Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by Glork »

It's consistent if your group killed majiffy (power role tell? idk, I haven't really looked at his posts), and Ghost is the SK who killed Paps. Heck, you could even have been a Mafia Tracker or something and actually have *had* a result on him.

Anyway, it's not something I've given much serious consideration to. I'm just saying, the possibility has crossed my mind.

Vote count
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch)
(4) Ghostlin – Tierce, Dazzy, PeregrineV, Glork
(1) pizzadudes7 – Slandaar
(1) Glork - Ghostlin

Not voting
: inte, Malee, Pizzadudes7, Tebow

Deadline
: Saturday 31 March 20:00 CET
Last edited by Johoohno on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Dazzy »

First off I'm going to
UNVOTE:
for now, since that vote was made on an incorrect premise.

In post 19, Tierce wrote:

Why do you think it was a scumkill? 'Night killed' could have different meaning, we are not aware of the exact flavor.

Sorry, guess I've just always associated "Night Killed" with the mafia, so I made a jump in reasoning which may not have been completely justified.

I just keep fucking up don't I? :roll:

Anyways. I like Tierce's case on Ghost but I'm gonna wait a bit longer to see what I can see, as I'm not convinced of anything yet. I'd really like it if slandaar would stop the Jedi act and just say something useful.

@MOD: The last two votecounts have 4 people listed as voting for Ghostlin, but only 3 are tallied before his name. Is this an error? Also, any word yet on whether tebow and malee will be returning?

Mod note:
Vote counts have been fixed, sorry about that. Tebow has until tonight before I look for a replacement. Malee has been prodded and responded to me, but hasn't posted yet in thread. I'll give some leeway there before acting.
Last edited by Johoohno on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 46, Tierce wrote:I've seen you go all "oh I'd be okay with a pseudo policy lynch on D1" as scum, Ghostlin.I heavily implied I had an incriminating result on you. I've seen town reacting to false-guilty results on them from people they believe are town.1 You believe I'm town (even worse, you use the wording "I know you're town"), so I'd have no reason to lie. There are a number of reasons that could cause me to actually have an unreliable result in a mini theme, but instead you immediately called me a liar ("you're blowing smoke out of your ass" and "you're obviously incredibly talking out of both sides of your mouth") while still calling me town.Town who is false-guiltied by someone they believe is town usually goes "wtf is going on".1 You called me a liar, made no mention of the possibility I was gambiting, made no mention of sanities being in play. And still named me town. This is what MoI would call cognitive dissonance, scum.

No, I called your play dissonant--and I also said the only reason I believed you were Town was I couldn't believe scum would obviously paint huge targets on their back. Which you know, 'I was bluffing, and here's a breadcrumb to prove I was bluffing,' doesn't prove anyone's alignment, Tierce.

Now, if you wanna fess up you showboat as scum, I'm willing to listen to that. I tend to not.

The only comment that I mentioned buddying you specifically out of the three you quoted was #81---#201 was to prove the dissonance of the retutation of Tebow's stances without having a counter stance of his own, and #227, sorry, was just a comment on Majiffy saying specifically 'meta me'; which I pointed out was a piss poor defense, which is regardless of either of your alignments. If it was PV and Glork and PV said 'meta me', I would of said exactly the same thing. I probably would of gone after Tebow if he just refuted me, or refuted me and Glork, or refuted me and PV, or me and any other player in the game.

Even 'get your vote off Tierce' was a point made on the fact that I had a heavy Town read on you at the point of the post--I don't tend to waste my time not defending Town reads.

Proposing a policy lynch Day 1 is a null tell for me--I'll happily vote people who aren't contributing Day 1, for example, you don't want them around later. You may not believe me since that other game, but if you're going to BOTHER to go after me by using meta, at least make sure you're applying it correctly.

Fact is, and you're both going to discard this as AtE, I'm floundering, posting walls and getting annoyed with the both of you--which by the way oddly enough probably is convincing me this is more of a Town v. Town v. Town brawl, while there are others that are similar in position on the wagon WHO AREN'T GIVING YOU OPINIONS AND STANCES, not bothering to argue with you and sit down for tea.

Take Tebow for example--he spent most of his time Day 1 talking about how he wouldn't be lead or bullied or anything else but kinda lazily laid down a vote on Tierce and didn't move it. On Day 1.

Name one thing that Slandaar or PV has done that's been actual unique content lately, and I'll give you a hat.

You know what? I've got nothing valuable on me as a player, so hang me. There's no doubletalk here, and if you're convinced this case can fly, go right ahead. However, ask yourself the facts of the fact of no counterwagon and the fact that a lot of people are passive and haven't proposed much at this juncture.

Tell you what, I'll give you something to talk about.

Unvote.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:49 am

Post by Slandaar »

Pizza is probably scum because when I looked at the wagons when this game restarted to remind myself wtf was going on I saw his name on the kondi wagon and was like pizzas in this game? which tells me hes laying way too low which probably makes him scum.

His comments today have been very self centred.

I still need to reread especially this glork read on him... but pizza is a good vote.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Glork »

That's just how Pizza is. In Muppet Mafia (which was ruined by a scum player posting his role PM during D1, and no longer exists due to the site crash), he barely posted, barely voted, and didn't talk about much fo anything that didn't involve him directly.

AFAICT, that's just how he plays. Nothing to do with his alignment.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pizzadudes7
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Pizzadudes7 »

In post 54, Glork wrote:That's just how Pizza is. In Muppet Mafia (which was ruined by a scum player posting his role PM during D1, and no longer exists due to the site crash), he barely posted, barely voted, and didn't talk about much fo anything that didn't involve him directly.

AFAICT? Also, post-crash, I am trying to be active in my games.
Show
I definitely did NOT just lose the game. :)

If someone broke something, blame either gravity or kdowns.

I am simply stating things that may or may not need to be changed through my thorough use of sarcasm, trolling, and all around bitchiness.
Malee
Malee
Goon
Malee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Malee »

I didn't forgot about this game, but quite busy. I'll catch up very soon, sorry for the delay.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:22 am

Post by PeregrineV »

When I first looked at the downloadable Day1, it showed up like the actual pages, with avatars, etc. Now when I open it, the avatars are not appearing next to the post.

Anyone know how best to open it so I can have the avatars connected? I got all of the files unzipped.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 am

Post by Glork »

In post 55, Pizzadudes7 wrote:
In post 54, Glork wrote:That's just how Pizza is. In Muppet Mafia (which was ruined by a scum player posting his role PM during D1, and no longer exists due to the site crash), he barely posted, barely voted, and didn't talk about much fo anything that didn't involve him directly.

"As Far As I Can Tell."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 57, PeregrineV wrote:When I first looked at the downloadable Day1, it showed up like the actual pages, with avatars, etc. Now when I open it, the avatars are not appearing next to the post.

Anyone know how best to open it so I can have the avatars connected? I got all of the files unzipped.

You have to keep the files with the folder structure they have, including the
img
folder.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 55, Pizzadudes7 wrote:

Also, do us both a favor and don't just be active.
Contribute
. Even if it seems insignificant, point out whatever you see/feel as it happens. You have virtually nothing to lose as town by doing so, and it helps people understand where you're coming from. Transparency is always your friend as town.

And yes, everyone, I'm coaching here. But this is town coaching town, not scum coaching scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

ghostlin have you played with pizza before?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

pizza i guess you could answer that actually too... either way just need an answer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:13 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Slandaar, to my knowledge, I've not played with Pizza before, but it is worth pointing out that Glork's reasoning would not indicate Pizza's alignment.

There are a group of players that contribute very little who aren't scum, that's true, but it's rare that those players as scum play more, in fact they'd contribute about the same or less because they don't want attention drawn to them.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 am

Post by Johoohno »

Mod note:
Tebow is replaced by StefanB (thanks).
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 60, Glork wrote:And yes, everyone, I'm coaching here. But this is town coaching town, not scum coaching scum.

Maybe I've done enough IC that I wouldn't have noticed or cared about the coaching, Lord knows I've told entire games to step it up (like this one really needs to do); but seriously how do you know Pizzadudes is town?

Let's say, for the sake of argument, Pizzadudes plays the exact same way in all of his games. In a 13 player game, that puts him somewhere between 3/13 and 4/13 (5/13 I feel is a bit high) chance of being scum by random draw alone. So saying 'Pizzadudes is always like this; hence he's Town' will be wrong about 15-25% chance of the time.

The second reason this caveat stuck out, is that you seem to care what we think about the 'scummy' behavior---which, I'm actually not going to say 'if you think it's scummy why are you doing it?' but rather why would you preempt someone for voting for you for such a lame reason? If they smack their vote on you because of a lame reason of 'he's telling Pizzadudes to step it up', then you've caught a highly opportunistic player.

I've already put my foot in it once, and this, in the detached mode that I'm feeling isn't really a case...it's a set of observations.

It's also really depressing this is the only thing I have to comment on.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:05 am

Post by Glork »

Ghostlin, please go back and read what I said earlier today. I am growing very tired of your repeated failures to read and understan my posts.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Glork »

Also, I tend to see accusations of "coaching scum" come from townies at least as often as scum. I wouldn't expect to find "opportunistic" scum accusing me, hence why I pre-emptied the argument.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Unvote.

Suck-ass re-read going on. I can't get the avatars back, so am doing it without. Am going to catch up today and read concurrently to help me care more.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:26 am

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch)
(3) Ghostlin – Tierce, PeregrineV, Glork
(1) pizzadudes7 – Slandaar

Not voting
: Dazzy, Ghostlin, inte, Malee, Pizzadudes7, StefanB

Deadline
: Saturday 31 March 20:00 CET
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Johoohno »

Mode note:
pizzadudes7 is on a V/LA for a couple of days
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 am

Post by inte »

bold it bro

also im going to be v/la starting friday 3/16 for about a week
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Sorry.

Unvote.

@Tierce- Bad idea faking, since if Ghostlin is town, your obviously suspect.

However, in my Newbie game here a player did that, but I kind of botched it by talking too much.

So, staying there for now, since 52 doesn't address the "why" near enough for me.

Vote: Ghostlin
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:24 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 66, Glork wrote:Ghostlin, please go back and read what I said earlier today. I am growing very tired of your repeated failures to read and understan my posts.

No. You're misunderstanding me. So far, your only 'proof' that Pizzadudes is Town is a game that got aborted Day 1 and the idea that Pizza always plays like this, but you're assertive enough to make arguments like 'this is town on town' coaching and to refer to Slandaar's vote earlier in the day as 'Don't vote Pizza. Pizza is Town.'

If Pizza just doesn't contribute much regardless of alignment, how do you know this is Town Pizza instead of Scum Pizza?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Glork »

Ghostlin, please go back and read all of Day Two. I promise you, I've already gone over this. I am looking at the post right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”