Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4692, Shoshin wrote:@Nancy

You said earlier that Taly doesn't make sense with Creature. But in he suggested moving away from the Creature lynch despite voting Creature early on D1. That's the most common pattern that scum fall into when distancing early in the game. They look for ways to justify another wagon, wait for town to start the wagon, and then hop on when safe to do so.

At the same time that Taly hints at town Creature, Random calls Creature lynchbait. The sequence of votes that follow are interesting.

Joral agrees with Taly/Random and votes Renais in 700.

Wheme responds by voting Creature in 710.

I vote Creature after Wheme in 721.

These are both town votes preventing a counterwagon on town Renais. There's no other way to read these votes. If I were scum, I could have joined Joral on Renais.

Random tries directing my attention to Renais in 739. The lynch is building on Creature but Random wants my attention on Renais. What's Random's intent? If I had voted Renais, do you think Random would have joined me? If not, what was the point of asking that question in the first place?

Renais could have been a counterwagon to the Creature lynch if I joined it. Wheme used his vote loosely. The scum would have joined the mislynch. Joral was already voting. Renais was playing like lynhbait. But instead, I say that Renais isn't who I want lynched. And I stick on Creature. That's a big town-tell for me.

The counterwagon on Renais isn't going anywhere, so Random suddenly starts pushing Nico in 753. Why the sudden turn onto Nico? Nico's lurking, but that doesn't make Nico scummier than Renais or TPF. But that's where Random ends up turning. What's his intent?

Nico doesn't go anywhere, so Random votes TPF in 791. You follow him in 793. That's understandable, because TPF is scum, but it's also terrible timing. We need votes consolidating on Creature, yet Random is still looking for another lynch. Why?

It doesn't take much to see that Random doesn't want to lynch Creature. He looks for mislynches on Renais & Nico. That doesn't work, so he turns to TPF. His least-preferred lynch is Creature, the scum redirector and 1-shot strongman, so when he can't get a mislynch, he looks for a counterwagon on a worthless scum role.

Random never votes Creature.

The day ends in a no lynch.

This is why I've been suspecting Random the entire game.

I still don't see how this sequence ever comes from town. It's too calculated. Yes, town sometimes push mislynches, but they do so cluelessly. Town don't look for lynches on every viable mislynch (Renais & Nico) before eventually pushing a lynch on less valuable scum (identity cop vs redirector/strongman) when there's an obvious scum in front of their eyes (Creature). They also don't call that obvious scum "lynchbait" while pushing lynches on actual lynchbait (Renais & Nico) - there's a massive inconsistency in the way Random approaches that.

If I'm wrong about this sequence events, please explain. I don't want to make the wrong decision here.
Is it possible you could repost this with links? Anyway, I see what you’re saying about Taly. I think that’s what the worst was hinting at earlier. I think I glossed over that the first time I read it because it was so subtle. Also Taly suggesting that it was town amongst the worst, Sajj, Reality who was responsible for the underground makes no sense, nor does the bs about Creature piling up votes on his wagon to create WIFOM. That was proof positive that Taly was lying about Creature meta because scum!Creature would never do anything like that.

Hmmmm . . . I was going to say that the worst made a huge mistake gladiating Wisdom over random but maybe not. I will be watching Taly very closely in the future, he’s very sly.

Random suspiciously avoiding my request for a scumchat link is NAGL. Yeah, maybe Wisdom is right and I should just vote him? :twisted:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Shoshin »

Your notion that scum always bus Creature is wrong because if scum always do something, then they'll eventually stop doing it to get townread. People adapt their meta. That's the nature of this game.

Random's play is explainable from a scum perspective. There's motive (priority: mislynch townies, and if that doens't work, lynch less valuable scum). There's evidence of an informed perspective: going after mislynches before settling on less valuable scum. And there's inconsistent logic: avoiding lynch on valuable scum because it's "lynchbait" while pursuing lynches on actual lynchbait (Renais & Nico).

Can you explain Random's play from a town perspective? Why would town avoiding lynching Creature if he knows this is how Creature plays as scum? Why would town avoid lynching "lynchbait" yet push other lynchbait players (Renais & Nico)? What are the chances a clueless townie somehow manages to look for mislynches before settling on less valuable scum? Like, if there's 4 players who are lynchbait, 2 scum, 2 town, the clueless townie doesn't go for mislynches first before eventually settling on the less valuable scum. There's inside knowledge underlying that sequence.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4692, Shoshin wrote:@Nancy

You said earlier that Taly doesn't make sense with Creature. But in he suggested moving away from the Creature lynch despite voting Creature early on D1. That's the most common pattern that scum fall into when distancing early in the game. They look for ways to justify another wagon, wait for town to start the wagon, and then hop on when safe to do so.

At the same time that Taly hints at town Creature, Random calls Creature lynchbait. The sequence of votes that follow are interesting.

Joral agrees with Taly/Random and votes Renais in .

Wheme responds by voting Creature in .

I vote Creature after Wheme in .

These are both town votes preventing a counterwagon on town Renais. There's no other way to read these votes. If I were scum, I could have joined Joral on Renais.

Random tries directing my attention to Renais in . The lynch is building on Creature but Random wants my attention on Renais. What's Random's intent? If I had voted Renais, do you think Random would have joined me? If not, what was the point of asking that question in the first place?

Renais could have been a counterwagon to the Creature lynch if I joined it. Wheme used his vote loosely. The scum would have joined the mislynch. Joral was already voting. Renais was playing like lynhbait. But instead, I say that Renais isn't who I want lynched. And I stick on Creature. That's a big town-tell for me.

The counterwagon on Renais isn't going anywhere, so Random suddenly starts pushing Nico in . Why the sudden turn onto Nico? Nico's lurking, but that doesn't make Nico scummier than Renais or TPF. But that's where Random ends up turning. What's his intent?

Nico doesn't go anywhere, so Random votes TPF in . You follow him in 793. That's understandable, because TPF is scum, but it's also terrible timing. We need votes consolidating on Creature, yet Random is still looking for another lynch. Why?

It doesn't take much to see that Random doesn't want to lynch Creature. He looks for mislynches on Renais & Nico. That doesn't work, so he turns to TPF. His least-preferred lynch is Creature, the scum redirector and 1-shot strongman, so when he can't get a mislynch, he looks for a counterwagon on a worthless scum role.

Random never votes Creature.

The day ends in a no lynch.

This is why I've been suspecting Random the entire game.

I still don't see how this sequence ever comes from town. It's too calculated. Yes, town sometimes push mislynches, but they do so cluelessly. Town don't look for lynches on every viable mislynch (Renais & Nico) before eventually pushing a lynch on less valuable scum (identity cop vs redirector/strongman) when there's an obvious scum in front of their eyes (Creature). They also don't call that obvious scum "lynchbait" while pushing lynches on actual lynchbait (Renais & Nico) - there's a massive inconsistency in the way Random approaches that.

If I'm wrong about this sequence events, please explain. I don't want to make the wrong decision here.
I gave you the links. I suggest just reading the game from post to the nd of D1. It's not that many posts and it shows you everything you need to see about why I've been saying Random is scum all game.

It's also a bad look for Taly. He votes Creature early, suggests that maybe he's town later, but does nothing at all about it. He doesn't push Creature, nor does he defend him. He just sits there doing nothing. It's like he's hoping Creature won't be lynched but just in case he has his vote on Creature and it's not coming off until there's a viable counterwagon.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 681, Vartsun wrote:Upon looking at the wagons, I'm thinking this ability is probably done by town within {the worst, Reality Check, Sajj}

If Creature were scum, then it'd make more sense to remove players ON his wagon, and to cause WIFOM.

A lot of the worst's, reality's, and Sajj's interactions in this game were amongst each other - as they were very active.

So now I'm little worried about the Creature wagon, nobody's outright defended it besides maybe Nancy before her vote, but I don't think people are engaging with that.

Wheme was the ONLY sensible vote on that wagon, but he's going for Joral... who I should ISO to strengthen my read there - because I think he's town, but I don't where his heads at in the game if he's not voting independently. Dislike the tgkfap vote much like the rest of their posts.
This is the key post, Nancy.

I don't want you to get upset at me, but I think you're misreading what Taly said here.

Taly says that the underground removal ability comes from town.

Then Taly contradicts himself by saying, "If Creature is scum, he would have removed players on his wagon," implying that the removal ability comes from scum, and saying that Creature's not scum because Creature didn't remove anyone from his wagon.

Then Taly concludes that Creature's probably town (doesn't want to say this outright, because of course he's waiting to see how town reacts). His reasoning: the wagon sucks. If it sucks, why is he on it?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4700, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Random suspiciously avoiding my request for a scumchat link is NAGL.
random hasnt even posted since you asked
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4701, Shoshin wrote:Your notion that scum always bus Creature is wrong because if scum always do something, then they'll eventually stop doing it to get townread. People adapt their meta. That's the nature of this game.

Random's play is explainable from a scum perspective. There's motive (priority: mislynch townies, and if that doens't work, lynch less valuable scum). There's evidence of an informed perspective: going after mislynches before settling on less valuable scum. And there's inconsistent logic: avoiding lynch on valuable scum because it's "lynchbait" while pursuing lynches on actual lynchbait (Renais & Nico).

Can you explain Random's play from a town perspective? Why would town avoiding lynching Creature if he knows this is how Creature plays as scum? Why would town avoid lynching "lynchbait" yet push other lynchbait players (Renais & Nico)? What are the chances a clueless townie somehow manages to look for mislynches before settling on less valuable scum? Like, if there's 4 players who are lynchbait, 2 scum, 2 town, the clueless townie doesn't go for mislynches first before eventually settling on the less valuable scum. There's inside knowledge underlying that sequence.
They wouldn’t obviously but remember town!Reality wanted to lynch you over Creature. It still makes no sense to me why but that’s a fact. Random pushed TPF/Chick on D1 but yeah, should have definitely been on Creature wagon D2. I know that random should have never been so quick to vote the worst besides townreading him. He should be taking his time to sort both Wisdom and him. I remember really disliking Taly’s agressiveness in pushing his reads. It felt a bit manipulative, like he was pretty much implying that townreading Nico/Rennais was somehow a scumclaim.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Wisdom »

im guessing you havent played with taly before then
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Wisdom »

what is there to sort, nancy? Random has played with me enough, he can tell i am town
I am fucking bleeding town every second
I am well beyond what i can fake as scum
Yet somehow this is still a hard decision for you
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

There's two possibilities: either Wisdom/Random are scum, or the worst is solo scum. In that situation, I think the right call 99% of the time is for me to vote Wisdom.

The reason I'm considering the possibility of the worst today is because if Wisdom's town, town has no chance of winning this tomorrow. I have little hope of dying tonight (yes, it's 50% in theory, but scum are just going to kill whoever isn't Nancy), and then they're going to mislynch me. This game went awry in ways I didn't expect, and that means I feel the burden of winning this game today or losing it entirely.

I think if we hadn't mislynched Sajj, the town wins this game 9 times out of 10. It was the key point in this game where I invested everything I had because it was so important to guaranteeing the win. After the mislynch, I think it's 50/50 and it mostly comes down to my decision today (as well as Nancy's).
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4706, Wisdom wrote:im guessing you havent played with taly before then
He was one half of Reasonably Rational hydra along with Cerb in Varsoon game and he was obvtown in that game. That’s the only game I’ve played with him so far.

However, I have played numerous times with Creature as either alignment and for someone claiming to be so confident of his meta, Taly suggesting Creature pile votes on his wagon as WIFOM is bs.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Wisdom »

You said you disliked his aggressiveness
Taly is aggressive
Its a playstyle
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Shoshin »

If Random is solo scum, the game is for sure lost no matter what I do today. LOL.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Wisdom »

shoshin: wisdom is who I should be voting but im not because im afraid ill get lynched tomorrow

Yeah nancy, this is so town
You should listen to shoshin more
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Shoshin »

That's not scummy. I'm being realistic.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Wisdom »

no you arent
Town-you votes me because thats whats optimal
Tomorrow is tomorrow
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4710, Wisdom wrote:You said you disliked his aggressiveness
Taly is aggressive
Its a playstyle
Definitely possible. I know I intensely dislike it when others push their reads on me but you’re right, that isn’t AI.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm gonna read some Wisdom scum games.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4716, Shoshin wrote:I'm gonna read some Wisdom scum games.
Please link them here.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4714, Wisdom wrote:no you arent
Town-you votes me because thats whats optimal
Tomorrow is tomorrow
This loses sight of the forest for the trees.

The whole piont of this discussion is to figure out what's optimal.

It's weird that you want me to vote you, though. That's not towny at all.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Wisdom »

nice twisting of what im saying
I don't want you to vote me
Im showing how you not voting me is not town
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Wisdom »

Nancy if you need my scumgames theyre all in my wiki
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Shoshin »

Looking at this first:

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=76296
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4717, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4716, Shoshin wrote:I'm gonna read some Wisdom scum games.
Please link them here.
Btw, Random was scum in Varsoon game but I was very lost for much of that game and wasn’t following the thread.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Shoshin »

In the scum PM, Wisdom says to kill Math because town can easily change their reads at any moment. So the whole, "I'd never kill Reality because she townread me" bit is straight-up bullshit.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Shoshin »

Wisdom interacts with scum partner in the thread quite a bit, so that's consistent with his interactions here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”