Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4601 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4592, Gamma Emerald wrote:L5 I didn’t realize was Ank, and now that I know that I’m ashamed of Ank for pulling the same whiny approach TSE did. I expect better tbh.
this game was very hard to justify being in at points with my pairing being almost constantly a hair's edge away from being lynched
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4602 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

ngl asking for time to do my thing and immediately being told "what you do doesn't matter because g6 existed" didn't really help either
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4603 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 4599, RadiantCowbells wrote:If this ever happens again, I'm going to 'cheat' to not get alt guesses and to try to make my playstyle unrecognizable.
That's the fun of alt games. BBMolla used to try to imitate CES in alt games so he'd get less shit for his play style. The only problem you can run into sometimes is if you try to change the tone of the way you write, it can come across fake and get you scum read just because something feels off that no-one can pinpoint.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4604 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Thanks for the carry for the win we didn't deserve.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4605 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I’m gonna be reading the dead PT to see how much town hated my guts
But I will say I had caught on the L9’s survivalistic posting, honestly had I been on my main
maaaaybr
that doesn’t slip by as long? I think my biggest error this game was letting doubts get to me, I probably should have gone in on the game after a certain point in second dance but I kinda let my skill of cutting through WIFOM just kinda sit idle, partly because if I mention that it’s possibly a red flag for my identity. So I played below my personal best to avoid indentificatoon when honestly I should not have.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4606 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Plum »

In post 4595, the worst wrote:@Plum, would you be ok if I quoted your notes? I did exaggerate them and omit a couple of things (didn't want to alert G1 to the tells you were looking for, for example) but they were really helpful.
Please do, I'm glad you found them useful!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4607 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4598, Bitmap wrote:I feel bad for RC, I think he really tried to do the secret alt but ended up double posting a lot which gave it away.
That's a good point, although the double posting was not the only thing that gave him away... :roll:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4608 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Good job replacing the best mafia player FakeGod
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4609 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

OK SCUM HUNTERS WHO WAS L9
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4610 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And playing as a secret alt was fun to see how I do without positive or negative BoP but also I just suck at maintaining good activity in a secret alt, or really as an alt or hydra at all
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4611 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

WAS IT YOU POPS
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4612 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Gamma I thought you played well. You were level-headed in a game that desperately needed more level-headed people. I found it hard to get a read on you, which makes sense given that it was you, but I could easily see your posting as coming from town, and you did what you needed to when the deadline got close.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4613 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 4609, OkaPoka wrote:OK SCUM HUNTERS WHO WAS L9
No idea.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4614 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Tammy »

I kept wondering who was known for double posting lol I had no ida.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4615 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by the worst »

L9 was frightening and intense and amazing.

@Sala, plum and Tammy deserved this win by default. Lot of other townies played well too.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4616 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

Lady 2 wrote:
Hi Replacement Lady 2,

Sorry for the short notice and having you replace into this game a day prior to full deadline. It is unfortunate but I have absolutely unavoidable V/LA. I had hoped that the game could be ended today but that doesn't look plausible at this point.

We're Town, obviously. There are two remaining scum out of the rest of the living players minus the IC - I'll use G# for Gentleman and L# for Lady - G2 is the IC and the remaining scum are in: G1, G8, L5, L9

The players are paired as follows:

G1-L2 (us)
G2-L9
G8-L5

If you want to read anything read starting from Second Dance

I'm all but certain L9 is scum and therefore that G2 should leave dance, forcing her out. I am not 1000% sure on her buddy but since I said last night that G2 should leave because I believe strongly that L9 is scum, L5 has been pushing back against that in a way that suggests they're buddies to me.

I have been uncertain about L1 for much of the game and at one point thought I would leave to take him out and get a flip, but L7 left before me and her dance partner G7 flipped scum. Since then I've become more firmly convinced of L9 scum to the point of asking the IC to leave to take her out. I haven't said as much to G1 but I do think that his approach to the game right now, which is focusing on reading me (?!) and trying to glean information from parts of the game he claims make him too mad to read them actually seem very erratic from scum. When I asked people about which two players they thought were likeliest to be the last two scum together L9 left me out completely because I've been widely Townread most of Second Dance, but as soon as I came down on her she did the only thing she could do as scum here and tried to make a case that I'm scum and she's the last T-T pair. L5 looks too willing to believe L9 is Town for my taste based on the pairings she posted prior to my call for L9's head as well.

If L9 were Town I firmly believe scum would have killed the IC pair with her during Intermission and failing that that she'd have been tried as a mislynch at some point. I had the chance to discuss things very briefly with G3, who was forced out of the dance when his partner L6 (also Town) ragequit after being voted once G7 flipped scum. G3 was quite rational and sympathetic about a frustrating game, and at that point when he was confirmed Town but the Mod hadn't posted the flip he told me that he thought L9 must be scum and that one of L5/G8 probably was because both had pushed him for what he saw as spurious reasons and he ended up being in a Town-Town pair. I had some paranoia and questioned him about betting that I was the likeliest T-T pair with G1 and he said it was his best guess. I spent a LOT of time reading and thinking and questioning but on the whole I've come to the same conclusions.

I also believe that some of G7's material First Dance strongly implies that G8 and G1 are not scum together. So there's that.

Instructions: Please insist that G2 leave. G2 has been erratic and uncooperative for confirmed Town but it's what we have and he is Town. Then if that happens please vote out the L5/G8 pair, unless I'm so wrong that L9 is Town and game is over. You will have to work with G1 and he's a bit frustrating but right now I do think he's more likely Town than the other pair and I think he's legitimately trying.

Sorry for leaving the game in this situation, like I said it's unavoidable for RL reasons.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4617 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Bingle »

Eh. Kinda straight up don't care about losing this. GG, town, YW FG. :P
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #4618 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Thanks man
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4619 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

holy shit that last post from g2 was so bm in pt lol
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4620 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by the worst »

I played up the amount of detail in Plum's notes but they were perfect - succinct and every time I checked one of her takes I thoroughly agreed. She had this game pretty much on point, and the {L9, X} read is definitely what inspired the way I entered.

I think she'd basically reached the conclusion that G2 was FPSing (fancy player syndrome) but in conveying instructions to a replacement it makes a lot of sense to just implore that I try to reason with him.

It was a really tidy brief for entering the game as town. I grabbed this replacement because I had this nagging guilt for replacing out of one of FG's games recently and because I saw this was almost over. I'd read nothing but page one and had no reads but that L7 was town. :P

This far exceeded anything I've ever expected to see on grabbing a lot - Plum, you're a seriously impressive town player. (and btw I hope your weekend is going well)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4621 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 4617, Bingle wrote:Eh. Kinda straight up don't care about losing this. GG, town, YW FG. :P
IT WAS YOOUUUU?!?
this was fun bungle. let's fight to the death again <3
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4622 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Ankamius »

bingle was g8
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4623 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 4619, OkaPoka wrote:holy shit that last post from g2 was so
bm
in pt lol
?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4624 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Tammy »

Those notes were great!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”