Newbie 694 (over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Dipstick »

Well, I really dont want to vote now and screw anything up, so im gonna just
FoS: xtoxm

^ Basically from GIEFF's analysis (which was great BTW) which showed me why im thinking xtoxm is acting a little scummy (says he's contributed plenty, so why has he stopped contributing? Town would just keep going, they would just go on and then stop for the rest to find out everything)

I would vote xtoxm, but I see no point. I probably will (unless I see something that gets me away from my suspicion on him) before the deadline.
Im new to Mafia...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:06 am

Post by GIEFF »

CarnCarn wrote:Yeah, I'm still here. I've been keeping up with the Dipstick/Westbrook comments, and I honestly haven't seen anything that makes me want to change my vote.
GIEFF wrote:And regarding CarnCarn's question, CR summed up my position accurately; the longer the posts, the more chances there are to slip up. This holds especially true for players like Westbrook and Dipstick who recently joined the game; their predecessors may have posted a fair amount, but that it does us little good in questioning them about what other people said, so I want to see as much from them as possible so they can "catch up" with the rest of us.
I disagree with this full-heartedly. Longer posts do not in any way decrease the chances of that poster being scum.
[/i][/b]
That's not what I'm saying; I'm saying that the longer the posts are, the more chances there are for scum to slip up. People's posts are all we have to analyze. New people don't have as many posts, and therefore, it's in our interest for them to make longer ones, so there is more for us to analyze. Do you agree with that?
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:22 am

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Well, not much seems to be happening with a deadline approaching. My FOS is still on Xtoxm but I will cast a vote for another:

Vote: Dipstick

The player before Dipstick was very suspicious as well and now Dipstick has not done much to protect his character. 3 votes are for him already and now this will make it 4 total, just one more needed.
Westbrook_Owns_U
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Westbrook_Owns_U »

Okay, with deadline ocming up there are 3 people I'd be willing to go either way with and they are:
insanepenguin
Xtoxm
Dipstick

Insanepenguin because: His posts are extremely short, and he hasn't really contributed much. Now he comes in, even though we have several days left and he will not be V/LA and puts Dipstick at L-1. This was not a very good move, if you're not gonna be gone why not help contribute a little instead of just bandwagoning? Especially to L-1. This looks very scummy IMO. His entire logic (Basically) was "There are 3 votes, now there are 4". It's not even a case...
Vote: insanepenguin02

Dipstick because: Along with his previous character's fails, he as well has not done a good job of defending himself. And he now has some not so decent cases, and constant bandwagoning... Also the fact that he has changed characters to the person with lots of suspicion already on him, and he is very cautious. It looks like he is fence-sitting, jsut following the crowd and making sure he has the ability to switch if it ever becomes a problem. I think it might be time for a roleclaim since you are on L-1, sir.

Xtoxm because: Well, he's been pretty inactive most of the game, and most of his posts are pretty short, as GIEFF has shown. Even though he had been inactive most of the game, he just now tells us he has exams. I also believe I have seen him active on other parts of the site... Losing interest?
Mafia - 0-1
Town 2-0
Flaked - 5
Remember kids, it's [i] multi-cultural [/i]out.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Dipstick »

Im at L-1 now... this is a great wake-up call...

Have any questions for me? I really dont know how to defend myself without anyone asking me questions...
Im new to Mafia...
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Dipstick »

EBWOP: Didnt want to do this for some reason, but:
townsfolk

I was surprised ending up Townsfolk after reading my prodeccors posts...
Im new to Mafia...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'd rather lynch West, but with a VT claim:

Unvote Vote Dipstick
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Dipstick »

Ok, im confused... why would you want to lynch a claimed townsfolk? do you not believe me?

Oh well... My main suspect is xtoxm and orangepenguin... WestBrook, your off my list... havnt been scummy as your prodeccor... I guess im out...
Im new to Mafia...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:59 am

Post by GIEFF »

Saying Xtoxm has been "active" elsewhere on the site is somewhat of an understatement; he has made FORTY posts in other games since his last one here.

Dipstick:
dipstick wrote:Well, Westbrook hasnt posted any logic/analysis... im thinking that either:
1. They are avoiding to post much because they could give away Mafia status (IF they are mafia)
2. They arent on much... (which means they could be MAFIA OR townsfolk...)

And, I know my posts may seem scummy, I just cant find any reasons to see anyone as suspicious... so im just aiming at the MOST suspicious (Westbrook/inf)
Westbrook has posted logic/analysis now. Do you still find him scummy? If not, who is the most scummy to you?

When you say "aiming for the most suspicious" do you mean most suspicious to you, or what you perceive as most suspicious to everyone else? Because if you mean the latter (and I think you do), that is very scummy behavior.

I don't like how difficult it has been for you to provide the reasoning behind your votes.
Dipstick wrote:I was surprised ending up Townsfolk after reading my prodeccors posts...
If you were townsfolk, you would have known this BEFORE reading your predecessors posts, correct? This is a pretty big slip in my opinion. You wouldn't be reading your predecessors posts wondering what alignment they were; you'd be reading your predecessors posts KNOWING what alignment they were and trying to judge how people reacted to them. If you knew your predecessors were town, wouldn't you be suspicious of those who attacked them the most strongly?

Please do not hammer Dipstick yet; anybody who does will shoot up my scumlist. If someone wishes to vote but may not be around to hammer, I'd be happy to unvote, let you vote, and hammer myself before the deadline.
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Dipstick »

GIEFF wrote:Saying Xtoxm has been "active" elsewhere on the site is somewhat of an understatement; he has made FORTY posts in other games since his last one here.

Dipstick:
dipstick wrote:Well, Westbrook hasnt posted any logic/analysis... im thinking that either:
1. They are avoiding to post much because they could give away Mafia status (IF they are mafia)
2. They arent on much... (which means they could be MAFIA OR townsfolk...)

And, I know my posts may seem scummy, I just cant find any reasons to see anyone as suspicious... so im just aiming at the MOST suspicious (Westbrook/inf)
Westbrook has posted logic/analysis now. Do you still find him scummy? If not, who is the most scummy to you?

When you say "aiming for the most suspicious" do you mean most suspicious to you, or what you perceive as most suspicious to everyone else? Because if you mean the latter (and I think you do), that is very scummy behavior.

I don't like how difficult it has been for you to provide the reasoning behind your votes.
Dipstick wrote:I was surprised ending up Townsfolk after reading my prodeccors posts...
If you were townsfolk, you would have known this BEFORE reading your predecessors posts, correct? This is a pretty big slip in my opinion. You wouldn't be reading your predecessors posts wondering what alignment they were; you'd be reading your predecessors posts KNOWING what alignment they were and trying to judge how people reacted to them. If you knew your predecessors were town, wouldn't you be suspicious of those who attacked them the most strongly?

Please do not hammer Dipstick yet; anybody who does will shoot up my scumlist. If someone wishes to vote but may not be around to hammer, I'd be happy to unvote, let you vote, and hammer myself before the deadline.
Even though im hammered (xtoxm... your definatly on my scumdar...)
I took out WestBrook from my scummy list because of his logic/analysis.

Though, when I offered being replaced in, I read the topic and THEN got my role pm... So, I was shocked...
MASSIVE HoS: xtoxm
Im new to Mafia...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by GIEFF »

If lynch has occurred, we're not supposed to talk anymore, right?
Dipstick
Dipstick
Townie
Dipstick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Dipstick »

I guess... so, this is my last post I believe...

Good luck guys... ill still be checking to see what happens to xtoxm and to see if orangepenguin is scum...

Time to wait for the lynch... Hope town wins!
Im new to Mafia...
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

VOTE COUNT:

Dipstick(5): hambargarz, CarnCarn, GIEFF, insanepenguin02, Xtoxm

ClockworkRuse(1): SilverPhoenix
insanepenguin02(1): Westbrook_Owns_U

Not Voting: ClockworkRuse, Dipstick
9 alive, 5 to lynch
GIEFF wrote:If lynch has occurred, we're not supposed to talk anymore, right?
I don't mind if you talk after a lynch before I lock the thread.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

It takes a bit of time, but you all decide to lynch Dipstick. You look through his pockets and find some change and a bit of lint. Nothing special about him at all.
Dipstick was a
Townie

It is now Night 1. Day 2 will begin Sunday night, December 14th, at around 8 PM EST. Send all night actions to me by then or they will be 'no action'.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

The sun rises over the horizon as day begins. You look around and can't find insanepenguin02 anywhere. You go to his house and find him lying on the ground, a horrified look in his eyes. There was nothing special about his house, however. Insanepenguin02 was a
Townie

It is now Day 2. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:34 am

Post by GIEFF »

Sorry, Dipstick.

Vote Xtoxm

No posts for days and days after my case against him, although he posted 40 TIMES elsewhere on the site in that span, yet he manages to make it back to hammer JUST 7 MINUTES after Dipstick hits L-1.

I'm a little surprised at the pick of Insanepenguin.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by hambargarz »

That was quick, One time there was 5 days to go till lynch, I logged on the next day and Dipstick was lynched.

I echo GIEFF's comments on Xtoxm and insanepenguin.
Will post more later, don't have much time at the moment
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Commenting on Night Kills is pure WIFOM. Avoid it.

Other than that, Xtomx didn't just come back and hammer. Albeit it took him three days to get back to the game, that can be reasonable when you factor in real life and other games.

However, what I don't like the fact that he hammered when we still had a few days to discuss what was going on. We could have had some time to consider the how legitimate the claim was, anything. Instead, he hammered as if it was an hour or two away from deadline.

Xtomx, if you didn't like that lynch why did you drop the hammer so soon?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Sorry, guys. I hammered because he claimed vanilla, amd theats geberally what you do wiht a vanilla claim. Trust me, i'm town. I've just got back froma night out and i'm pissed, so you can trust me wjen I say i'm town.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

uh, lol. "Trust me?" I hope you can give a better answer when you sober up a bit.

I do think the hammer was rash considering the short span of time between the claim and the hammer vote. CR, an IC, is saying that he doesn't like that (presumably it is scummy). Xtoxm, while I think I agree a vanilla claim means less of a possible downside to lynching someone, is a hammer that soon after the claim a right play as town?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Lol, what's wrong with trusting me?

Well, I basically just thought the day had gone on long enough, and then he claimed vanilla, and with vanilla claims they often just get lynched anyway, and I sometimes push for lynches of claimed VT's just because they've claimed. So I just hammered. I thought there was a good chance he was scum. You guys put him at L-1, which should mean you are happy for him to be lynched. I find that very hypocritical of Gieff, when he L-1'd earlier himself. (I am aware he was not the final L-1 voter)

Anyway, as I was before, i'm still sus of West. Not sure about my 2nd suspect yet. I've got a couple of speculative idea's but nothing I feel worth mentioning yet.
Westbrook_Owns_U
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Westbrook_Owns_U
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Westbrook_Owns_U »

CAn you give me reasons/ point out posts that make you remain suspicious of me?
Mafia - 0-1
Town 2-0
Flaked - 5
Remember kids, it's [i] multi-cultural [/i]out.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:25 am

Post by GIEFF »

When I voted L-1, the game was dead; _over hadn't posted in two weeks, no new content had been posted for one week (other than replacements trying to catch up), and I didn't think we would get a replacement so soon. And L-1 is WORLDS different from a hammer; trying to claim otherwise is false.

You posted 40 times over 3 days in other parts of the site. That's over 4,000 minutes, and you expect me to believe that you coming back
7 minutes
after L-1 to hammer was just a coincidence?

All you have provided the town is 30 words, two bandwagons (one of which has been proven to be false and the other of which you are still on) and a premature hammer.

This is why logic is better than what you call "emotion;" when your emotions are wrong, there is nothing left to say but "trust me."
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 am

Post by CarnCarn »

GIEFF wrote:You posted 40 times over 3 days in other parts of the site. That's over 4,000 minutes, and you expect me to believe that you coming back
7 minutes
after L-1 to hammer was just a coincidence?
This is not true, by the way.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:48 am

Post by GIEFF »

Oh, you're right; it was more like 90 minutes.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”