inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Official Day 2 Vote Tally

11 players remain; 6 votes needed for a lynch.

Yet to vote (11): andrew94, DavidParker, Egg, Looker, brokenscraps, smashbro_of_the_SSS, Bella, AntB, Archer, lord_hur, farside22
==============================================

Deadline
: February 25, 11:59 PM GMT-6
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote: AntB

This vote is based on the lack of comment from AntB in regards to Batt. He never stated any suspicion, he tried to push more on lynching Bella or Nacho and avoided talking about Batt and his play at all.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: I will be on Limited Access this weekend. I may be able to post Saturday morning, but I don't count on it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Bella »

VOTE: AntB

He's one of the people Nacho was confident was scum, he didn't interact with Batt at all beyond one very minor comment, he didn't interect with JesseSheffield aside from voting for him at the beginning of the game and he tried to push counterwagons against the scum lynch.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:20 am

Post by AntB »

In all honestly I was too focused on my targets to consider anyone else... no doubt it will now be my undoing.

I still want to know the reason you voted me D1 farside...

@Bella
People can be wrong, its seems I was barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest... unfortunate but I'm not going to deny it.

Will be re-reading D1 at some point over the weekend.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:46 am

Post by lord_hur »

I am not buying this. It's too obvious. Scum have received a big blow, and, imho, would go for a safe path. Were I scum, and if AntB is town (I still think there's more chance he is than average), I would NK Nachomamma8 to tackle AntB, his main opponent of D1.

This is a first thought. Time for a reread.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 am

Post by DavidParker »

My first thought of day 2 is just that nacho was night-killed for being obvious town after the whole nacho vs ant saga, and then batts turning out to be scum. I think town are more likely to night kill based on who they think is seemingly obv-town, than who they can manipulate to make other people look bad (things just get too complicated/WIFOMy there, and really it just makes more sense to kill pro-town players).
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 am

Post by DavidParker »

Also, I'm glad day phase started on weekend, i have a few days to be active, around last deadline I was getting smacked with hours at work :/
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

AntB wrote:In all honestly I was too focused on my targets to consider anyone else... no doubt it will now be my undoing.

I still want to know the reason you voted me D1 farside...
Because Nacho was making sense, I felt Batt was town with the statement he made about wanting a lynch and pushing people to vote no matter who and after reading Nacho's comment you seemed the scummiest with my scum team possibility.

So you completely ignored most everyone's comments on Batt and didn't comment on what people said or state an opinion because Bella was just that scummy to you?
That doesn't sound like the game you were playing. You voted and focused on Broken, then when pressure was applied you voted for andrew, then nacho.
So you say were more pushing a lynch for Bella and ignoring everyone else? Is that really a something people do that play this game?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

lord_hur wrote:I am not buying this. It's too obvious. Scum have received a big blow, and, imho, would go for a safe path. Were I scum, and if AntB is town (I still think there's more chance he is than average), I would NK Nachomamma8 to tackle AntB, his main opponent of D1.

This is a first thought. Time for a reread.
Meh I have killed players as mafia in the hopes that it has people think like this. I consider night kills a null tell used by mafia to manipulate anyway or as DP pointed out killing the most town player in the game.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by lord_hur »

DavidParker wrote:My first thought of day 2 is just that nacho was night-killed for being obvious town after the whole nacho vs ant saga, and then batts turning out to be scum. I think town are more likely to night kill based on who they think is seemingly obv-town, than who they can manipulate to make other people look bad (things just get too complicated/WIFOMy there, and really it just makes more sense to kill pro-town players).
I don't know, anyone on the wagon (and town) would have made a good target. That said, I think Nachomamma8 is the best player of the wagon (I don't count farside22 as on the wagon, as I've said earlier), so that may have been their motivation, if they have the same opinion.

But look at this :
Nachomamma8 wrote:Okay, so...

Batt/AntB/Smash

Is our scumteam. Sound about right?
Would you, as AntB-scum, in the situation scum are now, risk confirming someone who pointed you as most obvious scum in his last twilight post ?

By the way, DavidParker, what do you think of AntB now?

(Still rereading)
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Archer »

lord_hur wrote:Would you, as AntB-scum, in the situation scum are now, risk confirming someone who pointed you as most obvious scum in his last twilight post ?
My thinking in those kind of situations is that if you leave the player alive they are almost guaranteed to continue the case againt you (ie nacho would keep pushing against AntB). Whereas if you kill Nacho, it goes from 90% chance of AntB lynch down to 50-60%. Plus you get rid of a strong/confirmed (most people had him down as a townie iirc) town player. And if AntB is town it keeps the chances of his lynch high enough that mafia can jump on the wagon with relative ease. Win/win/win if you are mafia imo. Doesnt make AntB scum though, a reread is in order
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by andrew94 »

farside, i didnt feel batt was town with his actions/backtracking yesterday
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Archer wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Would you, as AntB-scum, in the situation scum are now, risk confirming someone who pointed you as most obvious scum in his last twilight post ?
My thinking in those kind of situations is that if you leave the player alive they are almost guaranteed to continue the case againt you (ie nacho would keep pushing against AntB). Whereas if you kill Nacho, it goes from 90% chance of AntB lynch down to 50-60%. Plus you get rid of a strong/confirmed (most people had him down as a townie iirc) town player. And if AntB is town it keeps the chances of his lynch high enough that mafia can jump on the wagon with relative ease. Win/win/win if you are mafia imo. Doesnt make AntB scum though, a reread is in order
It's not true for all players (not for me, for example), but this is a very good point in this case. Nachomamma8 is indeed prone to tunnel-vision, and AntB-scum could have outed him because of this.

(reread done up to page 12)
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:30 am

Post by brokenscraps »

The NK seems pretty null, there are motivations both for killing Nacho both from AntB's POV and from someone looking to get AntB's framed.

I'll re-read soon but I'd agree the Batt interaction with AntB doesn't look great right now. His justification from today doesn't seem great either, but that could just be a wording issue.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 am

Post by lord_hur »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Smash I just saw you down there where's your Batt vote?
Explain this.

Vote : smashbro_of_the_SSS
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:58 am

Post by farside22 »

andrew94 wrote:farside, i didnt feel batt was town with his actions/backtracking yesterday
I find you saying this interesting as you didn't switch your vote to him until the counter claim from Egg, however you did state suspicion on him.
I see you have a habit so far in this game of not voting very much. Is there a reason you didn't place a vote on Batt till the fake claim?
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

lord_hur wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Smash I just saw you down there where's your Batt vote?
Explain this.

Vote : smashbro_of_the_SSS
I'm surprised that this didn't come up earlier. I had just forgotten that it was the day of the deadline and didn't have much time online, so I didn't look at the thread at all. The only thing I can say in my defense is that if i were scum, I would be paying more attention to the thread, and would have kept checking and jumped to vote Batt right after the counterclaim. BUt pretty much I screwed up.

As for my opinion, I have a midterm coming up next week, so I don't have much time on this weekend. After Tuesday I can put more time in, but I need to do a reread before I vote anyone.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:31 am

Post by lord_hur »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:I'm surprised that this didn't come up earlier.
1. Why not bring it up on your own, then? You know town are supposed to be honest (well, unless gambitting), don't you?
2. Why did you log on to play another game, but not this one?
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:47 am

Post by brokenscraps »

The "surprised that this didn't come up earlier" also doesn't seem to gel with the "I had just forgotten that it was the day of the deadline".
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:14 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

1) I was going to, but I hadn't made a post yet today. I wanted to get in time for a reread first, so I would actually have something to say, rather than a post which would be me saying "O HAI GUYZ IM NOT SCUMMY BUT IDK WHATS GOIN ON".
2) I just forgot that it was deadline that day, and so didn't look at it.

@ broken : on Moday I forgot it was deadline, so I didn't read the thread until it was Night 1. When I did, I saw the claim, and realized that it will have looked incredibly scummy, so I knew I would be questioned eventually. I was just surprised it wasn't the first question on everyone's mind.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:44 am

Post by lord_hur »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:2) I just forgot that it was deadline that day, and so didn't look at it.
I call bullshit on this! You did not correct me when I said you were playing another game, and I know you were not, since you did not post anything at all at the time Nachomamma8 caught you!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 am

Post by andrew94 »

i believe i was voting antb farside?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Looker »

• One scum down!
  • Won't be posting much due to the Super Bowl and general 12-hr shifts but I
    am
    still actively reading and will have something of substance within the next 48 hours. I will say now, however, that I can understand lord_hur's line of thought.
  • See ya soon!
Archer
Archer
Townie
Archer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Archer »

One, not checking/posting in a thread when you have posted elsewhere and then claiming a forgotten deadline doesnt fit right. (This is pre nacho asking him where he is)
Two, if nacho indeed saw you online at the time he asked where your vote was, and you then not correcting lord_hur implies you were in lurkerville
Three, perhaps you got beaten to the punch and did want to come clean wrt Nacho asking where your vote is. So that last part doesn't set off any warning bells my side yet.

Return to “Completed Open Games”