he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3875 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:22 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3842, kuribo wrote:
In post 3815, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3601, kuribo wrote:DV who's starting to worry me because he's becoming erratic
What is worrying about that to you exactly?

You wanted no part of a wagon on someone that you couldn't even be bothered to claim was town. You looked at that wagon on an extremely scummy player (volxen), said you didn't have any reason not to lynch it, and then wouldn't put your vote where your mouth was. It makes me wonder why you'd avoid a wagon on someone you said you couldn't make a town case for. You can excuse not voting voxlen all you want by saying you thought a replacement would offer insight (how'd that work out) but I still maintain that if you're THAT sure a slot is scum, it won't offer insight. Ever. I've been making this stand for years. Hell, I've had people hand me the hammer on replacements I'm scumreading because they know I won't hesitate to save the mod the trouble.

You can say all you want that you'd been building to your vote on me for a while, but your posts don't indicate that either.

You think nom is scum, but you're not voting there either.

You've said you don't think I "care" about the game. Have you played with me since 2012?! I don't fucking pretend to have stronger opinions than I really have, dude. And if I have some apathy, have you considered I've already explained that this game is complete dogshit for me? Do I really need to go on another multi-paragraph rant about why I hate being alive in this shit?

Bottom line: You're playing it safe with your votes. You were confident enough in nom scum to counterwagon off volxen (who you didn't townread) and yet today you're trying to stay off a nom wagon.

So yeah, dude, I'd say your behavior is worrying.
I don’t think I have played with you since 2012.

And I never actually had a scumread on volxen. He’d made hardly any posts so it would make sense that I would want to wait for more info before lynching that slot.

My suspicion of you was to a large degree influenced by discussion with my team and I’m pretty sure I’ve indicated that.

I also think you’ve taken a vote to mean more than it actually does. I don’t need to be super confident in a nom scumread to vote nom Day 2. I haven’t had much confidence in any scumreads to be honest.

UNVOTE: Kuribo
VOTE: Nom

I’ve decided that this is where I want to go. I will have to talk with my team about the kuribo read because I do think he could be town while they were strongly scumreading him. Watch this space.

My team, however, is aligned on nom being scum and I think that they’re justification used to vote me is further evidence of that. I think that nom has been looking for an excuse to suspect me for a while and the reads contradiction thing is... super weak? There was not even that much change in my reads and I think it would be expected by town that reads would change. This feels like scum deciding that they want to be on my wagon or want to “suspect” me and have been searching for a reason to justify it. It does not feel like town considering a slot’s posts and forming a read based on that.

Gamma, you’ve said that no one is trying to convince anyone of nom being scum but I have pretty consistently throughout the game been talking about why nom is scum.

Dave, I’m interested in why you haven’t used our hood to try and form your read on me. I still think you’re probably town but I’d like to hear from you about it.

I also really do need justification from Maria/kuribo about why roleblocking an unknown hood’s ability is considered a good idea. Isn’t it most likely that this ability will be mostly town-controlled?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3876 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am

Post by kuribo »

I just don't see pant or Maria as scum though

And our LMS ability would be pretty sweet for scum to take. Hell I'd out it right now if I thought scum already knew what it was but I don't think they do
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3877 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3868, kuribo wrote:Should also be worth noting that as of the beginning of day 3, I've expressed intent to roleblock that voteless bullshit instead
Wise move tbh. Despite the fact I'm back to thinking it's an all Town hood (Just look at the other hoods powers. It's the same as the previous game we played together. Our hood's ability is SHIT, and the LMS is too powerful to dall into Scum hands), I say despite that I don't see the benefit of us silencing anyone, even Scum. Scum show their intent with the movement (or lack thereof) of their vote. We are actually a negative utility regardless of whether we silenve Town or Scum.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3878 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

Dave and I were in the hood with Farkran and I still think it was an all-town hood. I think it makes a lot of sense for scum to kill in an all-town hood because they are dangerous to scum and it causes suspicion.

I also think it is unlikely that Dave is scum because Farkran was confident in our hood being all-town so why not milk that?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3879 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3875, DeasVail wrote:I also really do need justification from Maria/kuribo about why roleblocking an unknown hood’s ability is considered a good idea. Isn’t it most likely that this ability will be mostly town-controlled?

Asked and answered. We were scumreading Dave and figured that's as good a place as any

Are you under the assumption that each group only has one scum? An ability could be scum controlled. And esp on N1 when we don't know what's going on. So you block a scum read and wait for the fallout. Dave coulda been scum with another group member and controlling a vig shot for all we knew. And don't say that's a dumb idea because I've co-modded with tripod. We did a game where two neighbors shared a vig shot and had to vote secretly to agree on it. They didn't know they were opposite scum team members.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3880 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:30 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3875, DeasVail wrote:I also think you’ve taken a vote to mean more than it actually does.
Then we must have different philosophies on voting, because I don't point my dick at anything unless I intend it to get fucked.

EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3881 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 3877, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3868, kuribo wrote:Should also be worth noting that as of the beginning of day 3, I've expressed intent to roleblock that voteless bullshit instead
Wise move tbh. Despite the fact I'm back to thinking it's an all Town hood (Just look at the other hoods powers. It's the same as the previous game we played together. Our hood's ability is SHIT, and the LMS is too powerful to dall into Scum hands), I say despite that I don't see the benefit of us silencing anyone, even Scum. Scum show their intent with the movement (or lack thereof) of their vote. We are actually a negative utility regardless of whether we silenve Town or Scum.
On the contrary, I think this makes your hood a perfect scum hood.

A weak power with strong LMS incentivizes scum to care about your hood +/ focus on your hood enough to take the LMS.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3882 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:47 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

@commuters - does commuting a player cancel their vote on their hood power?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3883 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3873, Ankamius wrote:EC has some speculation but needs more to be able to guess

He thinks it's a reasonable idea that there's only 3 scum in this game (this is my own speculation, but >3 probably mean repeats rather than different hoods for each member)
I said this earlier too, so that’s refreshing
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3884 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:52 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3879, kuribo wrote:
In post 3875, DeasVail wrote:I also really do need justification from Maria/kuribo about why roleblocking an unknown hood’s ability is considered a good idea. Isn’t it most likely that this ability will be mostly town-controlled?

Asked and answered. We were scumreading Dave and figured that's as good a place as any

Are you under the assumption that each group only has one scum? An ability could be scum controlled. And esp on N1 when we don't know what's going on. So you block a scum read and wait for the fallout. Dave coulda been scum with another group member and controlling a vig shot for all we knew. And don't say that's a dumb idea because I've co-modded with tripod. We did a game where two neighbors shared a vig shot and had to vote secretly to agree on it. They didn't know they were opposite scum team members.
Thanks for the answer. I’m interested in hearing Maria’s perspective as well.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3885 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Ankamius »

yes please roleblock this hood

the vote remove thing is legitimately stupid
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3886 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:06 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3885, Ankamius wrote:yes please roleblock this hood

the vote remove thing is legitimately stupid

Says the person using it in the stupidest way possible

Y'all could just you know... abstain if you were town

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3887 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

yeah and if there's scum in this hood, they get to strategically remove votes

thanks kuribo
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3888 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:07 am

Post by kuribo »

Like if you and your group think it's so anti town to use then why are you asking anyone to roleblock it?

Why are you even using it?

Why are you even using it because "it would be funny?"

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3889 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

do you trust our hood to be all town kuribo
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3890 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 3889, Ankamius wrote:do you trust our hood to be all town kuribo
2/3
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3891 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Post by panthaleon »

In post 3875, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3842, kuribo wrote:
In post 3815, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3601, kuribo wrote:DV who's starting to worry me because he's becoming erratic
What is worrying about that to you exactly?

You wanted no part of a wagon on someone that you couldn't even be bothered to claim was town. You looked at that wagon on an extremely scummy player (volxen), said you didn't have any reason not to lynch it, and then wouldn't put your vote where your mouth was. It makes me wonder why you'd avoid a wagon on someone you said you couldn't make a town case for. You can excuse not voting voxlen all you want by saying you thought a replacement would offer insight (how'd that work out) but I still maintain that if you're THAT sure a slot is scum, it won't offer insight. Ever. I've been making this stand for years. Hell, I've had people hand me the hammer on replacements I'm scumreading because they know I won't hesitate to save the mod the trouble.

You can say all you want that you'd been building to your vote on me for a while, but your posts don't indicate that either.

You think nom is scum, but you're not voting there either.

You've said you don't think I "care" about the game. Have you played with me since 2012?! I don't fucking pretend to have stronger opinions than I really have, dude. And if I have some apathy, have you considered I've already explained that this game is complete dogshit for me? Do I really need to go on another multi-paragraph rant about why I hate being alive in this shit?

Bottom line: You're playing it safe with your votes. You were confident enough in nom scum to counterwagon off volxen (who you didn't townread) and yet today you're trying to stay off a nom wagon.

So yeah, dude, I'd say your behavior is worrying.
I don’t think I have played with you since 2012.

And I never actually had a scumread on volxen. He’d made hardly any posts so it would make sense that I would want to wait for more info before lynching that slot.

My suspicion of you was to a large degree influenced by discussion with my team and I’m pretty sure I’ve indicated that.

I also think you’ve taken a vote to mean more than it actually does. I don’t need to be super confident in a nom scumread to vote nom Day 2. I haven’t had much confidence in any scumreads to be honest.

UNVOTE: Kuribo
VOTE: Nom

I’ve decided that this is where I want to go. I will have to talk with my team about the kuribo read because I do think he could be town while they were strongly scumreading him. Watch this space.

My team, however, is aligned on nom being scum and I think that they’re justification used to vote me is further evidence of that. I think that nom has been looking for an excuse to suspect me for a while and the reads contradiction thing is... super weak? There was not even that much change in my reads and I think it would be expected by town that reads would change. This feels like scum deciding that they want to be on my wagon or want to “suspect” me and have been searching for a reason to justify it. It does not feel like town considering a slot’s posts and forming a read based on that.

Gamma, you’ve said that no one is trying to convince anyone of nom being scum but I have pretty consistently throughout the game been talking about why nom is scum.

Dave, I’m interested in why you haven’t used our hood to try and form your read on me. I still think you’re probably town but I’d like to hear from you about it.

I also really do need justification from Maria/kuribo about why roleblocking an unknown hood’s ability is considered a good idea. Isn’t it most likely that this ability will be mostly town-controlled?
DV can you please explain your town read on kuribo and reconcile it with your team's scum read on kuribo? This would go a long way in making me think that you're not scum.
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3892 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3890, MariaR wrote:
2/3
do you think optimal use of our neighborhood is to abstain from voting at all
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3893 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:13 am

Post by MariaR »

Btw is anyone gonna talk to me on my DEB theory or are we just gonna let that die out?
pedit: Yes, I don't see why you'd want to make someone voteless, it just takes away information from the game.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3894 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

do you agree that if there's scum in this hood, all the town abstaining does nothing but give the scum in the hood free rein to vote remove whoever they want?
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3895 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:14 am

Post by panthaleon »

I can't decide between omnom, FB, DEB, and DV, Maria
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3896 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:15 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 3894, Ankamius wrote:do you agree that if there's scum in this hood, all the town abstaining does nothing but give the scum in the hood free rein to vote remove whoever they want?
You're legit told if you get turned voteless right? If people use your power then they get outted.
In post 3895, panthaleon wrote:I can't decide between omnom, FB, DEB, and DV, Maria
I like FB/DEB vote wise. DV has had his good moments and I still think if FB is scum nom isn't.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3897 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:16 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't even trust you to be town after that voteless shit you pulled on me

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3898 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 am

Post by MariaR »

Btw I have been the one to strongman Dave roleblocks yes I can conf that.
I might ask for it again. We'll see how I feel
pedit: Kuri pls, I get you're mad (rightfully so) but Ank is town
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3899 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3896, MariaR wrote:You're legit told if you get turned voteless right? If people use your power then they get outted.
true

although this is also partially dependent on the situation

either way, I don't see what hood is better to roleblock than ours considering there's TWO protective hoods and ONE investigative hood

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”