she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 392, ruru wrote:
In post 386, skitter30 wrote:
In post 383, ruru wrote:Getting yourself lynched d1 is hardly optimal traitor play, especially not if you're a50 and have a strong scumgame

We should also just agree to never vig or gc jestery players (sky, a50) and use the lynch on them instead if they're widely scumread
this post feels wrong and i need to think about why
This is also generic shading and it's literally for the opposite thing that you just shaded me for (not pushing my mechanical ideas vs pushing them), so I need you to explain the why
it was gut so i'm trying to figure out what it was; it sometimes takes a bit of time for me to articulate it and figure out what's bothering me; it was a note to myself to come back to it later

i think it's that 'never viging or gc'ing jestery players feels kinda like an overkill reaction given that traitors are 1s bp and both vig/gc can use their role each night and we don't even know if a traitor exists

if your'e groupscum i think that sky/a50 probably aren't from this? (and that you don't think they're the traitor)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 396, skitter30 wrote:i don't really think you've towntold tbh
skitter, put your head together in the game if you intend to win it. ruru is as town as you and I are. Sky is very very very likely town too. I dunno about Creature, but ofrhz says he's Town so I will sheep her. He's not active enough for my liking though, and Town!Creature could prove the difference between a Town win and a town loss.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 397, Almost50 wrote:
In post 378, skitter30 wrote:i don't know what the vc is but i kinda want to vote you now
Mine was the 4th (I'm @L-3) so you can put me to @L-2 if you want. I'd just be a little disappointed and all, but it would also have put "someone" @L-2, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and let's see what happens. :wink:
all in all i don't really think i want to right now
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

*Sigh* So you don't want to put "someone" @L-2 and run a counterwagon to see what happens?? That's pretty disappointing tbh. I was gonna propose Antihero or FrankJaeger as my CW. Would you vote me id I said "please"??

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

oh i thought you were asking me to vote you

and i was saying that overall i dont' think there's scum motivation for what you're doing right now

there aren't really any other happening cw's right now; i was actually thinking about voting ruru but if i townread her for being engaged and being scumread by me makes her less engaged than i don't know that if voting her will cultivate the right environment for her to towntell in a way that i can read; i'm also wondering how long i ought to give her to become engaged

i'm not really feeling anti

i guess i can vote frankjaeger; i don't really actively scumread him so much as don't townread him because of his lack of presence
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:50 am

Post by ruru »

In post 400, skitter30 wrote:i think it's that 'never viging or gc'ing jestery players feels kinda like an overkill reaction given that traitors are 1s bp and both vig/gc can use their role each night and we don't even know if a traitor exists
Wasting a shot for no benefit compared to just lynching the traitor, or even for negative utility in the case of gc, is bad whether or not prs have multiple shots

It's like completely unrelated
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:17 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

Damn u guys have been active since lunch. Work week is over, going to collect thoughts and post tonight! ( Not lying this time)
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:18 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 404, skitter30 wrote:
i guess i can vote frankjaeger; i don't really actively scumread him so much as don't townread him because of his lack of presence
Don't do it. Have faith in me.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Antihero »

didn't get to this today, will have to wait to monday

mod, vla for me on weekends if you don't have a weekend prod timer freeze

Got it! -ofrhz
Last edited by ofrhz on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:38 am

Post by ruru »

In post 396, skitter30 wrote:if you're not feeling engaged right now in general i guess it's probably not ai but that's a major component of how i read you and it's lacking right now

like i don't really know how to townread you if you're not doing those things and i think it's kinda unreasonable of you to expect me to townread you when you're not behaving in the way that makes me townread you (and i'm pretty sure you know what i townread you for? we talked about it a lot in 721)
I know that I'm tonereadable and that tone was a large factor in 721 and I think I've generated enough content here where my tone isn't super nervous which it is when I'm scum

But yes, I'm not very interested in the game and have no confident scumreads and while I think the latter
is
somewhat scum-indicative for me and people in general I also can't control it
where do you think you've towntold?
I don't frame this as "I believe skitter can read me accurately" and "lynch skitter after I flip if she's confidently scumreading me" as scum

Also I started playing the game
i don't know if there's inherent scum motivation in not starting the vig thing but again not pushing for that makes me feel like you're less engaged/less interested in optimizing the mechanics which feels kinda uncharacteristic of town!you

also wrt to the bolded:

you're conflating scumreading you with lynching you - i almost feel like you're trying to nudge me away from scumreading you by saying that if a scumread you (and thus lynch you!) i will be in trouble the next day, almost like you're trying to deter me from scumreading you by saying that i'll be scumread if i do. not like you're threatening me exactly but trying to frame that scumreading you is against my own best interest sort of
You have a history of reading me accurately so if you're confidently scumreading me then from a third person perspective lynching me is objectively correct and yes I would argue against it because I know my alignment but mechanically speaking, yes I am conflating those two

If you're nullscumreading me and just kind of passively shading my slot then I think it's less good to lynch me and more good to lynch you from a third person perspective

I do to some extent belong to the rc school of cultivating a meta where people aren't allowed to scumread me and lynching people who do unless they're obvious town

But this isn't that, this is you have meta experience and historical success in reading me that makes me expect a correct read from you in particular
like why do i bother calling you scummy at all if i believe that calling you scummy is going to get me lynched tomorrow? like if i actually believe that's going to happen why don't i just switch to townreading you and drop the whole thing entirely?
I think nullscumreading me without pushing my lynch is a perfectly viable option for scum.you here because it means I won't necessarily flip and immediately implicate you while still letting you shade my slot and leaving open the option of being off-wagon but not protesting strongly if I end up widely scumread, or of pushing my lynch on later days when it's deemed more worth the risk, or whatever else

It's noncommittal and I think that's somewhat scummy

But that's like 10% of my issue, 90% of my issue is that I do think my more recent posts have been more town-indicative and your read hasn't quantitatively changed at all or even gained any qualitative nuance which is what I would expect from town.you
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:39 am

Post by ruru »

also frank's pop-in is scummy.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 410, ruru wrote:also frank's pop-in is scummy.
Too easy to say.

let me post some content before you frame it as scummy.

Catching up now
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 411, FrankJaeger wrote:
Too easy to say.

let me post some content before you frame it as scummy.

Catching up now
You got that. The game does need a new perspective regardless, and we have the time too (if you do deliver in due time, that is).

FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 37, Almost50 wrote:Early *serious* read alert: Vex is likely town. I did the exact same thing (speculating about what scum might have picked) when I played this setup for the first time. It's not a *strong* TR bc there is a scum motive to do it (and I'd really rather not speaking of that right now) but I'd like to think of him as a townie for a starting point.
In post 92, Almost50 wrote:
In post 79, skitter30 wrote:@a50 why wagon sky?
Because it's fun. :twisted:
And also bc it's good for the game.
Well, it's as good as any other wagon really, but my vote is already there and so is ruru's, so if you want to be our third I'd be obliged. (It's still be L-4 you know, and N_M isn't even in this game if it makes you feel any better) :P
In post 102, Almost50 wrote:Sky's entrance to the game is alarming. Everything she said so far "could" be interpreted as a mere joke. However -in my experience- joking about lynching the IC always comes from scum. And her last post/joke is even more alarming. I feel like it's been made for the sole purpose of declaring herself as the true traitor. It's as if she took ruru's earlier post about the traitor as an inquiry and is responding to it in fashion.

So,
my case on Sky is she is the Traitor
In post 107, Almost50 wrote:
In post 106, Vex Vience wrote:how confident are you in sky being the traitor?
About the same level of confidence you are Town in this game.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

welp thats a typo. get ready for a copy and paste from notepad lol
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by ruru »

Actually I withdraw this based on something something sitewide
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

Almost50-
Spoiler:
37 Looks fake. First "serious read". Post 92 admits he is voting for fun. Seems like no scum hunting and active buddying. Speculation though. post 102. How do you know?
Then in 107 he equates his serious read to his fun vote. Set up spec/role hunting idk. Seems to be town hunting more than anything. Last part of Iso looks better than the rest I guess. Alot of posts to sift through. (Null/Scum)

HeWhoSwims.
Spoiler:
234 gives most content. cant find much else to go from so this read is from one post alone. (Small town lean). likes piggybacking reads maybe

Skygazer
Spoiler:
Lol wth dude. (Null)

ruru
Spoiler:
A LOT of self meta. Thats a scum move. Intro super scum, but has a few posts I like later on. Agree with a few reads. (Null)

Antihero
Spoiler:
I like this guy. Top town read so far. Seems to be questioning reads honestly. Though I dont agree with all of his reads. (Town lean)

ManWithNoName
Spoiler:
VLA

Enigma
Spoiler:
The name fits here. Moderate activity. Fluffy stuff though. (scum/null)

Gamma Emerald.
Spoiler:
Dont like. "I have info I can share, but I wont for a reason not related to this game" This is anti town asf. No scum hunting, town hunting, or anything really. Just a few soft back and fourths. Set up Spec talk is only real content from this guy. (Scum)

skitter30
Spoiler:
110's vote seems odd compared to the hyper logical begining of ISO. I do like the proof of your read, even If I hate using meta. 272 seems like instigating. (Null/*Small* scum read) This is more of a gut scum read so take that with a grain of salt.

Vex Vience.
Spoiler:
Liking this. Very engaging, and it seems natural. Agreeing with alot of stuff I see from him. (Town lean)

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

TBH I havent been keeping up like I should until now. I still need to look at interactions between players a little more, as these reads are based of ISO's.

Sorry for sloppy format, I just copied and pasted some notes I wrote while going over said ISO's. Tried to make it pretty and failed, accidentally deleted most of the post. So here ya go.

Open to answer any questions for a couple of hours.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

seeing VC now im ok with voting A50 as well.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 416, FrankJaeger wrote:ruru
Spoiler:
A LOT of self meta. Thats a scum move. Intro super scum, but has a few posts I like later on. Agree with a few reads. (Null)
Am I really hard null? I think I've produced enough readable content
In post 140, FrankJaeger wrote:Aside from the Sky wagon it's just been spec talk and a few awkward back and fourths.

All I got for now
Interestingly in this post you didn't express a strong scumread on me even though my intro was "super scum"
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by ruru »

Now I kind of want to lynch frank and lynch hws if he reds

GE might be designated mislynch?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: FrankJaeger

Mick Jagger's reads are B.A.D.
Like, super duper bad.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 419, ruru wrote:GE might be designated mislynch?
Yeah, I'm starting to get the same feeling. However, SRing skitter is out of proportion. TRing Antihero is illogical. His reads on me and you can be forgiven IMHO, but why give HWS a Town lean here is beyond me. It looks like he set up the reads first then went to find reasoning for them (i.e. he's not using the same standards).

FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 418, ruru wrote:
In post 416, FrankJaeger wrote:ruru
Spoiler:
Am I really hard null? I think I've produced enough readable content
In post 140, FrankJaeger wrote:Aside from the Sky wagon it's just been spec talk and a few awkward back and fourths.

All I got for now
Interestingly in this post you didn't express a strong scumread on me even though my intro was "super scum"
Wasn't really paying attention to the game in 140.

Yeah you have content, a lot of it is self meta.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 421, Almost50 wrote:
In post 419, ruru wrote:GE might be designated mislynch?
Yeah, I'm starting to get the same feeling. However, SRing skitter is out of proportion. TRing Antihero is illogical. His reads on me and you can be forgiven IMHO, but why give HWS a Town lean here is beyond me. It looks like he set up the reads first then went to find reasoning for them (i.e. he's not using the same standards).
What standards are those so we can get a little more specific
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 387, Almost50 wrote:
In post 358, Vex Vience wrote:couple that with the fact that he's refusing to answer my questions
Hello, Eragon. Is that you? "It's his fault anyway, because I'm never wrong!" :lol:

And when did I become the center of your universe? Do you realize your one and only obsession has become A50? Are you not looking for 3 scums? Are you not interested in sorting anyone else???
also im not eragon
i would tell u if u got it right or not... after the game

still dont like a50, especially after saying they were mafia bp
will reply to the rest of the things sunday

VOTE: frank
thats for the skitter sr
like skitter is almost certainly town to me
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread

Return to “Completed Open Games”