Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Masquerader Purple »

In post 423, Masquerader Red wrote:I also didn't see a push on cyan which I'd expect if Blue was an intruder.
Blue pushed cyan at the beginning of the first session. Blue was the first player to seriously push cyan as an intruder.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:57 am

In post 256, Masquerader Blue wrote:my read of the gamestate on replace in is that I think both scum were already paired by the time I replaced in because it didn't feel like there was a lot of interest in deciding who the elimination was or who got paired among the final five - it felt like the game was somewhat stagnant by that point and people were just ok with sleepwalking through this part of the game despite it being really the most exciting part.

I think the over-eagerness to defend themselves rather than focus on who should be eliminated feels like a scum reaction from Cyan.

When I asked Olive multiple times who Olive wanted to be eliminated from the final three, Olive didn't really have a response or an opinion and I find that very troubling.

I didn't like how teal played the EOD at first because it felt like teal didn't really care much who he took along with him and didn't really express a lot of reads but I've had some time to think it over and I feel like it leans towards a town mindset;

I think it feels somewhat unlikely for scum!teal to decide to offer to town!green and scum!magenta at the same time? Like if Green accepts there it's not like Teal would get very much cred off the bus and he's putting his teammate at risk for really not very much gain?

I don't think either of Teal or Magenta really tried very hard to get paired at any point throughout the game and I don't really understand their team strategy if they are a scum team together.

If you take a look at the offer from a strategic standpoint; Teal offering to Green/Magenta subordinates him to both Green/Magenta - what I mean by this is that Green/Magenta can both decide to pair with each other rather than Teal by force almost.

For example if Green wants to pair with Magenta, Green could simply post "Hi I want to pair with Magenta, I had the opportunity to accept Green but I'm not going to take it" at this point Magenta would owe their life to Green and be somewhat obligated to take it? Similarly this would work in reverse.

In a game like this I feel like it is giving up a lot of power to offer both players.

I know it could be true that Teal is just mafia who didn't think very deeply and is just playing haphazardly but my gut tells me this is not the case.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Masquerader Red »

The issue I have with your constant reassessments is, even if accurate, are coming from someone possibly pocketed. The early acceptance doesn't read as a natural progression either.

You've given me few data points to work off of. I worry that if I tell you more about what I want, Olive sees to my identity.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:00 am

In post 425, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 423, Masquerader Red wrote:I also didn't see a push on cyan which I'd expect if Blue was an intruder.
Blue pushed cyan at the beginning of the first session. Blue was the first player to seriously push cyan as an intruder.
That wasn't my understanding since I came in and that's when I'd expect it.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:00 am

Red, you should unvote because you were unaware that blue was the first player to seriously push cyan, which I have quoted above.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:01 am

In post 428, Masquerader Red wrote:
In post 425, Masquerader Purple wrote:
That wasn't my understanding since I came in and that's when I'd expect it.
I don't understand what you're saying then because blue was one of the players who voted out cyan and yellow.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:03 am

In post 427, Masquerader Red wrote:The issue I have with your constant reassessments is, even if accurate, are coming from someone possibly pocketed. The early acceptance doesn't read as a natural progression either.
I don't know what you are referring to by early acceptance, and the irony of this statement is that you are just as susceptible to being pocketed by blue as I am to olive.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:03 am

In post 429, Masquerader Purple wrote:Red, you should unvote because you were unaware that blue was the first player to seriously push cyan, which I have quoted above.
I'll unvote for awhile but it's likely going back. I have work to do.

I want to ask you how often you play with Olive to gauge your accuracy but that's extremely anti-town.

I need you to look at that acceptance of your offer and explain olive's actions.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:04 am

In post 431, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 427, Masquerader Red wrote:The issue I have with your constant reassessments is, even if accurate, are coming from someone possibly pocketed. The early acceptance doesn't read as a natural progression either.
I don't know what you are referring to by early acceptance, and the irony of this statement is that you are just as susceptible to being pocketed by blue as I am to olive.
You and Olive were the first pair to link.

Also, Blue and I are not the same slots so a strategic pocket is unlikely.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:05 am

So far, my impression is that you have received most of your information from blue and have not read the game thoroughly or are attempting to interact with me in good faith. Your decision to vote us instead of listen to what I have to say is reckless.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:05 am

UNVOTE: Purple/Olive
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:07 am

In post 434, Masquerader Purple wrote:So far, my impression is that you have received most of your information from blue and have not read the game thoroughly or are attempting to interact with me in good faith. Your decision to vote us instead of listen to what I have to say is reckless.
The good faith part is incredulous. The not reading part is unfair as the person I am or am pretending to be wouldn't read like that or hunt like that.

The vote was reckless. That is fair and that's why I unvoted.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:07 am

In post 433, Masquerader Red wrote:Also, Blue and I are not the same slots so a strategic pocket is unlikely.
I don't understand what this is referring to, there is logically no reason to assume olive and I are any less susceptible to being pocketed than either you or blue.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:10 am

In post 180, Masquerader Purple wrote:Magenta seems the most suspicious to me. I'm not sure where their interest in teal comes from or their suspicion of red. Magenta seems to be the most worried about finding a partner (and how they will be perceived for asking or accepting) and the least worried about finding the intruders. If they wish, olive can elaborate on the depth of their feelings toward magenta and I will listen. I have read magenta's recent posting and am not impressed.

Green looks like an invitee who was wrongly accused or an intruder who is angry because they feel they were caught for wrong reasons. I don't know. The fact they seem unlikely to receive a partner probably means they are most likely to be invitee of the players I suspect. It's possible that magenta saw through the layers of wifom and asked to be paired with teal so that they would end up paired green, however, unless someone objects, since magenta and green seem so anxious to receive a partner and haven't voiced too much suspicion of each other, why not pair up together?

Teal dropping out looks like intruder who was pushed from the beginning of the game and lost morale over time. It could also be an invitee who lost morale or became sick and ran out of energy, though I consider this alternative explanation less likely. It hasn't escaped my attention that despite their claims to be slow in forming reads, here as the eleventh hour approaches they are even more absent than they were at the beginning. I think teal avoided outting reads and when they did out reads they sounded suspicious. I prefer that teal be left without a partner just to be rid of them.

I'm a bit at odds with olive here on blue: I'm willing to gamble blue is invitee (though it would be amusing if the intruders were blue and teal and the intruders have given up posting altogether) and I'm optimistic their absence is as frustrating to the intruder's as it is to us. Red will likely be an ideal target to be killed with an automaton and being paired with new blue may be a double edged-sword. The intruders have little information to guess new blue's identity, as we have little information to sort them. I prefer to tempt fate and hope new blue's absence is nai and that they will provide some protection to red by being awkward for the intruders to guess.

All I can say about cyan and yellow is that I really hope they are invitee. Cyan seemed genuine in their ketchup and yellow is yellow. I mean I can say more than that but I'll leave it there.
This is a post I wrote earlier in the game which is AI for me being invitee. My wish was to see teal eliminated and magenta be paired with green instead of teal.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:16 am

There are actually several reasons why is AI for me being invitee. Do you agree, new red? Also, thank you for unvoting and I'm sorry for saying you are interacting in bad faith and for lurking at the beginning of this session. I will try to remain present until this game concludes.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:39 am

In post 432, Masquerader Red wrote:
In post 429, Masquerader Purple wrote:Red, you should unvote because you were unaware that blue was the first player to seriously push cyan, which I have quoted above.
I'll unvote for awhile but it's likely going back. I have work to do.

I want to ask you how often you play with Olive to gauge your accuracy but that's extremely anti-town.

I need you to look at that acceptance of your offer and explain olive's actions.
I understand, I request that you make use of the time remaining in the session before you revote.

It would help if you rephrased your second thought in a way that I can answer. I am very good (though not quite great) at reading olive. I have spent too many hours interacting with them.

I will give you a detailed response to what you asked, though it would help me if you clarified which offer (my pairing with olive?) and which of olive's actions I must explain.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:47 am

In post 440, Masquerader Purple wrote:It would help if you rephrased your second thought in a way that I can answer. I am very good (though not quite great) at reading olive. I have spent too many hours interacting with them.
Better than 90 out of 100 players, but not better than 99 out of 100 players, if that's any easier to understand.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:24 am

In post 437, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 433, Masquerader Red wrote:Also, Blue and I are not the same slots so a strategic pocket is unlikely.
I don't understand what this is referring to, there is logically no reason to assume olive and I are any less susceptible to being pocketed than either you or blue.
A pocket is much harder to maintain with multiple people coming and going.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:26 am

In post 438, Masquerader Purple wrote:This is a post I wrote earlier in the game which is AI for me being invitee. My wish was to see teal eliminated and magenta be paired with green instead of teal.
This assumes teal scum, which is facts not in evidence. I would agree that if teal is scum, the last scum is blue/olive.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:47 am

In post 440, Masquerader Purple wrote:I will give you a detailed response to what you asked, though it would help me if you clarified which offer (my pairing with olive?) and which of olive's actions I must explain.
I'm looking for a detailed explaination of 428. The entire transaction feels off.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Masquerader Blue »

In post 86, Masquerader Purple wrote:This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.

purple is full of shit but im ok with letting him win if olive wants to take responsbility for once in their life
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Masquerader Olive »

In post 419, Masquerader Teal wrote:I don't see why having a gut read 8 days ago has to equate to a strong read now. Not sure what else to tell you, but things change.

VOTE: Purple/olive
If Teal is who I think they are, their read on me is pretty much proof that they are not invitee here.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:45 am

In post 445, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 86, Masquerader Purple wrote:This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.

purple is full of shit but im ok with letting him win if olive wants to take responsbility for once in their life
They sound extremely invitee like in our PT. I don’t see how they’d be capable of faking all that.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:58 am

Teal, which of us do you actually intruder read because your posts read to me like you don’t honestly care and I would expect an invitee you to actually not be trying to ram a vote on us through.

I would also like anyone to explain why teal is invitee here? What even actual solving have they even tried to do?

Also anyone critically reading my interactions with purple should be able to clearly tell we are not aligned, so then ask yourselves, why is purple so confident in their invitee read on me and also, why me, them?

I don’t want to out my identity more than I probably unfortunately already have but you can tell a lot about your partner in your pt.

Magenta, why are you no longer trusting your initial instinct on teal? What changed?
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:05 pm

I would also like to ask red/blue if they think teal/magenta are the tvt pairing because I feel that is the pairing most likely to be svt. I still strongly invitee read magenta.

Red, I’m not entirely sure who you are but your use of the phrase “theorycrafting” gave me some ideas but I’m now questioning that because if you’re still suspicious of me I could be wrong on that.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”