Cookie Clicker

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Brandi »

cookies
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In post 49, NabakovNabakov wrote:And now none of you have the right to complain when economic models make simplifying assumptions.
Yes I do. I don't make economic models for a living and control the financial outcomes of millions of people with them.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 51, Tamuz wrote:
In post 49, NabakovNabakov wrote:And now none of you have the right to complain when economic models make simplifying assumptions.
Yes I do. I don't make economic models for a living and control the financial outcomes of millions of people with them.
Dick Waving Contest Go.

It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 32, NabakovNabakov wrote:This game is great for booting up, going to work, and coming home and feeling as if you've accomplished something.

Currently around 6b cps, buying the British cookies one by one because I'm too impatient to save up for the last kitten upgrade. I should be ready for a soft reset next week, hopefully in time for dungeons.
The fourth kitten upgrade is the single best upgrade in the entire game. No contest.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by saulres »

I make lots of cookies.

12 and a half billion plus per second.

Gonna keep going until I get all the upgrades I can (except Grandmapocalypse) before resetting, I think, because I don't fully understand how resetting's going to work. The one time I played with it (before reverting to the pre-test save) I wasn't making nearly enough to finish buying 100 ACs.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 43, CooLDoG wrote:is this game supposed to teach you about diminishing marginal returns?
cynical remake of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_Clicker ?
Retired as of October 2014.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:12 am

Post by AGar »

In post 50, Brandi wrote:cookies
^
In post 54, Ankamius wrote:
In post 32, NabakovNabakov wrote:This game is great for booting up, going to work, and coming home and feeling as if you've accomplished something.

Currently around 6b cps, buying the British cookies one by one because I'm too impatient to save up for the last kitten upgrade. I should be ready for a soft reset next week, hopefully in time for dungeons.
The fourth kitten upgrade is the single best upgrade in the entire game. No contest.
It's entirely dependent on how many achievements you have, though.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 57, AGar wrote:
^

If you don't have a lot of achievements, you're not going to be able to make 900 trillion cookies in any reasonable amount of time.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:33 am

Post by chamber »

The dungeon beta is so shit.
Taking a break from the site.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 am

Post by AGar »

In post 58, Ankamius wrote:
In post 57, AGar wrote:
^

If you don't have a lot of achievements, you're not going to be able to make 900 trillion cookies in any reasonable amount of time.
I also just realized the minimum amount of achievements is 300% milk to get the last kitten upgrade.

Once I get it, I'm going to almost quintuple my cookie production (currently at 12.5B CpS).
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 am

Post by saulres »

How will you be making 48B CpS? I have all the upgrades except what you can get with more than 71 ACs, and Milk's at 324%. I'm making just upwards of 16B.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 am

Post by chamber »

I think he just doesn't understand how it works. I don't think he'll break 20 if thats his current CpS and all he adds is that upgrade.
Taking a break from the site.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Nightson »

Kitten Overseers can double your production pretty easily, but not more then that.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:06 am

Post by AGar »

In post 63, Nightson wrote:Kitten Overseers can double your production pretty easily, but not more then that.
According to the math at the Wiki for Kitten Overseers, my mult is going to go from 5.37 to 24.10. The math could be off on how that'll actually impact things, it was pretty unclear on what it'd actually do.

I'm also working with 135 HCs. That's helping significantly.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:16 am

Post by Psyche »

wow
jargon
You can't step in the same river twice.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by AGar »

Ok yeah, only got up to 20B with Kitten Overseers.

Still 20B CpS with under 100 Time Machines and <70 ACs.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Mina »

In post 59, chamber wrote:The dungeon beta is so shit.
I know! You can barely move the character, and the combat is basically, "Stand there and watch either your player or the monster die according to a coin flip."

I feel like I've hit a plateau in this game where the only way to obtain the next upgrade tier with the resources I have is just to leave the game running as an open tab for hours and hours. I can't afford enough resources to unlock the achievements I'm missing (like 200 cursors and grandmas), and at this point, all the buildings I can buy are obscenely priced for little return. I still haven't reset my game, but don't want to do it until I hit one quadrillion cookies.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by AGar »

Have you done soft resets yet? If you have enough cookies, your CpS gets a massive shot in the arm.

E: Reading is tech. Yeah the only way to make some progress is leave it running or start hawking for golden cookies. No other real good way after a while.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Ythan »

oops
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

OH GOD THE GRANDMACOLPYSE
green shirt thursdays
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:40 am

Post by saulres »

Just got up to 6 quadrillion in a Cookie Chain :D
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:47 am

Post by saulres »

Someone please explain to me how Heavenly Chips work? I did a test soft reset, got 215 heavenly chips (+400%), but I'd have to rebuy all my other buffs. The maths is hard for me nowadays :(
On permanent
V/LA
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

You lose all your buildings/upgrades, but you keep your achievements/golden cookie clicks and get heavenly chips based on how many cookies you baked in every past run combined. The first starts at 1T, then the amount you need for the next one increases by 1T every time. They do stack, so resetting with 10T gives you 4 chips, while resetting after another 10T sets you at 5 chips.

Heavenly chips just give you a passive CPS multiplier boost. That's really it until he reworks it.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:04 am

Post by saulres »

I mostly get that. What I'm looking for is, right now I'm making several boatloads of cookies, but if I reset it goes back to practically none, and I have to restart buying from scratch. Does it make sense to do that, or to wait until I've finished getting the (I think) 3 quantity achievements, and their associated upgrades, before or after I reset.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “The Arcade”