Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4400 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Sajin »

I liked watching the game. I disliked the swingyness of the "who gets the deathnote on a lynch" mechanic. I loved the mixture of informational roles with nightchats. Some of those must have been fun to participate in.

I disliked the misa serial killer win condition. Not only would she have to make it to LY/LO, but there must have been at least 1 death note still around, L, Near, or Mello must have been still alive unbeknown to her. This seems impossible.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #4401 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Sajin wrote:I disliked the misa serial killer win condition. Not only would she have to make it to LY/LO, but there must have been at least 1 death note still around, L, Near, or Mello must have been still alive unbeknown to her. This seems impossible.
GRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping a death note around wasn't hard (I had one, and the only way I'd lose it would be to get lynched, which I wasn't planning on anyways) - but the need to keep at least one of the town's three best power roles around until all other Death Notes were eliminated would have been almost impossible even if I had known about it!
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4402 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Light-kun »

@Misa: Actually, the prime move would have been to kill Teru and give that death note to Rem. Get on Rem's bandwagon and get the note again to give to Rem (if possible) or toss it to Mykonian. the winning move here was to tell mykonian that you were Misa and that to win he needed to use the notebook as you directed. Have him kill of no one. You kill and delay a kill Night 6 so Day 7 is reached, Ryuk would win, Sidoh would win (by Ryuk passing it) and that win would be pretty epic. However, you do have a point about being blind sighted by the Teru win. I do apologize that you were screwed by the mechanic of the game and that was our one major flaw.

Secondly: The claims actually were intended to be stronger with a more important character. Lind L. Taylor was a decently significant at the start of the manga in terms of introducing L. i think, however, the flaw was that it rewarded both importance to the game (Light had Matt, who I personally wanted in the game) to weaker characters. I understand your point, but I think that Sayu and Sachiko as VANILLA TOWNIES would have been pretty believable given the overwhelming power of town, or so it would seem. However, I will take this as a mostly well designed game that needed tweaks for the Shinigami and the death note drop.

So everyone knows, the working ideas for the death note drop had it as the first person to vote an individual got the note. However, this was too predictable.

This game may be run again with various alterations to the setup, but as the above idea did take several months to develop into a functioning mafia game that clearly had some errors in its running, this full game may take time to perfect and then alter as to not be winnable by simply referencing this setup. However, Death Note: Light Remix (working title is nerdy) is down on my list. Instead, the immediate sequel to this game is Death Note: LABB. It will be run as a Mini Theme and I am already in the mini theme queue list. Pre-ins are welcome from anyone in this game except for those who were modkilled or managed to annoy me to the point that they are banned from any games that took a really long time to develop. The game is still being fined tuned and learning from [our] mistakes, I really hope to perfect it.

Thank you everyone who played and I hope you enjoyed reading the game and the analysis that followed. Thank you, and good night.

With Love,

Light-kun (1/2 Gelus)
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4403 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Mastin »

Drat. That sucked.
Gelus wrote:Unfortunately, the anti-kira, the pro town allies, have failed to utilize their pre game discussion and have far less information. Raye Penber, Mastin, has tried speaking to Naomi and has 9 posts to his own credit (giving away to anyone he's Mastin...). Naomi, Zwetchenwasser, picked up his prod late, but even then, failed to respond. Poor Raye.
I found it rather ironic that Zwet was my partner. I had a specific post in the thread, ASKING that if he WAS Naomi for him to NOT forget he was a Mason. (...He did. <_<)

I was dead-certainly that either Kai, or ZEE, were Naomi until well after I was dead. I was certain that they got the hints I was dropping early on. (My posts early in this game were NOT the way they were because of my style. They were the way they were because I wanted to freakin' know who my partner was!
Just to make sure the message got across once and for all, I was going to prepare one final breadcrumb, just to make sure, involving me being a
Ray
of Light who will
track
down evil and destroy it.)

I was screaming from the grave my opinions until I flaked--like that Ort/SSK was so obv.town, I cried. There appear to be a lot of notes; I wish I could've read 'em all instead of just browse.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”