NG 581 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Good job guys. It's been a fun first game for me.

I'll have to say that Day 2 was overwhelmingly frustrating for me, but other than that, it was a fun game.

Willing to take some constructive criticism. :D
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Incognito »

Saaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeet! I had a nightmare last night about this game hahaha. The nightmare was that strife turned up town, and I was stuck in end-game trying to decide between babygirl and strappado.

I think you pretty much nailed it here, babygirl:
babygirl86 wrote:the fact that strappado isn't willing to hammer yet and wants to gather more information makes me think twice about thinking he's scummier than strife. After doing a semi-complete readthrough I've caught a few new things that I don't like about strife... for example his willingness to hop on bandwagons- especially bandwagons of people that were later confirmed innocent. He was also not part of the scum's lynch. I'm hoping this is the right decision... if not we'll know who the other scum is tomorrow.
vote strife 220

*crosses fingers*
The scum tell was strife simply wasn't willing to completely accept anyone as town. That's fine on like Day 1 or other days when little information is available in the thread but when more information becomes available, townies will generally lean towards believing player X is town for this reason and so on. Strife was placed into a tough situation where he was pretty much forced to cast doubt on everyone to hope for his own survival. strappado, on the other hand, was either having a bad case of Stoofer's syndrome (as scum) or was obvtown. Turns out she was obvtown. :D
JamesThePhox wrote:Good job guys. It's been a fun first game for me.

I'll have to say that Day 2 was overwhelmingly frustrating for me, but other than that, it was a fun game.

Willing to take some constructive criticism. :D
James, dude, I'm really sorry about that. =( I don't think you played poorly here - you were just a victim of the circumstances that were going on when the case on Xtoxm was growing. This was probably one of the few instances where being active as town kinda cost you instead of Snailman. It seemed like you had plenty of opportunity to comment on Xtoxm but kept pushing it away which made it look like a partner linkage. When you threatened to hammer yourself though in Day 2, I was very much ready to change my opinion about you and label you as town. I think self-votes from new players can be town-tells oftentimes. I was reluctant to believe it though because you had read through that Vengeful game and I thought it might have been a ruse or something. X_X So sorry about that.
Patrick wrote:Xtoxm, why didn't you fakeclaim a powerole on day 1 rather than just confessing?
He took this off of his Watched Topics so I don't think he'll be commenting. =P

I'd be more than happy to play with any of you again. I really enjoyed this group, and I enjoyed my first game as an IC. :D
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Patrick »

Oh. Well, for the others if they continue playing and draw a scum role, it's usually a good idea to fakeclaim a powerole as scum if you're nailed on day 1. In this case, a cop claim would have drawn out the real cop a day earlier, and prevented Koolkevk becoming confirmed innocent, and a doc claim would probably have bought Xtoxm more time, since there wasn't a real doctor to counterclaim.

James, you did fine. You were mostly just in the wrong place at the wrong time, which happens to the best of players. Keep on being active, and never consider hammering yourself as town :)

Did anyone else notice VRK's votecount on day 2 that was titled:
VRK, Day 2 wrote:The "Cop has claimed and things are moving to quickly to wait" Vote Count
This more or less confirmed the cop claim to be true I thought. Although in this case, the claim was obviously legit anyway so it didn't affect the game.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Incognito »

Patrick wrote:Did anyone else notice VRK's votecount on day 2 that was titled:
VRK, Day 2 wrote:The "Cop has claimed and things are moving to quickly to wait" Vote Count
Yep, I noticed that too, but I think I told you I noticed on AIM anyway. =o

Never, ever, ever try to extrapolate ANYTHING from something a Mod writes. I would have phrased it the same way if it had been scum fake claiming... - Vel
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:24 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I actually ignored most of the Xtoxm things, because I didn't really see changes in Xtoxm's playstyle, since it was my first game and I didn't know much about meta-ing. I thought that Avangor was much more scummy than Xtoxm and pushed for it because I had a better case on Avangor than on Xtoxm.

That was my mistake. :P
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Ether »

Pinkkitten, please understand that Patrick is SHY AND SENSITIVE. Sexism against males is a very real problem, and your old signature wounded him deeply.
CaffieneDeity (10:15:21 PM): It's a crying shame.
patrickgower2006 (10:15:33 PM): *tries not to cry*
See?

He didn't want to admit this out loud, but he's glad you changed it.

Also, congrats to the town. I was sorta-kinda following this earlier, but that's not really why I posted, no.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

er, it wasnt aimed at him to begin with... sooo, any way. and it wasnt ment to be sexist either, i dont under stand how it was.

good game guys I was following it after I left and I have to say soooo sorry James for the lynch.
something i noticed was that for the last day it dragged abit because many werent posting *Glares* lol nah. I think your all awesome just remember to post as often as you can in the future.

And I <3 the original players that started this off with me you guys were awesome fun, especially Incog. hes my hero
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

james i think your awesome you just need a to use differant tactics. this was my first game that w asnt forced to drop out of due to groundings or the like.

And can I ask who actually (other then incog.) noticed i was hinting cop?
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

oh and btw i played the first half of this game as if i was mafia. i encouraged Avangor with the no lynch and everyone attacked just her. and i made alot of mistakes that others made before them and no one noticed.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Patrick »

pinkkitten wrote:oh and btw i played the first half of this game as if i was mafia.
Heh. That's probably why I was suspicious of you after I died.

Don't listen to Ether. She's a TROUBLEMAKER.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Incognito »

pinkkitten90 wrote:And I <3 the original players that started this off with me you guys were awesome fun, especially Incog. hes my hero
lol thanks. ;) Now I feel like Captain Planet.
Patrick wrote:Don't listen to Ether. She's a TROUBLEMAKER.
Mmmhmmm. She's so mean.
pinkkitten90 wrote:And can I ask who actually (other then incog.) noticed i was hinting cop?
I think if Snailman were here to comment on the post-game stuff, he would probably admit that he had noticed. I think he wanted to place Koolkevk at L-1 to affirm the cop claim but did so under the guise of "pressuring Koolkevk to become more chatty". It was one of the main reasons I found Snailman scummy.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:33 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I think didn't notice it initially, but our hinting and questioning at Day 2 got me thinking that you knew more than us, but I never put two and two together when it came down to it.

Koolkevk REALLY seemed scummy. :P
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

lol, well i had an awesome time.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh won't I Incog? :P

I took it off watched topics but I check my old games where I died from time to time.

Congratz town.
Patrick wrote:Xtoxm, why didn't you fakeclaim a powerole on day 1 rather than just confessing?
...It would have been optimal, I guess. I didn't think about it. This was my 3rd game as scum, one was with Incog in endgame, jsut scuma nd townies, other was a short venegful, again just scum and townies.

Maybe next time i'm scum i'll do that.

I believe i've gotten better at scum since this game.

After what i'd said I thought it was pretty obvious I was scum anyway.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I still don't like being scum, though.

I don't think that's something that'll ever change, really.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:16 am

Post by strappado »

I dont think I will either, I'm dreading the eventuality >.<
Hopefully I wont outright claim though, shame on you, you didn't even try hahaha
http://strappado.mybrute.com
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 9:39 am

Post by strife220 »

Good game all. My biggest scum tell was definately my undecisiveness on the last day. I figured my best shot would have been to accuse both Strapp and Babygirl and NK Incog that night if the mislynch went through. Was very suprised to log on and find me already dead!
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

yea i had pinkkitten pinned at cop from posts 192-194.

well done everyone btw!
~~Who are you to wave your FoS?~~
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”