Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 9:46 am

Post by Katsuki »

vla for a week
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 10:00 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 448, Soren wrote:420 hue

blaze it
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 1, Vote Count #8

Current Vote Count:

(1)
Bookitty -- Aeronaut
(0)
d3x
(0)
House
(2)
Soren -- BlankFace, grapes
(0)
LucianRoy
(0)
Suzune
(0)
BlankFace
(1)
farside22 -- Suzune
(0)
PeregrineV
(1)
lalaladucks -- d3x
(0)
Katsuki
(1)
Aeronaut -- farside22
(4)
grapes -- Soren, lalaladucks, Katsuki, PeregrineV

Not Voting:
House, LucianRoy, Bookitty

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

Katsuki is V/LA until 5/13.

Day 1 Will End on Thursday, May 14th, at 7 p.m. eastern time.
Countdown: (expired on 2015-05-14 19:00:00)

Spoiler:

LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 312, Soren wrote:Farside's tunnel on Suzune is making me read Suzune is town. Because I tunneled recently on Suzune in another game, and the tone behind her responses are fairly similar. And she was also town that game.

Is this still true?
As in, through farside's interactions with Suzune, do you still read Suzune as town? If so, why?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by House »

In post 447, grapes wrote: looks like role fishing to me

VOTE: soren

looks like an overreaction to me.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

So, I feel like I probably need a list, it'll help me get my thoughts down on this game in general.

PeregrineV- Not the best votes. His last vote was literally sheeping the crappy RVS grapes train because players who were on the train appeared to to him??? I don't really know. This is all it says:
In post 402, PeregrineV wrote:Skimmed the last 10ish pages. Looks like Blankface is getting voted but then unvoted. Want to go check why.

I like the grapes wagon too.

Vote: grapes

Pretty much a null/ leaning scum read on PV. There isn't a lot to go off of from his slot in the first place.

Speaking of Grapes, I think I read him town, but it's hard to read someone that way when they've been calling you scum for half the day.
He recently moved off my slot to go after Soren for what looks to be rolefishing. That's not really a bad vote, in fact it has a credible reason, even if it's only a small instance of it. He should probably elaborate on it, though. That singular reason alone might not be enough to really push Soren as scum, and truthfully, I'm actually having doubts about Soren this game.

In the beginning of the game, I read Soren as town. Mostly off gut, and the few posts he had made in the thread so far. I used that as my cornerstone to enter the game, and start developing reads. That spawned my interactions with House, Aero, and pretty much grounded me in the game. It's been a little over a week, and from what I've seen on Soren's slot hasn't been the greatest. What really worries me are the valid reasons people are bringing up to deem him scum on their lists. For instance, Blank face's slew of town posts several pages back ended with a vote on Soren, and for reasons I couldn't really overlook.
In post 285, BlankFace wrote:vote]Soren[/vote]. For being the second most active player in the game, Soren has a lot of fluff and very little hunting besides tunneling onto House's game history mistake. Besides the RVS cuteness comments, he asked Peregrine if his vote was RVS in , which I think pretty obviously was. The only things I know about how Soren feels about the game for sure is that he feels duck and Lucian is town and House is scum. There was a small push on grapes in that he never followed through with. Sorry Lucian, I think your telepathic connection might be a bit more off than you think.

I would recommend reading Soren's town-game meta, (Taylor Swift upick), but I don't think I can dissuade you from this vote, nor do I really have the means to. His posts are sometimes fluffy, and his hunting may be a little stale at the moment, but he did have some semi-solid reads. I spoke for him earlier in the game when it was a question of morals, but I don't think I should speak for him now, lest I be proven wrong again.
The things he focuses on may sometimes seem arbitrary...
In post 315, Soren wrote:
In post 305, Katsuki wrote:
In post 31, Soren wrote:Katsuki did you get the most cunning manipulator title from a specific game? I'm curious about what marvellous act you performed to have been awarded such a title.

It's suppose to be 'body of work', but I won this one from a specific game. I can put together the games that got me nominated in the past if you so wish, after I get back.

That would be nice, thank you.

But I want to believe he's testing his resources to find scum. Hopefully he's using those games Katsuki gave him as meta for her read... even though I haven't seen that brought up in the thread again.
Also, something that's caused further doubt for me is somehow his initial town read on me, (during the relative gut stage), somehow developed into a null read over the course of today. I still don't understand how that occurred. It struck me as odd, and I'm only bringing it up now because I really studied his ISO.
In post 189, Soren wrote:
In post 71, LucianRoy wrote:I like Soren, first of all, and I'd hate to see him lynched when I'm townreading him. Always.
Soren and I have played so many games together it turns into a rhythm that both of us pick up on. That sounds weird, but it's legit. We can read each other from a mile away.

Aye. Lucian is town.

Then it went to this:
In post 407, Soren wrote:
In post 406, Bookitty wrote:
In post 399, Soren wrote:Bookitty have you caught up with the game?

Yes, more or less. I need to do a real reread (rather than just a skim) to develop some reads; unfortunately, because I was busy over the weekend I was behind on writing deadlines and had to pull a near-all-nighter Sunday night to catch up. I'm groggy and I'm off my game right now, so I apologise. This will be fixed soon though.

@Aeronaut: How familiar would you say you are with my playstyle?

@Farside: What is your read on House at the moment?

@Soren: Lucian has a townread on you. Do you have a townread on him right now?

I will likely have more questions/comments once I've had a chance to study the game in greater depth, but there's where I want to start.

I don't usually have good reads on day 1, but at this moment I don't exactly scum read Lucian, nor do I town read him.

To alter Boo's post, I'm not too sure of my town read on Soren right now. But the kicker is, I haven't seen any actions in the thread that would lead me to believe he has viable scum motivation for his scarce actions and plentiful words he has said in the thread. I haven't seen a ton of action from him in general, so, I'm uncertain. I think he needs a stronger vote, and possibly a clear set of reads, then I can look at his content further.

So, most of Blank face's scum hunting is directed at Suzune/Soren right now, and with good reason too. 283 284 and 285 summarize his stance on them quite nicely, with examples of succinct posts and behavioral instances he found scummy. Blank Face needed a poke, and I'm glad I did that with my past vote on him because now he's actually producing town content. I.e; he got his head in the game. He's still going at it with the questions, and that's fine for now. He can play that way. Some of his questions seem like their trying to burst Soren and Suzune's image in the game, most of them are productive, but every now and then a forceful question like this arrives:
In post 324, BlankFace wrote:
In post 321, Suzune wrote:
In post 321, Suzune wrote:
In post 283, BlankFace wrote:I'm breaking this into multiple posts because it's a massive wall of text otherwise.

I don't like or post . The answer to the question is super easy to manipulate. Farside's intent seems town but the answer to her question and her reply are both pretty fluff unless someone can confirm. Which is why I asked if anyone who's played with Farside can confirm. Soren, can you confirm what Suzune said? Have you played games as town and scum before? Can you link to them?
What do you intend to do with older games, are you going to read them? Must you have meta information to understand this game? When you do not know someone you form an opinion based on them solely from the game you are playing. While it might be harder, it is also more interesting to discover someone.

In post 310, Soren wrote:Farside do you tunnel regardless of alignment? And meta to support your response please.

For real? There aren't even ten posts between the two. How is one different from the other? Why do you not want to give meta? I don't see any town interest in hiding. If you want to ask for meta you better be ready to supply as well. Especially when what you are looking for is bullshit and easy as hell to fake.

This just seems like going down a path to nowhere. I don't even know what you'd be looking to get out of squeezing meta from people, but I guess they did it anyway. More or less, I read him as leaning-town right now.

Aeronaut sheeped farside's reason to vote boo. I think he should probably show that he deems Boo to be scum by his own hands, and analyze her posts a bit better. He's semi-vla because he says he's busy, and I can understand if he doesn't have time to thoroughly read the thread, but really. It's not a good time for more sheep votes when we need to start determining who to lynch. We're moving into the final half of the dayphase, and inactivity will only cause us to do a last minute vote if we continue at this rate. From what I've seen in the thread, Aero seems town. I agree with Lala's analysis of the interaction with Aero and House. Basically, at first they seemed kind of scummy for it, but then they realized they were both town. Her post says it better than I do.

Laladucks: Once I started asking her questions, she answered with some really fantastic analyses of certain players slots, one thing that comes to mind is her summary/analysis of House's and Aero's interactions. Things kind of dropped off from there. I don't feel like she's completely attached to this game, and the instances of towniness are few and far between. I won't even lie, most of it is, indeed fluff.
In post 397, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 295, grapes wrote:
In post 288, lalaladucks wrote:Ooooh, BlankFace's last few posts are nice. He's town for now :D

What specifically did you like about them?

He very clearly and thoroughly explained his thoughts on the game thus far. Also linked his observations to whether he found them scummy/towny in most cases. Looked like a good enough reason for me to townread him over the others who've only contributed ~*fluff*~ or nothing at all.
(〜^∇^)〜
[/quote]
I sense a bit of irony from this post, lol. Other than that, the read is meh. Really meh. I'm not a huge fan of it. So my read on lala is really meh as well.
I think I remember a past game so inactive that anyone who actually did something was deemed town. Scum got away with everything they could that game because of reads like this. I'd rather see more analysis, like you did before, rather than *cough*fluff*cough*.

Dex, despite his inactivity for the earlier part of the game, has actually stepped up his game a bit on the last page with his re-cap of the thread. I'm glad to see he's catching up, and that there's thought behind his posts. He's actually inserting himself into the game, even if it is a bit late.
That's about all I have on his slot, his last post was some kind of evolving reads list which was cool, but I hope to see more content from him to get a better grip on my read. It's mostly null, with the possible inclination it could develop into a town read.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

/generating content.

I didn't write reads for all the players on the roster. Only after I wrote most of these, I realised that they were pretty much reads I had conflicts with.
If your name isn't up there, I might get to you another time.
I'm kind of busy at the moment.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by BlankFace »

More importantly; Suzune posted the meta. Soren did not. I was interested to see how Suzune and Soren played in other games, obviously I can look Soren up. Suzune was going to be more difficult. I wanted to see the tone of her posts and how she reacted to pressure in other games and how they interacted with each other, something I haven't had the time to do just yet. I still think that it's weird how they answer for each other and that if they are town, it needs to stop for the sake of creating less confusion and getting clear answers from whatever pressure is applied.

And I appreciate your input on Soren but when he stops acting some scummy, I'll look elsewhere. I'm still waiting for some people to post who I have null reads on, mainly Boo and Pere. For the sake of generating discussion though;

In post 402, PeregrineV wrote:Skimmed the last 10ish pages. Looks like Blankface is getting voted but then unvoted. Want to go check why.

In post 414, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 413, grapes wrote:meh

part of me wants to reread and
pump out some good content, obvtown the fuck out of this thread
and resuscitate the apparent lull we're having here but the other part of me looks at that
atrocious
vote count and the time stamps on the last few pages in particular and wonders if i'd be better off just phoning it in like the rest of town seems to be doing at the moment

i'll think on it

until then i would really like to interact with some people, that might help me get into this game a bit more, preferably if your name is house, bookitty, blankface or maaaaybe farside

You should try it. Many of the other players have already done so.

I don't like either of these posts. Actually, I don't like anything Pere has done this game so far. His RVS is whatever. His vote on me was backed with nothing but a sheep of House, his vote on grapes was backed with nothing but the comment "Looks like Blankface is getting voted but then unvoted. Want to go check why" is particularly interesting because the only person to have voted me outside of RVS besides Pere was Lucian, who unvoted once I started getting a bit more into the game and found time to do some reads. He also promptly unvotes me without any reasoning and jumps on the grapes wagon without any reasoning. Then he prods grapes to post reads and analysis? Not a fan of Pere.

House hasn't been doing much but sitting back and I'm not sure how I feel about that after the swath of town posts he made earlier in the game. But that's kind of par for the course with this game right now.

@Anyone voting Boo; what about her 10 posts is giving you scum vibes? If it's meta, can you explain it for those of us who have not played with her before?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by House »

In post 457, BlankFace wrote:
House hasn't been doing much but sitting back and I'm not sure how I feel about that after the swath of town posts he made earlier in the game. But that's kind of par for the course with this game right now.

I would say apathy is not indicative of alignment, but I don't care.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

I see what you did there.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 12:10 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 457, BlankFace wrote:More importantly; Suzune posted the meta. Soren did not. I was interested to see how Suzune and Soren played in other games, obviously I can look Soren up. Suzune was going to be more difficult. I wanted to see the tone of her posts and how she reacted to pressure in other games and how they interacted with each other, something I haven't had the time to do just yet. I still think that it's weird how they answer for each other and that if they are town, it needs to stop for the sake of creating less confusion and getting clear answers from whatever pressure is applied.

And I appreciate your input on Soren but when he stops acting some scummy, I'll look elsewhere. I'm still waiting for some people to post who I have null reads on, mainly Boo and Pere. For the sake of generating discussion though;

and resuscitate the apparent lull we're having here but the other part of me looks at that
atrocious
vote count and the time stamps on the last few pages in particular and wonders if i'd be better off just phoning it in like the rest of town seems to be doing at the moment

i'll think on it

until then i would really like to interact with some people, that might help me get into this game a bit more, preferably if your name is house, bookitty, blankface or maaaaybe farside

I don't like either of these posts. Actually, I don't like anything Pere has done this game so far. His RVS is whatever. His vote on me was backed with nothing but a sheep of House, his vote on grapes was backed with nothing but the comment "Looks like Blankface is getting voted but then unvoted. Want to go check why" is particularly interesting because the only person to have voted me outside of RVS besides Pere was Lucian, who unvoted once I started getting a bit more into the game and found time to do some reads. He also promptly unvotes me without any reasoning and jumps on the grapes wagon without any reasoning. Then he prods grapes to post reads and analysis? Not a fan of Pere.

@Anyone voting Boo; what about her 10 posts is giving you scum vibes? If it's meta, can you explain it for those of us who have not played with her before?

A game that includes town-boo would not be dragging; she's simply delightful and does everything in her power to keep conversation going.

this game is not like that. It serves more of a resemblance to Delicious Mafia this game. She rolled scum there, too.

There were things I specifically didn't like this game, but I'll take a better look when I'm not on a phone.
2023 W/L | 1-0
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 1:43 am

Post by farside22 »

I had a rough day yesterday.
I'm recovering slowly. Will be back later today
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 2:18 am

Post by Soren »

In post 453, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 312, Soren wrote:Farside's tunnel on Suzune is making me read Suzune is town. Because I tunneled recently on Suzune in another game, and the tone behind her responses are fairly similar. And she was also town that game.

Is this still true?
As in, through farside's interactions with Suzune, do you still read Suzune as town? If so, why?

Yes.

My quote that you quoted answers your question.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 460, Aeronaut wrote:A game that includes town-boo would not be dragging; she's simply delightful and does everything in her power to keep conversation going.

I do try, but sometimes I too have things going on in real life and I can't be as active as I want to be.

Additionally, I dislike how you are putting full responsibility on me for keeping this game going. The last time I checked, I was not the only player in the game. I don't have a lot to say about lalaladucks' avatar (it's cute) or people's personal friendships (I have friends too! I DO! Don't give me that look!). I don't like the grapes wagon too much and I already gave a reads list in an effort to draw out people to say "OMG how dare you?" and that didn't work. I even feinted toward Soren to see if people would jump on that, also with disappointing results.

So, Aero, what are your reads? What do you think of Farside's suspicions of you? What do you think of Peregrine's awkward hop onto the grapes wagon?

I mean, you have a cute avatar, but you can't skate on that forever, especially in this game.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 am

Post by lalaladucks »

I'm camping atm guys, going home tonight though so should be able to contribute some nice non-fluff tomorrow~
:mrgreen:
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 455, LucianRoy wrote:Speaking of Grapes, I think I read him town, but it's hard to read someone that way when they've been calling you scum for half the day.
He recently moved off my slot to go after Soren for what looks to be rolefishing. That's not really a bad vote, in fact it has a credible reason, even if it's only a small instance of it. He should probably elaborate on it, though. That singular reason alone might not be enough to really push Soren as scum, and truthfully, I'm actually having doubts about Soren this game.

His scumread of you was one of the reasons I scumread him.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 am

Post by lalaladucks »

UNVOTE: grapesthedemonfruit
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 9:15 am

Post by grapes »

pere you realize that's the exact same thing i was calling out lucian for right? associations without flips

pretty sure you're better than this
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Soren »

In post 457, BlankFace wrote:More importantly; Suzune posted the meta. Soren did not. I was interested to see how Suzune and Soren played in other games, obviously I can look Soren up. Suzune was going to be more difficult. I wanted to see the tone of her posts and how she reacted to pressure in other games and how they interacted with each other, something I haven't had the time to do just yet. I still think that it's weird how they answer for each other and that if they are town, it needs to stop for the sake of creating less confusion and getting clear answers from whatever pressure is applied.

atrocious

i'll think on it

What's important about Suzune posting the meta but not me?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 446, grapes wrote:
In post 429, LucianRoy wrote:

part of me wants to reread and pump out some good content, obvtown the fuck out of this thread and resuscitate the apparent lull we're having here but the other part of me looks at that
atrocious

i'll think on it

I take it the names at the bottom of the page are town reads?
Or would I be mistaken?

Yea. I find interacting with people that I think are scum to be a bit of a time waster to be honest.

Hi grapes, how are you.

Good

Can you tell me why you are voting for such a weak reason there?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 454, House wrote:
In post 447, grapes wrote: looks like role fishing to me

VOTE: soren

looks like an overreaction to me.

I agree.

Aero is scum too though.

Pere: hi Pere, if you are town, would you please do something more then you are. You know until I say you are a town read I will chase you down a dark hole.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

atrocious

i'll think on it

Hypocrisy! :cool:
And yes Lucian, I know I'm hypocritical too, I'm just a fluffy pot who likes to point out when other kettles are black.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Will finish camping very soon, can do a nice juicy analysis post tomorrow :P
But I'm on my phone now, so I'll make a few comments I guess.
The posts may be a bit disorganised, sorry in advance.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 427, Soren wrote:If scum turns out to be the inactive people I will be pretty upset.

But it's a reasonable strategy, no? The scum I've encountered thus far are usually not very active.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 449, d3x wrote:
In post 437, lalaladucks wrote:Lol
At this point I'm not sure whether you're just wrong or you're scum.
I'm leaning towards scum because I hate when people start up ducksgoat (select me as the scapegoat)
I guess we'll see though
That's a pretty stellar way to respond to a single Vote without a presented case... :roll:

It's just that it happens Every. Freaking. Game.
:facepalm:
Apparently my posting style is inherently scummy, idk why, I'm just trying to figure out the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”