Newbie 1721 | Lightning | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.18 (unchanged)

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

:!:
Performer
(L-1): Drixx, Gyrlander, Transcend, xSoniaNevermindx
Gyrlander
(L-3): Nahdia, Performer
Transcend
(L-4): Zyf

Not Voting
(2): Cheetory6, Map Wolf

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
H
a
v
e
f
u
n
!

C
h
e
e
t
o
r
y
i
s
V
/
L
A
u
n
t
i
l
S
u
n
d
a
y

D
r
i
x
x
i
s
V
/
L
A
u
n
t
i
l
T
u
e
s
d
a
y

N
a
h
d
i
a
i
s
t
h
e
n
e
w
S
m
i
l
e
s
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-07-05 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Nahdia »

Anyway, page top unless I'm ninja'd suddenly.

Excited to be playing with ya again, Drixx. Here's hoping we're on the same side and we can tear up another newbie game like we did my first.

Cheetory, what a pleasant surprise to see you actually playing mafia. And what's more, I think you flipped town from what I've skimmed so far. Well done. See? This post isn't entirely filler, I totally have content too. I'm the full goddamn package yo.

Speaking of townreads, whatup Zyf my man. I'm diggin the grid. Good man.

Heya Transcend. Psyched to have finally snuck my way into a game with you. Sadly I'm town and my town game is garbage so don't have any high expectations.

Sonia my pal. Glad ya made it, princess. I hope you like it here.

I kinda wanna say Sonia and Transcend are scum theatering rn, honestly. They always are kinda at each other's throats early in games back home, but something feels a bit off. That's goofy, lame, oldish meta tho and all I got besides that is a gut feeling. I'll give it another read and see if I can put my finger on what it is that stinks in Denmark. Or, the Road to Rome in this case I spose.

P-edit shoulda seen the plot snipe coming. Anyway that reminds me,
UNVOTE:
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Nahdia »

Oh man I didn't realize preformer is at L -1. I didn't really notice him much in my catchup. I'll get right on looking into him. Honestly my experience with the dude is that his playstyle clashes with mine in a way that makes me scumread him when he's town but we'll see what I come up with.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

Also unrelated to anything but lmao my slot was someone pretending to be a newbie. P sure that's against the rules :p

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Nahdia »

Taking notes while on a road trip is hard also my hand writing is legit awful. Enjoy.

God I hate phone posting. I think performer is town just based on my own read I'm gonna see if I can find the cases on him.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Map Wolf »

Performer ISO
Liked & . Doesn't look like a scum entrance to me casual guy not too prepared.
would be a scumtell from anyone else, but from Performer I think it's town.
I like the caution in .
Agree with his read in .
End of pings me feels like he's being disingenuous refraining his prior play.
Defensiveness in feels genuine
Bluntness in is solid towny to me tbh.
Agree entirely with start.
Back to though I disagree that that's scum tell from Drixx
Hopfelly this is accurate enough.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Nahdia »

So far so bad. Just read Drixx's entire ISO. Very little content in terms of reads, which i can excuse as I know the dude has been busy, but it's disappointing to see. His only issue with Preformer was apparently Performer setting up a wagon while Drixx was V/LA which.... Meh. Personally I think pressuring low content slots is NAI (non-alignmemt indicative), even if it's arguably anti-town in some instances.

P-edit haha thanks Map Wolf you're a pal. I shoulda done that from the start I'm just lazy when I'm forced to phone post.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Performer »

Hey guys, I'm not sure I'll be able to do catchup today as I'm preoccupied
[
s
n
i
p
]
. There's time left in this phase and I should be able to catchup after my preoccupation .

P
l
e
a
s
e
d
o
n
'
t
t
a
l
k
a
b
o
u
t
o
n
g
o
i
n
g
g
a
m
e
s
n
o
t
e
v
e
n
t
h
i
s
m
u
c
h
-
-
P
Last edited by Plotinus on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 276, Gyrlander wrote:
In post 274, Gyrlander wrote:"I feel like the second option is what I'll go for right now, to see what comes up from him. I feel uneasy wagoning him this early with so little to go off of ."

I actually hate this. You have the power of the vote, you should use it. If you don't think he's scum, you just unvote. This tells me he was scared of voting players because voting town as scum is quite *ew*

Vote Fyx
I mean,
Vote Performer
ok, I don't love the reasoning for the vote myself but it's honestly as good as any for a D1 vote.
In post 398, Gyrlander wrote:
In post 397, Transcend wrote:then die. i just need protective role on me so others can do my bidding.

VOTE: gyrlander
Well, If I've to vote a second scum-read to save my townie life I'll do it.

VOTE: Performer
self-preservation here is fine. I have no problems at all with Gyr in terms of his vote of Preformer. However in going through his ISO I noticed something else.
In post 333, Gyrlander wrote:
In post 309, Smiles wrote:VOTE: gyrlander

I like cheetory's case on them.
If I get lynched don't forget this shitty vote
this post alone pings me just a bit. It's not the act of calling out Smiles' vote. He's honestly right, the vote smiles made was awkwardly placed. The way Gyr does it is scummy though. It's one of those posts that exist in order to imply the player is town without implicitly saying "I'm town." They're saying "once I'm lynched, you'll see I've flipped town, and then you should focus on this guy." But what we're supposed to think is "oh he's saying once they flips we'll see they're town, let's just not flip them in the first place."

Had Gyr explained why Smiles was scummy here, I would have been a big fan of this post. Instead they took the opportunity to make a play for town points.

But you know what, that's fine. I'm not in Gyr's head and sometimes I can't be bothered to explain myself either. What's really pinging me though is what happens next.
In post 391, Gyrlander wrote:Cheet is pretty much null, Performer I guess null-scum and Smiles scum. Gut read.

Vote Smiles
In post 413, Gyrlander wrote:
In post 409, Zyf wrote:
In post 391, Gyrlander wrote:Cheet is pretty much null, Performer I guess null-scum and Smiles scum. Gut read.

Vote Smiles
Why is smiles scum again?
UNVOTE:
So that transcend can't bs hammer you/control you

That's really rude trans
Gut read which I'm extremely confident on,
in these posts Gyr is asked to explain his scumread on Smilies and just calls it gut. Which is well and good except for the fact that there was a scummy post by Smiles earlier which Gyr called out and even followed up with a vote a few posts later! Calling this gut is super disingenuous, to me it just looks like dodging the need to use logic which could possibly be refuted. This is hugely scummy.

VOTE: Gyrlander

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 25, Transcend wrote:
In post 23, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:
In post 20, Zyf wrote:
In post 19, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:VOTE: Vote Transcend

Hello Hello everyone it's nice to meet you all and I am so ready for my first game on mafia scum now this isn't my first game on a forum mind you but it's gonna take me a bit to understand all of the lingo so whoops on that but I hope we can all have a great game
(Vote Transcend with me)
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... reviations
Ta-da.

Why Thank you very much this will come in hand and to Trans please it's not omgus I have a scumread on you that I can write 50 pages on if I wanted I can't wait to see how people scumhunt on here compared to others this has me giddy
i had a scumread on you before you entered this game.

nahdia was scum her first newbie game here.

impoetic was scum her first newbie game here.

i was town my first newbie game here, but i'm a male figure. the aforementioned figures are female just like yourself.

ur fukt bro.

gg.
I love that I was mentioned before I even joined this game.

Also, Sonrio was town his first game. The pattern fits!!

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 346, Transcend wrote:8. Performer (All his votes have been pretty yucky. I don't think his scumhunting is genuine. The questions he's asked and the content he's made doesn't seem like genuine town trying to figure out the game.)
I really like this sort of reasoning and it looks like a case I would make, but quite frankly I don't see what you're talking about. I've taken another look at Performer's ISO and he really doesn't seem to be doing that "fake content generator" scum routine that you seem to be trying to point out. Preformer makes just as many statements as he does ask questions and when he is questioning people it's often for clarification, not deflecting the burden of content creation.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Nahdia »

Transcend can you maybe give some examples of what led you to that read? Honestly we pretty much disagree across the board but let's just start with this.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 188, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:Drix=Null This guys a vet and I've seen him post like twice so I don't think anyone can read that
Performer= Scummy Has barely any posts but the posts he does make have 0 meaning or help to this game
tiny bit inconsistent in how you're reading these two but I'll let it slide. Might just be you explaining yourself poorly. Anyway I don't hate this read. Preformer has had some content and hunting but you're not wrong he's been a bit light. That said, I think you'll find a lot of players on this site take a bit more of a backseat role on the first day.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Nahdia.
:)

Also, I'm back!
Wahoo.
Probably skimming but not trying hard today. Fucking exhausted.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Nahdia »

Ok that'll do for catchup for now. Reads atm lazy Ranger style

{Zyf, Cheetory}
{Performer}
{Map Wolf, xSoniaNevermindx}
{Drixx, Transcend}
-Gap-
{Gyrlander}

Would really like some feedback on the Gyr vote as that's my strongly preferred lynch atm.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Nahdia »

Actually, minor changes

{Zyf}
{Performer, xSoniaNevermindx, Cheetory}
{Map Wolf}
{Drixx, Transcend}
-Gap-
{Gyrlander}

-Zaphkael, 2020
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 489, Nahdia wrote:Ok that'll do for catchup for now. Reads atm lazy Ranger style

{Zyf, Cheetory}
{Performer}
{Drixx, Transcend}
-Gap-
{Gyrlander}

Would really like some feedback on the Gyr vote as that's my strongly preferred lynch atm.
I don't think Gyr has posted enough of his thoughts for a lynch on him to be worth it. I mean if he is scum that's good, but if he is town then we don't get as much information as some other players.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Transcend »

hi nahdia

map can you rope performer already lol
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 491, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 489, Nahdia wrote:Ok that'll do for catchup for now. Reads atm lazy Ranger style

{Zyf, Cheetory}
{Performer}
{Drixx, Transcend}
-Gap-
{Gyrlander}

I don't think Gyr has posted enough of his thoughts for a lynch on him to be worth it. I mean if he is scum that's good, but if he is town then we don't get as much information as some other players.
I like the thought, but the inverse can also be argued. If we lynch people who are more active for information, we'll be left with a table that's very inactive which is good for scum. Also, if we leave someone who is producing a lot of content alive another day, there'll be that much more to work with on them once they do flip.

In general, information lynches are extremely frowned upon by most players.

All that said, I disagree with defending Gyr on the basis of lacking information. He's posted plenty.

And you, Map, have just dodged giving thoughts on a case by making a weak mechanical argument. In my first forum mafia game ever, I hard defended my partner with a very similar line of reasoning. I would really like it if you actually talked about Gyr, now especially since you've dodged the question once.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 492, Transcend wrote:hi nahdia

map can you rope performer already lol
hi. Read up. I asked you a question.

Also please don't end the day soon. I have a lot of things I want discussed before the day ends and we have plenty of time. I'm going to treat a pre-mature hammer add a scumclaim right now.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Yeah, if Transcend tells more people to end the day early just ignore him please @everyone.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Nahdia »

In fact, if someone on the Preformer wagon would unvote so that's not hanging over our heads, I'd really appreciate it.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Nahdia »

I'm lookin at you, Princess. Help a friend out, yeah? <3

-Zaphkael, 2020
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 474, Nahdia wrote:Idk why my phone corrected everypony to everypomy but I can dig it.
ohshitwaddup
let's fucking go

Sitechat pals are on an adventure
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

As* a scumclaim bah phone posting.

I'll try to stop spamming the thread now.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”