Newbie 1022 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Ok to respond, yes I was simply unaware that the game had started
#freeShotty
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:And I claim townie plain and simple, also do not lynch me yet!
We are two pages in, and lynch all townie claims is just a sad excuse for a policy lynch!
Actually, lynch all claimed townies is usually how I play in smaller games for two main reasons;

If the player is scum: townie is the easiest scum claim since it doesn't involve the dangers of claiming a PR
If the player is town: claimed townies narrow down scum's night kill choices to maximise the chance that they hit PRs (should they exist)

So regardless of your alignment, "lynch all claimed townies" is actually a better move than eventually wagoning on someone else, which has the additional risk of outing a PR if we have them.
Kingcheese wrote:While your point is valid I believe it is a two way street. Scum could easily piggyback onto the bandwagon and get Shotty lynched. We then come into day two on page 3 or 4 and have a terrible place to start the day from. Assuming Shotty flipped town we have one less day to work with. In my situation it matters not if the bandwagon is against a VI, just a fast day that helps the town little.
Sounds like Kingcheese
knows
Shotty is town here. I think a Shotty flip would actually give us a fair insight into other players' interactions.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

AurorusVox wrote:
Kingcheese wrote:While your point is valid I believe it is a two way street. Scum could easily piggyback onto the bandwagon and get Shotty lynched. We then come into day two on page 3 or 4 and have a terrible place to start the day from. Assuming Shotty flipped town we have one less day to work with. In my situation it matters not if the bandwagon is against a VI, just a fast day that helps the town little.
Sounds like Kingcheese
knows
Shotty is town here. I think a Shotty flip would actually give us a fair insight into other players' interactions.
I have no idea of Shotty's nor anyone else's allignment. Shotty has posted NOTHING with any content other than saying he didn't know the game started. The entire situation above is based upon if he does flip town. However if he does in fact flip Mafia that would be a good break for us as town. Although, until we get a few pages further, I believe any lynching in the next few pages shouldn't be done this early.

This is in no way to say I do not support a Shotty lynch, I am just not comfortable in doing it know on page 3.

@
Shotty

Now that you are finally playing, care to answer my question back on Page 2?

And let me add another: What is your reaction towards your own bandwagon? Are you suprised an attempt to policy lynch you has been made, or is this sort of voting pattern happen against you often in the games you have played?
Show
The Shortcomings of drmyshottyizsik:

"or we could let me live until lylo", Vanilla Townie. Forgot it was LYLO. Town LOSS

"king is obv scum, end of story", Vanilla Townie. Too good to give reasons. Town LOSS

Nope, YAY I scum!", Vanilla Townie. Faked scum during twilight. Town LOSS
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

drmyshottyizsik - 4 (AurorusVox, Leech, TheLonging, Avish)
Chief - 1 (Kingcheese)
Avish - 1 (VasudeVa)

Not Voting - 3 (Chief, EggyLv999, drmyshottyizsik)

5 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:12 am

Post by TheLonging »

AurorusVox wrote:If the player is scum: townie is the easiest scum claim since it doesn't involve the dangers of claiming a PR
If the player is town: claimed townies narrow down scum's night kill choices to maximise the chance that they hit PRs (should they exist)
???? This is a BAD thing!!!

FoS: AurousVox
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17 am

No I do not think that this has put me in the whole, and scum alwasys try to push a PL on me day 1.
#freeShotty
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 am

Post by TheLonging »

e_e
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Kingcheese »

TheLonging wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:If the player is scum: townie is the easiest scum claim since it doesn't involve the dangers of claiming a PR

Would you care to explain you reasoning? Or would you like to add more exclamation points and question marks?

I see the same three people or so posting. Would ppl such as Eggyluv and Cheif care to share their thoughts?
Show

"or we could let me live until lylo", Vanilla Townie. Forgot it was LYLO. Town LOSS

"king is obv scum, end of story", Vanilla Townie. Too good to give reasons. Town LOSS

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am

Post by TheLonging »

"If the player is town:
claimed townies narrow down scum's night kill choices to maximise the chance that they hit PRs
(should they exist)"

"So regardless of your alignment,
"lynch all claimed townies" is actually a better move
than
eventually wagoning on someone else, which has the additional risk of outing a PR if we have them.
"

"If the player is town:
claimed townies narrow down scum's night kill choices to maximise the chance that they hit PRs
(should they exist)"
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:No I do not think that this has put me in the whole, and scum always try to push a PL on me day 1.
Why do you think they try to policy lynch you on day one? Do you believe it is your playing style? If not, would you like to explain your hypothesis? If yes to the first question, Don't you believe you should change an aspect of your game play in order to prevent this? Or have you tried to already?
Show

Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

TheLonging wrote:"If the player is town:
(should they exist)"

"So regardless of your alignment,
"lynch all claimed townies" is actually a better move
than
eventually wagoning on someone else, which has the additional risk of outing a PR if we have them.
"

"If the player is town:
(should they exist)"
I still don't understand your point. I'm afraid your post has just confused me further. :?
Show

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by TheLonging »

read the bold in the first and last quote. Read the bold and italics in the 2nd quote.

Basically, he's saying that despite the fact that if shotty is town, it'd be worse for us because PR's would be narrowed down, lynching all claimed townies is the best option DESPITE that wagoning someone might hit a PR. It's a contradiction
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

TheLonging wrote:

I don't quite understand your point. I don't think you understand mine, either :\

My
point is: if the player has claimed VT, and we DON'T lynch him, then when it comes to choosing a night kill, the scum will have a greater chance of hitting PRs, because they will have one person out of however many that they know isn't a PR. Taking "tonight" as an example, leaving Shotty alive could, in the worst case scenario, leave scum with 2/5 chance of hitting a PR. Whereas if we were to lynch shotty and he flips town, that goes down to 2/6.

NINJA: Yeah, you've definitely misunderstood me somewhere.

It would be worst for us to leave Shotty alive, i.e. try to lynch someone else because (a) it narrows PRs down for scum
and
(b) wagoning on someone else might out a PR. Please point out where the contradiction is?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Avish
Avish
Townie
Avish
Townie
Townie
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Avish »

@shotty
You say scum always tries to push PL on you on Day 1. Are you claiming that as a literal fact? That it always turns out to be scum that tries to PL you? Or are you exaggerating in an attempt to clear yourself?

More importantly, what do you have to say about the allegations against you? It has been claimed that you are always VI and anti-town. It has been claimed that even as townie you do more harm than good. What do you say about that?

Give me a reason to change my vote.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Avish wrote:
@shotty
You say scum always tries to push PL on you on Day 1. Are you claiming that as a literal fact? That it always turns out to be scum that tries to PL you? Or are you exaggerating in an attempt to clear yourself?

More importantly, what do you have to say about the allegations against you? It has been claimed that you are always VI and anti-town. It has been claimed that even as townie you do more harm than good. What do you say about that?

Give me a reason to change my vote.
Scum always either start it or are on it,
#freeShotty
Avish
Avish
Townie
Avish
Townie
Townie
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Avish »

@shotty
And the allegations against you?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:09 pm

Avish wrote:
@shotty
Eh that aren't really to many right now, and they are simply oh he's always scummy!
I have not posted enough for anything to be held against me, so I will not respond to nothing
#freeShotty
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Shotty, why do you disagree with lynch all claimed townies, other than the fact that you claimed townie?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 pm

i disagree with it at this point in the game. in 5 more pages i'm cool with it
#freeShotty
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by TheLonging »

at least you're not completely trying to throw the game this time, I applaud you for putting SOME effort in.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by TheLonging »

and yes I believe I misunderstood you or read too deep, I think I get what you mean.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Avish wrote:
@shotty
Eh that aren't really to many right now, and they are simply oh he's always scummy!
I have not posted enough for anything to be held against me, so I will not respond to nothing
I'd have to say nearly everyone has had some problem with you regardless of how little you posted. Also if I myself am not mistaken I believe you are not percieving why others have considered a policy lynch of you. Not that your scummy but that you apprently have a VI play style. Obviously both are related to some extent but the latter term explains the reasons more.

Also would you care to answer my followup questions further on up the page?
Show

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Avish:
Another IC player in another game me an' Leech are in have outlined that the main difference between MS and other sites is that other sites rely on Night play(via actions) but this site relies on Day play(via: analysis of votes, statements etc.) and a good reliable tell is blatant opportunism. I think that you have displayed such, with your L-1 vote to drmyshotty while saying that you aren't in agreement of voting the 'unpopular people'.
TheLonging wrote:

Why is this bad? AV has perfectly illustrated why lynching claimed Townies is his preffered way to go(because he wants to protect PRs). Also, he's throwing theory around, something I find to be quite common in newbie games. Why are you FoSing him for that? Are you saying that he's throwing bad theory around to mess with our heads? (IMO, scum always are honest in their theory statements so that doesn't really reflect anything about their alignment.)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Sigh VV, you should read the post above you
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Chief has been prodded.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”