Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

and I'm scum for not being able to see the things you guys are seing, and for defending the fuck out of him
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4875, Ms Marangal wrote:and I'm scum for not being able to see the things you guys are seing, and for defending the fuck out of him

And im a scum godfather for being wrong.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:02 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4871, Sakura Hana wrote:btw if pieguy randomized the fake claims, how come that Teru's fake claim just happened to have a similar ability to Teru?

if you pick a sizable group of people (like 5 people) in a large game, the chance of at least one of them being scum is about 50%. the same principle applies here

there are a lot of people who fit "ability cop", really
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, no, I hate when town thinks a mass claim will let them somehow 'solve' everything. It drives me up a wall regardless of my align.
I'm probably going to always implement some sort of role that, if informed of other roles, can ruin them.
I'm probably always going to make it to where it is better for town NOT to claim rather than claim.
I'm probably going to include scum roles that are more powerful if they know town flavor.

It's not enough to build a setup that has town get nothing/negative utility from mass-claiming.
I'm gonna build in ways to keep players from thinking they can outguess the mod,
or at least I'm going to talk about doing it so much that no one will dare try in my games, mwhahahaha
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4877, pieguyn wrote:there are a lot of people who fit "ability cop", really

Huh, i dont remeber that being the case.
Either way, it doesn't matter anymore, I probably won't try to flavor break your games again, despite how tempting it is, i actually didn't want to do that this game, but some of the stuff felt so tempting (For instance i was townreading chandra D1 and i needed a reason to try to prevent them from being lynched)
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4878, Varsoon wrote:Oh, no, I hate when town thinks a mass claim will let them somehow 'solve' everything. It drives me up a wall regardless of my align.
I'm probably going to always implement some sort of role that, if informed of other roles, can ruin them.
I'm probably always going to make it to where it is better for town NOT to claim rather than claim.
I'm probably going to include scum roles that are more powerful if they know town flavor.

This isn't a good practice, because one of the correct strategies is to mass claim later in the game to match night actions and try to find the scum. When Mods try to discourage legit town scumhunting strategies i dont respect them as mods.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Like you were legit pissed we were PoE'ing scum and had won the game, and i always found that odd, because if the PoE is wrong it'll be shown eventually.

I still don't get what your issue with the PoE was.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4872, pieguyn wrote:needless to say, if you think my setups are flavor breakable, prepare to be utterly fucked if you sign up for a game I run in the future

I don't mind, I don't hunt through flavor anyway - yes I was insisting Chandra was scum based on Seiko's flavor, but I had countless other reasons to consider before flavor.

But it is what it is, though you corrected your mistake from Corpse Party (flavor knowledge wasn't really needed here), it was possible to zoom in on scum with the use of flavor.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4875, Ms Marangal wrote:and I'm scum for not being able to see the things you guys are seing, and for defending the fuck out of him

sorry mara, unreasonably defending a scummy as hell nacho is not the most town thing

I did read you correctly at first though!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's only a 'correct' strategy if you put a ton of stock into claims, which I feel carry far too much power on-site. The site meta favors claims far too much.
As a mod, I want to shift the site meta towards favoring rhetoric, intuition, and post-by-post play more than mechanical play, trust/reliance on mechanical efficiency, etc.
One way to do that is to make games with special mechanics and/or roles that concentrate and reward players for engaging in the rhetorical play.
Another way to do that is by making roles that can punish and hinder players solely based on their mechanical reliance.

There are good and bad ways to do this, of course. A 'bad' way is using a role like Godfather. A step in the right direction is a roleblocker/jailer.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4884, Varsoon wrote:It's only a 'correct' strategy if you put a ton of stock into claims, which I feel carry far too much power on-site. The site meta favors claims far too much.
As a mod, I want to shift the site meta towards favoring rhetoric, intuition, and post-by-post play more than mechanical play, trust/reliance on mechanical efficiency, etc.
One way to do that is to make games with special mechanics and/or roles that concentrate and reward players for engaging in the rhetorical play.
Another way to do that is by making roles that can punish and hinder players solely based on their mechanical reliance.

There are good and bad ways to do this, of course. A 'bad' way is using a role like Godfather. A step in the right direction is a roleblocker/jailer.

So just go with mountainous, then town and scum will have to rely on what you say.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

What you're proposing is scaring town PRs from claiming any possible incriminating results on the opponent team or clearing results on their team, which voids the purpose of existance of Town PRs to begin with, since they are here to help town narrow down the scum candidates with information obtained from their abilities and night actions, in your given scenario where town gets negative utility from outing this information it's better off to just make a mountainous setup so people don't rely on Night Action information since they know there will be none.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:17 am

Post by pieguyn »

Role PMs:

Spoiler: Benjamin Applebaum

Amae Koromo, Achiga 1-shot Global Roleblocker

Despite her tough facade, Koromo in actuality is deeply fond of her teammates and merely wants people to enjoy playing with her, although this is somewhat difficult given that her playstyle symbolizes dragging her opponents down to the bottom of the ocean. Notably, during the period leading up to the national tournament, Koromo's team was the only team out of seven which Achiga did not defeat.

Abilities:

->
海底撈月 - Haitei Raoyue (Global Roleblock) [Active, Night, 1-shot]
- So you lost the prefectural tournament, but so what? That won't stop you from going all-out in practice matches, or other games you might play to pass the time - and your ability to trap everyone else in
iishanten
hell is still as great as ever.
PM me stating you wish to use this ability. If your action succeeds, all other active abilities performed that night will fail.

Win Condition:

-> You win when all threats to Achiga High are dead and at least one player aligned with Achiga High is alive.

Spoiler: Gin and Sonic

Tsuruta Himeko, Achiga Mason Conditional Unrequited Lover 1-shot Cop

Himeko is a shy girl who cares deeply about her teammates; however, despite her personality, her Reservation ability has been rumored to be able to defeat even professional players.

Abilities:

->
Friendly Bond (Mason) [Passive, Misc]
- You and Mairu are inseparable - and even then, there's no way she'd run off and do anything strange while you weren't looking.
You and Elbirn,
Shirouzu Mairu, Achiga Mason Modified Weak Jailkeeper
, know each other to be aligned with Achiga High. You may communicate at ANY TIME here.

->
Reservation (Unrequited Lover) [Passive, Conditional]
- Your friendship with Mairu is so strong that it allows you to tie your games together. However, this is a double-edged sword. No matter how hard you try, you can never win when Mairu uses Reservation and fails.
If Elbirn (Mairu) dies on a night where she had activated Reservation, you will die. No abilities in the game can prevent this death.

->
Power of friendship (Cop) [Active, Night, 1-shot, Conditional]
- You are almost guaranteed to win when Mairu uses Reservation and succeeds. If Mairu sets a particularly ambitious goal, the limit of your power knows no bounds.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, I will inform you of whether they are aligned with Shiraitodai High or not. Your action will fail (and your shot will be refunded) if it is used on a night where Elbirn (Mairu) had not activated Reservation.

Win Condition:

-> You win when all threats to Achiga High are dead and at least one player aligned with Achiga High is alive.

Spoiler: ZZZX

Eguchi Sera, Achiga Vanilla

Sera is an upbeat, enthusiastic girl with a passion for the game that is clearly visible, in and out of play. As she is a third-year, she intends to make the absolute most out of her last national championship, and her positive attitude is reflective of this.

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Cabd

Matsumi Yuu, Achiga Vanilla

Yuu is a motherly figure who hates the cold, and her personality is warm and kind to match. She was, to her sister's dismay, often teased as a child for wearing heavy clothing and scarves in the middle of summer.

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Elbirn

Shirouzu Mairu, Achiga Mason Modified Weak Jailkeeper

As the president of their team, Mairu is a calm, collected girl with a good sense of leadership. Despite not being the captain of their team, she is the most skilled player, being referred to by teammates and professionals alike as their "true ace".

Abilities:

->
Friendly Bond (Mason) [Passive, Misc]
- You and Himeko are inseparable - and even then, there's no way she'd run off and do anything strange while you weren't looking.
You and Gin and Sonic,
Tsuruta Himeko, Achiga Mason Conditional Unrequited Lover 1-shot Cop
, know each other to be aligned with Achiga High. You may communicate at ANY TIME here.

->
Reservation [Active, Night, Special]
- Your friendship with Himeko is so strong that it allows you to tie your games together, thereby ensuring she wins whenever you win.
PM me stating you wish to use this ability. This will activate Gin and Sonic (Himeko)'s Reservation and Power of friendship for the night, but will also cause any other actions you would perform to fail.

->
True ace (Weak Jailkeep) [Active, Night]
- Just because you and Himeko are graced with an immovable link doesn't mean you're not a strong player outside of that - in particular, you have a good sense of when it is safe to go on the offensive and push for big hands.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, all NK attempts on them that night will fail, but any active abilities they perform will also fail. If this would resolve on a player who is aligned with Shiraitodai High, you will die.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: mastin2

Sawamura Tomoki, Achiga Vanilla

Tomoki is a quiet, serious girl with a knack for technology - in the mahjong world, this corresponds to a calm playstyle focused on gathering data about her opponents. Notably, she was adept at RTS gaming before being recruited into Ryuumonbuchi's team.

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Kuro Matsumi

Ezaki Hitomi, Achiga Vanilla

Hitomi is a plucky girl who has a tendency to attribute everything negative that happens to "politics" - at various points to the dismay of her team, as this includes her losing.

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Voidedmafia

Nijou Izumi, Achiga Vanilla

Despite being skilled, Izumi has a tendency to lack confidence in her own abilities and worry about letting her team down - she is driven by a desire to prove herself and show everyone that first-year players can be just as dangerous as upperclassmen.

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Bins

Shimizudani Ryuuka, Achiga 2-shot Fixed Neighborizer

Ryuuka serves as Toki's primary caretaker, often leaving her lap available for her to use as a pillow whenever she needs to rest. As Senriyama's captain, she is exceedingly devoted and caring towards the rest of her team.

Abilities:

->
Link (Information) [Passive, Misc]
- You can sense Toki's presence, even when the distance between you is large.
You and Onjouji Toki know that each other exist in the game.

->
Call Fairy Toki (Neighborize) [Active, Night, 2-shot, Special]
- Even when Toki is not resting on your lap, you can feel her warmth, and by extension, her power. As a result, she is there to assist you when the time is right.
PM me stating you wish to use this ability. If successful, at the start of the next day, you will open a neighborhood with Onjouji Toki for the duration of that day. However, it will close at the end of the day. (Both will still have access to the topic, and if this is used multiple times, the same topic will be used.)

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Bitmap

Onjouji Toki, Achiga 2-shot Doctor

Toki's most apparent trait is her weak constitution, which occasionally necessitates trips to the hospital mid-match. However, this has led her to care deeply for those who take care of her - her teammates, in particular their captain, whose lap she can often be found resting upon.

Abilities:

->
Link (Information) [Passive, Misc]
- You can sense Ryuuka's presence, even when the distance between you is large.
You and Shimizudani Ryuuka know that each other exist in the game.

->
Future sight (Doctor) [Active, Night, 2-shot]
- After seeing the boundary between life and death, you became able to see a short distance in the future. In your current situation, this allows you to notice when someone - yourself included - is likely to be subject to harm, although it takes quite the toll on your body.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, all NK attempts on them that night will fail. You MAY target yourself.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Wisdom

Hanada Kirame, Achiga 1-shot Bulletproof

While Kirame is not the most skilled player at Shindouji by any means, her optimism knows no bounds - reaching the point where when she heard she was added to the team solely as a sacrifice, she happily declared herself the "sacrificial pawn". She always enjoys her matches, regardless of outcome.

Abilities:

->
Never going bust (Bulletproof) [Passive, 1-shot]
- You have never lost all your points in any of your games, even when all odds are against you. Why should you have to start now?
The first kill attempt on you will fail. You will be informed if this happens.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: St Constantine the Hermit

Hirose Sumire, Shiraitodai 1-shot Strongman

"Shiraitodai's sharpshooter" is never one to act impulsively; she usually remains calm and collected, even under pressure. She is well versed in predicting her opponents moves, allowing her to specifically tailor her game to target someone when she so desires.

Abilities:

->
Shiraitodai (Factional Communication) [Passive, Misc]
- Your school's team has won the national championship the last two years, and you are determined to win for the third consecutive year. You and your allies consist of:
  • Xtoxm,
    Miyanaga Teru, Shiraitodai Ability Cop

• farside22,
    Shibuya Takami, Shiraitodai Conditional 1-shot Day Vigilante

• InflatablePie,
    Oohoshi Awai, Shiraitodai Goon

You may communicate at ANY TIME here.

->
Eliminate (Factional Kill) [Active, Night, Misc]
- Each night, one member of your faction may kill a player. The person performing the kill may not use any other active abilities that night. Your kill flavor is "eliminated".

->
Piercing arrow shots (Strongman) [Active, Night, 1-shot]
- When you set up a trap for an opponent, they are rarely, if ever, able to escape from it without abandoning their hand entirely.
On any night where you use Eliminate, you may PM me to activate this ability. If successful, your kill will be unable to fail, be prevented, or be modified in any way. Your kill flavor when using this ability is "pierced through the heart".

Win Condition:

-> You win when half the living population is aligned with Shiraitodai High during the day or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Xtoxm

While she appears in media as a cheerful person, Teru is, in actuality, a very cold personality who is merciless on the field and remarkably serious off the field. Her stoic expression, by nature, usually does not reveal much about what she is thinking or feeling, and her teammates describe her interview smile as "as horrible as ever". She is famous for her ability to rack up points en masse by completing gradually larger hands each round, to the point where she is described as inhuman by opponents and commentators alike.

Abilities:

->
- Your school's team has won the national championship the last two years, and you are determined to win for the third consecutive year. You and your allies consist of:
  • Marquis,

• farside22,

• InflatablePie,

->
- Each night, one member of your faction may kill a player. The person performing the kill may not use any other active abilities that night. Your kill flavor is "eliminated".

->
Mirror (Ability Cop) [Active, Night]
- Your mirror allows you to expose the playstyles of your opponents, almost as if you are directly seeing through them to the core.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, I will inform you of the flavor name of each non-factional ability that player possesses.

Win Condition:

-> You win when half the living population is aligned with Shiraitodai High during the day or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Nachomamma8

Takakamo Shizuno, Achiga Night 4 and Beyond Redirector

Shizuno is a carefree, easy-going girl whose preferred outfit is a track jacket - with nothing else. When playing, she draws inspiration from the vast mountains in Nara which she had become intimately familiar with as a child.

Abilities:

->
Mist (Redirect) [Active, Night, Conditional]
- As the Master of the Deep Mountain, you know your way around like it's the back of your hand. However, everyone else is less fortunate, and has a tendency to be unable to find their way within the mist which you inherently control. As the outskirts are generally clear, though, it takes some time before people find themselves within your domain.
PM me TWO players, a source and a target. If your action succeeds, any active abilities that would resolve on the source will instead resolve on the target. This ability is disabled until Night 4.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Chandra Nalaar

Atarashi Ako, Achiga Ascetic Tracker

Ako is an excitable, enthusiastic girl who is proud of the fact that she "doesn't lose at high speeds". She greatly enjoys being with her team and hopes to make the most out of their trip to the Nationals.

Abilities:

->
Quick (Ascetic) [Passive, Misc]
- You are renowned for your ability to make extremely fast hands; as such, it is very difficult to stop or interfere when you want to win.
Any active abilities targeting you besides kills will fail.

->
Sense of flow (Track) [Active, Night]
- You are very adept at analyzing the flow of the game, thus being able to intuit who will discard what and when you will be able to advance your hand.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, I will inform you who, if anyone, they targeted with an active ability that night.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Skybird

Ryuumonbuchi Touka, Achiga Vanilla

Touka is a haughty, enthusiastic girl who loves being the center of attention - and is visibly dismayed when the attention is not on her. Her arrogant facade, though, is driven by her desire to succeed and her dedication to wanting the best for her team.

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Varsoon

Sagimori Arata, Achiga Vanilla

Despite being the last player recruited into Achiga's team, and having nothing out of the ordinary about their play to speak of, Arata is a skilled player who is driven to bring the best to her team. Her play is inspired by the bowling alley which her grandmother, who enthusiastically supports her mahjong endeavors, owns.

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

Spoiler: singersigner

Matsumi Kuro, Achiga Vigilante

Kuro is an optimistic girl who describes herself as a waiting type, and it showed when she took care of the deserted Achiga mahjong clubroom for the length of two years in the hope that somebody would return. Now that her childhood friends have came back to her, she is heavily invested in providing the best for her team, and becomes sad when she feels that she has let them down. She is notorious for her ability to hoard
dora
tiles.

Abilities:

->
Dragon Lord (Vigilante) [Active, Night]
- Even at a young age, your late mother took care to instill within you the importance of
dora
. As a result, your hands - when you can actually make them - are immensely powerful.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, that player will die.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: InflatablePie

Awai has a remarkable amount of confidence in her abilities - which, for the most part, is well justified as her playstyle is difficult to adapt to. While she enjoys playing, the feeling is not mutual among her opponents, whom she usually treats with contempt due to their assumed lack of relative skill.

Abilities:

->
  • Xtoxm,

• Marquis,

• farside22,

->

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Jazzmyn

Takami is a quiet girl whose most notable characteristic is her unusually high rate of
yakuman
hands, which she attains via her ability; she is difficult to play against as her power grows stronger with each bonus round played.

Abilities:

->
  • Xtoxm,

• Marquis,

• InflatablePie,

->

->
Plant seed (Mark) [Active, Night]
- Your opening discards have their ways of finding their way back into your hand in the last hand of the game. As a result, your game is centered around keeping the correct tiles for later.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, that player will be considered "marked", and I will return a result to you informing you your action succeeded, and the current list of players whom you have "marked". They will not be informed of this. No ability in the game can remove a player's "marked" status in any way.

->
Harvest time (Vigilante) [Active, Day, 1-shot, Conditional]
- Although it takes a while, when the seeds you have planted begin to bear fruit, the rewards are massive.
If, during a day phase, every living player not aligned with Shiraitodai High is "marked", you may target a player (either via PM or in-thread). That player will die, the day will continue, and the vote count will be reset.

Win Condition:

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

^
I thought the role PMs were already in the MOD qt, but nice of you to post them again :P
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 am

Post by pieguyn »

pfft no one checks that shit anyway
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

If you do win off of PoE, it feels like it cheapens the win. Like the game was won by solving some formula/equation rather than actually paying attention to what was posted and discerning alignments through rhetoric alone.
If you lose off of PoE, it's because scum was able to slip through it, which is hilarious, because town has the hubris to think they've 'figured' the game out. I don't want to lose a game because someone thinks they've figured it all out, only for them to realize the 'facts' they were doing their equations through were lies/untrue due to scum fake claims and/or PR interactions.

It's also not fun for me. For me, it's like giving up on playing the game and just going with the path of least resistance.
It's like when people play a move in any game (like chess, cards, mahjong even) and they think blindly that because they have 'figured things out' they've already won. You just open yourself up to playing into the opponent's chii toitsu.

P-EDIT:
I like mountainous setups, but I think that roles can be crafted AROUND the rhetoric of the game, rather than solely having mechanical efficiency. Furthermore, I feel like players enjoy playing roles that provide them with other actions and interactions to think about outside of the game space.
For instance, consider the Special Mechanic I have in my Steven Universe game. Players target other players in order to possibly form day-chat neighborhoods based on mutual targeting. These neighborhoods can enable other role abilities for people inside of them. This forces players to seriously consider each other in terms of who they want to chat with in private, who they might want to empower the role of, and who they can trust. It allows the scum-team to interact with town at the possible cost of enabling mechanically effective town roles. I don't mind roles having mechanical efficiency--I just like that efficiency to be tied to the rhetorical game, rather than having outright power.

/shrug.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

I dunno if anyone's said this but, uh
Thanks for running this game, Pieguyn. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed playing as well as your modding.
Good stuff <3
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Wisdom »

Winning off of PoE just adds to the fact town was OP
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4892, Wisdom wrote:Winning off of PoE just adds to the fact town had an OP tracker with great intuition

fixed that for you
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Town wasnt really that OP, it was more of the fact that 3 of our PRs played their roles really well (The tracker and the Masons), without their help this wouldn't have been PoE'd as easily.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4862, Wisdom wrote:except you said so in post 2

o also, that was to say that the scum faction in this game was flavored Shiraitodai. that is all. it implied nothing about the composition of the actual scum team. assuming all the scum were Shiraitodai characters in-flavor was an assumption YOU (and others) were making; I could have made the exact same mod announcement in, for instance, the last game I ran where a "town" character was scum

the reason I included that disclaimer was solely because I wanted a publicly single-faction game, btw. there were a lot of people spec'ing SK (especially on the last day) because of it which made me lol a bit.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 am

Post by Wisdom »

sakura, no. Yes, Ceph did a great job, that can't be denied, but town was still OP. Scum had literally nothing. The rolecop was nerfed, the dayvig's condition would never activate, and the strongman was just 1-shot and the most it could have done would be kill the bulletproof. Now consider all the roles town had.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Wisdom »

They had nothing to counter the cop, nothing to counter the JK, nothing to counter the vig, nothing to counter the tracker...

cmon
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 am

Post by pieguyn »

k I'm out for a bit. inb4 you all make 20 more pages by the time I get back
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Whoa holy shit 30 more pages...

I'm...probably going to read them all because I'm like that but no guarantees I'll get anything out of them.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”