Newbie 995 .:|Game Over|:.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nina
Nina
Townie
Nina
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Nina »

I would also like a response to the RVS vs RQS in terms of pushing the game forward, CallMeLiam. It's not really related to the game anymore, but I'm curious.
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Vren »

Vote: Devious Bookworm

Because I want to see what happens when you vote for a
devious
bookworm. :D
Dance, Sode no Shirayuki...
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 1.2

Salezel (2)
- Katsuki, CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam (2)
- McGriddle, Nina
McGriddle (1)
- Salezel
Devious_Bookworm (1)
- Vren

Not Voting (3)
- Devious_Bookworm, Zed, Xine

With nine players alive, five votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Friday August 27 at 05:24 UTC.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Xine »

Nina wrote:I would also like a response to the RVS vs RQS in terms of pushing the game forward, CallMeLiam. It's not really related to the game anymore, but I'm curious.
I've heard it said that the RVS is a myth, that in reality all the votes mean something, don't know if that's totally true, but I'm sure there is truth to it.
Nina wrote:
Vote: CallMeLiam
because of the redundancy of observing a bandwagon while telling everyone that you are doing so, which will only put people on alert. I feel like you really said it as a disclaimer: "I'm pushing for Salazel (but just in case, I'm voting because bandwagons are good)."
I do think bandwagons are good, there is alot of information in a bandwagon.
McGriddle wrote:
@McGriddle: do you think that conforming to social pressur is a scum-tell, or is this a policy vote?
Lol no it was more of a joke/protip.

Unvote

I am not to fond of Liams wagon hopping. I don't like it one bit actually. You place Salezel at L-2 because he is afraid. This is his first game of course he's going to be afraid of everything.

That being said
Vote: CallMeLiam
for previously stated reasons.
this looks like an appology

VOTE: McGriddle
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by McGriddle »

What about that looks like an apology?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by McGriddle »

In other words, what would I be apologizing about? I did nothing wrong there
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Xine »

"Lol no it was more of a joke"-this part,

did you really laugh out loud?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by McGriddle »

No, I was very high, I put "lol" in front of everything. Also that wasn't even close to an apology, it was a description of what I said.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Vren wrote:

devious
We are out of RVS, just saying. :)
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Nina, I'm an IC. It helps if I explain my actions so the new players see what I'm doing.

Not only that, but it looks like as a result we're out of RVS and actually playing. Which is good.

As for RVS vs RQS, like I said earlier, I think RVS moves us forward faster and as such I much prefer it.

Finally, I'll be keeping my vote where it is. McGriddle says it's his first game so of course he's scared, I say that townies shouldn't be afraid of mislynching D1 and that scum have more reason to play nervously because they have something to hide.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
Salezel
Salezel
Townie
Salezel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by Salezel »

So your saying that even though this is my first game EVER anywhere, that I shouldn't be afraid that Im going to by lynched on the very first day??

And that since I'm afraid that whats happening right now would happen I must be scum??

So when a IC decides that a Newb is scared in is first game ever, he must be scum? And then When an IC puts the same newb on a bandwagon and he gets even more nervous he now is playing nervously HE MUST BE SCUM! Or could it just be that Seeing as how this is my first game ever,that I'm nervous and Id rather not be lynched on my first day unless its for a good reason and AHA! he's nervous! doesn't seem like a good reason to me.

Unvote

Vote: CallmeLiam
You seem to be trying awfully hard to get me out of here because Im nervous, and I dont think that thats a good enough reason for an IC to jump a Newb on a bandwagon
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:19 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Salazel, this isn't me trying awfully hard to get you lynched. This is me voting for you on page 3.
It's damn early doors and the first wagon out of RVS is usually based off a minor tell because there's nothing else to go on, so that's what I did. Watching you continue to overreact isn't convincing me any more that you're newb town.

Townies here don't win points for passing off scummy play as being new, so playing the newb card will only get you so far, and while I don't think you 'must' be scum, I do think you're overreacting to very minor pressure very early in a game. To me this is a sign more of someone who's mafia, than of someone who's new.

Oh, and answering your question: No, I don't think you should be afraid of being lynched in your first game ever. In a meta sense it'll help you spot which behaviours led to being lynched so you can curb them in future. For in-game and pro-town reasons the player lynched D1 is usually the centre of attention that day and provides more information as an alignment confirmed body than as a living question mark.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:19 am

Post by McGriddle »

Finally, I'll be keeping my vote where it is. McGriddle says it's his first game so of course he's scared, I say that townies shouldn't be afraid of mislynching D1 and that scum have more reason to play nervously because they have something to hide.

That's fine, we have a disagreement, not much I can defend there so that is fine.

@ Everyone! - Let's get some input as to what you think about the Liam and Salezal interaction. If Liam get lynched today we will still not have very much information. The only thing beneficial to a mislynch is the information gained from it, and if nobody else is posting we have no information. Plus if we're all just townies bickering then that means scum is flying under the radar hard. So let's go people, let's get some input.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Xine »

UNVOTE: McGriddle
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Xine »

Salezel, I've given you some noob slack, but, OMGUS, twice in 3 pages... can't let it slide.

VOTE: Salezel
Nina
Nina
Townie
Nina
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Nina »

CallMeLiam wrote:You shouldn't be afraid on voting in the RVS because the chances of it growing into a full on lynch are pretty slim. That said, I find the best way to get out of RVS is to start wagon like this and watch what happens.
CallMeLiam wrote:Nina, I'm an IC. It helps if I explain my actions so the new players see what I'm doing.
The "explanation" seemed a little superfluous. You gave reasons for your vote and then added this comment which sets up a situation where, if Salazel is lynched and flips town, you can explain your vote away with the additional reasoning of "it was the best way to get out of RVS". At the time of reading, I thought it was an underhanded way of freeing yourself from future responsibility.

That said, my vote on you was hasty. I spent a lot of words waffling over Salazel but would only FOS him. I felt like this made me hypocritical because I adovcated proactiveness, so I jumped on you as soon as I read that post. The above sentence still gives me weird vibes, but you are not the worst of the lot.

Xine, I'm bewildered by your Post #53. I'm assuming you were adding side comments to my posts, because the comments did not seem to address the contents directly. More importantly, I feel like you barely explained your vote on McGriddle -- please do so. Did you misread? What did you think he was apologizing for? And why would it be scummy?

Salazel, I've given you A LOT of "noob slack," but I did say this:
Nina wrote:The fact that he wasn't receptive to the explanations but rather submitted to them angrily is to his favour because, once again, I think the scummy route would have been to lay down and
plead inexperience
And you did follow it up with this:
Salazel wrote:So your saying that even though this is my
first game EVER anywhere
, that I shouldn't be afraid that Im going to by lynched on the very first day??
Salazel wrote:So when a IC decides that a
Newb is scared in is first game ever
, he must be scum? And then When an IC puts the same
newb
on a bandwagon and he gets even more nervous he now is playing nervously HE MUST BE SCUM! Or could it just be that Seeing as how
this is my first game ever
,that I'm nervous and
Id rather not be lynched on my first day
unless its for a good reason and AHA! he's nervous! doesn't seem like a good reason to me.
I don't think nervousness is a great reason either, especially when it comes to first games, but this is a spitball of AtE, ultra-defensiveness, pleading inexperience, overreaction, OMGUS, etc.

Here is my reason for finding you suspicious. Can you respond to it as well?
Nina wrote:For me, it's not the fact that Salazel doesn't agree with the RVS -- it's the fact that his reason for voting no lynch is that there are no leads, and that reason is very weak, because he could have a) withheld his vote and/or b) been proactive and created leads through tactics such as RVS and RQS.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Katsuki »

CallMeLiam wrote:
Finally, I'll be keeping my vote where it is.
McGriddle
says it's his first game so of course he's scared, I say that townies shouldn't be afraid of mislynching D1 and that scum have more reason to play nervously because they have something to hide.
Typo, yes? You mean Salezal, no?

*Will comment on posts when I'm actually more sober.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Nina
Nina
Townie
Nina
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Nina »

That was a big fucking post. :| Sorry.

HI VREN,
what made you think that we were still random voting? What is your opinion of Salazel? You've never played before either, so can you relate to his nervousness about being lynched on D1? Do you think you would react the same way as he has, under scrutiny?

HI DEVIOUS_BOOKWORM
, what stops you from posting more? How do you feel about lurkers? How do you feel about the phrase "Lynch All Lurkers"?

HI ZED
, you seem like you have things to say. Who do you find most suspicious at this point? Which person's vote (and reason) do you agree with the most, at this point? The least?
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Xine »

Nina wrote:*

Xine, I'm bewildered by your Post #53. I'm assuming you were adding side comments to my posts, because the comments did not seem to address the contents directly. More importantly, I feel like you barely explained your vote on McGriddle -- please do so. Did you misread? What did you think he was apologizing for? And why would it be scummy?

yes, I addressed the topics indirectly,(?), not side comments, but related thoughts of my own on the subject(s)

vote on McGrid...lol has always seemed false to me, especially when the author did not (laugh out loud) not just here in mafiascum land, but web-wide... weak case, yes, page 3=not much to go on.
Vren wrote:

devious
sounds like it could be random, or a joke. perhaps a hypocritical lurker vote?

Vern, have you read the wiki tutorial?
Do you have any thoughts on the questions I asked earlier yet?
don’t forget to address McGriddle’s question to everybody.

I guess I should make a point of doing so too:
I think that a good solid early wagon is great, so are competing wagons. I am not looking for a quick lynch, we need information, input from everybody, etc. that being said, I don’t want a day that drags on to the point of crisis mode deadline lynch. Liam pushing and early wagon on Sal is pretty much a null tell, so far, it is the resulting conversation that will/should contain the information we seek. Liam seems to be very frank about this for now.

@Liam, do you feel such transparency is something you do special for a newbie game as our IC (thanks) or a common play tactic?
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Zed »

Nina wrote:
HI ZED
, you seem like you have things to say. Who do you find most suspicious at this point? Which person's vote (and reason) do you agree with the most, at this point? The least?
Okay. I'll do this one question at a time.

*I don't have any real suspicions just yet. I'm not completely sure what I'm looking for at the momebt, but I'm working on that.

*I don't realy agree with any of the recent votes. I don't feel like there is really enough to go on at this point to seriously vote for anyone. I also think that if there is not enough evidence to hold up your vote, then don't vote. None of the reasons seem concrete enough to really defend.

Now on the Liam-Salazer thing. Liam's reasons for voting are pretty weak, at least in my opinion. Salazer was overdefensive, especialy considering the arguement against him. And why bring up this being your first game so much? This is a more inexperianced game, and we all know who is on their first game and who is not.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Zed »

Eep, sorry Salazel! When I said Salazer I mean Salazel!
Nina
Nina
Townie
Nina
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Nina »

Zed, I don't think there will be concrete reasons on our Day 1. Your post could be paraphrased into "I'm not sure," so I'll wait until you've found whatever, but one thing: You said that you had no real suspicions but Liam's reasons were weak and Salazel was overly defensive and etc. -- do none of these things manifest into "real" suspicions? Why are Liam's reasons weak if you were questioning Salazel yourself in the same way? It reads like you don't want to committ to a side. I believe that you're not sure at this point, but the faster you put yourself out there, the better.
Xine wrote:vote on McGrid...lol has always seemed false to me, especially when the author did not (laugh out loud) not just here in mafiascum land, but web-wide... weak case, yes, page 3=not much to go on.
His placement of lol still does not explain your reference to it as an apology. Once again, what did you think he was apologizing for and why was it incriminating?

McGriddle, I'm surprised that your vote on Salazel was a "joke," seeing as you cited defensiveness as the main reason and that is rather valid. What was the purpose of your joke vote? Do you find his defensiveness not actually suspicious, then?

I assume you don't find Salazel scummy, seeing as you defended him after saying your joke was a vote. Can you fully explain your views on him? Why is he not scum? The conundrum for me is that, from the skill level exhibited so far, Salazel's abuse of his inexperience seems like something he would do as both town and scum.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Salezel wrote:So your saying that even though this is my first game EVER anywhere, that I shouldn't be afraid that Im going to by lynched on the very first day??

Nice AtE, and complete scum statement. Only scum are ever afraid of being lynched. My vote is staying on you, I see no reason to let you live personally. You've been the most scummy by far thus far anyways.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Zed »

@Nina: You're right. I am not sure, at all. And I do know that there is nothing to go on on Day 1. I feel that Liam's reasons are weak because an overreaction is not a whole lot to go on. Maybe they do turn into real suspicions, I really don't know yet. I guess I'll find out later on. And yes, I'm questioning Salazel's reaction, but I'm not suspicious of him, it's more of a watchlist.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Votes are powerful things though, and lead to discussion. This is a general point to the beginners. Never be afraid to vote for those you find suspicious early on in the game. Putting pressure on those you find suspicious help you learn about your suspect.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a