chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

and the tracker.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Tammy »

But why didn't you guys kill him the night you killed Mhork?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Pine »

Town PRs got lucky. Very lucky. I was mostly shooting in the dark with my "copboner" for chesskid.

I don't think you're correctly valuing the two scumkills per Town lynch, Chesskid. If we'd mislynched two more times, even with Town PRs getting lucky, scum would've had it. If you people hadn't crosskilled, scum may have had it anyway. This was actually a lot closer than you're making it out to be, despite Town making ZERO bad lynches.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Regfan »

I actually found the setup tilting towards the scum due to 2 scum-related kills to every town 1 and no incentive for scum to cross-kill.

I don't think the town power roles were as strong as people are making them out to be either and I think the main reason that both towns won so easily at the end of the day was due to poor night play by the scum and bad claiming. Mhork should never have been a night-kill, neither should have MoS and scum (Can blame each other all you want) should have shot Pine so they don't have to worry about lying/getting caught lying about their alignment later. Also Shadoweh/BB were eventually undone by their claims and were run up due to being scummy.

Also I think Feysal/Pere at the end of the day played their PRs very well, they managed to appear scummy enough to avoid ever being night-killed but not scummy enough that they were ever a leading lynch candidate. It's the perfect way to play the roles they were given. Oversoul on the other hand...
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by Regfan »

Can we get some links to the scum QTs please?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

The Lawful QT is very small. :< We uh.. didn't talk much.

I wouldn't say I was undone by my claim. I was assuming I was already dead and less valuable then the roleblocker. The claim was made to be countered and revealed a bunch of people that had no idea how spells worked. And greenknight. I should have claimed chaotic and set a better example, BBmolla's claim made me cry inside.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Haze »

Well I did jack all this game.

Good job on the win that had practically nothing to do with me. Don't think a /single/ of my reads were correct.

lol.
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Faraday »

Cool, given the amount of room town had to manoeuvre I'd say this was mostly balanced. They had some strong prs but could easily get screwed in terms of mislynches, so yeah.

Also me and Seacore are currently working on ADWD Mafia (HINT HINT SEACORE)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Faraday »

Mastin: I'm absolutely disgusted you would even CONSIDER tactically replacing out of a game.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

I need to start trusting some of my early instincts more. I had a scum read on LMP in the pre-crash thread, a scum read on Skenvoy's post in this thread, a scum read on Mastin upon entrance and a meh feeling on Maniacal Lemon, and a scum read on Shadoweh - should have pushed for her first day actually. Should have listened to my doubts about Cooldog and his "confusion" over the set up, but so many people were so certain he was town I let my self be swayed.

I'd have never voted for BB though, mostly because I'm susceptible to people defending me, and I would have never voted for MoS I don't think.

gg all!

Thanks for running is Seacore.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Post by greenknight »

GG all. Thanks in particular to Seacore for keeping the game running smoothly through replacement hell.

I still think the setup was overall scum sided for much the same reasons as Regfan. (I feel that chaotic town apathy towards lynching a lawful player was a major factor in the day 5 TD speed lynch.) The PR ratios are pretty much what would be expected in a 10:3 game after all, and the half-doctors and L/C cop are fairly weak roles pre-massclaim. CE were playing well but got very unlucky with night actions, and LE really can't complain about the Pine scan because they failed to kill him earlier.

I felt town as a whole did a good job of scum hunting on day 2 after a very unproductive day 1.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 4307, Faraday wrote:Cool, given the amount of room town had to manoeuvre I'd say this was mostly balanced. They had some strong prs but could easily get screwed in terms of mislynches, so yeah.

Also me and Seacore are currently working on ADWD Mafia (HINT HINT SEACORE)

I can has pre/in?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Feysal »

And so the game ends in a dual town victory. I'm well pleased. It was not perfect, but overall I think both towns played well.

This is only my second town victory on site, and the first where I was correct on the final lynch when it counted. Still my play definitely had room for improvement. I started out pretty excited, having received my first significant power role, and I think I actually had the highest post count in the original thread. Later I slipped back into lurking, and when Shadoweh and BBmolla were wagoned, I was pretty out of touch with what was going on. I got my bearings quickly enough though. After that I just kept my vote on BBmolla and waited for the passage of time to get me the lynch while the rest of the town argued. I was certain then that BBmolla would be lynched at the end of the day even if I did not claim, and claiming would only draw a night kill from scum, so I kept silent. That day my lurking was intentional too. I don't know why MoS was so certain about BBmolla being scum, but I made sure I was playing second violin to his first to protect myself.

In post 4303, Regfan wrote:Also I think Feysal/Pere at the end of the day played their PRs very well, they managed to appear scummy enough to avoid ever being night-killed but not scummy enough that they were ever a leading lynch candidate. It's the perfect way to play the roles they were given. Oversoul on the other hand...

Oddly enough, I never managed to do anything significant with my ability. The only things of any importance I learned were from failures, which enabled me to confirm the actions of others.

Now that I remember, the reason I tried to investigate MoI on the first night was because I suspected them, and I knew they would not be an easy target to lynch, so I felt I needed solid information to use as ammunition. When he claimed to have super secret reasons for me being town, that clinched it. I've seen too many false claims from MoI, the individual player. I'll be interested to find out how many players actually targeted him that night.

In post 4305, Shadoweh wrote:The Lawful QT is very small. :< We uh.. didn't talk much.

I can imagine. I can also imagine Seacore's desperation when he made post ... half of the total scum needing replacement at the same time. I don't know if there is a record for highest number of replacements needed in a game, but this game had more than I've ever seen.

In post 4309, Tammy wrote:Should have listened to my doubts about Cooldog and his "confusion" over the set up, but so many people were so certain he was town I let my self be swayed.

That goes for me too. I did reconsider my read of CooLDoG a number of times, but I could never get over the fact that Seacore had made a clarification post about the setup in the original thread soon after CooLDoG's crackpot theorizing. That appeared to confirm there was real confusion, and CooLDoG had displayed his in thread.

By the way, I have a minor confession to make. I criticized Mastin for supposedly suspecting Nacho for not answering when he asked if he was town, but I can similarly pinpoint the moment I decided you were town to a single post. It was , specifically the bit about
swimming
. I don't think that reason would have gone over well so I shut up about it, and even now I don't think I can satisfactorily explain why I got a town read from that, it just felt like something only town would say. After that I never doubted you again. I'm sure I could have come up with better reasons if I'd had to defend you, but that never happened.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Pine »

Nacho was playing really scummy Town. Uncool bro.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 4312, Feysal wrote:Now that I remember, the reason I tried to investigate MoI on the first night was because I suspected them, and I knew they would not be an easy target to lynch, so I felt I needed solid information to use as ammunition. When he claimed to have super secret reasons for me being town, that clinched it. I've seen too many false claims from MoI, the individual player. I'll be interested to find out how many players actually targeted him that night.

More comments in the morning ... just wanted to say that

A. Lots of players targetted us
B. You can't read me very well Feysal :P
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 4296, kondi2424 wrote:chesskid was caught due to guilty and likely would have lasted longer.

From my perspective he was the only claimed chaotic left at the end who made any sense as scum, so I hope this wouldn't have been the case.

The game was a lot of fun.

I'm happy to finally have an example of scum proposing tp use an anti-town strategy at the start of the game.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 4314, MagnaofIllusion wrote:You can't read me very well Feysal :P

Really? I've had a scum read on you in every game we've played, excluding ones where I was scum, and this is the first time I've been wrong.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

Seacore wrote:x7

Welcome to
Good vs Evil, Law vs Chaos Mafia
, Guy.

Alignment
: Lawful Good
Class
: Commoner
Class Abilities
: Nil

Win Condition:
You win when all
Chaotic Evil
players have been eliminated and at least one
Lawful Good
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Guy.

Alignment
Class
: Paladin
Class Abilities
: Detect Evil - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the Mod. If your action is successful you will learn if they are
Evil
or
Not Evil

Win Condition:
You win when all
Chaotic Evil
Lawful Good
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Guy.

Alignment
Class
: Cleric
Class Abilities
: Protection from Chaos - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, you will prevent any action targeting that player, caused by a
Chaotic
player.

Win Condition:
You win when all
Chaotic Evil
Lawful Good
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Guy.
Alignment
Class
: Wizard
Class Abilities
: Detect Thoughts - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, you will learn that player's
Class

Win Condition:
You win when all
Chaotic Evil
Lawful Good
player is left alive.

x7

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
: Chaotic Good
Class
Class Abilities

Win Condition:
You win when all
Lawful Evil
Chaotic Good
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
Class
: Bard
Class Abilities
: Detect Law - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, you will learn if they are
Lawful
or
Not Lawful

Win Condition:
You win when all
Lawful Evil
Chaotic Good
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
Class
: Cleric
Class Abilities
: Protection from Law - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, you will prevent any action targeting that player, caused by a
Lawful
player.

Win Condition:
You win when all
Lawful Evil
Chaotic Good
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
Class
: Ranger
Class Abilities
: Tracking - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, you will learn who that player targets with actions that Night.

Win Condition:
You win when all
Lawful Evil
Chaotic Good
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
: Chaotic Evil
Class
: Rogue
Class Abilities
: Hide in Shadows - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, you will learn who targets that player that Night.
Factional Abilities
: Kill - Each Night, one member of your faction may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, that player will die.
Conspiracy - Each Night and before Day 1 starts, you may communicate with your faction members here

Win Condition:
You win when the number of living
Lawful Good
players equals the number of living
Chaotic Evil
players and at least one
Chaotic Evil
player is left alive.

x2

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
: Chaotic Evil
Class
Class Abilities
Factional Abilities
: Kill - Each Night, one member of your faction may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, that player will die.
Conspiracy - Each Night and before Day 1 starts, you may communicate with your faction members here

Win Condition:
Lawful Good
Chaotic Evil
players and at least one
Chaotic Evil
player is left alive.

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
: Lawful Evil
Class
: Wizard
Class Abilities
: Hold Person - Each Night you may target another player by submitting their name in a PM to the mod. If successful, that player will not be successful in any action they take that Night.
Factional Abilities

Win Condition:
Chaotic Good
Lawful Evil
players and at least one
Lawful Evil
player is left alive.

x2

Welcome to
, Lady.

Alignment
: Lawful Evil
Class
Class Abilities
Factional Abilities

Win Condition:
Chaotic Good
Lawful Evil
players and at least one
Lawful Evil
player is left alive.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Seacore »

So, there were two cops. the bard and the paladin.

But they're only half cops, each of them will get some false positives on their own objective. The paladin can out himself and reveal an evil player, but what if that player is lawful evil? He's outted himself and hasn't helped his team. Similarly for the bard but just a bit more obviously not a pure cop.
The clerics protected from death, but they also protected from other abilities, meaning they interfered with investigations.
The wizard classcop isn't quite the same as a rolecop, since you didn't necessarily know what the role did, so it's closer to a flavour cop.
The tracker was pure, but again, could have outted themselves hunting the wrong scum.

When it became clear there were two NKs each night, compared to only one lynch, a lot of town players said this was scum sided, and it looked to be heading that way. I was toying with the idea of including a NG Vig that wins if both good teams win and loses and leaves the game if one evil team wins. Now i'm not so sure.

I don't think scum played great games. Not always terrible, but not great. If chesskid hadn't ... well, been chesskid, then I think mastin was in with a chance. he'd have probably killed Feysal and then tried for a push on Nacho. Tammy would have been the decider there. Could have gone either way maybe.

List of night actions can be found here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... mZ5enZHU1E

The replacements were an absolute nightmare. Lots of new people on my blacklist. But thanks to everybody who stuck it out through that, and all the replacements that came in and stuck it through.

Faraday is going to bully me into aDwD Mafia, but then i'll get onto a sequel of this game.

I'm curious as to how people feel this game worked as a dynamic. Was it really that different from a single town game? Or not really worth the point of difference?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Junpei »

I didn't scumhunt any differently. The two town mechanic though does create interesting role resolution as well as endgame solutions which did happen in this game.

I wonder how it would be if the first faction to win is the sole winner.. The setup obviously would have to be much changed. It'd also be a quicker game.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

scorched earth is the way to go man
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 4319, Junpei wrote:I didn't scumhunt any differently. The two town mechanic though does create interesting role resolution as well as endgame solutions which did happen in this game.

You were chaotic though, right?

It definitely felt different as Lawful, there was a strong desire to NOT be killed fmpov, as we were already 3 down when I replaced in. So being a bit more annoying/weird to try and dodge that seemed like a good strategy early on.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:53 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 4321, Faraday wrote:
It definitely felt different as Lawful, there was a strong desire to NOT be killed fmpov, as we were already 3 down when I replaced in. So being a bit more annoying/weird to try and dodge that seemed like a good strategy early on.

Yeah... I definitely felt you were playing weird on purpose and it made you harder to read. Survival play being incentivized in this way is another reason I believe dual towns to be inherently scum sided.

Feysal, I thought MoI was suspicious too because he attacked me in a way I felt was pretty contrived which reminded me of his scum play in AFFC. I might well have protected the hydra if not for this. I thought you were the 1 person in the entire game who was clearly town on day 1 and thus a likely target for scum either trying to protect or frame MoI.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:17 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Well thanks for running this, Seacore! I know that I definitely did not play to my top here... I think I'm going to stick to smaller games for awhile.

I've still absolutely no clue why I died, but it was best for the town.

And sorry, Shadoweh! Maybe next time we play we can be on the same side!
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 am

Post by Feysal »

Night Actions wrote:Mastermind of Sin - Night 1 - Watch Pine - targeted by BBmolla

I knew it. There had to be a reason why MoS was so single mindedly pushing BBmolla.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”