copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:24 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 397, singersigner wrote:SO LET'S PLEASE LYNCH MALLOW FIRST KTHX

Like, I've been pretty clear on what I expect/want to happen today. It's pretty telling that mallow has yet to come in and hammer EW, too.

Why? He said he thought EW is town and he doesn't like my interaction with him, after that no wonder he isn't hammering.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:25 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

He hasn't played the newb card a single time since page two, so my resistance against that is absolutely irrelevant. I feel the case against him is nearly non-existent and the points made could be from a newb-town or newb-scum player and, therefore, are null points. That and he's fucking participating. If he is in fact lynched and is in fact scum, I will completely understand the onslaught tomorrow. But what I don't understand is why everyone is ignoring the slot that is ignoring everyone.

That's what really gets me.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:26 am

Post by toolenduso »

Vote Count 1.16:!: Epic Warrior (4): JasonWazza, copper223, ++--, Cabd
Hostile Intent (0):
Drixx (0):
++-- (1): mallowgeno
copper223 (0):
singersigner (0):
mallowgeno (2): singersigner, Hostile Intent
JasonWazza (1): Epic Warrior
Cabd (0):

Not voting (1): Drixx

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: December 24, 7:40 a.m. Pacific Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2014-12-24 07:40:00)
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:37 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 386, toolenduso wrote:
@Jason: Thank you for amending what you said, but in the future please avoid this.

As much as i try to avoid offending people, that was hardly one of the most offensive things i've said, and it's a matter of him trying to find offense in it in my opinion rather then anything else.

Hell pretty sure i have said worse then fucking trash to someone even in this game but meh.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:38 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 401, Hostile Intent wrote:He hasn't played the newb card a single time since page two, so my resistance against that is absolutely irrelevant. I feel the case against him is nearly non-existent and the points made could be from a newb-town or newb-scum player and, therefore, are null points. That and he's fucking participating. If he is in fact lynched and is in fact scum, I will completely understand the onslaught tomorrow. But what I don't understand is why everyone is ignoring the slot that is ignoring everyone.

That's what really gets me.

For the first part of the day Mallow said he had finals and was sick, only i. the latest 2 days is he absent without cause.

EW is not participating, I have never seen a newbie ignore every player minus the ones voting for him and prey tell me what the town motivation for this behavior may be? You cannot even argue it is unintentional anymore because I warned him about it when he still had 10 days left to show us what he thought of the rest of the players. Now that he is under hammer threat he isn't even sticking to his guns so it's not principle either :shifty:
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:47 am

Post by JasonWazza »

HI: are you aware that Mallow really isn't a viable counter wagon anyway given his not on the EW wagon?

Also if EW does flip town, i'm doing a reread of the HI slot, cause you seem way too adamant that his newb town rather then any possiblity that he is actually scum, and it doesn't seem like confirmation bias over just pure knowledge.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

You're both completely right.

I have to either be scum white knighting the fuck out of my partner or scum that knows he's town because he isn't scum. Well played gg got me there. Jesus Christ. He's giving a read list because I pointed out that its fucking site meta and very helpful. We've also been bitching about mallowgeno this whole time too but hey let's keep ignoring him because he had excuses.
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

In post 390, singersigner wrote:The only thing that would prevent me from hammering is if you yourself could give me a viable wagon/alternative by offering up a well thought-out case on anyone but yourself being town, because right now, that was not the response of someone who genuinely wants to leave the rest of us with as much to work with as possible if you're town.

Just to clarify. You want me to give a counter-wagon when I told you my reads were not very strong. If I do not give a counter-wagon, you will lynch me. If you lynch me, you want me to give a readlist first so you have something to work with by using my reads. Then you will lynch me. Is this what you meant to say or is it way off? If this is site culture, then its bullcrap. If this is just your opinion, it's still bullcrap. If this is not what you intended to say, please clarify.
In post 392, singersigner wrote:I mean, I'm more than happy to lynch mallowgeno instead, but EW doesn't even seem to want to support that to save his own life. That either means he's willing to sacrifice himself for someone he believes his scum (Jason), or in all likeliness, is unwilling to lynch his buddy.

Again, to clarify. You want me to lynch someone who I don't know/think is scum in order to save myself. The last sentence didn't make sense. How am I sacrificing myself for Jason?

More clarity after a flip, I suppose.

Is this site culture as well?

OK, I've been instructed that I need to give a readlist to stay alive. I suppose I should give it, even though I am against readlists for the reasons SS stated.(Interesting thatnow) However, L-1 is a different situation I suppose. Here you are:

1. Epic Warrior: Town, his play has been very consistently town and I frankly do not understand the wagon on him.
2. Hostile Intent: Town, I thought choof was town and HI has done nothing to change my opinion.
3. Drixx: Not quite sure, paul seemed suspicious-ish, but Drixx seems to have the same ideas/reads as me.
4. ++--: Not quite sure, but some of his posts seemed to be scummy
5. copper223: Not quite sure, but I see a scumteam with paul's slot (Drixx) based on a post early on in the game. Copper said how paul seemed to be an impulsive player, and reads for him should be developed on that.
6. singersigner: Not sure, at first I had a mild scumread, then a nullread, and now a scumread based on her quotes above^
7. mallowgeno: Scumread based on the fact that I apparently need a counter-wagon. Really though I think a mild scumread based on not much material and increased lurking late.
8. JasonWazza: Mild scumread based on his lack of real reasons and prescence of no reasons for voting for me.
9. Cabd: Nullread.

I really did not want to give this readlist, but at L-1 the game is a little different. Likely it will make no difference and SS will hammer anyway. I really don't get this stuff about site meta and if that's a thing I think it's ridiculous.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:02 am

Post by ++-- »

YOU POSTED A READ ABOUT YOURSELF? OMFG I'M ACTUALLY LAUGHING NOW
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

407 is town as fuck.

Can we commence with the lynching of lurksack mallowgeno now, please?
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

In post 408, ++-- wrote:YOU POSTED A READ ABOUT YOURSELF? OMFG I'M ACTUALLY LAUGHING NOW

Yes it was kind of a joke...
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:12 am

Post by copper223 »

@HI
That's a readlist with 6 nulls, 2 towns, himself and the player who is WKing him, and two wishy washy scumreads. Why is it town?
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

Very well, I will vote mallow just to get him out of inactivity. I really don't want to vote someone who's not my strongest scumread, but I will.
UNVOTE: Jason
VOTE: Mallowgeno
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:14 am

Post by ++-- »

Okay, now with more seriousness.

1. not saying anything to that as I did already
2., . 9. .because stating reasons for a read would be too much of a requirement
3. I never knew it was so easy... just buddy someone, or not even that, just have the same mindset and... bam, you're town?
4. "some of his posts", says, and states no post numbers
5. "based on a post early on" are you really expecting us to read your mind that which post are you thinking about?
6., 7. 8. at least these are reasoned (more or less)
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

This goes back to the reason he didn't want to post a reads list in the first place. His reads aren't great. He's new. I don't know what you were expecting, but 0% of that entire post reads as fabricated to me. Your read on his slot is bad and you should feel bad.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:18 am

Post by ++-- »

In post 412, Epic Warrior wrote:who's not my strongest scumread

vs.

2 town, 5 null, 1 mild scumread, 1 scumread and that person is... the scumread.
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

In post 413, ++-- wrote:Okay, now with more seriousness.

1. not saying anything to that as I did already
2., . 9. .because stating reasons for a read would be too much of a requirement
3. I never knew it was so easy... just buddy someone, or not even that, just have the same mindset and... bam, you're town?
4. "some of his posts", says, and states no post numbers
5. "based on a post early on" are you really expecting us to read your mind that which post are you thinking about?
6., 7. 8. at least these are reasoned (more or less)

For 5:
In post 26, copper223 wrote:I agree ++--, so it looks to me like ++-- is thinker and Paul is a spontaneous player, reads on them should be developped according to these baselines.

Also, anyone can take any post (or readlist) and make it seem dumb. It's not hard. Give me a post of your choice and I'll demonstrate. It's like those 2/10 would not bang memes.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:24 am

Post by copper223 »

I felt bad the moment I knew I had to deal with you again, your other game ended with a town win 2 day phase real days after you were replaced with both mafia (2 town reads of yours) quickly lynched. I'm close to a 100% win rate, so I can't be that terrible.

I couldn't make a readlist as unhelpful to town as that one if I tried.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Doesn't mean I'm never right.

Doesn't mean you're never wrong.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:29 am

Post by ++-- »

If both HI and EW are town, totally hats off to HI, really. but... I doubt this more and more as the game progresses (mostly thanks to EW).

@EW: just demonstrate it on any of the readlists. Really, do it. If you managed to make any of them seem as unhelpful as yours ACTUALLY IS, congratulations.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:29 am

Post by copper223 »

@HI
Oh I agree, in fact the difference why I think I'm decent and you are shitty is I'm willing to consider your pov. and try to hash out who has more valid arguments on his side, instead you have decided in your wisdom EW is town and that's that.

@Singer
If you also really think EW is town I'm down to lynch Mallow instead unless he comes up with the goods.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

I'll play.

What were the main points for Epic_scum again? Just to make sure I didn't miss any.
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

In post 417, copper223 wrote:
I couldn't make a readlist as unhelpful to town as that one if I tried.

I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I'm sure you could if you applied yourself. As it is, why don't you just tell me what to say, and then I'll say it and it will help town more than they could ever appreciate.
In post 419, ++-- wrote:
@EW: just demonstrate it on any of the readlists. Really, do it. If you managed to make any of them seem as unhelpful as yours ACTUALLY IS, congratulations.

I will. How are readlists to be helpful? Do they open discussion? Do they make those who are scumread defend themselves?
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior
Townie
Epic Warrior
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Epic Warrior »

HI, I really appreciate it, but odds are I'll get hammered anyway, and then no matter if I'm town or scum they'll think you're scum too. As evidenced by that exchange higher on this page.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 am

Post by copper223 »

1. Selective scumhunting, only in the players scumreading him.
2. Lurking when not under pressure (from the Jason switch to Singer till Drixx mentioned he was lurking.)
3. Trying to give town as little information as possible.
4. Being inconsistent and opportunistic with his beliefs, when it did not pay (from a scum pov.) to give reads he was happy not to, now that he has to he gives a read on everyone (sort of).
5. Showing glimpses in his posts he is better than he wants us to believe, that readlist is a product of a very disinterested or weak player that has no clue what is going on as town, but when interacting with me he has more than once come out with reasonably deep observations, like the PR claiming VT or that trap question on Cabd that I was trying to call him scum no matter what, those two personas don't reconcile unless he is trying to hide his ability instead of using it to help town.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”