bartholomew carved a pumpkin to look like his dear friend, Mr. Stoat. But meanwhile, Mr. Stoat was unhappy about having been expelled, and so he came up to school and shot Bartholomew. The end."

"That's horrible!"

She slaps mith on the arm playful, but this causes him to veer off the highway and drive off an inconveniently placed cliff.

Ok, not really. They continue down the road to Denver...

Meanwhile, in Eddie's hotel room, time is being a bit weird. Space too. The whole space-time continuum seems to have taken the consistency of jam. As day progresses in the bizarre game of Mafia, one of the players observes the apparent change.

For one thing, whereas they were all definitely in a hotel room to start with, they now seem to be in some sort of prehistoric forest. The change has been smooth and gradual, insofar as a change can be "gradual" when it involves losing 65,000,000 years in a few hours.

The other thing that Besus sees is that the players have themselves transformed from human-shaped figments of imagination to dinosaur-shaped figments of imagination. He thinks to himself:

"This is the moment that the Father has prepared me for. I must now preach the Word to these beasts and save them."

Unfortunately, just as he is about to begin, one of the dinosaurs bites his head off. And then a comet lands on him.

And just like that, time and space sort themselves out and we return to Eddie's hotel room, where one of the remaining eleven pieces of Eddie licks his lips and picks a hair out of his teeth.

"What?"

Danger (Besus, Innocent) has been lynched. It is Night 1. Deadline for night choices is Monday, September 1, 12:00 GMT.
Last edited by mith on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:29 am

Post by mith »

The Paradox

And there were two types of human bipedy type things. There was Neanderthals, and Homo sapiens. We were like cousins, like kissing cousins, except that we didn't kiss. Neanderthals, of course, the heavy eyebrow ridge...

"Uh..."

and that kind of:

"Uh... uohh... ohha"

You know, with that look of:

"I've got a headache... I feel so close... to extinction."

Very hardy, but not so bright upstairs. Homo sapiens, slightly more:

"How're you getting on there, Neanderthal? All going alright?"

"Not too good... yesterday... we went hunting... and... half our tribe... was killed... when they fell on themselves... and I've hurt my knee... and we've got no... butter."

"Yes, well always good talking to you! Must go, got some swatches of moss for the new cave we're moving into. A local chap's doing some paintings of... things, jumping things, I don't know, Gazelles, or whatever. Should look good, should fetch a pretty penny in a couple of years. Where are you living these days?"

"I am living in a pit of my own excrement."

"Ah, well, good idea, keeps you warm, yeah?"

"Uh, wha?"

"Well your poo keeps you warm, is that...?"

"Uh thi-th thi th?"

"Your poo, from your body, doesn't it keep you... body heat... is that the idea...?"

"Um no, hadn't thought of that... the estate agent said bathroom en-suite."

Back in Kansas, Binky is grumpy. He's stuck in a backpack, and hasn't had a drink in hours.

Who's Binky? I'm glad you asked...

Our story begins on a sunny Tuesday afternoon in London. mith and his girlfriend are spending one last day in town before flying back to the states. Their plan for the day consists of three things. First, they want to meet mith's flatmate for lunch. Third, they want to go to Regent's Park and relax.

In between? Well, in the next week or two they are going to Tennessee to visit mith's family and, while there, are going to head on to Nashville to visit a friend of the girlfriend's family. She has a tradition of bringing this friend food from wherever she happens to be, starting from her first visit when she made a run to a butcher's shop in Ohio. mith has already taken the girlfriend to Paris the previous week, and she has emailed the friend (who lived in Paris for a number of years) to say that she's sorry she hasn't gotten him anything from there, but that they are going to be stopping in southern Louisiana (to visit her family) on the trip and asks whether he has any requests. He replies that actually there's something he would love that they can get right there in London, which he is unable to get in Tennessee: Camembert au lait cru, which they should be able to get at any Marks and Spencer.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. And so, after checking Marks and Spencer, they head to Boomslangers (a Thai place which is not actually called Boomslangers, but that's what they call it after a misunderstanding with mith's flatmate on the phone) without the flatmate (who isn't feeling well and doesn't want to eat anything, but suggests meeting for drinks after she gets off work).

After a delicious meal, they call the flatmate again to ask if anyone in the office knows of a cheese shop nearby. Someone suggests Covent Garden. And, having already been to Covent Garden twice previously just as everything was shutting down, they decide to visit it properly and look around for a cheese shop.

No luck. There's no cheese shop to be found. They stop in a Patisserie Valerie to ask if anyone knows where one is. No one does, but they do have a map showing all the shops in the area, color coded by type. Seeing that all the food and gift shops are clumped on the opposite side of Covent Garden, mith and girlfriend walk back across and weave in and out of all the streets, failing to find a cheese shop. Not giving up, they keep walking, now mostly at random. Eventually, they pass a wine shop.

"A wine shop! They'll know where the cheese shops are!"

And the girlfriend asks for help once again. One of them knows of a cheese shop at Seven Dials. Which is, of course, on the opposite side of Covent Garden.

A few weeks previously, mith went out with the flatmate and her friends to celebrate the flatmate's birthday. They ate at Boomslangers, then went to a Patisserie Valerie (a different one, in Soho), and finally ended up at a pub in Seven Dials. So, mith says that he knows where that is, and that they may as well just walk and see the sights.

Arriving without incident at the cheese shop (you didn't think I would get lost, did you?), the girlfriend approaches the counter and says:

"We would like to buy some lait cru Camembert."

(When telling this story later, the girlfriend gives the man a very posh British accent, which is more extreme than what he actually sounded like, but isn't too far off.)

"I'm sorry. This is a
British
cheese shop. We only sell
British
cheeses."

To be continued...

And so, it being "night" in the internal Mafia game, Eddie's fragmented subconcious took a nap. Some time later, most of it regained awareness.

"So... um... how is this even possible?"

The ten remaining pieces of Eddie gather around the prone form of... Eddie.

"If he's dead, shouldn't we all be dead? We're just parts of him, right?"

"You idiot, by pointing that out you've placed us on a surrealist ramble. We're now trapped. We're in Gibbs' paradox. We're in a self-defeating two-dimensional continuum. We can no longer justify our own existence."

And as he said that they began to melt, and their words faded to a delicate hanging cadence.

At least, that's what would have happened, if Bill Bailey were involved. Which is lucky for us, because he doesn't actually exist in this game, he's merely a narrative device, in order to help us on to the next bit.

ChannelDelibird (Eddie Izzard, Church of England) has been covered in bees! It is now Day 2. With 11 votes available, it will take 6 to lynch.
Last edited by mith on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ku_F
Ku_F
Goon
Ku_F
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Ku_F »

Yeah, we can begin day 2, although the title says still night 1.

But i have to look into this game again to see what happened the previous day
Who's scum aru?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ok, before ANYONE comments or says anything about anything..we need to claim, I believed we agreed on popcorn claiming. I dont have a problem claiming first to start the ball rolling, but I think what was purposed (by sierra) was that the one leading in votes yesterday (after the vote leader) would start...that means raider...

Raider, you claim first, then decide who you want to claim next.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:59 am

Post by raider8169 »

I made all of curiouskarmadog's actions redirected to Max. I wanted to see Bebus as a cross dresser but as we lynched him, Vader was another person I thought it would be funny to have in a dress. Not sure if it worked or not though.

As I would like to know who you intended to target, CKD, please go next.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:11 am

raider8169 wrote:I made all of curiouskarmadog's actions redirected to Max. I wanted to see Bebus as a cross dresser but as we lynched him, Vader was another person I thought it would be funny to have in a dress. Not sure if it worked or not though.

As I would like to know who you intended to target, CKD, please go next.
so not only are you claiming that you based your night action on what you thought was funny (and nothing to do with the game, being pro-town, or even thinking about game mechanic)...you made me target someone who is untargettable, thus my cross dressing ability would not go into effect and was useless..

after the claim, I would love to hear how this was a pro-town move.

WHEN claiming, I am not sure how the Church's "cake or death" bit work...but you should also claim if you received the "cake or death" question as well.

I did not recieve such a question.

I targetted raidar (james mason) to cross dress.

Niv, I would like to hear your claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 am

Post by raider8169 »

Well yes the reason I picked to change your target was because I thought it would be funny. I had no better reason to pick anyone else. I had to change my target at the last second cause I did have your targeting Danger for the longest time.

Also how am I suppose to know that you or Niv is town. I think that is the best course of action in case you were sending in a kill you then sent it to someone untargetable. I would like to comment more on this after everyone claims.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:31 am

raider8169 wrote:Well yes the reason I picked to change your target was because I thought it would be funny. I had no better reason to pick anyone else. I had to change my target at the last second cause I did have your targeting Danger for the longest time.

Also how am I suppose to know that you or Niv is town. I think that is the best course of action in case you were sending in a kill you then sent it to someone untargetable. I would like to comment more on this after everyone claims.
you have failed to read the game, please read the describtions again..and know the difference between alignment abilities and role abilities.

we will discuss further AFTER the claims.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Sierra »

curiouskarmadog wrote:we will discuss further AFTER the claims.
QFT. Claims first, discussion later. The only discussion - if any - should concern the claiming method.
curiouskarmadog wrote:WHEN claiming, I am not sure how the Church's "cake or death" bit work...but you should also claim if you received the "cake or death" question as well.
Agreed.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:37 am

still waiting on Niv
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Niv »

no one in womens clothing approached CKD

lets hear from rogueben
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Niv »

actually lets go with korlash b/c rouge ben doesn't really need to claim their action as far as i think is nessacary ;-) shold probally have looked at the roles
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Niv wrote:no one in womens clothing approached CKD

lets hear from rogueben
again, everyone needs to declare if they were asked the "cake or death" question...so at one point today, everyone will claim something.

niv?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Korlash »

No cake/Death for me. I also blocked Rogue as he was my number two. fat lot of good I am when you think about it as the only thing I can do for us is block the cake or death or the james mason...

And uh, on that note I want Rogue to go next, even if all it is is to say if he got the cake or death.

Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Niv »

oh, i didn't get the cake or death
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I took no action and received no questions last night.

I would like Sierra to claim next.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by Max »

I'm slightly confused, surely the first half of Mith's post had something to do with the game put I don't understand.

Anyway, just posting until "popcorn claiming" finishes, then we get get down to business

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”