Micro 121: SS9 (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote count 3.2:Lincolm- 1 (Lincolm)
Huntress - 1 (Cheery Dog)
Cheery Dog - 1 (Wickedestjr)

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-02-18 20:00:00).

Prodding Lincolm.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 447, Wickedestjr wrote:I'm becoming more confident in my Cheery Dog scum read (and slightly less confident in my Huntress scum read). So much in fact that I'm actually going to
Vote: Cheery Dog
partially for post 443.

Originally, when asked to explain his scumreads on Huntress and I, Cheery Dog justifies it by saying he has no reasons for suspecting us, but he simply hasn't established us as town. Yet, later, Malakittens asks him about his reads and he responds with this;
In post 443, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 442, Malakittens wrote:You know CD. Explain to me why you either have a town read on me or a null-leaning town on me?

I don't, I have higher scummy reads on them.

This is extremely contradictory and shows that Cheery Dog really just doesn't want to explain any of his reads. Cheery Dog called Huntress and I mafia solely because Lincolm and Malakittens seemed more townish, but when asked to explain the townreads, he says he reached the conclusion Malakittens was town because Huntress and I appear more suspicious. That's circular reasoning.

Another thing I've noticed is that he's basically coasted through this day with his vote on Huntress. It looks like bussing, but I also think the vote looks bad regardless of Huntress's allignment. Day 3 started, CD expressed suspicion of just me, later he expresses belief in a huntress/wicked scum pair, and then he votes for Huntress rather than me. It seems unnatural and he hasn't even asked any questions or done anything to strengthen his reads despite no reasoning being given. He's shown no townish interest.

I figured what needed to be happening for town to still win, and choose huntress as I felt out of the three of mala/you/her that it was most likely top be easier to work how I think today and tomorrow need to go in order for town to win.

I've explained why I have Lincolm as town currently haven't I, even if it is only generalised, it's still all I believe I need for town (aka my team) to win.

Mala came in with contributions during those posts and as they made sense, you and huntress end up as the scumteam, though it is possible I'm also bias because Mala was reading me town which is correct whereas you other two have been attacking for what whatever reasons. and the fact I'm confident in my Lincolm read means I've probably not going to bother rereading the thread at all and just stick with what I believe will win the game for town.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Also CD:

You stated my posts between 406-412 seemed town. I didn't have a post 406, but I had a post 405.

In my post 405 you seemed to 'shoot down' what I wanted to do with the reads list in which I replied to you in 407. So what seemed town to you about those posts? I don't know why, but if you really thought my logic was town, then why did you interfere? You knew exactly what I was doing, but you totally commented on the possible game where it was located which destroyed results.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

406 and 412 were my posts, your posts between those seemed slightly town. (in that you had done it again elsewhere, which I hadn't taken into consideration (as I didn't know about that) when I 'ruined' your 405)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Well looking back now, it was the 407, 408 & 410 were both completely null.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by Huntress »

So your "higher scummy reads" didn't actually exist?

In post 445, Cheery Dog wrote:My town reads weren't solely off activity levels, they helped yes, but there were other reasons.

How do activity levels help? What are you comparing them with? And what other reasons?

Can I have an answer to the last two questions in post 444 please.

In post 446, Wickedestjr wrote:I'm curious, how much merit do you put in this point?

A fair amount I think in that actions speak louder than words.

In post 446, Wickedestjr wrote:Can you quote this please? (the bolded)

We've already been over this. The only thing I forgot to mention was that in post 124 I said I would be saying more about Wisdom and Kmd in a separate post (post 201) so that's where my reads on them were.

In post 446, Wickedestjr wrote:umm... unless I'm misreading, Wisdom's points in 115 look pretty similar to his points in 32.

Nope. The points I voted him for refer to comments he made on later posts by Kmd.

I'm still waiting for replies from Lincolm but I'm ready and willing to vote Cheery now.

Vote: Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 455, Huntress wrote:So your "higher scummy reads" didn't actually exist?

Mala had gained some town points - therefore a lesser scumread, which means you are higher.
In post 455, Huntress wrote:
How do activity levels help? What are you comparing them with? And what other reasons?

Can I have an answer to the last two questions in post 444 please.

I'm comparing the activity levels to what I think scum with daytalk would be doing. Or at least what I would probably be doing if I were scum with daytalk.

Lincolm is actually failing it now with his lack of activity, but I also know he is also being inactive elsewhere on the site. I don't know about any of you others, or why you're increasing your tempo only now when there's a chance you'll get a Cheery-mislynch happening.

If I'm to die today, I'd like to be dead by pluralrity at deadline rather than any hammers, unless Lincolm or Mala are scum, in which case go ahead and hammer me please

Looking at where Lincolm asked if I were still supecting Mala, and the rest of his post it looks like he was still trying to avoid MYLO (also the fact he still apparently thinks he is a good lynch for today) I personally would actually rather have a scum lynched today and go to MYLO rather than do whatever is needed to not me lynched/have scum hammer me in LYLO. I see both options as plausible and am willing to take a risk to either by getting a suspect to hammer another.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by Huntress »

So you're using outside factors like RL availability and different time zones to decide whether to call someone scummy? Because that is what my posting is dependent on; not anything game-related. I suggest you rethink that. And how does an extra post or two count as an increase in tempo?
Lincolm
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:20 am

Post by Lincolm »

I'm very sorry for my inactivity, I got busy last week. Read coming.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Or, maybe not. :o

Hold up.

Vote: Lincolm

Maybe that will give you some incentive.
Lincolm
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Lincolm »

In post 436, Huntress wrote:I found this exchange odd. Lincolm's reply doesn't follow. Why would he deduce that Cheery still suspected Mala from Cheery's statement that Wicked and I should be the pair. It's a cognitive dissonance that points at discussion outside the thread which would suggest they are scumpartners.

If I'm not wrong, Cheery said Mala isn't scum before.

In post 436, Huntress wrote:What made you eliminate the rest of us here to leave Kmd and BB?

In that condition, I believed Cheery was town (the highest), Mala was town, Wicked was town, about you, Mala said you was town (the lowest) (okay that's stupid reason). You ask about the PoE, right? About my scumread, yes, it was in both of them also.

Still I don't find why Wicked is scum except that WIFOM. I don't think that is relevant read.

I really believe in this setup VCA really important because everyone willing to vote but not hammer, especially scums. But my VCA doesn't mean only when lynched happen but also the process how it come.

In post 459, Malakittens wrote:Or, maybe not. :o

Hold up.

Vote: Lincolm

Maybe that will give you some incentive.

You know that I'm willing to be lynchee, right? You should did it earlier.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Well. This is so fun. Stalled to where there are barely any posts coming through.

--

You know I voted you to see if I could get any type of post out of you since you kept either being prodded or promising content that hasn't come.

There were some analysis you stated you did, but never actually posted results.

You kept saying that, but if you were town.. I would think you wouldn't give up like this and actually try and contribute your thoughts on who you actually think is scum rather than just sitting there with your idled vote on yourself. You are not even attempting to push or even go after any of your scum reads. You are lying back and this is LyLo. I'm sorry to say, but you at this point remind me of scum-me during a LyLo where I prod dodge everything and only post to make it look like I'm contributing when I really am being passive and hoping people each other so I could hammer for wins. Though this could be applied to other players too.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Lincolm
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by Lincolm »

I'm quiet hard finding something at few persons. Thought that my read about my townreads, which I don't think needed to be told, are grow stronger. I'm pretty sure that Cheery and you are town. If I'm right, I'm fine become hammer Huntress or Wicked or one of them hammer me.

I always lack of content when I'm stalling too much. I have no questions also. So, any question for me?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

... Yet you are doing nothing to interact with players to help try and get them to post in order to get a clearer read.

Lincolm
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Lincolm »

My read almost likely based on reaction and WIFOM (even it isn't relevant, I consider use it). Almost likely I get it when actively observe. It is hard to get it in few people.

The interaction to get read also can to get shocks over everyone read. I'm quiet stubborn, so sometimes I prefer to not. (in here, I not do it)

The only I get felling about Huntress/Wicked scum team only because they are voting Cheery, which it isn't relevant read also, because everyone as town can thought about that. So no, still no scumread.

Do you know that meta isn't relevant read also? Everyone can evolve, so I only use meta as reference, not as read. Try to consider your read. (Yes, I try to question your read)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I was very busy today, so I've read the thread but I don't have time to make a longer post now. I should have plenty of time to post some thoughts/questions/responses tomorrow (~16-17 hours from now). In the meantime, I'm still happy with my vote where it's at- will explain when I return.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

@mala I'm having some if those same thoughts regarding lincoln, but this setup makes me feel they're invalid.

Does scum him want us to be in mylo that much?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote count 3.3:Cheery Dog - 2 (Wickedestjr, Huntress)
Lincolm- 2 (Lincolm, Malakittens)
Huntress - 1 (Cheery Dog)

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-02-18 20:00:00).
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Malakittens wrote:1. To me CD shot it down. Though I'll semi admit that he shot it down for a good reason. I will also admit that I may have just gotten lucky in the LyLo situation that I picked because depending on which players I picked I would have probably lost that game. I still have reason to believe that what I was going to do is a good thing. It helped me in another game and I don't see how CD saying 'Well if I was alive maybe it would have been a different outcome'.

2. Curious as to what changed? Reason why I didn't go through with the 'experiment'. Yeah I was going to use it to help me and get a little closer to figuring out who the scum team was. I felt as if CD destroyed it because he was talking about it happening while I was being scum. I have only played one scum game with CD so to me the whole thing was destroyed as soon as CD said it.

3. Not sure how to put this without it looking terribad. It's going to come off as a chainsaw defense...
She knows where my doubt it coming from. She knows the exact spot. I have known her to play where she is very single-minded as both alignments. It's a bit different when she's (scum) though because she'll go after one person until they are basically dead without looking at others. She's trying to reassure me that she's not doing what I believe she's doing.

1. It seems as if I might not entirely understand the situation. What did you mean when you said Cheery Dog "shot it down"?
2. I was curious if anyone's reads had changed. We are nearing the end of day 3, so I also wanted everyone to establish their reads as a step towards making a final decision.
3. Can you go into any more detail? Was my assumption wrong?

Cheery Dog wrote:1. I figured what needed to be happening for town to still win, and choose huntress as I felt out of the three of mala/you/her that it was most likely top be easier to work how I think today and tomorrow need to go in order for town to win.

I've explained why I have Lincolm as town currently haven't I, even if it is only generalised, it's still all I believe I need for town
(aka my team)
to win.

Mala came in with contributions during those posts and as they made sense, you and huntress end up as the scumteam, though it is possible I'm also bias because Mala was reading me town which is correct whereas you other two have been attacking for what whatever reasons. and the fact I'm confident in my Lincolm read means I've probably not going to bother rereading the thread at all and just stick with what I believe will win the game for town.

1. I don't understand what you are saying here. Can you please elaborate or reword this?
2. Bolded portion feels off. If you are town, then why did you feel the need to add that?
3. Alright, you have in fact explained your town reads on Lincolm and Malakittens. My problem is that you avoided explaining your read on Malakittens until Huntress asked you very specifically to explain it.

More later...
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 460, Lincolm wrote:If I'm not wrong, Cheery said Mala isn't scum before.

So why did you ask him in post 416 if it meant he still suspected Mala? It just didn't follow from the post you were responding to.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Wicked and mala expressed slight suspicion themselves of huntress, whereas huntress didn't express suspicion of either of to the other two, therefore it would be more likely to have my plan agreed with it we lynched huntress first - I was going for speed over smarts.

I add useless information that doesn't need said in brackets everywhere - that's just my internet personally.

I repeat, I don't have a titan read on mala - a few towny vibes that don't change the overall read except to push it slightly higher on the town side I didn't feel were needed to be said.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by implosion »

A reminder: less than two days remain until deadline.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I'll answer Wicked in just a minute or two.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 468, Wickedestjr wrote:
Malakittens wrote:1. To me CD shot it down. Though I'll semi admit that he shot it down for a good reason. I will also admit that I may have just gotten lucky in the LyLo situation that I picked because depending on which players I picked I would have probably lost that game. I still have reason to believe that what I was going to do is a good thing. It helped me in another game and I don't see how CD saying 'Well if I was alive maybe it would have been a different outcome'.

2. Curious as to what changed? Reason why I didn't go through with the 'experiment'. Yeah I was going to use it to help me and get a little closer to figuring out who the scum team was. I felt as if CD destroyed it because he was talking about it happening while I was being scum. I have only played one scum game with CD so to me the whole thing was destroyed as soon as CD said it.

3. Not sure how to put this without it looking terribad. It's going to come off as a chainsaw defense...
She knows where my doubt it coming from. She knows the exact spot. I have known her to play where she is very single-minded as both alignments. It's a bit different when she's (scum) though because she'll go after one person until they are basically dead without looking at others. She's trying to reassure me that she's not doing what I believe she's doing.

1. It seems as if I might not entirely understand the situation. What did you mean when you said Cheery Dog "shot it down"?
2. I was curious if anyone's reads had changed. We are nearing the end of day 3, so I also wanted everyone to establish their reads as a step towards making a final decision.
3. Can you go into any more detail? Was my assumption wrong?

1. Here's the game in question. Here's what she did with the results of 'popcorn lynching'. I did it here, but with less text and also Wisdom managed to booch my results. Not because he figured it out, but because he was busing his partner.

When I mean shot it down. He expressed 'worry' while clearly stating where the game possibly was. Since CD and I only have played two games together and I have only been scum in one of those games. It's not too hard for the scum here to find the link before posing thoughts which would destroy the results.

I would have been a lot more satisfied if he expressed the concern after everyone commented.

2. Understand.

3. Not really since besides this game we have played one MS game together. (Actually two, but the first game the Day was super fast and then the game was.. well over.) We play on another forum together, but I don't think it's right for me to explain it more because it's essentially outing us both and I don't think that's my call to do it. (You know this reaction test makes sense in my head, but doesn't mean anyone else remotely understands it.)

I have issue with this quote. Malakittens expresses doubt of you for going after CD and Lincolm. Yet you're more concerned about the suspicion rather than convincing Malakittens that you're reads are correct. Scummy.

Was your assumption wrong here? Yes at least to me it is. If I had any doubt on a player who aren't my highest scum reads that they could possibly be scum - I wouldn't try and convince someone that my reads are correct when they might not be.

---

Ugh at the special hammering mech. This type of LyLo makes everyone hesitant to want to hammer someone without being convinced they are scum - regardless of alignment.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Also CD the only problem about adding the useless information in brackets it makes anything look off and gives a possible good reason for scum and even town to want to jump on you for it. Especially a town(aka my team).

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”