Mini-Normal 1713: Mystery Mansion Mafia (GAME OVER)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Accountant »

Was it really a gambit though?

It wasn't, just pre-game joking on my part. Can't speak for Slandaar, but my gut tells me he's doing the same.

What is one fm game that stands out in your memory?

I have not completed a single full game of forum mafia on this site.

Would you say you play as a better mafia scum or townie?

I think that I play better as scum, and enjoy it more. The "naughtiness" of sneaking around behind town member's backs amuses me, and I'm a big believer in the whole "knowledge is power" thing. Plus the level of coordination enjoyed by scum through night chat is just astounding.

What is the strangest fm game you ever played?

FM 7C on the Town of Salem forums. It was a forced Hydra game where you shared a slot with another player. I was the town roleblocker and ended up blocking a vanilla townie every night, stating the witch(an evil role) was confirmed town then lynching the doctor and elite bodyguard consecutively. I also ordered the vigilante to shoot a townie, and somehow managed to townread every single evil role in the game. Needless to say, a lot of shit was slung my way after the game :P

Have you ever dated anyone from fm?

No, I'm a physical asexual - I've only dated imaginary people(who are the only people that I'm attracted to).

What is a fun fact about yourself?

I'm not actually an accountant, but I do know some accountancy and I like long lists of numbers.

Whstde your issue with naked voting?

Public nudity laws aside, I don't like unreadable people in general and not backing up your vote makes you harder to read in my opinion.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 47, SilverWolf wrote:Slandaar and Accountant are both prob not scum. I really don't see scum pulling either of those gambits-claiming town like that or claiming scum like that.

Performer. What exactly were you hoping to learn from those particular RQS questions and how would that help you determine anyone's alignment this game?

Meh, the questions were a way to gauge responses. Or at least learn a little about people here. I'm very new to this website, you never now what you learn about others. Most people seem to be strictly focused on playing the game and treating it super serious, but I'm more into the "fun part."

As for someone claiming to be mafia or town...I played games on another site, where a few people did that early in day 1 and wow, it turned out quite bad for us townies, because they turned out to be something other than the claim.

Much thanks to Accountant for answering, didn't realize you're not an actual accountant :lol:
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 37, Performer wrote:Also, I don't recognize most of you guys here, I want to do an RQS as well lol.

This one, considering that I'm currently playing it.

Scum.

This one, considering that it's stranger than the other games I've played so far.

I identify as edgesexual, meaning that I derive sexual pleasure from edge in all its forms. If someone invited me on a date, I would invite them to select the date of their funeral.

I am physically incapable of experiencing all emotion other than the sexual pleasure directly associated with my edgesexuality.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

Expedience with that serial killer soft though
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 37, Performer wrote:Also, I don't recognize most of you guys here, I want to do an RQS as well lol.

Divine Comedy (micro 497) I was town, 9 players, 3 neighbourhoods of 3, scum tracker in ours, and I was able to figure it out with the rest of town which was cool.

I win more often as scum but I play well as both considering I haven't been misslynched as town yet (except that one time someone faked a cop guilty on me)

WTF mafia (mini 1670) role madness game and I was scum. Massclaim Day 1 caused us to kill the roles that would give us the most trouble but I was paranoid throughout the game because my buddy and me were townread heavily and both invited by the town neighbourizer who then also invited the 3rd party scum (who was a dayvig that shot both my buddies). And that led to a shared win of scum :D

No and I don't intend to. I dated once in another online game and that ended badly. I don't feel like dating, I'm happy with my cat.

I'm 30 and I still need my teddy bear :P

UNVOTE:
I get why you voted now.

I wouldn't call what Slandaar and Accountant are doing 'gambitting' Slandaar's tone matches the one I remember from him in another game where he was town, but it's too soon to make it definite but I'm not scumreading him. I took Accountant's response as jokingly roleplaying, which she herself explained.

@Akarin: How serious were you in ?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 am

Post by SilverWolf »

My answers in bold.

NY 180-That game was just bizarre in so many ways.

Better as town but scum game is improving.

Probably the micro Russian Roulette-it was not your typical mafia game but super fun-much trolling was had.

Nope-I'm a married woman.

I have 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 fishtanks.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:40 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Also. Performer-Are you gonna answer these questions too?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:42 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

vote: performer
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:08 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

Vote Count 1.01

Slandaar (3) - Accountant, Akarin, Performer
Accountant (3) - absta101, Slandaar, Expedience
Performer (2)- SilverWolf, Jake From State Farm
Davsto (1) - All Alone
absta101 (1) - Davsto
Jake From State Farm (1)- Grayfoxx

Not Voting (1) - Wanderer-nl
With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Day 1 ends on 09/16/15 at 6:27 AM EST
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:16 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 57, Jake from State Farm wrote:
vote: performer

Why? His RQS isn't the best, but it has generated more discussion than most of the other players so far.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:22 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Why not? I dislike rqs and find it useless and while it's generated discussion. It's not discussion that is really useful to me. It's just a way to appear productive but not actually be productive.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:51 am

Post by Accountant »

Ah, okay, that's fine then. Wanderer, do you not like RVS? Becuase you haven't voted.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I have voted. I unvoted later because I no longer think Performer's vote looks suspicious.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 am

Post by absta101 »

Performer's RQS is pretty much null; i've seen town do it many times.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:50 am

Post by absta101 »

@Expedience
In post 46, Expedience wrote:Slandaar is practically confirmed Town, no scum would pull such an obscene gambit.

Why wouldn't he do it as scum?

Wanderer stated that Slandaar plays like this as town so he could just be acting 'consistently'. I don't see the risk/gambit in what he did.
--
@Silverwolf
- Same question as above.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I didn't say Slandaar plays like that as town. I said his tone was the same as his tone in another game where he was town. I have no idea how he plays as scum, but right now no reason to suspect him of anything.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Akarin »

As I don't have any other games on site, none of them stand out in my memory.

The strangest game I played had a Jester whose existence was announced at the beginning of the game, the game ended in a loss for everyone else if they were lynched. That really messed up how the game worked.

I probably play better as town, and it's more fun!

I
have
dated someone I played a forum mafia game with, it was okay!

Fun fact: I milked a cow today (at a county fair.)
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Akarin »

Back on topic,

I think Wolfie and Expedience (Expy?) are being silly in thinking of this as some daring gambit. It's a simple joke that plenty of people as either alignment do all the time. "Practically confirmed town" is ridiculous.

It's weird that the gambit language has been repeated so much. And Wolfie looks like she has a lot more experience, it's weird that she'd buy into this kind of logic if she were actually trying to figure out if Slandaar were town or scum.

VOTE: SilverWolf
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:47 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Like akas last post. Gives reasoning that's easy to follow, and follows up with a vote instead of just pointing fingers.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 67, Akarin wrote:Back on topic,

I think Wolfie and Expedience (Expy?) are being silly in thinking of this as some daring gambit. It's a simple joke that plenty of people as either alignment do all the time. "Practically confirmed town" is ridiculous.

It's weird that the gambit language has been repeated so much. And Wolfie looks like she has a lot more experience, it's weird that she'd buy into this kind of logic if she were actually trying to figure out if Slandaar were town or scum.

Definitely agreeing here.

Slandaar's comment and the other person's follow up was blatantly a joke, and why people are actually voting on the two based on that is beyond me. It's like super-reaching, trying to find evidence when there's nothing.

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I like where this is going.

Also making a mental note for .
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 64, absta101 wrote:
@Expedience
In post 46, Expedience wrote:Slandaar is practically confirmed Town, no scum would pull such an obscene gambit.

Wanderer stated that Slandaar plays like this as town so he could just be acting 'consistently'. I don't see the risk/gambit in what he did.

My comment wasn't intended seriously, if that didn't come across properly. I don't think Slandaar's post was alignment indicative at all, and it's hardly an "obscene gambit" in any case.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:20 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 64, absta101 wrote:
@Expedience

--
@Silverwolf
- Same question as above.

He could do it as scum but it doesn't seem likely right now. The banter between him and Accountant seemed pretty carefree and easygoing. I see nothing scummy there and still don't understand the wagon on either one of them. I've seen town claims in several games and every single time the person has been town. I've also seen the joking scum claims and most times they are town but not always. However, I'm not seeing anything scummy in Accountant's play right now.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:23 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 67, Akarin wrote:Back on topic,

Where did I say it was some daring gambit? My and clearly explained I though this was town so far. How exactly is this vote worthy again? It seems you are making a big deal out of nothing.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Davsto »

Uh, sorry, I appear to have misplaced my vote, it wasn't silverwolf who voted someone (seemingly seriously) based on the stuff.
UNVOTE:
It was Performer.
VOTE: performer

However, SilverWolf, townreading them by that exchange is also silly. I just find reaching to vote on a single person more scummy than oddly townreading two people from it.
Excuse me while I facepalm for being silly enough to mix that up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”