Gamma Emerald (0):
Invisibility (0):
KuroiXHF (0):
Whemestar (0):
Skygazer (0):
Creature (0):
Nero Cain (0):
The Meme Men (0):

Not Voting: Sora, Aristophanes, KuroiXHF, Mastina, Lady Angel, Jingle, Varsoon, Nicorobin, Invisibility, Vecna

With 20 alive it's 11 to lynch.

The day will end in (expired on 2018-11-04 17:00:00).
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4751 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4724, Varsoon wrote:But they're not 'clears', Jingle. Oh nooo scum eventually hits 5 people in the 'pseudoclear' pile before mastina, who has to eat a lynch before the end of this game, does so.
I agree that we're in a better situation if mastina is town than if she's scum. I'm also townreading her.

The point of the leashed scumkill bit is that we're not in a bad place if I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, and mastina is scum, there is at the most two more nightkills outside of the pool of players that get run up to lynch. Two.

And I've been through this entire argument like 4 or 5 times since replacing in, so if anyone else would like to ask all of these questions maybe just read my ISO next time.
This is a Parachute.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4752 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

Still think it's a lousy idea to no lynch several times in a row in a game where we aren't getting any mod-confirmed clears from it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4753 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree with Varsoon that semi-freguent VC's even if it hasn't changed much is a good idea.

My #1 advice would be more strict on your prods. As of right eight both NSG and Ari are nearing not posting here for 3 days when they should have been prodded hours ago. Earlier (I could be wrong though) Mastina was at 4 days without being prodded and this has been going on for awhile now.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4754 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 4752, Varsoon wrote:Still think it's a lousy idea to no lynch several times in a row in a game where we aren't getting any mod-confirmed clears from it.
exactly

-LH
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4755 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Jingle »

Ari at least is V/LA.

I've explained multiple times why it's low risk high reward. If you'd like to tell me how early consecutive no lynching in a role madness game is high risk, we can talk. Otherwise, engaging with the same unsupported statement over and over is STILL just empty noise that contributes to thread clog.
This is a Parachute.
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4756 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In theory, it could work.

In practice, it is killing the game.

If Mastina was willing to do her guilty after like 72 hours or something every time, then I wouldn't have minded blowing through day phases.

But spending *weeks* on dayphases that end on no lynching is so dull and uninformative it is extremely difficult to retain interest in the game.

She was being told to declare her guilty early on. She could have done so after everyone had checked in. There was no mindblowing cases being made. There was no proactive sorting. Everything was basically at a standstill, but she still just keeps dragging out the days because she's pretending that day *length* is somehow way more important than *momentum*

If I literally cannot remember who I'm scumreading anymore because I'm so disengaged from the game, that is *not good for my ability to solve the game*

Things need to actually happen every now and then.

So yeah, mastina had her chance. Now she either gladiates and gets lynched, or she gets lynched. But we are not keeping her in the game for another dayphase.

VOTE: Mastina -shiro

-RH
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4757 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Jingle »

Cool. And the fact that town hasn't managed to come to a single lynch consensus this game is also mastina's fault?

You're still ignoring the facts that the lack of mindblowing cases and the lack of sorting are in no way mastina's sole fault. They're the fault of the playerlist as a whole.

There aren't cases? Make some. There isn't sorting? Sort people.

You're blaming problems on this role, but not doing anything to solve the problem yourself.

And, to talk about a lack of cases:

Me. Nico Robin. Vecna. Varsoon. NSG.

None of those are something you weighed in on, but they are all cases.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4758 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Stop being a Mastina apologist. Its wrong, icky and scummy.

Like I'm agreeing that this playerlist is full of useless lurks sacks. That's not her problem. What
IS
the problem is that she's not using her role and authority to fix that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4759 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

"but the others players aren't doing anything."

it's not the excuse for Mastina to do nothing that you two think it is.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4760 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4757, Jingle wrote:Cool. And the fact that town hasn't managed to come to a single lynch consensus this game is also mastina's fault?

You're still ignoring the facts that the lack of mindblowing cases and the lack of sorting are in no way mastina's sole fault. They're the fault of the playerlist as a whole.

There aren't cases? Make some. There isn't sorting? Sort people.

You're blaming problems on this role, but not doing anything to solve the problem yourself.

And, to talk about a lack of cases:

Me. Nico Robin. Vecna. Varsoon. NSG.

None of those are something you weighed in on, but they are all cases.
Wdym town hasn’t been reaching lynch consensuses
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4761 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4387, Jingle wrote:So... Your wagon is a shitty policy lynch by your own admission.

Disregarding that the entire point of having people claim is to not lynch potentially powerful roles, that doesn't argue against the whole strong townread point.

Yes, I'm going to freeze my vote to a smaller wagon than the one I just unvoted to be able to compromise lynch. That sounds super smart. And yes. I'm the one who is constantly complaining about how one player hasn't solved the entire game for them.

As for your evidence:
In post 1750, RadiantCowbells wrote:KuroiXHF (6): Gamma Emerald, Nosferatu, jjh927, Innocent Children, Porkens, Mastina
In post 2678, RadiantCowbells wrote:Chickadee (7): Lady Angel, Mastina, Whemestar, KuroiXHF, Invisibility, jjh927, Gamma Emerald
Deadline No Lynches.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4762 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

and even if you wanna say who she gladiates is confirmed town...does it really matter who the 5 confirms are?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4763 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That feels like misrepping the facts. mastina glaciated, rather than ya going on and lynching. I feel like you’re really trying to play both sides of the field at this point.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4764 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote: Mastina

my vote rests here, she can either gladiate or get lynched. Doesn't matter.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4765 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4758, Nero Cain wrote:Let's policy lynch mastina for not solving all of the world's problems.
Trying to argue with mastina here over game theory is even less useful than trying to convince whichever ones of the "Let's lynch mastina" proponents are town that they're being idiots.

And yes. Because we have wagons to analyze. We have stances that we can hold people accountable for. Just because people AREN'T looking at them, doesn't mean they're not there.
This is a Parachute.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4766 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Mastina
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4767 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4765, Jingle wrote:Trying to argue with mastina here over game theory is even less useful than trying to convince whichever ones of the "Let's lynch mastina" proponents are town that they're being idiots.
What game theory am I arguing?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4768 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4765, Jingle wrote:
In post 4758, Nero Cain wrote:Let's policy lynch mastina for not solving all of the world's problems.
but also your mocking requote sounds like a wonderful idea.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4769 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Jingle »

Mastina gladiated in both cases with less than 48 hours on the clock. The first 'wagon' was at L-6. The second was at L-4. Neither of those were healthy wagons. Look at the posting around them. Both were plagued by "Why are we lynching here?" They were shit lynches on what is presumably town. There were no real counterwagons.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4770 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@RC
-Why is updating the op so hard?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4771 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4769, Jingle wrote:Mastina gladiated in both cases with less than 48 hours on the clock. The first 'wagon' was at L-6. The second was at L-4. Neither of those were healthy wagons. Look at the posting around them. Both were plagued by "Why are we lynching here?" They were shit lynches on what is presumably town. There were no real counterwagons.
ok? but getting 20+ idiots to all agree on alot of the same things is just a futile endeavor.
Mastina should be leading when she chooses not to.

Town are going to be wrong alot of times as well so you (and presumably her) wanting more VCA input seems like a scum attempt to smear more people that have been wrong.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4772 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm not at my computer. I will be very soon and will update the OP and actually make the VC then. Phoneposting stuff is hard.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4773 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, it is. didn't know you were on phone.

Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4774 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 4763, Gamma Emerald wrote:That feels like misrepping the facts. mastina glaciated, rather than ya going on and lynching. I feel like you’re really trying to play both sides of the field at this point.
I mean, those were the leading lynch with something like 48 hours left to the end of the day. We were doing a terrible job of actually lynching anyone, and the fact that mastina gladiated would not have changed that.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”