Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Braeden »

In the meantime while the fanatic townie pops goes on...

Where are Pixman and Blink_fan?
"The myths die hard, especially within the Mafia.├óÔé¼
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

I've tried to explain how a speechless wagon like that is scummy... it's hard to though. On this site, it goes without saying, is understood as common knowledge that random lynching is scummy.

At mafiascum, we don't throw up our hands D1 and say "we have no information", and randomly lynch someone. That's not optimal play from the town. Sometimes something funny pops up in the random voting phase. If nothing comes up, you do what you can to get discussion started. Once you can get a D1 discussion started, it will start fueling itself and you can get psychological tells from scum players, from things they're saying. Then you can lynch that person.

Here's a game i learned a lot from when i started out, it shows a very good example of how to play a D1. Note the good play of rogueben. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... hlight=646

Some more participation from pixman and blink_fan would be good, they have not posted yet.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Braeden »

Pops, you're much easier to understand when you post helpful replies.

I wont argue that D1 went completely wrong, but honestly a little help goes a long way. Thanks for the last post.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Riceballtail »

popsofctown wrote:Some more participation from pixman and blink_fan would be good, they have not posted yet.
PROD
these two please.

Also, the most likely reason no one died last night is that a doctor made a successful protection from the mafia's NK.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Braeden wrote:Pops, you're much easier to understand when you post helpful replies.

I wont argue that D1 went completely wrong, but honestly a little help goes a long way. Thanks for the last post.
meh... i couldn't switch to helpful mode until i was sure you guys were actually oblivious. There's a brand of scum that pretends not to know better and runs around hammering like that, game after game.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
pixmin
pixmin
Goon
pixmin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by pixmin »

sorry for the inactivity. it's been busy over here, moving between cities for christmas, etc.

having three misguided townies jumping onto the same wagon seems highly unlikely so...

FOS: boarder_control, braeden, bellarin

and boarder_control (can i call you bc?), just curious, why the interest in finding the reason for the no kill?
Bellarin
Bellarin
Townie
Bellarin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Bellarin »

F1fth wrote:
Bellarin wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
Braeden wrote:
un vote: popsofctown

Vote: vamparific

Lets have some fun!!!
Braeden, by saying, let's have some fun, it seems you are acknowledging that a wagon was forming. If you had any sense at all, wouldn't you count how many people were in the wagon before you got in?

Better question, even if you thought you were making an L-2 wagon, can you explain to me how you were leading our town to victory? I see you creating disorder, which scum like, i see you killing an innocent, which scum like, but i don't see even the obscurest way you were helping the town with your vote. You'd already made your joke vote. How many joke votes does someone get?

Normally this would be where i vote to take my position, but apparently the rest of this town phails too much to be trusted with L-4. (Yes, i gave you people L-4 and you slaughter someone). So I'll just
FoS: Braeden
for now.
It's a little bit disgusting that my random vote on Vamparific for his avatar led to his death. I think i might not ever random vote in a newbie game again.
Forgive me for being a newb and just going with who had the most votes first. And even then it was uneven, so some people had to go back and revote.

Plus, i'm sorry for being new to this but i had to go look up on the wiki for what FoS means (Finger of Suspision for who else didn't know), and still don't know what L-4 and L-2 wagon mean, therefore...

vote: popsofctown
i understand if you've played enough to understand these terms, but it just doesn't work for people like me that need to know the literal before using the abbriviations >.<
That has to be the most ridiculous reason to vote for someone ever. Why would the fact that he used those terms indicate he was scum? Or do you not even care if he's town or not? L-2 and L-4 mean lynch minus 2 and lynch minus 4. It tells how many votes the person is away from being lynched. It's very, very common language on this forum. Get used to it.
I understand if it's very common language, but this is the first game i've played and i looked around the wiki and didn't find any definitions or anything. Just saying that it this is a newbie area, i didn't understand what those terms ment, maybe i shoud ask before i vote next time, maybe the terms should be explained, i don't know.

Either way, it's just a game. You opinion of my vote is your opinion, even if it did seem a tad bit harsh.

My vote still stands
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

Braeden wrote:In the meantime while the fanatic townie pops goes on...

Where are Pixman and Blink_fan?
Not sure about the first guy, but I'm replacing Blink_fan. Hey everyone! I'll have by take on the game posted sharpish.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Courtesy of PJ:

Helpful Information

1.)
Main Wiki Page
2.)
Newbie Guide
3.)
Frequently Asked Questions
4.)
Commonly Used Abbreviations[/quote]

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Also, last post has tagfail. Sorry.

pixmin
pixmin
Goon
pixmin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by pixmin »

I understand if it's very common language, but this is the first game i've played and i looked around the wiki and didn't find any definitions or anything. Just saying that it this is a newbie area, i didn't understand what those terms ment, maybe i shoud ask before i vote next time, maybe the terms should be explained, i don't know.

Either way, it's just a game. You opinion of my vote is your opinion, even if it did seem a tad bit harsh.

My vote still stands
wait, so you're affirming that you believe the use of abbreviations is scummy?

HoS (hand of suspicion, to you.): bellarin

am i scummy?

@mercdaemon: hey there. welcome to the game!
Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Braeden »

Im unsure if anyone has noticed, but we have failed to make any headway since D2 has begun.

Could some more people post?!

Wheres KofC, he hasnt posted since D1. Where is everyone at??
Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Braeden »

EBWOP, completely disregard that last post. It was meant for a different thread.
Boarder_Control
Boarder_Control
Townie
Boarder_Control
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Boarder_Control »

pixmin wrote:sorry for the inactivity. it's been busy over here, moving between cities for christmas, etc.

having three misguided townies jumping onto the same wagon seems highly unlikely so...

and boarder_control (can i call you bc?), just curious, why the interest in finding the reason for the no kill?
Bc's fine. I find it odd that the mafia wouldn't want to capitalize on our day one townie kill.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:55 am

Post by mercdaemon »

Day 1 was a cluster. Nuff said. Almost.

Riceballtail: Neutral, hasn't really had a lot to say, and what little opinion he's put forward is pretty much the "party line" at this stage. I can't say I disagree with his vote.

Bellarin: Your vote is weak. If you think popsofctown is talking double Dutch to you, then it's much better to ask what the heck he's going on about before voting. Why does your vote stand?

popsofctown: Agree with his assessment of Braeden and Boarder_Control. Leaning towards town a little, but it's too early to say any more than that regarding my opinion on his alignment.

Boarder_Control: What? The day 1
discussion
is what gets the game started. And what did Vamparific have to defend himself against (other than his avatar, apparently)?

Braeden: What else do we have to talk about at this stage (other than Vamparific's lynch)? If you have some points you'd like to bring up, I'd like to hear them.

pixmin: Got nothing, other than the fact that he was on the Vamparific lynch.

F1fth: Not a whole lot. I agree with the assessment on Bellarin and don't have a problem at this stage with the vote on Boarder_control.

At this stage, Bellarin, Boarder_Control and Braeden are at the top of my list, probably in that order. Of course not all of these are scum, but I'd be quite shocked to find them all town. It's early days yet so let's get into it. While I've said who I suspect, that's no reason to actually throw votes around at this stage because I think the town has already been hampered by some fast voting.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

pixmin wrote:

My vote still stands

am i scummy?

I second this. If he is seriously affirming a vote for such a crappy reason, then that's two days in a row he's been out lynching without even caring enough to fake real suspicion.

Any defense bell?
"Well, I..."
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Vamparific »

Bah!
F1fth
F1fth
Townie
F1fth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by F1fth »

I think I'll leave my vote on boarder_control. It's not just how he unapologetically hammered a completely non-suspicious player with no discussion nor claim (mostly that).

But what bothers me is his last response:
Boarder_Control wrote:
pixmin wrote:sorry for the inactivity. it's been busy over here, moving between cities for christmas, etc.

Bc's fine. I find it odd that the mafia wouldn't want to capitalize on our day one townie kill.

It feels as if he's just trying to seem like he doesn't know what's going on with the mafia's decision, i.e. suggest that he's not a part of the mafia.
Boarder_Control
Boarder_Control
Townie
Boarder_Control
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:18 pm

F1fth wrote:I think I'll leave my vote on boarder_control. It's not just how he unapologetically hammered a completely non-suspicious player with no discussion nor claim (mostly that).

But what bothers me is his last response:
Boarder_Control wrote:

It feels as if he's just trying to seem like he doesn't know what's going on with the mafia's decision, i.e. suggest that he's not a part of the mafia.
You seriously don't think it's odd that the mafia wouldn't kill some one to gain a big advantage? You are right, I'm not sorry I hammered like that at all. I don't think I'm the only one to blame for that. There were FOUR other votes on him and some of you just played dumb saying that you weren't paying attenion, Well that sucks you should have been paying atteniontot he game.
Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Braeden »

@BC
Riceball wrote:
Also, the most likely reason no one died last night is that a doctor made a successful protection from the mafia's NK.
BC wrote:
You are right, I'm not sorry I hammered like that at all.
That is exactly why you look more suspicious than everyone else who voted, and the fact that you are still trying to get everyone to look at other peoples voting. When I was called suspicious for voting on Vamp I simply stated what hapened, how I felt and accepted my part of the blame. I didnt try to push off the responsibility on the rest of you.
Bellarin
Bellarin
Townie
Bellarin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Bellarin »

popsofctown wrote:
pixmin wrote:
I understand if it's very common language, but this is the first game i've played and i looked around the wiki and didn't find any definitions or anything. Just saying that it this is a newbie area, i didn't understand what those terms ment, maybe i should ask before i vote next time, maybe the terms should be explained, i don't know.

My vote still stands

am i scummy?

I second this. If he is seriously affirming a vote for such a crappy reason, then that's two days in a row he's been out lynching without even caring enough to fake real suspicion.

Any defense bell?
I voted for him because i feel that being that this is a new player area, use of those terms without an explanation of them is just confusing to those who have NEVER PLAYED. I could of easily changed my vote to F1fth for the way he responded to my post, but I didn't want to risk looking scummy.

(And even though i have read them anyways, thanks for posting those links Riceballtail. Not sure if you posted those just because of me or for everyone)

But all i can say is that it's just a game, and it's my first. Going through it is defiantly a learning experience and i'm finding out that your actions (whether its not responding or responding without caution) is the difference between being lynched and staying alive
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Bellarin wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
pixmin wrote:
I understand if it's very common language, but this is the first game i've played and i looked around the wiki and didn't find any definitions or anything. Just saying that it this is a newbie area, i didn't understand what those terms ment, maybe i should ask before i vote next time, maybe the terms should be explained, i don't know.

My vote still stands

am i scummy?

Any defense bell?
I voted for him because i feel that being that this is a new player area, use of those terms without an explanation of them is just confusing to those who have NEVER PLAYED.
I could of easily changed my vote to F1fth for the way he responded to my post, but I didn't want to risk looking scummy.

(And even though i have read them anyways, thanks for posting those links Riceballtail. Not sure if you posted those just because of me or for everyone)

But all i can say is that it's just a game, and it's my first. Going through it is defiantly a learning experience
and i'm finding out that your actions (whether its not responding or responding without caution) is the difference between being lynched and staying alive
It definitely sounds like you are more concerned with not being lynched than you are concerned with finding scum. This prods my scumdar.
"Well, I..."
Boarder_Control
Boarder_Control
Townie
Boarder_Control
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:28 pm

popsofctown wrote:
Bellarin wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
pixmin wrote:

My vote still stands

am i scummy?

Any defense bell?
I voted for him because i feel that being that this is a new player area, use of those terms without an explanation of them is just confusing to those who have NEVER PLAYED.
I could of easily changed my vote to F1fth for the way he responded to my post, but I didn't want to risk looking scummy.

But all i can say is that it's just a game, and it's my first. Going through it is defiantly a learning experience
and i'm finding out that your actions (whether its not responding or responding without caution) is the difference between being lynched and staying alive
It definitely sounds like you are more concerned with not being lynched than you are concerned with finding scum. This prods my scumdar.
Wow by the end of the day everyone's going to be scummy. :lol: You keep trying to just call people out to defend themselves. Your being
really aggressive by pointing fingures and I really can't trust you at all.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

BC, that's how good mafia is played. You don't avoid speaking at all, and vote the guy with the most votes already. You try to provoke people into speaking, looking for anything anywhere to get people talking. That usually involves pointing fingers. Just because a player seems aggressive to you because they target multiple people doesn't mean they are convinced every single one is scum, it's the contrary, they are only halfway sure, and want to hear if that player slips up or makes a mistake when they defend themselves.
"Well, I..."
Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Braeden »

Why are you taking this so hard BC?