Micro 623: Dem Tryouts 2 [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:50 am

Post by shos »

ooh can't resist a pagetop
even if I literally just did a VC
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:29 am

Post by SloppyJoe »

In post 465, Something_Smart wrote:Scum are so used to faking cases to push mislynches, that it could be that the Korts/DoctorPepper team was pushing you while not believing that you were scum.
Even if it is the case that Korts/DP thought I was town, it doesn't make sense to shoot someone on my wagon. Of course, you're right, last night could have just been a wacky blunder on Team A's part. But I still think my explanation makes the most sense.

Hmmm... I wonder why your plan has to have a lynch, SS. If we're relying on crossfires, a mis-lynch should have roughly the same effect (one scum dies, possibility of 3-1 vs 2-1). I'm not so sure of a NL in this setup, but if we are going to go that route, today would be the best.
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:31 am

Post by SloppyJoe »

*no-lynch, not mis-lynch SORRY.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I don't think scum would vote for themselves in this case because there's only one of each scumteam left--it's not like a game where getting yourself lynched when you already know you're a goner prevents discussion that could lead to finding other scum.

VOTE: Sloppy Joe
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by SloppyJoe »

Okay let's repeat yesterday. :P
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by SloppyJoe »

"Scum wouldn't vote for themselves in a hopeless situation." Please someone explain to me how this is not fluff because I am not getting it.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by The_Jester »

That could've been a dangerous gamble with a huge payoff. I'll still wait for Kort's final thoughts of the day before I decide who to vote.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I guess now is a good time to explain this.

So, Korts is definitely scum and Jester is definitely town. Worst case scenario, we lynch SloppyJoe and he flips town, and one of us is somehow killed overnight, leaving us in a 1v1v1 with both scum known.

If that townie is you, Jester, here's what you need to say:
"I know you both could get a draw by voting me. However, I promise that whoever votes me first, I will immediately vote, allowing the other scum to win. Therefore, it's in both of your best interests not to vote me, and instead to vote no lynch. Then you'll be in a Prisoner's Dilemma where your best chance to win is to shoot the other and hope the other shoots me."
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by SloppyJoe »

I would self hammer if I was more confident in my town read of SS or my scum read of Korts, or if I thought SS's plan was less risky than I think it is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:14 pm

We'll put it this way: if it fails, blame the mod. (Unless Jester is scum, of course.) If this plan doesn't work, then we can conclude that the setup is not viable.
Even if you could see me pulling an elaborate tactic with Rach as my partner, think of how much easier it could have been for me to hammer pistachi0n, or you, when I had the chance.
There's really not much more I can do here. If you aren't confident enough in my plan succeeding, then make a case convincing enough to score another vote on pistachi0n.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 480, SloppyJoe wrote:"Scum wouldn't vote for themselves in a hopeless situation." Please someone explain to me how this is not fluff because I am not getting it.
Please explain to me why my comment was fluff. I voted you and explained reason. Why won't you interact with me? Is your strategy just "call me stupid and quote everything I say dismissively?"
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 am

Post by SloppyJoe »

In post 484, Something_Smart wrote:Even if you could see me pulling an elaborate tactic with Rach as my partner, think of how much easier it could have been for me to hammer pistachi0n, or you, when I had the chance.
This is a weird way of giving yourself towncred, considering that I followed the same hesitant-to-lynch playstyle while pistachi0n did the opposite.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:08 am

I mean, if you're town, then you're admitting that you and I did a similar thing while pistachi0n did something different, which should make you feel better about my alignment, if that's your concern.

If your concern is that Korts might be town, look at how he and DoctorPepper defended each other.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:35 am

Post by shos »

Korts has been officially prodded.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Korts »

Yes, sorry, the last day and a half has not been kind to me. I will post whatever I have tomorrow.
scumchat never die
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:33 am

Post by SloppyJoe »

In post 487, Something_Smart wrote:I mean, if you're town, then you're admitting that you and I did a similar thing while pistachi0n did something different, which should make you feel better about my alignment, if that's your concern.

I'm not saying I find not hammering townie- I'm saying that your reads make less sense if you think not hammering is towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:45 am

In a vacuum you're probably townier that pistachi0n, yes, but it's the associations with Rach that make me think you're her partner.

However, I'm reasonably confident that we'll win even if you are town.
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:58 am

Post by SloppyJoe »

I was kinda leaving the fluffier players for day 2 and was kinda focused on starting BS with Korts and DP. I don't know how much Rach likes bussing/sheeping her partners. But it doesn't seem too weird to bus your partner for town cred in this set-up if she thought everything through.

I know where you're coming from, to an extent. When I saw Rach turn scum, I wondered if I was about to get shot by both teams for my extreme reluctance to hammer. But I wasn't being inconsistant- I suggested a no-lynch before the wagon on Rach even got going and really wanted to keep my vote on DP out of spite to prove his prophesy false.
In post 295, DoctorPepper wrote:Ohhh I have a prophecy. Someone will call out Sloppy again and then he'll flip to that person like he did on everyone on his wagon.
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 am

Post by SloppyJoe »

I also have a tendency (trying to get rid of) of being
really
OMGUS. I was also not too focused on the Jester or you, too, day 1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:57 am

Either selfhammer, or convince somebody else to vote pistachi0n. We're getting nowhere fast.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:22 am

Post by The_Jester »

This setup is seriously unfun. No space for mistakes or policy lynches (looking at you, pistachi0n).
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:40 am

Post by shos »

In post 495, The_Jester wrote:This setup is seriously unfun.
The_Jester has been modkilled.

Spoiler: He was...
JUST KIDDING!!
Of course he was just kidding, this setup and mod are awesome.

Day continues.

SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe
Goon
SloppyJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by SloppyJoe »

Would prefer Korts and Jester to post more of their thoughts before a lynch.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Korts »

Ok, well. I made a column for SS as well, but I won't be sharing it, because I'm not doing any columns for the remaining players. It's taking me more time than I have, and it's less informative than I would like.

So just my reads, then.

Jester: Obvtown.

Something_Smart: apart from the narrow-minded approach of his tell ("town townhunt, scum scumhunt"), his Day 1 setup awareness is pretty pro-town. I don't really think his methods are effective, though. In 343, SS says "Korts/DoctorPepper is 100% one scumteam" following my rejection of his fluffy DP case - making it sound like the case was designed to be some kind of reaction test rather than to be convincing. After this point, he has stuck to his guns to the point of tunneling.

SloppyJoe: I think he is Rach's partner. There has been minimal interaction between them - Rach verbally endorsed the Joe wagon at the end of Day 1, and promised to look into him next day, but other than that, she called him a newbie once and that's it. Joe listed Rach in the middle of the pack in his reads, and only called her out for inactivity. He also questioned pistachi0n's Rach vote.

pistachi0n: I think she is DP's partner. DP tries to discredit Joe's pistachi0n vote with some muddy logic in 170, pretty much only mentions her inactivity (although I guess there isn't much else to mention about pistachi0n), and then these quotes are kinda weird too, I guess:
DP in 314 wrote:Tbh I can see either pistachion or Rach as scum, but I want Joe.
DP in 364 wrote:Rach and stach are literally the two lynches that give the least amount of info simply because they barely have interactions or linkages with anyone. A joe lynch can give us a lot of info for tomorrow
These mostly suggest that Joe is not DP's partner, though.

Meanwhile, pistachi0n does not mention DP at all on Day 1, and begins Day 2 by trying to connect Joe to him. Also, these quotes:
In post 315, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 260, The_Jester wrote:@Pistachi0n do you prefer playing as town or mafia?
I prefer playing as town.
In post 389, Korts wrote:pistachi0n, if you don't mind me asking - did you enjoy the first day of this game?
In post 390, pistachi0n wrote:Not particularly. Day 1 is always my least favorite day.
None of this is particularly meaningful, though.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more in-depth.

Can we lynch me now? I am a liability to town if I'm kept alive - I wouldn't think I was shot last night, meaning I still have my vest, so I won't be dying tonight. I don't want my lynch to be responsible for the town losing.
scumchat never die
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:17 am

Post by The_Jester »

Well coming to think of it, it would be the most profitable to lynch somebody who's probable to be scum but can also be the vest-less townie if we happen to be wrong. That way we don't risk 2 townies dead before the next day.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”