Newbie 1094: Let us simulate. Game over. Scum win.

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

@Spadille: I believe the rules said that the mafia couldn't talk during N-0.

Alright, so I didn't
quite
have enough patience for that exercise. But I did reread the thread, and I think either Quilford or Supreme Overlord is scum. (possibly both)

Quilford's first post was a bit contradictory:
Quilford wrote:FoS: jmurph and cobblerfone for not voting their FoS when their other votes were random.

"Quilford"]And VOTE: izakthegoomba for fluffing up the game and posting almost nothing relevant.
And yet you vote for izak. Care to explain?

Supreme Overlord on the other hand has had some chemistry with izak that makes them sound like a scum team to me:
jmurph3 wrote:VOTE: Supreme Overlord LYNCH ALL LURKERS RAWRRR
izakthegoomba wrote:@jmurph3 I hardly think he's a lurker yet
And then Supreme Overlord jumps on the izak-wagon and starts interrogating; good cover for scum.

Spadille has also been suspicious to me. He explained why he hasn't voted for izak, but it still feels like an excuse to pull the "I was against izak" card if izak comes up scum. Plus his last post doesn't sound right to me, it's just... off somehow.

Well, I already have a vote on Quilford so I'll add the pressure to:

UNVOTE: Quilford

VOTE: Supreme Overlord

What does everyone else think?
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:24 am

Post by Spadille »

It only says that you can't submit an action. So let's just ask the mod.
@Nexus: Yo pal, can scum talk during N-0?

And what is off with my last post?

Also, if you unvote on Quilford, then Quilford doesn't have any votes anymore XD
I'll share my SO and Quilford thoughts when both of them stands for themselves.
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:37 am

Post by Nexus »

If you read the Role PMs posted on the first page, you will see that the scum may talk during confirmation and at night.
Trans rights are human rights.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Spadille »

Thank you, dude.
Cobblerfone wrote:@Spadille: I believe the rules said that the mafia couldn't talk during N-0.
See Sherlock? They can.
"
Spadille

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Sorry then, the role PMs were the only part I didn't read. :(

Oh, and sorry, I meant post #46. (reading the posts upside-down can be really disorienting)

And since the mafia can talk to each other I guess it's not as weird sounding. Maybe.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Oh, and I don't expect anyone to change their vote to Quilford on my account, so I switched to Supreme Overlord to see how he'll react.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Supreme Overlord wrote:@DDD: What did you think of these two quotes:
izak wrote:But an SE could be useful as a Townie. Even more so as a doc or cop.
izak wrote:Oh, hang on... Just had a thought. What if Cobblerfone is scum? And is trying to damage our chances?
I think they reveal far more about the experience of the player than they reveal anything about his alignment. What do you think of them?
Cobblerfone wrote:And then Supreme Overlord jumps on the izak-wagon and starts interrogating; good cover for scum.

Spadille has also been suspicious to me. He explained why he hasn't voted for izak, but it still feels like an excuse to pull the "I was against izak" card if izak comes up scum. Plus his last post doesn't sound right to me, it's just... off somehow.

Well, I already have a vote on Quilford so I'll add the pressure to:

UNVOTE: Quilford

VOTE: Supreme Overlord

What does everyone else think?
I think interrogating players to determine their alignment is what we're supposed to do as town and thus your first point is invalid and in regards to the second I find the possibility of bussing on page two to be a highly aggresive and unlikely attitude for a new player to take. Also both of these points are predicated on izak-scum which is a large assumption for so early in the game, but perhaps you know that izak is scum and you're trying to get someone else to take the fall as his partner?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cobblerfone
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Cobblerfone hardly good cover if it's that easy to unearth, making it an unlikely lead.

Because I'm not scum (not that that means anything to you), I see no reason that Cobblerfone would be.

Likewise, I think Supreme Overlord is just trying to help the town. Of course, he could be scum, but there's no real reason for me to believe he is.

I think Quilford is the most suspicious from my position, as he voted for me just because I "posted almost nothing relevant". Hardly a reason for lynching.

VOTE: Quilford

Could change if someone else looks scummier.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Spadille »

Hey hotshot, please answer post #49.
Also, how are you not being scum a reason that Cobblerfone is not one?
"
Spadille

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Spadille »

@Quilford
: What's the reason behind putting izakthegoomba in L-2?
"
Spadille

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Spadille sorry, missed that one. Anyway:

I played one game on the ONM forum. It can't really be counted - it was a pretty casual crowd, and I died N4. It used clues.

I know NKs won't be random. Lynches won't either. That was just basic theory.

Not sure what you mean with the next bit. Of course we should make an informed choice, to minimise our chances of a mislynch.

I've never kicked a random guy TBH. I imagine it wouldn't feel good unless I really didn't like him, and it almost certainly wouldn't benefit me. What's your point?

If we are to win the game, it will be by making good choices, and lynching the Mafia. What do you mean by "you just lost THE GAME LOLOLOL"?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, forgot that last one; me not being scum doesn't mean Cobblerfone is cleared. It just means that the link with me is invalid.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Spadille »

Reread. Trying to avoid tunnel vision. But DAMN, it's only izak and another-one-i-refuse-to-name-who-is-under-observation that deserves asking.
izakthegoomba wrote:@Cobblerfone makes sense, who were you thinking of? A latecomer to the bandwagon?
Why does he makes sense? He makes sense that you are a scum?
"
Spadille

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Spadille »

Oh, and to add, The Game wasn't in-context. It was just added for the lulz.
"
Spadille

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:41 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Spadille Damn. I just lost the game.

... ... ... nope, I still don't get it. We don't need to blindly target scum... we don't need to mislynch either...

Could you tell me what the whole "kick-a-random-guy-does-it-benefit-you" thing was about?

Why is there someone you "refuse to name"?

Cobblerfone makes sense in that a mafioso is probably on the bandwagon against me already. That's as far as it goes.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Quilford »

Cobblerfone wrote:Quilford's first post was a bit contradictory:
Quilford wrote:FoS: jmurph and cobblerfone for not voting their FoS when their other votes were random.

And VOTE: izakthegoomba for fluffing up the game and posting almost nothing relevant.
And yet you vote for izak. Care to explain?
There's nothing contradictory here; my vote isn't random. I'm interested that you don't seem bothered to actually comprehend one's posts.

izakthegoomba wrote:I think Quilford is the most suspicious from my position, as he voted for me just because I "posted almost nothing relevant". Hardly a reason for lynching.
Nice OMGUS there. You're actually correct; it's not a reason for lynching (however, Heliman and Supreme Overlord have brought up good points on you). But I'm not trying to get you lynched (not yet, anyway). I'm trying to build up a pressure wagon on you so we can get some idea as to your reactions under pressure.

Spadille wrote:
@Quilford
: What's the reason behind putting izakthegoomba in L-2?
I just love the number 2.

What do you think? I find him scummy. What's the problem with putting him at L-2?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Although Quilford and I are somewhat at odds here, I must agree with him on one point:
Quilford wrote:What's the problem with putting him at L-2?
What
is
the problem? I'd agree if it was L-1, but by putting me at L-2, he cranks up the pressure, whilst allowing himself to withdraw the vote later if I go to L-1 and he doesn't like it.

However, the pressure is somewhat void since you admit you're not trying to get me lynched. With that info, I may as well consider myself back at L-3.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Spadille »

Stepped out of the bed to get a cup of milk, and to check on this. This will be brief.

@Quilford
Quilford wrote:What's the problem with putting him at L-2?
Problem is, you put him at L-2 and you are not really pressuring him. You just rode the wagon. I expect alot in your position. You should be the one who is actively scumhunting. So that's that? You will not figure out if your sweet logic is flawless or not? You believe he is scum instantly? Or will you just piggyback on people thoughts and call it 'Oh that's the reason too why I voted for him'?

@izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba wrote:We don't need to blindly target scum... we don't need to mislynch either...
Well, that was your logic earlier. So I had you to understand your own thoughts.

Random lynch is like randomly kicking someone in the butt. You don't get anything from it other than conflict.

Dude, you don't really contradict Cobblerfone at all. Got some mancrush on him or something? Every post of him, all you do is "that makes sense".

His statement is more like a WIFOM if I'm correct. So I don't really think it makes sense. And it's not even supposed to make sense, it's a gut feeling.

Also, I did mention that you were number 2 and there is this number 1 that I was talking about. I don't want him to be careful and change attitude, you know. I'm gonna release some deep content the moment I wake up.
"
Spadille

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Spadille »

Oh and
Heliman
dude, who's your 2 FoS's?
"
Spadille

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Spadille »

Mhm. Looks like we got ourselves lurkers. Trendall and Heliman. They were just here browsing minuites ago and left without giving in some contents. I'm gonna make a special shout-out to give us something.
"
Spadille

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

How could I have a man-crush on Cobblerfone if I've never met him? ;)

What he was saying just seemed to fit in reasonably well.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.2:

izakthegoomba (3): Heliman, Supreme Overlord, Quilford
Supreme Overlord (2): jmurph3, Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone (1): Debonair Danny DiPietro
Quilford (1): izakthegoomba

Not voting: Spadille, Trendall

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 5pm (GMT) on the 8th May 2011.

If there are any mistakes, tell me.
Trans rights are human rights.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Supreme Overlord »

Quilford wrote:
Supreme Overlord wrote:@Quilford: Are you happy taking izak to L-3?
If I wasn't, I wouldn't have voted.
Since you said 'sorry I'm late', I was just checking to see if you knew what the votecount was on. Also, izak is right, it was/is L-2.
Cobblerfone wrote:And then Supreme Overlord jumps on the izak-wagon and starts interrogating; good cover for scum.
And if I was town I would have? Do you disagree that izak needed questioning?
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Supreme Overlord wrote:@DDD: What did you think of these two quotes:
izak wrote:But an SE could be useful as a Townie. Even more so as a doc or cop.
izak wrote:Oh, hang on... Just had a thought. What if Cobblerfone is scum? And is trying to damage our chances?
I think they reveal far more about the experience of the player than they reveal anything about his alignment. What do you think of them?
I thought they were a little shady; trying to throw town-light on the the SE in question (jmurph) and insinuation of scum onto Cobblerfone. I do agree that it's probably more to do with izak's experiance; one of the reasons I'd like him to talk some more so we get more of an idea.

izak, who are your top picks for scum, and why. Brief responses will be fine.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Man, I'm exhausted. And it turns out I won't be
as
free as I thought I would be. I'll be gone for half a day both tomorrow and the next day. I'll still be around here.

Really, my suspicion of Supreme Overlord is just a hunch that only aplies if izak is mafia. Quilford and Spadille are the ones that I think are scum if izak isn't. I also had a feeling about Trendall, but these feelings seem to be spread so thin now I don't think I'll share them anymore, lest I appear foolish.

@Quilford I had to make you say something. You've been so quiet. Your point is fair. Now I just wish the rest of the quiet people would say something.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I think interrogating players to determine their alignment is what we're supposed to do as town and thus your first point is invalid and in regards to the second I find the possibility of bussing on page two to be a highly aggresive and unlikely attitude for a new player to take. Also both of these points are predicated on izak-scum which is a large assumption for so early in the game, but perhaps you know that izak is scum and you're trying to get someone else to take the fall as his partner?
I wasn't criticizing that Spadille was interrogating izakthegoomba (Actually, since Overlord's quoted it in his post while I was typing this I see that it's Overlord that I accuse. I really have no idea why I said that. I'll chalk it up to nausea do to reading the posts upside down in the reply-preview). I was just explaining that if the mafia are attacking each other, then I'm counting Spadille's intergation as "bussing" even if he isn't voting, which I don't think he should, obviously and... Okay I see that I've found a round-about in my logic. :oops:
I'm still counting it for the purposes of my "gut feeling", though. Also, Spadille isn't new, he's played elsewhere and has said so himself that where he's from they play more aggressively. Also, my gut feeling is that izak has a mafia vote on him whether he's mafia or not. Meaning whether he's town is irrelevant for the purposes of my gut. Now, I'm not going to try to convince anyone to blindly follow my gut, (I'm sure it smells :P ) but I want to let everyone know where I'm coming from.

The only suspicion of mine that relies on izak being scum is Supreme Overlord. Which, I'll admit I'm feeling less suspicious of izak (though he is eerily calm) because I looked back at the time stamps for his first and second post, and it just seems so unscumlike to come back after an hour to give that pointless speculation.
But I'm still waiting for Overlord to respond, so my vote's still on him.

Since he's posted while I typed this, and I am really confused by my own posts even, I'm going to take a break and

UNVOTE: Supreme Overlord

I'm going to go read the thread over again.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Cobblerfone wrote: Which, I'll admit I'm feeling less suspicious of izak (though he is eerily calm) because I looked back at the time stamps for his first and second post, and it just seems so unscumlike to come back after an hour to give that pointless speculation.
Woops-ee-daisy, make that his 2nd and 3rd posts.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”