modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:14 pm

Post by modargo »

I mostly ignored bigbenwd's post, because I dislike reading posts that are incomprehensible and grammarless. Also, nothing he said made sense, so I decided that it was probably all due to typos :wink:.

But honestly, posts like that really bother me. It's not that freaking hard to actually type with a semblance of proper grammar, check the spelling of your posts at least once, or express your thoughts clearly.

So, I'm going to
unvote: CoolBot
and
vote: bigbenwd
. He really doesn't contribute to the game, and it's a nice compromise bandwagon since nobody seems willing to vote for CoolBot.
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:17 pm

Post by Argoti »

God, I replaced Spoon
The End is near? Meh.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:08 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Hmm, Zone is again trying to say he's a confirmed townie, rather than a likely one. I'm getting more suspicous of him, but I think we can wait on him.

The No Lynch wagon has grown alarmingly large. Voting for Gnome is pointless, and Korias is probably townie. Zone is also probably townie, but less so. Argoti, however, may be either, and seems to be happy keeping the pressure of the mafia.
vote: Argoti
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:12 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

wait wait, you're killing me, just 'cuz now modargo? theres a good plan.
I'll give my full argument when I have more tome

P.S. like my grammar ant speelig you dint o weel
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:26 pm

Post by Argoti »

So randomly voting for a person who is more likely to be pro-town than not is keeping the pressure on the mafia? Sorry, but that arguement against no lynch is extremely weak.
The End is near? Meh.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:23 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Argoti, how else to you propose we beat the mafia? Wait for them to tell us who they are?
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:35 pm

Post by Argoti »

Not at all. However, if it pleases you, I'll change my vote. You seem as popular as anyone at the moment

Unvote, Vote: Coolbot
The End is near? Meh.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:48 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

CoolBot wrote:Hmm, Zone is again trying to say he's a confirmed townie, rather than a likely one. I'm getting more suspicous of him, but I think we can wait on him.

The No Lynch wagon has grown alarmingly large. Voting for Gnome is pointless, and Korias is probably townie. Zone is also probably townie, but less so. Argoti, however, may be either, and seems to be happy keeping the pressure of the mafia.
vote: Argoti
what is it with you people. do i need a big red sign saying that i am a townie?
i am a townie if you disagree, you are mafia
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:52 pm

Post by Tigris »

No lynch has it's place, but this is not one of them. This is only day one and both deaths are pro-town (?, I'm assuming that Spaceman Spiff is pro-town). Therefore, the town is at a disadvantage right now. It would be different if one of the dead was scum, as that would give us some breathing room and the additional night would help us cut down on suspicious people; however, since that did not occur, our margin for error is somewhat smaller then when we began.

So essentially what it comes down to is this, each side begins with a certain margin for error. An evil killing another evil cuts down on theirs, whereas a no lynch cuts down on the town's, a lynch of a pro-town cuts down on the town's more then no-lynch, but at the same time gives more information via voting patterns and the like, additionally there is the knowledge that everything that person said was said from a pro-town point of view, which if the town has a larger margin of error is an acceptable trade imo. A lynch of an evil is obviously a good thing ^_^, especially as it gives the previous information without sacrificing a pro-town role.

I do not care much for the current bandwagonees, especially as argoti and coolbot seem to be voting each other based on playing style, ben has kindof grown on me, so I kindof like him in a game and he is trying to get people thinking, god, yeah the whole UT thing was really wierd, so I don't know if I want to think about that part of this game, koraiss is likely innocent, and for some reason I trust coolbot right now, so if I vote for no lynch, does that mean it gets lynched and no one can vote for it again? I suppose I should read through the thread again and post my suspicions, but right now I'm beat and the first time I can get a good look at this game will likely be in around 13-14 hours, so no holding your breath ^_~

Oh and ZA, I have always hated that logic, but I have to admit that coolbot is acting more suspicious of others then usual, perhaps I should look at that more closely.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:30 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

Ok, this is probly the only time I'n going to make a huge post like this, and It's probly going to take a half an hour, but here is why I find ZONE and God suspicious

first, we have Gnome's claim
MGIA wrote:I'm the Dad Along with the Mom we can discuss at night and give one other player a bath at night so that they can't do anything! So I'm part of a Roleblocking Mason Group!
which is a feaseable claim as nobosy came forward to oppose him, and mom and dad are probably in this.

then we have madargo come and basically claim for UT (which makes me suspicious of him anyways, because if he thinks UT was hobbes, why would he have voted him in the first place
modargo wrote:ntrod Tripod is: Hobbes, Vigilante.

The other reason is that, if I'm right, this essentially allows for Mr_Gnome's group to confirm itself by blocking Untrod Tripod as he (UT) tries to use his ability to kill someone.
here we also have modargo's plan, which is a good idea, a vig attacks a rangom person, then mom and dad simply role block him so that he can't kill that person. The person also muct only be known by hobbes and not publicvly announced, because if it is publicly announced, the maifa will simply target the person that hobbes is targetting to make it look like the role block failed and thus un-confirming 2 townies.

the rest of modargo's plan about doc protecion is that
modargo wrote: all docs out there should flip a coin. Heads, they protect Mr_Gnome. Tails, they protect Untrod Tripod. This requires no coordination between the docs and still makes it too risky for them to target either Untrod Tripod or Mr_Gnome.

If this plan is followed, we keep two people I view as innocents and essentially completely confirm one of them.
this ensures that neither of them will die, and the plan wil;l work and that the mafia will not target them.

but here ciomes god saying
UT targets Gnome for a kill
Gnome targets UT for a block

If Gnome was lying, well he's dead and we dont need to worry about him.
Otherwise, Gnome is a confirmed role-blocker.

Docs, however if this plan is to work, should definetly NOT target either of the two. Well, Maybe target UT, Is anybody aware whether or not a doc protection stops role-block attempts?
which is a very bad idea because if nobody protects either of them, then bam, 2 possible (probable) pro-town roles gone night one. why? because if the mafia know that they arent evil, and they have no doc protection, what will they do? they will kill them easily. even after this is pointed out, god still wants this plan to be carried out as he states here
god wrote: Shelper wrote:
Going by modargo's latest plan, let's see if i understood correctly.
Gnome blocks tripod.
tripod shoots random player.

Umm, why endanger a random player with a vig kill if Gnome is lying, this is basically allowing Gnome to be a serial killer.

If Tripod eats Gnome and Gnome successfully blocks tripod, they'll both be safe, and confirmed since neither will die. We can also put a doc on tripod, but not Gnome because then we wouldnt know if Gnome's block worked or if it was just the doc protection.

Why put the rest of the town at more risk when we could simply allow for:
If Gnome isnt a role-blocker, as he said, he dies.

modargo wrote:
If UT targets Gnome, how can know the difference between Gnome not dying because UT was roleblocked and Gnome not dying because a doctor who believed him protected him? Yes, there's a chance that UT will be specifically told that he was roleblocked; but there's also a chance that he won't be told, and there's no need to take that risk.

Exactly why we're telling the doctors to NOT TARGET GNOME. I think modargo is most definetly pro-town with the amount of effort he's putting into this.

From what I can see there are two possible ways my plan can go wrong:
But neither of them should ever happen.
-Gnome is telling the truth and gets blocked himself. This should not happen since role-blockers are almost certainly pro-town

-Gnome is lying, and a very stupid doctor protects him, the town then believes he is confirmed. Also should not happen since doctors are usually pro-town and not-retarded.

Anyone see any flaws?
when the various falws have ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT!
then in the next post, ZONE agrees with God, and sides with him.
Then modargo re-states the various gaping holes in God's plan
then ZONE re- confirms his allegience with God and this quote is just very VERY scummy
ZA wrote: I am a little suspicious of the people who wanted to protect MGIA as i am still a little suspicious of him. This could be his mafia pals hoping to make him look innocent and such. However it could be me being confused and stretching again. Either wayfos MGIA modargo and EnPace

go town
what is that go town just stuck in the end there for anyway?
and then zone fos's modargo, and MGIA, even though the entire point of this is not lynching MGIA today and seeing if he's townie or not.
then we have this...
modargo wrote:Modargo wrote:
God: Your plan allows for the mafia to kill Gnome, a claimed mason who is probably telling the truth, without worrying about doc protection.

Exactly my point, he is a CLAIMED mason, he has not been confirmed.

Mr. Gnome It All wrote:
But seriously, with God's plan, I'm dead no matter what. But, maybe, that's what he wants.
No, you're dead if you are lying, or if the mafia feel like killing you, but you are forgetting about your earlier suspiciousness and the fact that you are not yet confirmed. In my mind it's better to risk an unconfirmed suspicious mason/blocker then a town full of unknown cops and doctors. Besides, even if you die and are revealed to be innnocent, your supposed better half can take over and become a lone role-blocker without being revealed. They also then have a claimable proved innocent role.
the point is to CONFIRM HIM!!! and the second part is just one of the stupidest things ive read anywhere.

and I can keep going with things like this, but I'm not going to as i have better things to do with my time (not really, but hey, whatever) so, there you go, my whole thing, spread out for you. grammatical typos and all. Frankly i dont care if the grammar is bad, you can still read it. so
confirm my vote that i wish could count for 10 one GOD
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:48 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

bigbenwd wrote:logic less accusations[/b]

so im guilty cause i said go town at the end of one of my post? well, its soooooooooooooooooooooo obvious that Im guilty because of that. and yet another person who ignores that fact that i am infact innocent. WTG bigben.

go town
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:52 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

finish reading that segment. and thats why my vote is on god, but my fos is on you, I cant fine as much on you.

but earlier in those same pages, you said that you knew that the teachers were aliens and aliens were evil.. is this because you are evil? why else would you receive this info in your role pm?

P.S. i put a lot of effort into that post, thank you.
-Werebear
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:55 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

OMG are you stupid or did you just not read the thread. I revealed Info that was specific to the PMs sent to the Calvin Clones. That info was that the teachers are aliens and that they must be stopped.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:57 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

i have not finished reading the thread, no.

it would have been helpful have you mentioned that when i first posted what i thought and then daid if i have missed anything because imnot done yet, please tell me
-Werebear
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:04 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

it was in the first few pages of the thread, it lead to some big discussion early in the day.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:06 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

was god cleared in these discussions? or has he not claimed yet?
-Werebear
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

I'd like to point out that it might be useful to see where a replacement goes with his allegiances, as he is pretty much fresh, but if he is in a 'group' (mason or mafia), he'd probably go that way.

right now, I don't really want to vote for bigbenwd, as he hasn't finished reading, and the arguments he makes have been made and replied to alreaedy. so I'll let him wait. although it is interesting, as by doing what bigbenwd has done, it's sorta like he's playing along the game since the beginning, with no other info.

just some thoughts
freak with short term memory
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

i dont think god has been cleared.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

then my position on god still stands. *continues read-through*
-Werebear
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:24 pm

Post by Scalebane »

And god hasn't claimed, either.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:06 am

Post by mathcam »

*applauds ben for the effort he put into that post*

ZONEACE still looks pretty okay to me, but now that shelper's posted, I'll go back to my favorite:

Unvote: shelper/BigBenWD, Vote: God

Cam
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:41 am

Post by Tigris »

*agrees with mathcam about ben*

I do have one nit-pick point though, I really do not want all of our docs tied into protecting either UT or mgia, that just gives free reign to the mafia and sk (?) to kill whoever else they wish. So if we go with modargo's plan, I would be more inclined to support having each doctor with a chance to protect one of them and a chance to protect whomever they wish. Who knows, perhaps they will get lucky. However, with God's plan we can't have a doctor protect mgia as that would negate the vigi killing as well.

To be honest, the more I think about the roles, the more I am inclined to think there doesn't necessarily need to be a plan. Are the parents and Hobbes quite likely to be here? Yes and it is too early for the mafia to make a claim like they are one of them, too easily and too likely to be refuted. So the only concern is that the parents and/or Hobbes aren't pro-town, which can be decided on later, as proof of ability does not necessarily correlate to proof of allegience. (Course I am also one of those people that thinks the only time someone is proven is when they are dead for 2 days, so maybe I'm not the best judge on proven anythings ^_^).

I still feel the whole UT/God thing is borderline creepy, so I still don't know how comfortable I am looking into that. I guess that the basic difference between the two plans (maybe?, it's how I see the difference at least) was the value given to a mason role-blocker. Personally, I tend to see it as less valuable then many roles (as even if it is killed, the ability is not lost); therefore, I find putting it at possible risk is acceptable as I doubt that the mafia would go after it at this stage of the game (especially with cops and docs still alive).
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:47 am

Post by Werebear »

First of all, I don't know who started the "hobbes as evil" thing... but they should be either FoS'd, or kicked in the snowpants.

Second, hasn't anyone else analyzed the kills? Was there a "clawed to death"? No, there was death by pencil (probably a teacher mafia) and death by being beaten up (probably Moe, Serial Killer). If I did happen to see a "clawed to death" or "eaten by a tiger", I would STILL assume it as a vigilante kill.

Feh!
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:50 am

Post by Werebear »

oh, the only other evil I could think of would be Rosalyn (babysitter), though she really wasn't bad to Calvin, most of the time he was bad to her... the Killer Bicycle, the Killer Snow Goons, and evil aliens. *Shrug*
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:38 am

Post by God »

You should finish reading the thread before a post like that, it has been addressed, with nearly those exact same points, by Scalebane, and my response came soon afterwards. No I have not been cleared, but I can assure you I am pro-town, and revealing my role will only add to the monster that is this Day 1.
"Still looking for one, heh" Dragon Phoenix, inside the 2nd DP9 Modprod.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”